Morrigan is a broken BATCH thread.

MixupMixup ..Joined: Posts: 2,300
so this bitch is really high mid tier imo and i think she has some of the more ridiculous high-low options in the entire game.

check out her airdash arcs,

by airdashing df you can get instant high low with jump airdash lp,c.lk,

you also get jump airdash df early fp, this will whiff entirely and you can go into low or throw+tron for 35% life, you also have the option to instant overhead here, but i'll cover that shit in a minute.

you can also delay your attack until she hits almost the middle of the arc, this will let u vary from 3-5 overheads while still being able to cancel into her killer beebutt move for more random overhead action.

another stupid perk of her rushdown... sometimes if you don't judge it just right, you'll start attacking a little too late or a little too soon in her airdash arc and even you the morrigan player won't be able to tell how many overheads are possible or how many hits from the beebutt attack will connect.

random cheap shit when ur bread and butter combos do around 75% life and leave her in a position to re-rush down.....

oh yeah, this thread is pretty much going to center on morrigan/tron, cammy is also on my team as initial point character. I think mag/tron and morrigan tron have more than a little in common and nobody on fuckin earth can argue with kick,kick+helper, kick super or punch super for most of somones bar.....

morrigan can sj cancel her sweep, so i use it like magnus/tron

sweep the opponents helper+tron sj cancel can be pretty good, if you have extra time you can airdash downfoward after the trip and otg the helper with lp, then do whatever is safe based on ur opponents positioning,

a funny trick on the opponents assist is to sweep+tron sj cancel airdash lp, then lp,fp as they get bashed by the rings and as the opponent comes in for an air to ground counter, cancel into her uppercut for too much priority. she can do dhc's from here to kill helpers pretty easily.

by delaying your attacks you are also setting up crucial counter hits, i'll use her upforward airdash as an example

vs somone running away from you, sj before they do, then airdash upforward, delay until u see their sprite sj at u from underneath then counter them with lp,

you can combo that counter hit into mp, uppercut or just a quick fk for knockdown.

basically her uf airdash will position her in a good spot to knock foos back down so you can hi-lo them to death.

also if somone is just turtling up when they sj up to meet u air to air, airdash and tap fp in close for instant throw as long as u space it right.

her air fireball is a really good tool when you kill a character in the corner, as opponent is coming in, sj fireball then airdash behind it with air to air normals, then chain into tron when you both land at the same time, rush that shit down with random overheads or random instant overheads. jump airdash df fp whiffs are nasty as hell right here, after u do that, instant overhead is freeeeee

and now about that set-up

have the opponent crouch, then dash in close with morrigan and jump lp, this will hit on the way up ALL DAY, it's beyond fast when you combine it with morrigans regular airdash high low game+tron blockstun

you cancel the hit on the way up with d.fkXXfireball or beebutt move

morrigan is a bum so she needs a helper to get beefy combos, tron is the best for this crap

neither of those moves will fully animate, for some reason the height and momentum just cancel it out, and shes is back on two feet again ready to hi-lo like a crazybitch

another good rush string, any time morrigan does jump airdash df fp, so it whiffs, she has the option to call tron and fp throw for pretty considerable chunks of de life..

sometimes you wont be in range for the overhead jump lp, so extra dashing in is necessary. the combo opportunities become more limited here but because you're still whoring trons stun, even connecting halfway through her assist will leave you with good hitstun, basically free damage, and the option to re-rush if your opoonent stands still afterwards, not likely but one of the options.

another option is regular jump forward magic series starting with lp, mad people will try to hit her as she starts her airdashing so this will actually come into play if you want to counter the opponents chances to limit your rush, call your tron and knock them into her when they get hit by the first lp, just do lp,mp+tron,fp, then cross their shit up some more

one more option here is the airthrow from her airdash, nothing special but useful to have.

a big problem most players will have is that people will try to jump above you and you'll be able to counter hit with lp,mp only

when people go air to air with her, i try to use those two light counter hits to set-up a positioning mind game,

vs sent flying low if you land lp,mp and it juggles him, you can square jump+tron with her in a very similar way to magneto, only she will cut in at slightly different angles and still be able to cross-up

she can airdash forward thru sentinel+tron into delayed lights, or she can switch side with that airdash and use fk for a fast cross-up. She has quite a few options for crazy angles when you wait to airdash until u are directly above the apex of somones hitboxes. An easy way to highlight this is just sj above sentinel and fall directly on his head, hold either direction so you'll float one way or another, then wait until you're sure of which way you're going and try each of the airdashes, up forward will give you a mid-sj height counter hit options when people try to sj up too. Airdash downforward can be used to early attack or you can delay your attacks for the switch side. The bitch is crazy, i think that should be a good start.

so yeah, morrigan is fucked up, post up people if you want to talk some strategies or tactics

You people hating on low tier marvel are retards, How can other people say that the weaker characters completely suck?!

