Video Game Music Thread Ver. Once More With FEELING!

Comments

• TaskmasterTaskmaster The Mad Jackal Joined: Posts: 528
    If anyone wants the Beyond Good And Evil OST, here it is

http://www.stormeffect.com/beyond/index.htm

Cause the game did so bad, Ubisoft didnt release it to stores, but tossed it out on the net for fans of the game.

It's a shame, cause the game is great, as is the OST
    "It is better to let people think you're a fool, than to open your mouth and eat a dick like a cranberry."

Adam Warlock, Thread of the year 08, SRK.com
  • PinnochioPinnochio Zero Joined: Posts: 41
    I think one of the best video game arranged tracks i've ever heard was 'tears' kyos theme from the soundtrack kof 94 -2000 compilation arranged disc.
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,691
    SSH!@!@!!
    http://www.ssh.ne.jp/file/mp3_.htm
    Ys+iron maiden= sweet
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • Kane BlueriverKane Blueriver l33t Black Mage Joined: Posts: 1,429
    Got some MUST DL MIDIs for everyone.

*Arcana Boss Theme http://gh.ffshrine.org/files/snes/Arcana/boss_battle.mid
    This is a SNES game I'd never heard of until I was searching for different MIDIs to DL at Galbadia Hotel. This is a simple track but it's still very good.

*Cybernator
    http://gh.ffshrine.org/midis/5/53
    An underappreciated SNES gem with some fantastic music. No one has made MIDIs for the entire game yet but this does have some of the game's best tunes.

Arcana's both Final Battle themes (it's a 2 part battle) are excellent, as is the Stage 2 BGM from Cybernator.

About personal tastes, I dig too many VG music to list it all here, but some examples are:

- Aria di Mezzo Carattere and Dancing Mad, FFVI
    - Zeromus Theme, FFIV
    - FF Vocal Collections 1 & 2 and The Black Mages discs are great.
    - Geese Howard's theme, in all of its variations
    - Castlevania: SOTN OST, IMHO the best music you could hear only in a PS1 (Now in XBox 360, too).
    - The mainstays in Castlevania Series (Vampire Killer, Bloody Tears, Simon's Theme from Super Castlevania IV, etc.), mainly in their Rondo of Blood version.
    - Most Chrono Trigger songs, mainly Warlock Battle and World Revolution/Last Battle.
    - Samurai Shodown series music, the sound effects and BGMs have a certain mysticism that attracts me a lot (I find the classic kabuki scream awesome). I really like Galford's BGM, too.
    - Devil May Cry 3's loop demo theme and 1st Battle Theme, I think that it's damn cool to do stylish moves w/ that music.
    - F-Zero Series Big Blue and Mute City themes, I like how they have evolved without losing their touch. I also love the original F-Zero Port Town theme.
    - Parasite Eve and Ridge Racer Type 4 OSTs are part of my Top 5 in PSX music.
    - Rockman 8 and Rockman X4 Intros.
    - Tenchu 1; I really like the composer, Noriyuki Asakura (of Rurouni Kenshin TV series fame); he really makes you feel like a ninja, very inmersive and appropiate music. Another Top 5 in PSX.
    - Tetris (Game Boy) and Dr. Mario BGMs.
    - Street Fighter II, mainly Guile, Ken and Balrog themes, and their arrangements, such as the ones in SFII Tribute Album, Sing!! SFII and SFII: Alph Lyla w/ Yuji Toriyama.
    - Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha: Really awesome music, an awesome improvement from EX. Recommended are: Guile/Allen, Ryu, Garuda & Sakura. The final Top 5 of PSX.
    - Guilty Gear Series: Really like Holy Orders and Blue Water, Blue Sky. I think that this last song in particular has the mood that any fighting game should have in its music.
    UMVC3:/Haggar a/Hulk a/Sentinel y - SSF4AE: Balrog (U1) - CvS2: K-Boxer/Raiden/Geese(R2) - SF3S: Hugo (SA I) - GGXXAC: Ky - Tekken 6 BR: King - ST/HDR: Boxer/Claw - SFA2: Charlie - BBCS2: Jin - SFA3: V-R.Mika, X-Charlie - Garou: Tizoc - KOF98UM: Vice/Takuma/EX Geese - KOF02UM: Vice/EX Takuma/Geese - MK9: Scorpion - KOFXIII: Raiden/Takuma/Vice - AH3: Kira/Ohtsuchi - LB2: Washizuka (Power) - SSIV: Charlotte (Bust) - Vampire Savior: Bulleta
  • FighterXFighterX Joined: Posts: 1,648
    For SFEX, you need to get ahold of the extended Guile/Allen (Strange Sunset) track. It's a little different than the one used on the game. In the Sakura song, my favorite part, bar none, is the guitar solo.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Please?
  • Kane BlueriverKane Blueriver l33t Black Mage Joined: Posts: 1,429
    For SFEX, you need to get ahold of the extended Guile/Allen (Strange Sunset) track. It's a little different than the one used on the game. In the Sakura song, my favorite part, bar none, is the guitar solo.

