Wiring analog stick to brooks ufb

killkong1211killkong1211 Joined: Posts: 113
So I'm trying to throw a lil somethin' somethin' together for the GF for v-day.
Has anyone wired an analog stick to a brooks ufb before?
I'm having trouble getting it to read inputs having th pins go up/ground/down and left/ground/right

Comments

• FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,621
    edited February 12
    What analog stick are you trying to wire up?
    Where are you trying to wire it on the UFB?
    Keep in mind that analog sticks don't wire the same way as digital d-pad inputs.

Standard joystick/d-pad connections are:
    U/D/L/R/Gnd

Analog joystick connections are
    LSx/LSy/Gnd/Vcc for the Left analog stick
    RSx/RSy/Gnd/Vcc for the Right analog stick
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • killkong1211killkong1211 Joined: Posts: 113
    Just a single xbox style analog. Was trying to wire it to the up down left right ground.

How would I need to wire it?
    No, analogs don't wire that way.
    Analogs are essentially two potentiometers: one side is Ground, the other side is Vcc, and the middle contact is the "wiper". Depending on how much of resistance is registered between GND-Wiper and Wiper-Vcc, the analog stick is registered to be held at whatever angle it's seen at.

As far as I know the UFB doesn't support true analog.
    You can use the LS/DP/RS switch to simulate outputting to the LS or RS, but I don't think you can get true analog motions with it.
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    So using the ls/dp/rs can I wire in the analog some how to get the udlr motions or no?

I got it to consistent 3 directions with the 2 center pins grounding the 4 directions wired and one end of one pot hooked to vcc
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,058
    So using the ls/dp/rs can I wire in the analog some how to get the udlr motions or no?

I got it to consistent 3 directions with the 2 center pins grounding the 4 directions wired and one end of one pot hooked to vcc
    NO. It does not work that way.

What are you trying to accomplish?
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Yeah, take a picture of your wiring, because based on your description, it doesn't sound like you're approaching this the right way.

Looking for:
    Darksakul wrote: »

NO. It does not work that way.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Yeah I realised what he meant like 5 minutes later haha.

I just want to wire it up so it'll work for movement. If it won't I'm working on a dpad as plan b haha