The silliest side to that story? most haters play games where characters like q and remy or ryo and yuri are the low/mid-tier options. I understand that somone like morrigan has options that aren't as obvious as magnetos, I also know that it's a pain in the ass that i have to hook her up with good helpers so she functions well. Thats what makes marvel dope though, because with enough tooling around, she's a monster...

but damn man, at the VERY least take note of her fighting style and how crazy she is, then compare that to the adrenaline rush that is triple taunt Q.

Too much excitement.

give marvel a chance batches

i didn't go back and re-read this shit so sorry about grammatical errors ect...whatever, let me know if something is incorrect.
Rip-Craig-Brian-Ian-Mark-Debbie-Michael
~EMS~"I was right in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo, and somebody was giving booze to these goddamn things."

Comments

• MixupMixup .. Joined: Posts: 2,300
    I read that post again and i should add a little more.

anytime she gets a light punch->medium punch in air vs air position and the opponent is counter hit, use it for a rushdown set-up, it's probably the closest thing to magnus sj lk,lk(for pressure) that she has, much harder for her to boshit her way to landing a hit though. I can't stress it enough, whore that shit and experiment with ways to dash in and bait out ur opponents helper. even though my whole team loses to doom assist, if i properly bait out doom, morrigan can kill him pretty easily with airdash attacking+tron and sweeps+tron, ground chain+tronXXfireball.

when you're fighting vs strider/sent/doom and you land any

airchain to ground chain+tron

or high low into ground chain+tron

or low short chain into tron, follow by another airdash attack sequence(this'll combo if you can airdash pretty quickly)

these are good because they're simple and effective, morrigan can tag doom every time he comes out, from each angle of approach that she has available to her.

anytime i get a touch on doom it's about 30-40% approx dmg, you can take all of those quite a bit further but i usually only go for a couple of hits and then re-position to rush down the point character as they try to protect their helper.

the next time that strider calls out his helper vs morrigan, i'll blast him with the punch super and mash like a scrub. strider is a bum and he can't do shit for damage to me for using this retarded suicide technique. if i can pin him in front of me then he's really screwed over by his options. killing doom with 2 set-ups is hilarious. especially when you don't get hurt that bad for using a shitty super.

It's also pretty good to framekill dhc into morrigans super to shoot whatever is active on the screen. example, my tron is getting rushed/chipped down, i run away long enough to build up some bar, then call out cammy to soak up something so i can do lunchrush and instant dhc soul eraser without getting hit by something random.

tron's instant overhead is actually 2 hits, jump straight up lk as early as possible, i was surprised.

any combo with tron into ground drill*mash that shit, then lunch rush quick DHC soul eraser does pretty good life. randumb

her dp and alpha counter are beyond useful when strider is trapping you, quite often you will at LEAST get a trade between whatever button strider is hitting+doom rocks.

her fireball and airdash angles are really good for running away from strider, again you can random dp this guy, keep him on his toes. lp dp has pretty good recovery on the ground.

for some reason that move has a super priority going for it, i can't seem to use the assist properly though...i need some tips on that shit, i've seen wong time it perfectly to win vs many different assists. I need to learn about her aaa.

i hate strider.
    ~EMS~"I was right in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo, and somebody was giving booze to these goddamn things."
    nobody posting in here so i'll keep mashing

at the beginning of the round, her instant overhead is still a good tactic for jumping cross-up.

her beam super is beastly even against storm, she can really keep her honest by just blasting storm when she does any ranged attack and especially hail. that alone will force storm to call out her helper more and morrigan can work with that.

use her kick super to cross-up when u kill a char and as the next character is hopping on the screen. the move has a ridiculously long lasting and wide hitbox, the game can't make up it's mind which side to hit on...

when ur using tron/morrigan and drilling all over the place, cheap characters are going to swing and win with priority as you fly right into their move, if you have 2 bars, cancel right outside of their moves range into her lunchrush and hit their whiff with morrigans instant punch super. tron is dope but morrigan is too good and thats a nice way to get her in.

another tron trick i'm workin on, in corner do her fp throw, then use c.fk+aaa, i like cammy for this set-up but others will work, a small set-up issue-> you have to be a step away from the corner after u throw for this to work well.

ok, when cammy hits them, do trons dp kobun move so they have to fall on the evil servbot and then i go for tigerknee drill variants into throw and then c.fkXXlunchrush or just basic combo. I haven't worked this out perfectly but it's pretty sound as far as option trees go, just a little more work and i'll post up a guaranteed set-up. I was working on that in case i have no bar with tron and i land a corner grab, her average damage output in this scenario is around 65% without supers, add lunchrush damage to that(followed by mashaholic drill) and trons lookin beastly.

