Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

RIP IN PIECES PO PIMPUS 2006-2017, THEN 2017-2018

2456

Comments

  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    locoghoul wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    He's fine when he's not talking anything competitive. He was fine in DBZ thread, but him in the Smash thread was awful and I've heard tell the Competitive Pokemon thread was where he was at his worst.

    THIS. I have no issues with that skinny nigga when it comes to nba, dbz or even politics. Pokemon thread though, he is the reason our small community disappeared and now people talk about the card game instead. I heard similar things on the Smash thread where he apparently loses to Mood and Tyrone for free. And ofc we all know about his "love" for Capcom games.

    I wouldn't say he is worse than assfinity, but I can see how it would be harder for other users to ignore him over other trolls (assfinity) or idiots (Razor).

    RIP PO PIMPUS

    It's telling when he can be more fascist in a pokemon thread than a politics thread. Alas, he knows what he is doing. Like anyone here, We make our choices and know the wrong ones will have actions against it. Oh well...
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,100
    edited February 13
    Monster Hunter World is amazing. Praise Capcom. Fuck Po.

    We need some music to go with this.

    Also Fuck Po, Praise Capcom.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,100
    edited February 13
    javert wrote: »
    Ehh his last post was quite reasonable and articulated. Other than calling some people shills, which was true, he just joined the dead horse beating. He even complimented MvCi's gameplay.

    There's an overly sensitive mod around, the same who restablished Marvelous as agree.

    No its called, Hey don't do that or we will ban you. Its the same kind of logic we try to teach two year olds.
    And Po did that thing, So Po got punished again. Only this time it could be for good.

    It does not matter how articulated Po was, or that he managed to muster the brain cells for; as Po should of used the same braincells to know what he was doing was a bad idea.
    It was the exact same shit be got warned before and he got banned before, and he was told never to do it again.

    People who go about kicking Hornets Nests get what they deserve.
    As such the way in Soviet Republicks Kountry, learn to live within the rules or learn to live with a Ban.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 3,081
    I'm astonished that it took 11 years for the first one to happen, and then he didn't seem to get the hint.

    He's entitled to his opinions, but discretion is the better part of valor.
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias AEUG Mass Production Heavy Attack Use Mobile Suit Joined: Posts: 3,362
    Preppy: Please make it a permanent ban in po's case. The man is simply unreachable and no amount of reasoning, sympathetic communication, or... well, fucking anything at all whatsoever gets through to this stupid ass. I tried for years, literally years, and he just kept getting worse and worse.
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    He really has autism

    This really isn't a useful diagnosis. I know plenty of autistic people who are actually quite well behaved and have a lot to contribute to a discussion... they just have odd quirks.

    po isn't autistic as far as I can tell. His problem is that he has this incredibly deep desire to be Right about things. He's passionate about all sorts of topics, and often feels like he's the only 'sane man' in any given gathering. That he's somehow the defender of fun and justice and right and goodness in gaming, and everyone else is out to ban fun forever and play bad games forever. If I sound like I'm reducing this to very childlike terms, that's because po's level of thinking over the years has declined into... well, childish outbursts!

    I do suspect some kind of mental illness is involved, though I couldn't guess as to whether the cause is physical (that is, literally some physical problem in his head is affecting his brain function... which turned out to be my problem a few years ago and I normalized as soon as a surgeon cut the problem out of my head) or situational/social.

    It's a shame. When I first met him, he had strong opinions but good intentions and could usually back up his points. Back then, he had value as someone who could challenge popular opinions and make sure they were justified, or correct outright misinformed opinions. Unfortunately, he got worse over time. Much worse.

    Since none of us have been able to get through to him and he refuses to get help for his issues, I have no problem saying "good riddance" and hope po remains banned permanently. He really has little to contribute, and irritates so many people so often that... well, he's not a troll but he has the same damaging effects as one. The SRK Smash 4 crowd steadily died off mostly because we were fucking tired of dealing with his stupidity.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,100
    edited February 13
    Opinions are if you say it once or twice, maybe again when the topic pops up and it's relivant.
    Not when it becomes almost every single post to the point it becomes your personal agenda.
    Not to the point when it disrupts everything else.
    And specially not when you "express your one (and only) view point" in the one place you know it would cause issues.