Do you know where can I get this extended version of Strange Sunset, and what are its differences w/ the already arranged version of +alpha? Thanks!

Oh, and I forgot to add: I really, really like Skullomania's theme, Amusementive Crime.
    UMVC3:/Haggar a/Hulk a/Sentinel y - SSF4AE: Balrog (U1) - CvS2: K-Boxer/Raiden/Geese(R2) - SF3S: Hugo (SA I) - GGXXAC: Ky - Tekken 6 BR: King - ST/HDR: Boxer/Claw - SFA2: Charlie - BBCS2: Jin - SFA3: V-R.Mika, X-Charlie - Garou: Tizoc - KOF98UM: Vice/Takuma/EX Geese - KOF02UM: Vice/EX Takuma/Geese - MK9: Scorpion - KOFXIII: Raiden/Takuma/Vice - AH3: Kira/Ohtsuchi - LB2: Washizuka (Power) - SSIV: Charlotte (Bust) - Vampire Savior: Bulleta
  • ShadowhaxorShadowhaxor VgM for the Masses! Joined: Posts: 394
    Do you know where can I get this extended version of Strange Sunset, and what are its differences w/ the already arranged version of +alpha? Thanks!

Oh, and I forgot to add: I really, really like Skullomania's theme, Amusementive Crime.

Most of the tracks are very different from their PlayStation-game counterparts, and I mean that in a good way--a VERY good way. The music is still jazz fusion, but it sounds so much better (which is saying a lot because the game music is very nice). We get extended solo work for 'Strange Sunset' (YES!), new versions of 'Sakura Mankai' and 'Spinning Bird', a 100% flamenco guitar arrangement for 'Garnet Sky'... and there are many more surprises.

You can get the tracks at my site, but I've added a link so you can get the extended track for [URL="http://shxmedia.com/media/request/SFEXA Strange Sunset.mp3"]strange sunset[/URL] directly.

Otherwise head to my site, and click on the online mp3 player, browse for the track and listen away.

Never Fear... Your Friendly neighborhood Shadowhaxor is here.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    - Tenchu 1; I really like the composer, Noriyuki Asakura (of Rurouni Kenshin TV series fame); he really makes you feel like a ninja, very inmersive and appropiate music. Another Top 5 in PSX.

Oh yeah, this game's soundtrack is outstanding. The atmospheric music suits the missions so well.
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I need an mp3 of the Beast level in X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse for the SNES.

Here you go: http://download.yousendit.com/06C98CF548D26A05

Best track in the game. :smile:

This is a great remix of Vega's stage from the Street Fighter 2 Tribute album.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • TaskmasterTaskmaster The Mad Jackal Joined: Posts: 528
    Here you go: http://download.yousendit.com/06C98CF548D26A05

Best track in the game. :smile:

If you have, the Psyloke, Wolverine, Cyclops and Boss themes, please post them.