I have picked nothing but this team for a minute now, and i'm learning alot more about morrigans ability to get better positioning games going by delaying her airdash. U can really use her movements pretty safely if you let her fall to the right height vs certain counters before you attempt an airdash. Too many scenarios to hit em one by one, but I have been working on it for a while and i'm still finding out new counters to great set-ups, solid shit that she can get around.

her dragon punch super can be useful when somone is trying to pin you with a helper(strider doom again especially), just execute it a little earlier than the opponents attack/assist and you'll at least trade, at best you can set-up some really stupid dhc's for good life.

morrigans corner throw set-ups \/

-after basic corner combo with morrigan, easy overhead mix-ups mean people are gonna try to block out and THAT = free grab into tron,

the ideal throw into tron combo = fp throw+assist, then lk,and either lp or fp dragonpunch, this sets up a mind game for her as they fall to the ground or as they attempt to get out of the corner. if they play it safe and land blocking, it's the same rushdown cheap shit all over again, one more touch after the throw and thats all she needs to kill off a regular defense character.

an alternate combo is after throw, fkXXfireball, this does a shitload of life and leaves them standing in a spot where u can rush and mix again

if u wanna super, use her dragon punch super after lk or fk.

only 1-2 hits from the super but a good set-up to dhc for a kill.

no other character as an airdash arc more similar to storms floating rushdown. i think those angles separate her from alot of other characters that have ghetto rushdown. add that to her quick high low shat....

i'm going to money match people with this shit:sweat:
  • DeusDeus R U FKN SRS? Joined: Posts: 2,205
    you are a godsend to all of these people complaining about tiers in marvel

hopefully a bunch of people bite and start trying this shit out

sorry i don't have anything to add

i can only use mag storm sent =/
    i believe in michael ross

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I am saving it and will try to learn some stuff with her. Thank you so much for your efforts.
  • funkymusicfunkymusic ! Joined: Posts: 261
    good shit mixup. ill roll one up and give some of this morrigan shit a try.
    /ruffle
  • eczangiefeczangief GOD OF 1-HANDED ROM Joined: Posts: 1,877
    yes, BIG ups for you and anybody contributing to the "low"-tiers.
    keep it coming
    I can't believe I'm Magnetro.
    ey mixup, with morrigan if you go air to air with some1 (say u land sj.lp, sj.lp) is there any way you could call tron out before the opponent lands? i guess what im asking is do the funny bee butt moves enable u to call an assist and get an advantage off a basic air2air situation
  • MagnetroMagnetro Joined: Posts: 2,134
    This might sound really stupid and obvious but she has unfly.
  • shoultzulashoultzula whatsyoursismines! Joined: Posts: 4,503
    i hate strider.

lol

you should take out that part about the alpha counters. Only cyclops gets enough angle to actually stop me from limboing underneath that shat.

respect low tiers. Who cares if you don't have an infinite. Any morrigan counter hit into fs tuns into 50\50 options behind tron, soul eraser. That whole sequence is just broken. Its magnus.

marvel isn't about tiers to an extent. Its about creating scenarios that allow any character to do what the best characters can do. If you can do that safely and your character allows for decent option tree, with a little defense you should be able to beat top tiers.

team function + horable shit = top tier squad.
    I don't have it but watch me get it.
    nah, her angle is good fool, you barely ever stop that upper, lol i am going to aplha u and doom next time, then mash out punch super before doom leaves:rofl:
  • DAWOLF57DAWOLF57 Going ape sh!t Joined: Posts: 464
    I havent read your 2nd and 3rd post but I play morrigan quite a bit My main problem is running into AAA while trying to start my mixups, Capcom kills morry very easily especially hes backing up up Sent, those two hurt.

Against Sent I get hit with Random HSF and other shit, his mega armor really helps him beat morry, for example her instant overhead does not interrupt him. One time I was playing, my first character died and a full health morry jumps in right into sent's unblockable and after that my third character jumped in:sad: .

BTW her standing LP and LK startup in 2 frames, usefull for the switch glitch against storm, cable and Sent. Mags has that 1 frame C.LK but you guys already know that.
    j.lp+tron, bee butt move is pretty secksi if you can get it as an opener...it would probably be good other places because no1 can hurt you physically...they have to have a gun or something...morrigan looks open but trons LAST ring is there to protect her...juss a funny tidbit. very funny to see some1 pushblock wrong

edit; i tried mor/sent/tron today and i kinda liked'm...i was juss curious to see what other actual teams people use with morrigan...might try mor/im/tron next...but i think that might be too reliant on her...not sure, can't wait till i fix my mas
    Morrigans beam super does not help that much against storm mainly becuase of typhoons that go right through it. But in comboes its definitly great.

I dont know much about morrys AAA, but from experience it seems that it doesnt have any invincability it just comes out fairly fast.

You got some really good stuff though I hope to see this in action, I dont expect anyone to win any tournaments with Morry/Tron but I dont see anyone winning with Strider/Doom and people still play that.
    Morrigans beam super does not help that much against storm mainly becuase of typhoons that go right through it. But in comboes its definitly great.

I dont know much about morrys AAA, but from experience it seems that it doesnt have any invincability it just comes out fairly fast.