    Expressing your self is saying "look a bomb"
    It stop being an expression and becomes disruptive when you say "look a bomb" at an Airport

    Po been known to shout "Bomb in a airport" one time too many.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Factual Joined: Posts: 9,914
    Preppy: Please make it a permanent ban in po's case. The man is simply unreachable and no amount of reasoning, sympathetic communication, or... well, fucking anything at all whatsoever gets through to this stupid ass. I tried for years, literally years, and he just kept getting worse and worse.
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    He really has autism

    This really isn't a useful diagnosis. I know plenty of autistic people who are actually quite well behaved and have a lot to contribute to a discussion... they just have odd quirks.

    po isn't autistic as far as I can tell. His problem is that he has this incredibly deep desire to be Right about things. He's passionate about all sorts of topics, and often feels like he's the only 'sane man' in any given gathering. That he's somehow the defender of fun and justice and right and goodness in gaming, and everyone else is out to ban fun forever and play bad games forever. If I sound like I'm reducing this to very childlike terms, that's because po's level of thinking over the years has declined into... well, childish outbursts!

    I do suspect some kind of mental illness is involved, though I couldn't guess as to whether the cause is physical (that is, literally some physical problem in his head is affecting his brain function... which turned out to be my problem a few years ago and I normalized as soon as a surgeon cut the problem out of my head) or situational/social.

    Ok, RRD, gonna need you to dial it back a notch. Don't think Jack here was saying that literally, 'autism' is just the new 'retarded' since 'retarded' became a no-no word.

    And he's not mentally anything. Dude's just a jerk. It happens.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias AEUG Mass Production Heavy Attack Use Mobile Suit Joined: Posts: 3,362
    CG: Probably wasn't saying it literally, but it's worth correcting anyway.
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Po been known to shout "Bomb in a airport" one time too many.



  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,100
    CG: Probably wasn't saying it literally, but it's worth correcting anyway.
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Po been known to shout "Bomb in a airport" one time too many.

    https://youtu.be/NG1qKzIsisU?t=17s
    It was meant to be figurative not literal.
    But you got the idea.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias AEUG Mass Production Heavy Attack Use Mobile Suit Joined: Posts: 3,362
    Yeah. Still, I felt it was worth pointing out other real possibilities. I'll let the topic go at that.

    Got to get ready for class momentarily, so my final word on it is basically "I'm glad po is gone and I hope he stays gone. He has nothing useful to offer this community."
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Guys that hit I talked about finally worked.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 3,081
    edited February 13
    Preppy: Please make it a permanent ban in po's case. The man is simply unreachable and no amount of reasoning, sympathetic communication, or... well, fucking anything at all whatsoever gets through to this stupid ass. I tried for years, literally years, and he just kept getting worse and worse.
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    He really has autism

    This really isn't a useful diagnosis. I know plenty of autistic people who are actually quite well behaved and have a lot to contribute to a discussion... they just have odd quirks.

    po isn't autistic as far as I can tell. His problem is that he has this incredibly deep desire to be Right about things. He's passionate about all sorts of topics, and often feels like he's the only 'sane man' in any given gathering. That he's somehow the defender of fun and justice and right and goodness in gaming, and everyone else is out to ban fun forever and play bad games forever. If I sound like I'm reducing this to very childlike terms, that's because po's level of thinking over the years has declined into... well, childish outbursts!

    I do suspect some kind of mental illness is involved, though I couldn't guess as to whether the cause is physical (that is, literally some physical problem in his head is affecting his brain function... which turned out to be my problem a few years ago and I normalized as soon as a surgeon cut the problem out of my head) or situational/social.

    It's a shame. When I first met him, he had strong opinions but good intentions and could usually back up his points. Back then, he had value as someone who could challenge popular opinions and make sure they were justified, or correct outright misinformed opinions. Unfortunately, he got worse over time. Much worse.