I'd like the mission 5 one too
    "It is better to let people think you're a fool, than to open your mouth and eat a dick like a cranberry."

Adam Warlock, Thread of the year 08, SRK.com
    If you have, the Psyloke, Wolverine, Cyclops and Boss themes, please post them.

I'd like the mission 5 one too

http://download.yousendit.com/BF2EC77102CCCAC8
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • JidaJida Young Bison Face Joined: Posts: 731
    Ace Combat Stuff

Round Table - Ace Combat X/ Zero Belkan War
    Annex - Ace Comat X
    Merlon - Ace Combat X
    Blockade - Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies
    Comona - Ace Combat 4
    Emancipation - Ace Combat 4
    Farbanti - Ace Combat 4
    Megalith "Agnus Dei" - Ace Combat 4

Oh and if I don't get a link to this song I'm going to kill someone's child.
    ......im sure it's been stated already; but you niggas gay. If you wouldn't hit that, you are riding some black cock right now.
    -TheSix
    Ace Combat Stuff

Hah. You bastard... You had me stomped, I knew I heard that beat/track before.....

Thats the Sakura's vocal, from Super Puzzle Fighter!

Link

So i guess my kid is safe...... ;)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*looks around*

OMGAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lovin: :clap: :razz: :bgrin: :cybot: :pray: :party: :cool: :chat:
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*looks around*

OMGAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lovin: :clap: :razz: :bgrin: :cybot: :pray: :party: :cool: :chat:

I saw that....

• Son Them AllSon Them All The Calm Joined: Posts: 792
    Sakura from Shinobi 3 is so fucking beastly. Japonesque is rather good as well.

Whirlwind as well. Such a good soundtrack. I was always under the assumption that Yuzo did that soundtrack but I've been recently told that ain't true. Who did it then?

Shenmue has a god tier tracks. Bob's Pizzaria on yo ASS.

Nigga Edit: That Vega Remix is SEXY AS FUCK. Did whoever made that make a Cammy theme???
    Kicks from Fight Club, outfit from Eddie Brock...
    I saw that....

LOL! I just discovered it a few weeks ago. Bunifa. :rofl:
  • OmNiExiZtOmNiExiZt Fuckin Up Yo IgZiStEnce Joined: Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies is pretty beefy.
    Holy shit, I thought I was the only one into that series.

Ace Combat Zero is right up there.

You can't mention Zero and 4 with out talking about 5 and 2 is also nothing to sleep on. I listen to those 3 OST's almost everday. PART 3 SUCKS ASS PHILLIP!!! So stay away from that one.

*ONEZ*
    *ONEZ*
    Omni-Exizt - Demi-God
    The embodiment of thought in all Creation. Determined that all living things, including humans, desire the destruction of Earth. Plans on destroying not only Earth, but all of Creation.
    The secret of life-:snka::snkb::snkb: :snka: START
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I wish I knew how to do it. How do you rep?

Only premium members can rep someone.
    ReggieHadoken, you should update the first post with new links :tup:

It is done.
    Most of the tracks are very different from their PlayStation-game counterparts, and I mean that in a good way--a VERY good way. The music is still jazz fusion, but it sounds so much better (which is saying a lot because the game music is very nice). We get extended solo work for 'Strange Sunset' (YES!), new versions of 'Sakura Mankai' and 'Spinning Bird', a 100% flamenco guitar arrangement for 'Garnet Sky'... and there are many more surprises.