You got some really good stuff though I hope to see this in action, I dont expect anyone to win any tournaments with Morry/Tron but I dont see anyone winning with Strider/Doom and people still play that.

you can still use morrigans super on storm even though the typhoon will trade, you have to be retarded fast on the reaction, but it has it's uses.

remember i said it will keep her honest, by this i mean you can force her to use her tyhpoon before she chips with hail, if she does that and u r close enough, you can try and gain positioning on her. it sounds retarded, but it actually has a place, any damamge on storm is good enough when you are using bums. :[

Edit: maybe i didn't post this earlier, you should only use that option to super when you are fullscreen. if she doesn't give me anything to blast, i just throw a fireball, do one dash then jump and airdash based on their positioning(if they opponent is positioned anywhere from mid-jump height to grounded, your airdash options will get you a blockstring/counter hit. her angles are basically set-up so she can avoid ground to air counters and helpers simultaneously. she's really good at pushblocking things mid-air and then doing a delayed airdash to get a different position on her opponent as well.

i have this one dhc set-up into cammy that i always use, if storm does typhoon hail and morrigan has enough time to make contact with the beginning of her punch superXXcammy KBA works really well as a framekill, it'll fly right through whatever

it's also good to chase sentinel while he tries to unfly too, it's pretty fast.

Max: as far as top tier morrigan teams, i'd say morrigan/ storm or sent/tron is easily the cheapest. cable will annoy anyone with tron+good aaa too. i really like cammy as my 2nd, i'll run that shit vs top tier teams, too many ways to keep getting in vs sent/cable/storms keepaway. check out the cammy and morrigan threads and i basically post up most of what i know with each of them. they too nice homie. we also been having monthly tourneys in tallahassee, you should come to one of them, i'll pay for part of your expenses if you can make it, we'll work it out.

i work with all of the low tier rush bitches and rogue works pretty good as point with morrigan as 2nd. that shit is 1 touch kill too, easy rogue combo w tron, GNSXXkick super with morrigan is beeeeeefy. rogues aaa is pretty crappy, but anytime sentinel is flying back, it'll tag him, and morrigan gets to throw a fireball early for cover and follow-up.

imo, pick your low tiers based on how u feel they handle the crucial match-ups, i pick a bunch of different low tier teams, but for vs top tier i only can really win with a few right now.

charlie/morrigan/tron

morrigan/cammy/tron

gambit/cammy or morrigan/tron

my xvsf team is gambit/charlie/tron, even tho charlie has a bum aaa, gambits ground to air priority is so beastly that it doesn't matter. i just use charlie for sj'ing and triangle jumping opponents, or i'll out prioritize with gambit.

silly assist punishing

gambit: c.fk+tron (backwards kick super)

charlie: c.fk+tronXXpunchsuper

or you can do one of those and then dhc into either character for extra life on the helper. shit is like 85%+

you can do those right in ur opponents face and they gotta defend.

they can still roll but nobody wants to get hit by low tier so they block and their helper loses mad life.

one more EDIT: after tripping a helper with gambit+tron, his fp dp move will reset each time it hits for some retard damage on a helper.

gambit in corner, fp throw, c.lk+tron, s.fk, fp dp move will combo on normal body types. 80+ points of life. you can super and other stuff too.
  • BeaTs*BeaTs* ∞ Consciousness Joined: Posts: 6,518
    yeah i used to play her like a ghetto ass magneto when I was a noob and didn't know much about the game. I was like "wow this airdash is nice (didn't know about mags and storms beings gods and being able to do it too XD) and using high-low side to side mixups/rushdown with shuma gorath's eyeballs assist"

now I like to launch, sj., then dash for a crossup reset. if you just dash forward she goes to the other side....BUT if you do her dash+down it looks pretty much the same like she's going to the opposite side (from the whole screen angle from them being launched) but she lands on the same side. you can mixup a bit with that, then if they are the right size throw her infinite in there (the launch, lk., down+hk, lk beebutt, lp, launch, repeat) and then repeat with that reset, mix it up, and then maybe do her standing infinite and you still have those other options.
    Love and Light Arcana, Awakening comes in Flower Multilayers
    Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Arcana Heart 3 matches and combos: youtube.com/juanniG
    wow morrigan is beastly with tron. Her overhead game really opens up behind her.

launch, air dash up, lp, fp, rh creates flying screen knockdown, w\o the running animation that usually associated w\ it. Morrigans dash is really crappy so cheating FS is the way to make the most of her rush down. You get faster re-rush patterns as well as the oppurtunity for a free sandwhich tron w\o your opponent having a wake up option. I think viscant said that there is no true wake up in marvel so you want to knock them down and play options.

alot of characters benefit by manipulating flying screen. When you cause flying screen, the screen will shift to the spot where the character will land. If you cause flying screen on the same plane as the current screen, you will get fs properites w\o the screen shifting. A prime exampe is spidermans FS with fp. It knocks them straight to the ground on the same screen plane so theres no screen shift but you get FS KD propertiers.

morrigan: throw+tron in the corner, dash, dash, c.fp hits in the back for xup and the throw into tron causes forced OTG roll.
    Good stuff, does that corner crossup work on all the top 4?
    shit is gdlk
  • nothingxsnothingxs EVO Head TO Joined: Posts: 1,688
    This might sound really stupid and obvious but she has unfly.

