MD/VA CvS2 Thread

HAVHAV iori respawnJoined: Posts: 9,503
So we've got a decent little base, and some players looking to get into CvS, so let's get this thing popping before East.

I know we have the 3S thread that basically serves as the MD/VA thread, but I think we need to put extra emphasis on CvS2 now. The same way niggas leveled up in 3S, is the way we gotta level up in CvS2.

I'll be in the Danger Room from now until Evo. I'm looking to play with ANYBODY from Baltimore to NOVA. I don't give a fuck.

Waddup?

Comments

• b1gaznb1gazn SWAG Joined: Posts: 7,463
    good luck, finding players in CvS2 will be hard. Having a session without the players falling asleep is even harder.
    The last 10 years playing MvC2, I can honestly say I still see things playing marvel now that I've never seen before. crazy - clock

I'd rather buy 6 copies of MvC2 than buy 1 copy of TvC3!

I am now playing ____ when _____ comes out I will be leveling up in that game, even if it is crappy because I am a gaymer!

LOL Super MvC3? The game isn't even a year old and they are already scrapping this game.

I want Ariel in SMvC3!
  • akuaku スピリチュアルやからね! Joined: Posts: 3,865
    Sure, I'll bite.

I've actually been trying to get into CvS2 a li'l more seriously than before. I've been practicing some A-Groove and so far I've been making some progress(execution-wise, but not in any real matches). I'd like to get some practice games in though, so anyone in the area wanna rape me, then by all means gimme a call or PM or something.
  • ramzaramza hmmm Joined: Posts: 2,481
    i like this(/ diddy). i'll try to learn this beastly game...steve harrison got me inspired.
    Are YOU still single?!?!?
    R.I.P Reggie Etheridge

He tortured me...with his awfulness
  • HAVHAV iori respawn Joined: Posts: 9,503
    Good shit Kimmicks.

I'll try to show you some shit tonight. After you learn some things, I'll show you some black girls, so you can get over Yvette.
  • DIMMU SAKURABADIMMU SAKURABA Joined: Posts: 495
    Reading these threads, seems like something near 15-20 people post regularly from northern virginia/maryland. Wish there was more from central virginia....
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,764 mod
    I'm down for whateva. Even if I'm the half assed low tier version of Steve. I would like to see this thread get somewhere though and I think if we can get people into it that people will start to find it fun.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    All i need is 1 player in northern MD, and i'll be set. I know i'm not the only SF player up here......or am i:confused: ??
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • DaliPicardDaliPicard An XBoX Live Legend Joined: Posts: 276
    Did Springfield ever get this game?
    "Dali = Cheese
    He annoys me like no other when I play him. Lil' ho just sits on the other side of the screen sendin that whore Choi at you." -- Hurley Guy

I think at one time they had it but they got rid of it a long while ago.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin

SF had CvS1 for awhile but some dude bought it. That's where I learned the basics, but i don't know if I can get into CvS2. Seein the same damn repitive A-grove characers unless I get ridiculously good like Buktooth
    SF had CvS1 for awhile but some dude bought it. That's where I learned the basics, but i don't know if I can get into CvS2. Seein the same damn repitive A-grove characers unless I get ridiculously good like Buktooth

Yeah...there are some people that make the game look fun like Buktooth but high level play (especially certain high level players) can really make the game look drawn out.

I dunno, I actually really like A-Groove. My source of inspiration to play it was BAS(him and Mago were also my inspiration to play Honda). Like, other than C Groove, none of the others clicked with me all that much so I'm trying to practice with this one.
    High level CvS2 is actually pretty active. At high levels, A-Groove doesn't dominate anywhere near where it does at the intermediate level.

Yeah, Justin v. Steve wasn't that active, but I still found it really, really interesting. I wasn't bored at all during those fights. Warren and I were talking during FR finals about how tense those finals were, even though it seemed like nothing was happening. If you understand every aspect of the game, even something as boring (at face value) as Justin v. Steve, is actually pretty interesting, and even exciting (well, maybe that's a stretch).

ANYWAY... I hereby dub Steve Harrison "Sharingan"

I think he should run with that.
  • ill_willill_will yes Joined: Posts: 2,073
    I'll be in the Danger Room from now until Evo. I'm looking to play with ANYBODY from Baltimore to NOVA. I don't give a fuck.

Waddup?

Yo... If you just called how you train the Danger Room thats good fucking shit
    Team H8's Rivi
    4ociouS
    min byung ji
    "Marvel is like beer pong" - Tony B. <----TRUUUUUUUE
  • ShinshayShinshay Charge it to da game Joined: Posts: 690
    i like this(/ diddy). i'll try to learn this beastly game...steve harrison got me inspired.

OMG: Steve got you inspired? He inspired me to take all copies of that game that I have and set it a blaze on my front lawn. Man so many timeout victories, that game is rediculous. Evil Elvis was doing the damn thing on Steve, but of course not moving and playing Neutral has it's advantagous. Do you think that If any of the chars had a level 3 of transforming into a pet rock, while crouching in the corner, that I could win too? I'm sorry I just really dislike this game if you guys couldn't tell.
    Kara DPing you FTW.
  • BchanBchan Team Hate Member-MAD Joined: Posts: 446
    So we've got a decent little base, and some players looking to get into CvS, so let's get this thing popping before East.