Nice to see I'm not the only one who digs Strage Sunset. Song is too good. Actually, I think I enjoyed all the music from the SF EX games, despite all the hating the series has gotten.
    Ace Combat Stuff

Round Table - Ace Combat X/ Zero Belkan War
    Annex - Ace Comat X
    Merlon - Ace Combat X
    Blockade - Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies
    Comona - Ace Combat 4
    Emancipation - Ace Combat 4
    Farbanti - Ace Combat 4
    Megalith "Agnus Dei" - Ace Combat 4

Ace Combat has had dope songs since the begining but it has been a while since I've heard tunes from the series.
    Hah. You bastard... You had me stomped, I knew I heard that beat/track before.....

Thats the Sakura's vocal, from Super Puzzle Fighter!

Link

So i guess my kid is safe...... ;)

Hooray for Shadowhaxor!! He has a dope gaming site AND he saves babies!! :lovin:

Man, Shadow, there's so much music on your site, I was there for hours the other night. Awesome that you have the Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo tracks. Donovan's Stage is the truth.
    Have you guys heard the Darkstalkers DDR Remix tracks from Galbadia? I like Donovan's the most.

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1609
    Anybody ever try to dump on you for listening to game music? People try to do that shit to me all the time since they think that it's cool or whatever. This is usually the people that feel that videogames are for people who don't have lives.

*ONEZ*
    *ONEZ*
    Omni-Exizt - Demi-God
    The embodiment of thought in all Creation. Determined that all living things, including humans, desire the destruction of Earth. Plans on destroying not only Earth, but all of Creation.
  • ShadowcuzShadowcuz JTC Joined: Posts: 1,626
    Does anybody know any VG music that has trance or some form of electronic music in it?

The only ones i know as of now are Chaos Field, Wangan Midnight, Initial D, and Tekken (ex. Poolside)
    PSN: JTCuz

Nigga Edit: That Vega Remix is SEXY AS FUCK. Did whoever made that make a Cammy theme???

Sadly, there are only tracks for the original 12 characters on the Tribute album. A Cammy track would've kicked all kinds of ass.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Does anybody know any VG music that has trance or some form of electronic music in it?

The only ones i know as of now are Chaos Field, Wangan Midnight, Initial D, and Tekken (ex. Poolside)

Zone of the Enders?
    Some random tracks here:

Saturday Night Slam Masters (SNES) - Titanic Tim stage
    http://download.yousendit.com/722C8DCE66891A05

Knights of the Round (SNES) - Stage 3
    http://download.yousendit.com/C7FD1C316F9EA384

Zone of the Enders: Fist of Mars (GBA) - Intermission
    http://download.yousendit.com/CAB88A5D119E1E28

Rival Schools (PS1) - Illusion Space (final boss)
    http://download.yousendit.com/80682A4B692BF7BB

Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis) - Spring Yard Zone jazz remix
    http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01346/#
  • ShadowcuzShadowcuz JTC Joined: Posts: 1,626
    Zone of the Enders?

I already have both ZoE 1/2
    PSN: JTCuz
    Anybody ever try to dump on you for listening to game music? People try to do that shit to me all the time since they think that it's cool or whatever. This is usually the people that feel that videogames are for people who don't have lives.

*ONEZ*

Actually, I was only given crap ONE time...that was back in the Street Fighter 2 days, when I actually managed to tape all of the character's themes. A friend of mine walked in on me listening to it while relaxing, and he laughed about it. Of course, 10 minutes later, he was begging me to make him a copy. :rofl:
  • JidaJida Young Bison Face Joined: Posts: 731
    You guys should check out the Deadly Arts G.A.S.P. OST. Terrible game; good music.

Heavy Rough
    Shi-Man-to
    The end of Rhapsody
    Beats on The Run
    ......im sure it's been stated already; but you niggas gay. If you wouldn't hit that, you are riding some black cock right now.
    -TheSix
    Have you guys heard Yuzo Koshiro's awesome remix of Balrog's (Boxer's) stage music on the SF tribute album? You can get it here: http://gh.ffshrine.org/song/1466/9

One of my favourite VG music remixes of all.