Wait, Morrigan can FLY?

WTF someone find insanely retarded unfly combos STAT.
  • gouki10gouki10 Sonic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,115
    Why are you here asking Dumb Questions?
    Chunksta408 (5:32:56 AM): If you want to get better in marvel: have confidence, have patience, don't get frustrated if you mess up, and don't let intimidation get to you
    I haven't played Morrigan in awhile but I can say one thing:

Superjumping and throwing lots of Soul Fists is as ridiculously effective as it's ever been. The only things you really have to look for is if the opponent uses B-Commando assist (common) or B-Blackheart (not as common).

And "unfly mode" refers to Morrigan's attack state after her Shell Pierce. Normally she is in normal jump state without the ability to attack, but for unknown reasons when Morrigan fulfills the unfly conditions she is able to attack.
    If anyone still reads this shit...here goes

when u get a pin in corner, this rush string is pretty good

tron+c.lk, jump lp, d.fkXXcancel fireball(depending on how high you are when you cancel into d.fk, you may or may not need to fireball cancel)

then you can follow up with

jump airdash df whiff fp, low lk

jump airdash lp,c.lk for a quick overhead

with alot of the corner variations, you can pretty much make it where the opponent has to guess magnus styles.
    Good stuff.

I'll just add that one good way to keep people in the corner is with the qcb+hk move. If the opponent isn't too high off the ground, it's a good way to drag you both to the ground at the same time and give you a chance to assist again. Great as the last move of a corner otg combo IMO.
    i like that move too, i have a couple of set-up for it

after u kill a char + in corner

sj early fireball, airdash behind it, lpXXdrill land and then go into the options from there.

fireball to make it safe, lpXXdrill for freeeee options

you've been playing morrigan for a while so you'll understand this set-up pretty easy

I use her regular jump airdash df and wait until the middle of the airdash when she "starts" to scoop upwards and then either:

3-4 hit airchain(lp,lk,lp,lk)

or

1-2 hits XX beebutt move(doing this behind tron is pretty dirty, free follow-ups on hit + block)

/\
    that set-ups pretty random, the difference in height(and # of attacks) is so minimal that imo it's almost impossible to judge on reaction.

I am a tron addict

(she sucks I know)

BUT she makes all these set-ups safe+i get to rushdown again while i cover her exit.

randumb

magnetro aka god of technical boshit told me her airdash is 2 frames faster than magnus...it kinda shows when you whiff cancel with her.

what are some good d.fk airdash cancel+assist setups? i got nothin so far
    on cable i think she can inifnite using [s.lp, s.rh sj cancel ad/f sj.lp, sj.rh], s.lp hits a crouched cable and cable is big enough to eat two attacks coming from that angle. i am pretty sure this works on sentinel as well. i couldn't get two attacks on the way down from that angle on storm or magneto when they are crouching but...they are prone to getting crossed over pretty nastily when you sj.cancel airdash off of her s.rh.

imma experiment as much as i can with it on pad until my stick can fix itself xD u find any shid out with this mixup?
    Morrigan/Tron notes.

since this duo is my midgame on my chun team, the following is a bunch of new crap that i made up.

~retard dmg combos using morrigans -super jump cancel- option tree+tron:

tri-jump df fk,dash c.lk+tron,s.fp,s.fk-sjc-airdash foward fp,fk,

you have some pretty stupid options to followup the last fk

~light attack, fp or fk-sjc-ad df whiff fp, c.lk(this is pretty fast)

~lp,mp -sjc- airdash forward or downforward, 1-5 hit overhead string dependant on opponent sprite size and how you delay morrigans airdash

To max your overheads using morrigans df airdash, wait until the point in the dash where she begins to float upwards, cancel your upward momentum with a full magic series, you have the option to fk before you land. If you cancel earlier during the airdash, you can create angles that allow from 1-3 hits perfectly. If you cancel right around the same point she arcs upwards, you can lk,mpXXbeebutt for a 4 hit string. That last one wont combo but once you start breaking somone down with morrigan rushdown behind tron, every variable can add up to somone blocking wrong. train them one way lead them another....

Imo shes retarded to defend against, i think its because her position to mixup is so low to the ground, like storm with a better downforward/forward momentum while she airchains..