    Since none of us have been able to get through to him and he refuses to get help for his issues, I have no problem saying "good riddance" and hope po remains banned permanently. He really has little to contribute, and irritates so many people so often that... well, he's not a troll but he has the same damaging effects as one. The SRK Smash 4 crowd steadily died off mostly because we were fucking tired of dealing with his stupidity.

    From what I'm told, when he goes to events and other guys on SRK run into him, he is described as a quiet and reserved fellow.

    I'm pretty calm and articulate here but when I'm at a tournament I am goddamn Mojo Rawley. I won't attack people unless they throw the first punch but I am 100% hype as all get-out because I go to these things as a vacation and I am pumped that I can be around people who I can press buttons with. But the thing is, I have reason to be that energetic and loud because it's a competitive environment and as a competitor I'm going to be in a different state of mind than I would be sitting in front of my computer just typing on a forum or a Discord...so why is Po the other way around?
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Factual Joined: Posts: 9,914
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    I'm pretty calm and articulate here but when I'm at a tournament I am goddamn Mojo Rawley. I won't attack people unless they throw the first punch but I am 100% hype as all get-out because I go to these things as a vacation and I am pumped that I can be around people who I can press buttons with. But the thing is, I have reason to be that energetic and loud because it's a competitive environment and as a competitor I'm going to be in a different state of mind than I would be sitting in front of my computer just typing on a forum or a Discord...so why is Po the other way around?

    Because you aren't expressing your opinion at tournaments. You're expressing the right to deliver busass.

    Po wants to be the white knight, the one dude who saw it coming, the lone holdout. He gets to be exactly that against a "faceless mob" when talking online, at least in his mind.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,100
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    Preppy: Please make it a permanent ban in po's case. The man is simply unreachable and no amount of reasoning, sympathetic communication, or... well, fucking anything at all whatsoever gets through to this stupid ass. I tried for years, literally years, and he just kept getting worse and worse.
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    He really has autism

    This really isn't a useful diagnosis. I know plenty of autistic people who are actually quite well behaved and have a lot to contribute to a discussion... they just have odd quirks.

    po isn't autistic as far as I can tell. His problem is that he has this incredibly deep desire to be Right about things. He's passionate about all sorts of topics, and often feels like he's the only 'sane man' in any given gathering. That he's somehow the defender of fun and justice and right and goodness in gaming, and everyone else is out to ban fun forever and play bad games forever. If I sound like I'm reducing this to very childlike terms, that's because po's level of thinking over the years has declined into... well, childish outbursts!

    I do suspect some kind of mental illness is involved, though I couldn't guess as to whether the cause is physical (that is, literally some physical problem in his head is affecting his brain function... which turned out to be my problem a few years ago and I normalized as soon as a surgeon cut the problem out of my head) or situational/social.

    It's a shame. When I first met him, he had strong opinions but good intentions and could usually back up his points. Back then, he had value as someone who could challenge popular opinions and make sure they were justified, or correct outright misinformed opinions. Unfortunately, he got worse over time. Much worse.

    Since none of us have been able to get through to him and he refuses to get help for his issues, I have no problem saying "good riddance" and hope po remains banned permanently. He really has little to contribute, and irritates so many people so often that... well, he's not a troll but he has the same damaging effects as one. The SRK Smash 4 crowd steadily died off mostly because we were fucking tired of dealing with his stupidity.

    From what I'm told, when he goes to events and other guys on SRK run into him, he is described as a quiet and reserved fellow.

    I'm pretty calm and articulate here but when I'm at a tournament I am goddamn Mojo Rawley. I won't attack people unless they throw the first punch but I am 100% hype as all get-out because I go to these things as a vacation and I am pumped that I can be around people who I can press buttons with. But the thing is, I have reason to be that energetic and loud because it's a competitive environment and as a competitor I'm going to be in a different state of mind than I would be sitting in front of my computer just typing on a forum or a Discord...so why is Po the other way around?