A lot of the MDK2 soundtrack has a trance/eletronica vibe to it. Which is funny because I had actually just hopped in this thread to say I just DLed that off of Galbadia. A lot of the OST is just the background ambiance noises too, though. And a somewhat humorous joke track at the end.
    Omniz, someone ever gives you crap for listing to gaming music, break out some of the best beats you can find and then see if they still feel the same. Play some Metal Gear Solid 2 or Final Fantasy Tactics and if that doesn't shut them up, then I guess that rail road spike is shoved too far up their anus for them to see differently.

Lately, I've been listening to some arranged and remixed versions of music from some of my fav games. Here are two that really stand out to me:

*Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - Hedgehog Heaven http://www.shadowhaxor.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=715 My word, this is some of the best contemporary arrangements I've ever heard. When I heard the themes for Emerald Hill and Chemical Plant, I thought the music was having sex with my speakers. Hot, steamy, sweaty, yet beautiful sex!!!

*Gunstar Heroes Arranged Tracks http://www.shadowhaxor.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=235 Gunstar Heroes, in addition to being one of my fav Genesis games, has some of my fav tunes on the Genesis. These arranged tracks are, in a word, dope. Dice-
    Dance-Days
    is pure ownage.
    Omniz, someone ever gives you crap for listing to gaming music, break out some of the best beats you can find and then see if they still feel the same. Play some Metal Gear Solid 2 or Final Fantasy Tactics and if that doesn't shut them up, then I guess that rail road spike is shoved too far up their anus for them to see differently.

Oh man, beleive me, I allready know. I listen to anime music sometimes to. I had this one guy at work trying to give me shit. You know, the usual nerd and geek slurs started spewing from his mouth hole right. So one day I was listening to the Samurai Champloo OST and he was over at his cubicle jamming to it right. So I turned it down to where only I could hear it. Then he was saying yo, trun that back up. Then he asked me who that was. I told him, "nah man, don't worry about who it is". So then he starts guessing names like it's some underground shit from a now well known artist. I told him nope and that all of his guesses are wrong. I then let him know that if I tell him where it comes from and what it is, it would make him a geek/nerd. So he said aight and turned back around. I turned it up so he could hear it some more. Then he started begging me to find out what it was. Once I told him, he begged me for a copy of it. Now he be playing that shit all the time around his friends like it's some underground shit that only he knows about. I would put him out there, but that would make me no better than him.

I know that was a long post, but for those of you still reading. Be sure to get the music from Super Hudsons Adventure Island for the SNES. You'd be surprised at how good that OST sounds. It's like all kind of genres of music mixed together with a carribean touch. You won't be dissapointed.

*ONEZ*
    *ONEZ*
    Omni-Exizt - Demi-God

I know that was a long post, but for those of you still reading. Be sure to get the music from Super Hudsons Adventure Island for the SNES. You'd be surprised at how good that OST sounds. It's like all kind of genres of music mixed together with a carribean touch. You won't be dissapointed.

*ONEZ*

And to make that recommendation more appealing, the soundtrack was composed by Yuzo Koshiro.

Wow. That's a lot of stuff.

Anyone know how many game soundtracks were never released here or games that never even saw an OST release? I figure the number has to be pretty freaking high.

YES, Super Adventure Island music is top tier!!
    I completely forgot one of my personal favs, Breath of Fire III. That OST is out of control with memorable tracks. All of the world themes are nice as hell, and one OST that I found has a crazy remix to the fairy theme that would even make Dave Koz jealous.
    For the love of GOD, someone please help me find the track that plays at 0:46 of this video:

In the game it's called "Harald's Theme" but it's nowhere in the rips or OSTs I've seen online.

Agreed.

Someone find this please, so I don't have to hear that horrible voice acting when I want to listen to it.
  • _MJ_#R_MJ_#R gfbnews.blogspot.com Joined: Posts: 1,592
    DKC2 SOUNTRACK > All

one of my favs
    GFB News - gfbnews.blogspot.com - match videos updated daily
    ComboVideos - combovideos.com - for your CV needs
    And to make that recommendation more appealing, the soundtrack was composed by Yuzo Koshiro.