Midscreen combo w reset options :

c.lk+tron,s.fk-sjc- airdash to opponents backside, air fk(all three tron rings hit) land and then you have the basic reset scenario again:

lp,mp-sjc- airdash df fp or fk(whiffs), c.lk

-sjc-airdash df lp,c.lk

-sjc-airdash df lp, rejump airdash df lp

-sjc-airdash df lp, rejump airdash df fp(whiffs),c.lk

-sjc-airdash df fk(this has to be done at the proper height for the fk to animate fully, you can also delay your fk up until the upwards arc of her airdash if you want another delay setup(tricky block with assist pin). When you wait until she almost arcs up, you also have the option to lk or lp,fk (her fk is faster than her fp so you can combo it from lower angles, really good move overall)

~~~~~~~~~~~

side note: for the above setup, you can always substitute the beginning lp,mp-sjc- with lp,fp,fk-sjc-

Super jump cancelling from her fierces, this pushes you further away from your opponent+does more dmg. This also gives a different set of -sjc- attack angles from this range. experiment with it a little and you'll see the option tree is a little different from 1 1/2 characters away. At this range it's good to -sjc- airdash upforwards and use her different normals to counter hit or pin the opponent back into an overhead sequence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Easy Combo+Hitconfirmable+113(+) dmg

after any c.lk, press tron before your fp,fkXXdarkness illusion(her kick super)

This leaves your opponent in the same position as magneto's triple fierce(but does more dmg) and morrigan has a retarded wake-up game in this position(as good if not better than magneto's).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Airstall with her qcb+fk or lk

if you regular jump or sj airdash thenXXd.fk kara cancel into her qcb lk or fk, it will freeze her momentum and force her to drop directly down with her qcb kick attack active the whole way down(3 hits typically). Theres a bunch of ways to use this, especially corner and select midscreen setups. not that easy to do yet..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wierd combo(tested vs mag/storm/cable doesnt' work on sent)

c.lk,c.fp+tron sj d.fk(hit with this as early as possible)XXqcb fk(tron juggles) land and walk back one step, juggle them mid-air with s.lp,s.mp and yup, super jump cancel into the rushdown option tree from a different angle (again)
    on cable i think she can inifnite using [s.lp, s.rh sj cancel ad/f sj.lp, sj.rh], s.lp hits a crouched cable and cable is big enough to eat two attacks coming from that angle. i am pretty sure this works on sentinel as well. i couldn't get two attacks on the way down from that angle on storm or magneto when they are crouching but...they are prone to getting crossed over pretty nastily when you sj.cancel airdash off of her s.rh.

imma experiment as much as i can with it on pad until my stick can fix itself xD u find any shid out with this mixup?
    just do cr.lk, s.hk (or s.hp) sjc adforward lk (or lp) etc. etf hk repeat. you infinite just about any crouching character if I remember correctly. haven't done that inf in a while.
    Morrigan/Tron notes.

I'm gonna come back to all this once i learn morrigan...
  • xxphilopiaxxxxphilopiaxx ...winning impaired Joined: Posts: 434
    Good stuff.

I've been messing around with morrigan/tron (inspired by this thread). Found a few stuff, but you probably know about it already.

-c.lp is awesome. It does 2 hits, so it breaks through super armor. Im not sure how fast it is, but it comes out pretty darn fast. The best things about this move is it A) sets up a tick fp throw into tron very nicely and B) if hit, it keeps your opponents assist from coming out or if they do come out, they just pose and they leave. not a lot of a range, but very useful.

-Launch, sj.lp, lk, lp, lk, fk, [screen pulls you in], c.lp...
    ...whiffed c.lp > tick throw into tron rings
    ...hit confirmed c.lp, s.fp + tron > super

-FP throw into tron follow ups...
    ...dash in, fp throw
    ...dash in, command throw
    ...dash in, bait assist, dash back xx soul eraser

-FP throw follow ups...
    ...jump xx B+air dash fk (body crossup), c.lk, s.fp + tron xx super
    ...(as they're getting up) j.lp overhead xx D+Fk

-j.lp xx D+Fk follow ups on crouching opponents...
    ...xx buttdrill (whiff), land, throw into tron > throw follow up
    ...xx buttdrill, land, command throw
    ...xx buttdrill, land, 50/50 mixup with c.lk + tron or j.lp + tron..
    ...xx B+air dash + tron, fk crossup, land > whatever.

note: the buttdrill will whiff and morrigan will land v. quickly.

-Command throw follow ups (if opponent rolls)
    ...jump D+Fk xx butt drill > follow up
    ...walk forward/back wake up mixup c.lk + tron > whatever
    ...If your opponent gets smart and stops rolling after the command grab, do the normal FP throw, throw follow ups.

-launch, sj.lk xx D+fk xx lk buttdrill, land, sj.lk xx D+Fk xx buttdrill (whiff), land, then...
    ...throw into tron, throw follow ups
    ...c.lk + tron, s.fp xx super
    ...j.lp xx D+FK xx buttdrill, land > follow up

...more when I find it.
    ...I'm horrible at SSF4.
    just do cr.lk, s.hk (or s.hp) sjc adforward lk (or lp) etc. etf hk repeat. you infinite just about any crouching character if I remember correctly. haven't done that inf in a while.

