SSGSS(Blue) Goku Thread - Hope You Pre-Ordered

FrozteyFroztey Break the CuffsJoined: Posts: 10,906 mod
edited January 30 in Dragon Ball FighterZ
Compiling character subthreads, post your tech/discussion here!

Please @ me if any tech you'd like adding to the OP comes up!
Post edited by Froztey on
SFV Cody Discord! - https://discord.gg/6CwKfAG
SFV Lounge Discord! - https://discord.gg/cBByyap
YouTube
Twitch

Comments

• ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 561
    Desk combo video

Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Mains: Dragunov, Bryan Second: Josie, Devil Jim

DBFZ: Adult Gohan/GokuBlack/SSJVegeta
  • ReijiReiji Joined: Posts: 275
    I find this Goku to be very hard to use properly. His normals and specials aren't that good, but his supers are awesome IMO.
    You don't deserve to know my name !
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,131
    Surprised more people aren't using this character.

I get he's not as versatile to a team as SSJ Goku, but his moveset is like twice as dynamic. And his 5M has mad range lol.
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,270
    I'm yet to see cheap stuff with him. His normals don't have the longest range and I don't see crazy knockdowns setups like Cell, 16, 18, etc. Even his teleport is worse than Goku's black.

So right now I'm not sure where he stands...he has 3 lows so that's good for punishing deflect mash and his assist garantees a hard knockdown and that can be useful for some characters.
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,131
    otori wrote: »
    I'm yet to see cheap stuff with him. His normals don't have the longest range and I don't see crazy knockdowns setups like Cell, 16, 18, etc. Even his teleport is worse than Goku's black.

So right now I'm not sure where he stands...he has 3 lows so that's good for punishing deflect mash and his assist garantees a hard knockdown and that can be useful for some characters.

Considering he doesn't have a slide I'd say his normals are fine. 5M is deceptively far, 2M is just SSJ Goku's 2M which is also good. Going just by toolset/neutral options only thing missing for me is a Beam (I guess a DP as well but those are quite rare). Regarding setups, it's only been 2 weeks, but he has EX shoulder crossup, a command grab, his teleport isn't really comparable to Goku Black I see it more as a meterless Vanish, in which case can use assists to turn that move into a mixup/frame trap.
    SSB Goku is a combo machine. His normals aren't up to pars with his golden self, but his specials can always lead up to something else.
    I really like his QCF special. Especially his Ex version, I like finishing opponents with this. His command grab is slow, but it teleports forward just before activation depending on what you press.