    Where is that one dude that say he knows Po in real life? I think he give a clearer picture how Po really is.

    Because I imagine Po being quiet in person during tourneys as he does not want to reap what he sows.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Factual Joined: Posts: 9,914
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    Preppy: Please make it a permanent ban in po's case. The man is simply unreachable and no amount of reasoning, sympathetic communication, or... well, fucking anything at all whatsoever gets through to this stupid ass. I tried for years, literally years, and he just kept getting worse and worse.
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    He really has autism

    This really isn't a useful diagnosis. I know plenty of autistic people who are actually quite well behaved and have a lot to contribute to a discussion... they just have odd quirks.

    po isn't autistic as far as I can tell. His problem is that he has this incredibly deep desire to be Right about things. He's passionate about all sorts of topics, and often feels like he's the only 'sane man' in any given gathering. That he's somehow the defender of fun and justice and right and goodness in gaming, and everyone else is out to ban fun forever and play bad games forever. If I sound like I'm reducing this to very childlike terms, that's because po's level of thinking over the years has declined into... well, childish outbursts!

    I do suspect some kind of mental illness is involved, though I couldn't guess as to whether the cause is physical (that is, literally some physical problem in his head is affecting his brain function... which turned out to be my problem a few years ago and I normalized as soon as a surgeon cut the problem out of my head) or situational/social.

    It's a shame. When I first met him, he had strong opinions but good intentions and could usually back up his points. Back then, he had value as someone who could challenge popular opinions and make sure they were justified, or correct outright misinformed opinions. Unfortunately, he got worse over time. Much worse.

    Since none of us have been able to get through to him and he refuses to get help for his issues, I have no problem saying "good riddance" and hope po remains banned permanently. He really has little to contribute, and irritates so many people so often that... well, he's not a troll but he has the same damaging effects as one. The SRK Smash 4 crowd steadily died off mostly because we were fucking tired of dealing with his stupidity.

    From what I'm told, when he goes to events and other guys on SRK run into him, he is described as a quiet and reserved fellow.

    I'm pretty calm and articulate here but when I'm at a tournament I am goddamn Mojo Rawley. I won't attack people unless they throw the first punch but I am 100% hype as all get-out because I go to these things as a vacation and I am pumped that I can be around people who I can press buttons with. But the thing is, I have reason to be that energetic and loud because it's a competitive environment and as a competitor I'm going to be in a different state of mind than I would be sitting in front of my computer just typing on a forum or a Discord...so why is Po the other way around?

    Where is that one dude that say he knows Po in real life? I think he give a clearer picture how Po really is.

    Because I imagine Po being quiet in person during tourneys as he does not want to reap what he sows.

    You're looking for @Rayne_ , they friends IRL.

    It's not just tourneys though. It's the ENTIRE time. Dude'll be quiet while eating his Dennys or racking up Ws/Ls in casuals in the hotel room.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,536
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    Preppy: Please make it a permanent ban in po's case. The man is simply unreachable and no amount of reasoning, sympathetic communication, or... well, fucking anything at all whatsoever gets through to this stupid ass. I tried for years, literally years, and he just kept getting worse and worse.
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    He really has autism

    This really isn't a useful diagnosis. I know plenty of autistic people who are actually quite well behaved and have a lot to contribute to a discussion... they just have odd quirks.

    po isn't autistic as far as I can tell. His problem is that he has this incredibly deep desire to be Right about things. He's passionate about all sorts of topics, and often feels like he's the only 'sane man' in any given gathering. That he's somehow the defender of fun and justice and right and goodness in gaming, and everyone else is out to ban fun forever and play bad games forever. If I sound like I'm reducing this to very childlike terms, that's because po's level of thinking over the years has declined into... well, childish outbursts!

    I do suspect some kind of mental illness is involved, though I couldn't guess as to whether the cause is physical (that is, literally some physical problem in his head is affecting his brain function... which turned out to be my problem a few years ago and I normalized as soon as a surgeon cut the problem out of my head) or situational/social.