Easier said than done. :) This infinite seems to even work midscreen. I used to do maybe one rep of this in combos to show off, and then chain it into a normal combo, but I eventually phased that out of my game... It is WAY too hard.

Maybe I'll try messing with this tonight. At least if you screw it up it still looks tricky and might get you a reset/crossup.
    Easier said than done. :) This infinite seems to even work midscreen. I used to do maybe one rep of this in combos to show off, and then chain it into a normal combo, but I eventually phased that out of my game... It is WAY too hard.

Maybe I'll try messing with this tonight. At least if you screw it up it still looks tricky and might get you a reset/crossup.

imo thats the nastiest way to rushdown/reset after a connected hit with her

pin them by delaying the chain after the SJC, then land+assist= free re-pin

funny combo

after lk+tron,fp,fk, -Sjc- airdash forward fp, fk, then u lk,mp- sjc- whiff fp XX command throw

:pray:

when I was learned it, I could do it pretty consistantly. the only tricky part is timing the dash lp right. I need to pick up morrigan again, I <3'ed her

yeah it works midscreen. it really isn't toooooo hard
    I like qcb K drill for chip during random rushdown strings and you recovery quick. It does a pretty high amount per hit. Kinda suprising. I feel like certain assists could make it more abusable than others.
    Morrigane is awesome but she is for sure like akuma , don't get hit LOL.
    morrigan notes

BB=Beebutt move

In the corner bee butt move is really useful for air to air scenarios after you outprioritize an opponent with jump lpXXfk butt or jump lp,mp,fk butt.

3 hits of falling hitbox with good stun.

when you land as your opponent does you can dash in with tron and setup a couple of near impossible to block patterns.

-jump airdash df delay until she arcs upwards, lp(or lp,mp ect)XXfk bb

depending on your height/momentum and the point in the airdash you cancel into the air chain attacks, you can vary this string to the point of being dumb. The real challenge in blocking this is that during morrigans df delay airdash + tron, she is at the same height as the gustaff(tronbot)+rings. It's really hard to judge her height+how many hits the bb will cancel into. since you can modify both pretty freely with morrigan, it's not ideal for the guy blocking.

for another setup... instead of using airdashing normalsXXBB

Pressure with tron then during your airdash you have the option to your XX into BB so you can

either

get all 3 hits from overhead
    or whiff with it
    hit once

*when you do the 1 hit version, it's pretty damn fast, if you want, you can even pin with tron then do it twice in a row(and follow that with whiff cancel fp->more rushdown...)

Imo one of the hardest setups for somone to block when stuck in tron blockstun; doing one hit on bbutt for hi or lo feint, then following that up with jump airdash df 1-5 hits with all delay/whiff options + the leisure to cancel back into da butt anytime (this is a safe random element once your opponent has been conditioned to deal with basics).

-jump airdash df bbutt/jump airdash forward bbutt/jump airdash uf bbutt

these all give different angles for the pressure. It can get pretty funky if you work with crossing up using beebutt move.

-In corner it's easiest after dead char, sj fp fireball so the opponent coming in has to block/get hit, airdash cancel df or forward lpXXBButt. the key to getting multiple setups from this concept is using her airdash arc to guide the butt attack.If you cancel into BB right before the point where her df airdash begins to arc upwards, you'll get the best results for switching side and crossing up. It's kinda wierd at first to base some crossups off of float arc movements but it works out with practice.

another example of a bbutt crossup is to angle it like you'd do magneto's square jump fp,fk on sentinel. most players know that mag air hitbox can hit on sentinels backside before he's actually switched sides with the robot. the butt works in a pretty similar way sometimes, since the move just keeps moving in the arc u direct it + it has active hitbox for a really long time....it's bound to end up still being an active hitbox in places that the game has trouble judging defensively. I'm not sure if thats a decent explanation, but the move WILL crossup when it's uncommon, work with it and post up the funny shit you see over time....

(corner)
    vs sent as he comes in after dead char.

sj airdash lp(so he doesn't move too far from corner position) XX BButt

sometimes that setup will give you wild crossups(if sent crouches at any point during the 3 hits of butt, morrigan can slide into corner for a crossup randomly)

even when the BeeB setups don't get funky for you and crossup, it's easy pressure and it's safe when you position right. An easy way to follow them up if you're blocked,

if your opponent jumps into the air:
    -jump upforward lp,mpXXFkBB

this puts them back into the exact same lockdown, these relayers aren't really fair vs some fat characters....(poor tron)

if they stay grounded, do a dashing magic series + tron, when they pushblock youXXfireball, then ground dash once-> sj airdash/whiff your way back into position and rtsd.

About punishing helpers with ground chains+tron

anytime somone doesn't cover their helper properly. dash in and bash it with c.lk+tron,s.mp*,s.fp,s.fk

(*sjc here if you want to reposition for maintaining priority vs point char)