I had no idea that he was the guy behind the music for that game. Kind of makes you wonder what the hell happend to SOR3. The music for that game makes female virgins heads explode.:arazz:

*ONEZ*
    *ONEZ*
    Omni-Exizt - Demi-God
    I completely forgot one of my personal favs, Breath of Fire III. That OST is out of control with memorable tracks. All of the world themes are nice as hell, and one OST that I found has a crazy remix to the fairy theme that would even make Dave Koz jealous.

Awww, yeah! BOFIII has a dope OST. Two of my fav, themes are Boss Battle and Decision. Decision is the track that plays when Tepo appears in Ryu's mind and tries to persuade him to join him. Glad I'm not the only one who digs this OST. And there's a remix of some of the songs? Snap. I had no idea.

Donkey Kong Country 2's music is some of the best music out there. Gotta love Flight of The Zinger (Hornet Hole) and Stickerbrush Symphony (Bramble Blast). Of course the original DKC also has dope music. The music that plays in the water levels owns me. It it so easy to just chill to that music. So soothing.
    OK guys, I need help locating a difficult-to-find track. It's from the Tekken 2 Strike Fighting album, but the arranged version, and I'm not talking about the arranged music from the PS1 game.

The track I'm looking for is called "Dance in the East," which is Baek's stage theme.
    Hey, King. I hate to bug you again, but can you post Gambit's theme from X-Men - MA?:sweat:

EDIT: I didn't know they had a Strike Fighting Album with Baek's theme? I like Paul's Nina's from the first SF CD.

EDIT AGAIN: King, this *SOUNDS* like his old theme - are you sure it's not this one?

http://download.yousendit.com/5AED1BEB114FD7DB

Got it from here: http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/520
    Hey, King. I hate to bug you again, but can you post Gambit's theme from X-Men - MA?:sweat:

EDIT: I didn't know they had a Strike Fighting Album with Baek's theme? I like Paul's Nina's from the first SF CD.

http://download.yousendit.com/6F29D3391A991D14

This is the Tekken 2 album I was talking about in my previous post: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/tekken2/_sound_arranges.php
  • _MJ_#R_MJ_#R gfbnews.blogspot.com Joined: Posts: 1,592

Donkey Kong Country 2's music is some of the best music out there. Gotta love Flight of The Zinger (Hornet Hole) and Stickerbrush Symphony (Bramble Blast). Of course the original DKC also has dope music. The music that plays in the water levels owns me. It it so easy to just chill to that music. So soothing.

In a Snow-Bound Land MAKES ME CRY :[
    GFB News - gfbnews.blogspot.com - match videos updated daily
    ComboVideos - combovideos.com - for your CV needs
    Thanks for the link!

Check my updated post, btw......

EDIT AGAIN: King, this *SOUNDS* like his old theme - are you sure it's not this one?

http://download.yousendit.com/5AED1BEB114FD7DB

Got it from here: http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/520

That's from the PS1 game. There's an arranged version of his theme that I want.
    That's from the PS1 game. There's an arranged version of his theme that I want.

OOH, okay. Sorry. I tried. :sweat:
    Awww, yeah! BOFIII has a dope OST. Two of my fav, themes are Boss Battle and Decision. Decision is the track that plays when Tepo appears in Ryu's mind and tries to persuade him to join him. Glad I'm not the only one who digs this OST. And there's a remix of some of the songs? Snap. I had no idea.

Sigh of the Fairy (Acid Jazz Remix) Happy Birthday
    Wow. That's a lot of stuff.

Anyone know how many game soundtracks were never released here or games that never even saw an OST release? I figure the number has to be pretty freaking high.

YES, Super Adventure Island music is top tier!!

I would like to have a Power Moves/Deadly Moves Soundtrack. Particularly the Baoh and Nick stages.