    It's a shame. When I first met him, he had strong opinions but good intentions and could usually back up his points. Back then, he had value as someone who could challenge popular opinions and make sure they were justified, or correct outright misinformed opinions. Unfortunately, he got worse over time. Much worse.

    Since none of us have been able to get through to him and he refuses to get help for his issues, I have no problem saying "good riddance" and hope po remains banned permanently. He really has little to contribute, and irritates so many people so often that... well, he's not a troll but he has the same damaging effects as one. The SRK Smash 4 crowd steadily died off mostly because we were fucking tired of dealing with his stupidity.

    From what I'm told, when he goes to events and other guys on SRK run into him, he is described as a quiet and reserved fellow.

    I'm pretty calm and articulate here but when I'm at a tournament I am goddamn Mojo Rawley. I won't attack people unless they throw the first punch but I am 100% hype as all get-out because I go to these things as a vacation and I am pumped that I can be around people who I can press buttons with. But the thing is, I have reason to be that energetic and loud because it's a competitive environment and as a competitor I'm going to be in a different state of mind than I would be sitting in front of my computer just typing on a forum or a Discord...so why is Po the other way around?

    Where is that one dude that say he knows Po in real life? I think he give a clearer picture how Po really is.

    Because I imagine Po being quiet in person during tourneys as he does not want to reap what he sows.

    I think LW met him and said he was a good dude.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Goddamn you people are drunk off the Capcom-flavored Kool-aid (tastes like shit, I imagine)...
    RIP po 2018
  • DANZANDANZAN Allow you to LIVE. Joined: Posts: 6,751
    Po > You

  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I want the throne! Joined: Posts: 27,374
    javert wrote: »
    Ehh his last post was quite reasonable and articulated. Other than calling some people shills, which was true, he just joined the dead horse beating. He even complimented MvCi's gameplay.

    There's an overly sensitive mod around, the same who restablished Marvelous as agree.

    Having a point doesn't excuse his behavior. He was warned and banned from there once before. There's nothing reasonable about wanting to kick a player base while their down.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 7,165
    Preppy: Please make it a permanent ban in po's case. The man is simply unreachable and no amount of reasoning, sympathetic communication, or... well, fucking anything at all whatsoever gets through to this stupid ass. I tried for years, literally years, and he just kept getting worse and worse.
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    He really has autism

    This really isn't a useful diagnosis. I know plenty of autistic people who are actually quite well behaved and have a lot to contribute to a discussion... they just have odd quirks.

    po isn't autistic as far as I can tell. His problem is that he has this incredibly deep desire to be Right about things. He's passionate about all sorts of topics, and often feels like he's the only 'sane man' in any given gathering. That he's somehow the defender of fun and justice and right and goodness in gaming, and everyone else is out to ban fun forever and play bad games forever. If I sound like I'm reducing this to very childlike terms, that's because po's level of thinking over the years has declined into... well, childish outbursts!

    I do suspect some kind of mental illness is involved, though I couldn't guess as to whether the cause is physical (that is, literally some physical problem in his head is affecting his brain function... which turned out to be my problem a few years ago and I normalized as soon as a surgeon cut the problem out of my head) or situational/social.

    Ok, RRD, gonna need you to dial it back a notch. Don't think Jack here was saying that literally, 'autism' is just the new 'retarded' since 'retarded' became a no-no word.

    And he's not mentally anything. Dude's just a jerk. It happens.

    he really has autism
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,571
    edited February 13
    You are all pussies. This thread is all wack. Get the sand outta your chochas and walk it off.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
  • mowrmowr VROOM! Joined: Posts: 7,018
    Po a part of SRK though
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=nZbQctu85BY

    PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,104
    What in the fuck is going on up in here on this day
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    chadouken! wrote: »
    I'm surprised I haven't gotten banned for liking The Last Jedi.

    That's not a reason. You going more than once to the theaters for that piece of shit however, is.

    #freePo
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,612
    Gotta put up a #freePo here as well, guy speaks the truth and is chill in GD when not in a thread where people keep baiting him.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

    "I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file