the nice part about this setup is that you can Dp somone's square jump/whiff cancel/jump kick as they attempt a counter. the move is safe on block+quick to recover. When they jump into/around the tron rings and block the dp, you're in a neutral position so no loss.

if they get hit by the upper, throw a fireball and jump airdash/dash-regular jump behind it.

For assist punish when you make contact with point+assist, i've been doing dash in tron+lp,fp,fkXXfireball when you're pushblocked.

dhc with morrigan

ground chain with rogue+tronXXgnsXXmorrigan upper super

this setup relies on proper distance from opponent. You chain behind tron to increase the distance before you superXXdhc. you'll know you're doing it right when morrigans upper follow behind the rings for more blockstun. If you cancel super too early/too close it can leave you open :[

her dhc works well with chun/rogue/charlie and a bunch of other chars.

chun+charlie both have instant start up supers, treat soul eraser like a proton cannon when you have a framekill opportunity.

For general dhc purpose, these char can easily use tron XX instant superXXupper with morrigan.

this post is way too long for bum squad
    ^^^ Wow. I had to take a break halfway through. Did you get your PHD in marvel?:wgrin::lovin::clap::clap:
  • DJ-B13DJ-B13 So Much Gravy~!!! Joined: Posts: 660

coming soon :nunchuck:
    -Mummy-B we all miss you :*(.
    -Your Friendly Neighborhood Video-Maker
    -www.zachd.com

coming soon :nunchuck:

Sucks to be Doom!
    Sucks to be Doom!

haha, hey I got your name in the intro :woot:
    -www.zachd.com
    haha, hey I got your name in the intro :woot:

good stuff.

I've been really busy playing practicing, i dunno what rlly to add to the video brian, alot of the stuff in this thread is really all I could contribute(some of the rush strings using instant overhead as the starter, some of the combos+assist punish ect)

i wonder if you used any of that?:sweat:
    good stuff.

I've been really busy playing practicing, i dunno what rlly to add to the video brian, alot of the stuff in this thread is really all I could contribute(some of the rush strings using instant overhead as the starter, some of the combos+assist punish ect)

i wonder if you used any of that?:sweat:

yeah man I got alot of things from my own personel expiremnting by playing people and in training mode.

And a batch of ideas from this thread as well.

So this being the first video fromt he final volume.

It should be a treat! :lovin:
    -www.zachd.com
    Here it is~!!!

-www.zachd.com
    Mixup:

I actually like the idea of Morrigan/tron. way back when I was first experimenting with cammy/tron,I was trying to find the 3rd char that would fit that team well.

I went through many characters, including storm-a (works well in the middle), morrigan-projectile (as a first char), Strider-b (still my favorite for now).

but after reading all of your good posts, I want to give Chunli and Wolve a try, and even Morrigan again.

I really like morrigan's projectile assist with cammy, maybe because it's such a damn big projectile and the timing works perfect to cover cammy's cannon drill. I'll have to give your stuff a try tho that you posted here.. good stuff.

btw, have you ever tried using Dhalsim with tron? i've been messing with it for a little. I figure sim's assist coverage abilities could do a lot of good for covering tron's fat ass since she likes to sit there on the screen all day.
    Here it is~!!!

It looks like you moved it here:

Great video djb. Some of the weirder stuff I've wanted to do in real games, but I'm usually busy with Not Dying. I love the corner combos that end in a darkness illusion cross-up. Nice to see Gambit in the vid. :) Tron is clearly the moster though :razzy:
  • B-RadB-Rad Shield Skillz Joined: Posts: 1,392
    It looks like you moved it here:

Great video djb. Some of the weirder stuff I've wanted to do in real games, but I'm usually busy with Not Dying. I love the corner combos that end in a darkness illusion cross-up. Nice to see Gambit in the vid. :) Tron is clearly the moster though :razzy:

I gotta agree, awesome vid. I've been wanting to find something for her for a while, and it seems I can always count on you DJB for the greatness.

Thanks
    :::Av by the internet (I need a new one...):::

SHIELD SKILLS SHIELD SKILLS JUST LIKE CAP AIM OF HAWKEYE JUST LIKE CAP SHIELD SKILLS MIGHTY SWING MIGHTY SWING YOURE IN FOR A WORLD OF HURT SHIELD SKILLS JUST LIKE CAP
    no problem guys!!!

glad you folks liked the video alot.

:lovin:
    -www.zachd.com
    some of that shit mike posted, actually does 6 things in 1 setup. He made some complex shit simple by making 1 setup do it all. wtf?????
    :rofl:

you are truly my student now:lovin::rock:
    been air-riding morrigan around ever since heavy VS sessions and honestly, i make it only half-way through mixups bEEst(butt) post before i undoubtedly hit 8-9 tangents and forget what i was trying to figure out.

beebutt is serious.
    c.lk+tron, add lk, c.lk, sj adf and wait to crossup opponents sprite sj.lk, for crossup, c.lk. If third ring hasn't made contact yet, you can do sj add lk, and this will put you behind the opponent again, into c.lk etc.... if you're fast enough after that last c.lk, you can do c.lk, c.mk+tron for that relayer into some more bullshit.

combining option trees kills the game... so broke