Android 18 Thread - Lapis and Lazuli

FrozteyFroztey Break the CuffsJoined: Posts: 10,906 mod
edited January 30 in Dragon Ball FighterZ
Compiling character subthreads, post your tech/discussion here!

Please @ me if any tech you'd like adding to the OP comes up!
Post edited by Froztey on
SFV Cody Discord! - https://discord.gg/6CwKfAG
SFV Lounge Discord! - https://discord.gg/cBByyap
YouTube
Twitch

Comments

• AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,199

If using her as an assist, here's a trick that forces an opponent to break a throw by Dragon Rush buttons only (cannot do any attack button):

A18 Oki stuff in the corner:

With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,724
    A collection of tweets about 18:
    https://twitter.com/i/moments/957897343310946304
    [SFV] Laura [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • Dark_KyDark_Ky Joined: Posts: 27
    how do I get the SD after: 2M, 5M, JC, LML down+H, QCBM into SD (I dont get this part) then LM, LMH?
    Where are you seeing this combo?
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,751
    edited January 30
    Dark_Ky wrote: »
    how do I get the SD after: 2M, 5M, JC, LML down+H, QCBM into SD (I dont get this part) then LM, LMH?

It only works in the corner.
    Didn't know this combo, does good solo no meter damage too.

You get a bit more damage if you do this combo:
    2M>5M>j.MLL2H>214M...

Edit: Just saw this combo on the TSB_Blaze stream from the 27th done by SonicFox.
    Post edited by LockM on
    DBFZ: A18/Trunks/Yamcha
    GGXrdR2:
     Jam, Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

edited January 30
    delete
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 625
    I found a weird thing about 18 earlier that I didn't record but at the same time, I wasn't sure if it was new or not. I played Arcade Mode and was fighting the last opponent when I accidentally did 18's grab but during that, she somehow canceled it into her Super((the stomp part) but I also did a move which caused 17 to come out.

I didn't call 17 first before the grab because he clearly came out afterwards and I didn't realize you can cancel the grab into Super, so this could be the makings of a mass frametrap if someone wants to try and figure that crap out.
  • AznpersonAznperson Joined: Posts: 48
    If you hold the button down for the grab she throws you and can get the wall bounce and can combo off that
  • XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 625
    Aznperson wrote: »
    If you hold the button down for the grab she throws you and can get the wall bounce and can combo off that

Yeah I was near the wall for that so that must have been it...
    GGXrdR2:
     Jam, Baiken

• krokro Joined: Posts: 724
    edited February 1
    I just made a vid with a couple of 18 combos using Gohan's DP assist. Guess I'll post it here.

• WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,594
    edited February 1
    There's something I'm curious about when it comes to Android 18's Assist, have anyone tested how much her assist negates physical attacks?

Essentially what I'm wondering is could it be used as a way to continue pressuring your opponent since that if the assist is out, there's no real safe way for them to get out of your pressure...

*Don't have the game btw, gotta wait till Friday *
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,199
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    There's something I'm curious about when it comes to Android 18's Assist, have anyone tested how much her assist negates physical attacks?

Essentially what I'm wondering is could it be used as a way to continue pressuring your opponent since that if the assist is out, there's no real safe way for them to get out of your pressure...

The assist negates normals and regular ki blasts (if there's a barrage of it she will stay on the screen until it's over), not beams or supers. You can use it in pressure basically to give one point of armor to your normals but beware because you need the right timing and it doesn't stay on screen for too long.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • ReijiReiji Joined: Posts: 275
    How do you land her special QCF throw ? I can't combo into it from light attacks
    You don't deserve to know my name !
    Tick throws
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
    edited February 5
    Reiji wrote: »
    How do you land her special QCF throw ? I can't combo into it from light attacks

Edit: I was wrong.

Post edited by Weeaboo on
    Got some more tech I haven't seen posted anywhere else. It's a basic OS involving barrier and her lv3.

Option selects (OS) are inputs that cover multiple options. In this case, inputting 22S14L+M allows you to buffer her level 3 into her barrier.

0:03 - If nothing hits it, only the barrier will come out.
    0:07 - If something does hit it, 18 will immediately go into her level 3 and punish whatever your opponent threw out.

This OS works well against beams, super dashes, and practically any close range normal. Barrier can also be used in the air and is great for punishing people that like to super dash at you while airborne.

Notes:
    • 18's barrier will continue for as long as it is in continuous block stun.
    • You can cancel into super at anytime as long as it is in block stun so mashing 214L+M while barrier is active also works.
    • You can cancel into 236L+M as well, but that super lacks startup invincibility and can be stuffed. This can be useful for punishing long range beams and ki blasts when timed correctly.

