The Super Sentai/Power Rangers Thread

Comments

• RyusukeRyusuke SRK's Official Nigga Inspector Joined: Posts: 920
    Just found out Dylan's sister from RPM is gonna be in that new movie The Purge. Can't believe she's only 22!

What sucks is that they're not doing anything with the titanium ranger. How are you gonna leave out the one and only sixth ranger you created?
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,843
    Ryusuke wrote: »
    Just found out Dylan's sister from RPM is gonna be in that new movie The Purge. Can't believe she's only 22!

What sucks is that they're not doing anything with the titanium ranger. How are you gonna leave out the one and only sixth ranger you created?

You mean Adelaide Kane (sp?)? Neat.

And probably because of expense.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • RyusukeRyusuke SRK's Official Nigga Inspector Joined: Posts: 920
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Ryusuke wrote: »

You mean Adelaide Kane (sp?)? Neat.

And probably because of expense.

Yep. That's her. I know they don't have the money, but come on! He's like your creation! I don't know how you can mistreat something you......never mind.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2013
    saban has been the cheapest fucker in tv history. ex.peacceee conferenceee

quantum red is my #1 no foks giving ranger. plus i love the actors stunt stuff outside of power rangers..legit badass kicks.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    maxx wrote: »
    saban has been the cheapest fucker in tv history. ex.peacceee conferenceee

quantum red is my #1 no foks giving ranger. plus i love the actors stunt stuff outside of power rangers..legit badass kicks.

Of course he gives zero fucks. This is the man that will become Vergil.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,750
    Quantum ranger was awesome
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078 mod
    Rick Medina Jr's presence makes any season automatically low tier.
    And regarding JF. I actually found the characters quite likeably. We had somewhat simple conflicts between them but understandable ones. Of course there would be bad blood between blue and red since one is the -want-to-be star student and the other is just a new little shit. Dom was a nice addition (I preferred him over GekiChopper who seemed to be pure COmedy relief) and the duality of RJ was interesting although the werewolf saga could've dragged on for a bit longer. The conflict which eventually led to the changing of teams towards the end was nice, hinted at but not overly pushed. I also preferred the Pai Zhua masters being humans and not silly animal costumes. There seems to be a fascination with that in Japan and whenever we can avoid it, I'm happy. I still really enjoyed Jungle Fury, moreso than I enjoyed Gekiranger.
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
  • VolcanicAkuma55VolcanicAkuma55 Joined: Posts: 1,991
    edited May 2013
    tommy as evil green ranger = BEST. RANGER. EVER. got rid of zordon, destroyed the command center, the megazords, grew to megazord size, and handed the rangers their collective ass to them on a silver platter for 4 3/4 episodes only to get beaten by a bullshit move from Jason that he NEVER used again. then again, tommy never threw another hadouken after his debut
    SF main: Akuma
    not wannabe, GUNNA BE pro. just need more practice.
    FIX AKUMA AND GOUKEN'S MUSIC IN USF4. WE DONT NEED 3 VERSIONS OF RYU'S THEME
    O SHIT I JUST REMEMBERED. THEY GOTTA DO SOMETHING WITH THE DRAGONZORD. IT WAS NEVER DESTROYED. ITS STILL IN ANGEL GROVE HARBOR
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,586
    Man some of the monster in this shit are hilarious. Just watched an episode where the Rangers fight a giant chicken monster who uses a set of scissors as a weapon. WTF man lol. This has been fun to watch now that I'm older. It's been really funny noticing what parts are ripped from the Japanese show and which parts where new filming. Everything involving Rita speaking english is laughs.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    Also Q-Rex over Dragonzord all day. get at me.

Can yout ell I'm loved at Rangerboards?
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    Also Q-Rex over Dragonzord all day. get at me.

Yeah...you're on your own there. I'd get the flame shields ready.
  • KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,059
    I tried watching the 1st season again...it's just too corny now, lmao. I immediately skipped to the Green Ranger saga, which was still alot of fun, but hilarious as well. I think I stopped watching this show after Lost Galaxy ended. When does that Tommy cameo episode air?
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,446
    edited June 2013
    I'm right now scanning issue 5 of the MMPR comic. Still better than Ken Siu-Chong's writing, but...wow. This is like mid-90s X-men incoherent.

Wild Force had some decent story arcs going for it, but the directing was ATROCIOUS. There is no way the actors were all that bad, especially looking at some of their behind-the-scenes stuff. They had to have been told to talk that way.
    The corny-ness of the first seasons has been a lot of what I've enjoyed about it.
    Happy 20 Year Anniversary of PR.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    tommy as evil green ranger = BEST. RANGER. EVER. got rid of zordon, destroyed the command center, the megazords, grew to megazord size, and handed the rangers their collective ass to them on a silver platter for 4 3/4 episodes only to get beaten by a bullshit move from Jason that he NEVER used again. then again, tommy never threw another hadouken after his debut

always lock your zord.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    lol they rly need to do something with the dragonzord, since its still intact in angel grove harbor
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,674
    edited January 2014
    Super Megaforce premiering Feb 15th!

There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
    TOMMY FOR THE WIN
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,446
    Any of you guys ever order from Aniki. I've been going pretty heavy on cardio the past few months, finally slimming down in the midsection and getting some toning. I figure if I keep it up, I can fit into a legit Psycho Blue outfit and look semi-convincing.

I wonder if you can play sets in those helmets.
    edited January 2014
    im eager to see if they keep the same transform sequence/intro from the sentai.

I gotta see the green ranger do this

GokaigerRollCall.gif
    CRYING
    tommy's gunna do that and more
    CRYING
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460
    First episode of Super Megaforce is online at Nick.com. Its not too bad. Non-stop action and lots of transformations into previous rangers. Curious on the past rangers cameos.
    Yeah I just watched it, its really hard watching after seeing the sentai lol...but its ok for Power Rangers
    CRYING
    Kyoryugers best sentai series i have watched. Light hearted, but action packed
    dab00g wrote: »
    Kyoryugers best sentai series i have watched. Light hearted, but action packed

you didnt watch Gokaiger?
    CRYING
    I did watch gokaiger, it was fun and cool. But it ran on nostalgia. Koryuger had a better story and a better team. Gokaiger was cool.

The kamen rider gaim got really dark really fast. What started as a show with kamen rider fruit ninjas and dancing and monster rancher elements. Became a show about abduction and murder.
  • akumatruniggaakumatrunigga Joined: Posts: 3,312
    Ah hell no.

Dammit Japan

ku-xlarge.jpg
    Xanatos: You know the answer to that Owen. Pay a man enough, and he'll walk barefoot into hell.
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    Train Sentai is very....odd so far.

Finished the Sentai Maskman series, was pretty awesome actually. No clue what to watch next as none of the first episodes have really nabbed me and my usual place lacks some of the older material predating Maskman that I want to check out.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    Maskman is dope. Turbo Ranger is also cool.

Kamen Rider Gaim is the best Toku Series i have watched. Honestly it keeps me invested in the hero.
    Need to find a convenient streaming area for Kamen Rider, love that series.
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    Stream.jefusion.com.....

But hey just hit them up for the most recent episodes
    Nice, thanks for the link. See if they have differing material from Over-Drive.
    Hide yo TV shows, hide yo comics, and hide yo cartoons, cuz Michael Bay rapin everybody out here.