Methods to counter:
    1. Dragon Rush (throw) beats the barrier clean.
    2. Bait out the lv3 with an assist or projectile while your point character is blocking in neutral.
    3. Wait for the barrier to end and punish the recovery frames (small window).
    4. Buffer vanish BEFORE the super flash. This is a hard read. You cannot buffer vanish after the super flash or you will eat the lv3.
    Are you guys aware you can do:

2M>5M>jLML2H>214M, 66>jS, 2M>5M...

Highlighted the important part.
    Saw Leffen try this combo intraining on his stream.
    GGXrdR2:
     Jam, Baiken

I'm supposed to IAD grounded or while I'm in the air?
    edited February 8
    In the air ofc since you're trying to hit j.S and pick the combo back up on the ground.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
    edited February 9
    I integrated the j.S combo extension above into my assist combo.

The trick to connect j.S is to do the air dash as soon as possible, let it rock and press S as late as possible.
    If you're starting the combo with lights just skip the last 2M or they will flip out before the super connects.

edit: I lied. You have to delay the dash as well. Actually I'm not sure how to make it consistent, I usually just look at the red indicator that tells where my character is on the bottom of the screen and press when it's close to the falling opponent.
    Also against short characters like Kid Buu you might want to skip the 2H as well and either cancel directly into super or do 5M>jc>j.M>236L+M.
    Post edited by OceanMachine on
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,906 mod
    Bro fix your trash colour balance
    SFV Cody Discord! - https://discord.gg/6CwKfAG
    SFV Lounge Discord! - https://discord.gg/cBByyap
    YouTube
    Twitch
    I just changed video editor, I cba to do it for this video. I'll do it next time
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
    edited February 10
    I think some of these things were already posted in tweets earlier in this thread but a full video is always better!

A18 EXTENSION COMBOS WITH A17

A18 CORNER DRAGONRUSH SETPLAY

Post edited by LockM on
    GGXrdR2:
     Jam, Baiken

edited February 10
    Ok so the dude in the first video cancelled the dragon rush into j.H (combo starting from 0:32)... he did it several times throughout the video actually. It happened to me too but I have no idea how to replicate it. It seems he didn't press any additional buttons either. Anyone has any idea of how it works?

edit: I'm dumb... this is the standard finisher of dragon rush if a launcher was already used in the combo.
    Post edited by OceanMachine on
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,396
    Ok so the dude in the first video cancelled the dragon rush into j.H (combo starting from 0:32)... he did it several times throughout the video actually. It happened to me too but I have no idea how to replicate it. It seems he didn't press any additional buttons either. Anyone has any idea of how it works?

edit: I'm dumb... this is the standard finisher of dragon rush if a launcher was already used in the combo.

Yeah you can actually hit grounded dragon rush on a juggled opponent seam some people combo destructo disc and keep a combo going from this.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • itsNoxitsNox Joined: Posts: 5
    As much as I love the gradually more optimized combos I'm really curious what you guys are doing in the neutral game with 18. How are you approaching, pressuring, and dealing with pressure?
    edited February 11
    In short? Lame da fuck outta of them.

Obviously you're going to need a little more details in what I'm saying , so here you go:

The biggest asset that's going for Android 18 is a fact that she has Android 17 as an assist, you wanna throw him out in neutral as much as possible to frustrate your opponent into making mistakes. Mostly you're going to be using j.214M in the air to discourage them from approaching from the air, 214S to lock them in place for a free jump in, 214L & 214M is to stop them from approaching you from the ground, not a enough blockstun to keep them in place though for a jump in...

Along with her own assist, her zoning is pretty decent, j.S & 2S has nice angle to it. The only difference between the two is, j.S make her stay in place while 2S has a little forward movement. 5S is cool because you can either hold it to get a full screen blockstring going, since it has 5 hits or you can do it once or twice to bait out a Super Dash. The last thing she has is her Destructo Disk, which is alright. Since it's a projectile not a beam, unfortunately you can't lock your opponent down for that full screen jump in. You can change its trajectory though either up or down...

All in all in my opinion she's supposed to be played in this way. It allows her to pick her spots, poke at her opponents defense & frustrate them into making major mistakes where you can capitalize off it and begin your mix-up game.

Hope this helps. . .
    edited February 11
    I think most people use her as point since she then gets the benefit of having 3 assists that can cover her relatively short limbs (although 5M and 2M have pretty good range and active frames). 214S can work as a replacement of a beam assist when you need to make space for yourself then once you're in use your IAD>j.M, 3 lows (yes, 5L is also a low) or grabs to open up the opponent. Finish air combos with j.H>214M to force them to block on wakeup.
    She's pretty much the Millia of the game as once she lands a hit she can corner someone very easily and force them to eat your oki mixups indefinitely.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
    itsNox wrote: »
    As much as I love the gradually more optimized combos I'm really curious what you guys are doing in the neutral game with 18. How are you approaching, pressuring, and dealing with pressure?

The same way everyone else plays. Avoid getting locked down by the opponent's Vegeta or beam assist until people get caught blocking your own Vegeta or beam assist. Run away until it refreshes if you failed to knock them down.