I know we have the 3S thread that basically serves as the MD/VA thread, but I think we need to put extra emphasis on CvS2 now. The same way niggas leveled up in 3S, is the way we gotta level up in CvS2.

Waddup?

nigga you know im down for what ever in cvs 2 im tryin to qualify
    beast chan
    bchessy

Geting better threw the power of HATE!! MAD!!!and HYPE!!!
    All i need is 1 player in northern MD, and i'll be set. I know i'm not the only SF player up here......or am i:confused: ??

sir this week your going to have to come to me if you can cause im tryin to play so get at me pm or somthing so we can talk about this peace
    beast chan
    bchessy

• Baltimore ChunBaltimore Chun SKILLS MADE FLESH Joined: Posts: 409
    OMG: Steve got you inspired? He inspired me to take all copies of that game that I have and set it a blaze on my front lawn. Man so many timeout victories, that game is rediculous. Evil Elvis was doing the damn thing on Steve, but of course not moving and playing Neutral has it's advantagous. Do you think that If any of the chars had a level 3 of transforming into a pet rock, while crouching in the corner, that I could win too? I'm sorry I just really dislike this game if you guys couldn't tell.
    CVS2 is no more or less boring than 3S. Its all in knowing and appriating SFer. Skillz resects skillz

Peace
    James
    Leader of the Old School
    There is Strength in Numbers
    A BITCH......is a Bitch, is a bitch is a bitch.
    CvS2 actually looks real exciting when people play it balls-to-the-wall. The FFA Ranbat vid was fun to watch, and this was back when I still hated the game(I'm also probably one of the few people out there who enjoyed Evil Elvis's commentary, haha).
  • umthrfkrumthrfkr /Bane Voice Joined: Posts: 7,274
    wth. when did this thread get started. cvs2 eh. hmmmm
    fuck you all
    ratio 2 chun p/c groove. what else...
    R.I.P Reggie Etheridge

• SwmmrManShenSwmmrManShen The Left Ventricle Joined: Posts: 573
    i like CvS2, though i really bad at it. Im game for anything
  • ROCKMANROCKMAN Undiscovered Actor Joined: Posts: 234
    If people start playing.I might come back from retirement.Relearn customs and i'm set:tup:
    HATERSSS

ALL UP IN MY COOLAID AND DON'T KNOW WHAT FLAVOR I'M DRINKING:mad:

FUCK XBX LIVE:mad:
    If people start playing.I might come back from retirement.Relearn customs and i'm set:tup:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: STFU ho. u sucked even before u quit.
    fuck you all
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: STFU ho. u sucked even before u quit.

haahha
    beast chan
    bchessy

Waddup?

Play me . I could throw a rock and hit silver spring? (240) 893 8680

call anytime. I usually pick up. Ask for Aaron.

ps.
    Jason.... I did not forget about cvs2. I will catch you for some games sooner or later.
    Yeah, I remember you. We played at x30 back in June/July. You play N-Gief/Ryu/Somebody else, right?

I'll definitely hit you up.
  • exodusexodus anti-vid scrub advocate! Joined: Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    fuck this shit! 3S! =O

DOWN WITH BLANKA BALLS.
    fuck this shit! 3S! =O

DOWN WITH BLANKA BALLS.

mm? 2/3 $10? potentially free money for you, i have no idea how much you play/know this game.
    R.I.P Reggie Etheridge

• ShinBlankaShinBlanka 神Blanka Joined: Posts: 7,165 mod
    I know it's a week late, but thanks for coming to FinalRound10
    (FinalRound) A staple in the Fighting Game Community!
    New FR site: http://www.finalround.org
    Rest in Peace: To my MOMMA , Auntie Toosie, Uncle Thon, Craig Dufour "MAXIMUS" and Brian "Mummy-B" Graham and my 2 unborn children.
    Yeah, I remember you. We played at x30 back in June/July. You play N-Gief/Ryu/Somebody else, right?

I'll definitely hit you up.

I got better.:wonder:

Hit me up anytime. IF I dont pick up..... leave that message...:wgrin:
  • 10x10x needs a console :( Joined: Posts: 922
    mm? 2/3 $10? potentially free money for you, i have no idea how much you play/know this game.
    I'll MM you Eric.:bgrin:
    Me no rikey.
    hmmmm. i like the sound of this.
    fuck you all
    so whats up are we gonna play or talk about playin some one give me a date and a place and a num so i can show up
    beast chan
    bchessy

I got money on Aaron against Eric.

On another note, I have off work Wednesday and Thursday. CvS2 is definitely going down. I don't know where or when, but I do know that I'm playing.
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    so whats up are we gonna play or talk about playin some one give me a date and a place and a num so i can show up

Let's play tomorrow. PM me your address. The earlier the better for me, also depending on where you're at in bmore i might not even take the trip. I know a few people who've been fucked over by the cops down there and i don't need any shit going down especially since my car isn't in the best of shape.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • ShawnLoganownzuShawnLoganownzu slogan8r Joined: Posts: 3,575
    i might be able to kill a character if only this game had A-Magneto
    B1gazn's XBL record: -2612312345377837532312450302006612353454535323753753753537537834253429789678394; -15412312312312312345007534233234234234234233783738734564281 streak max

A-groove magneto?! are you serious?! Thats like ridiculous infinite, build meter, activate into reeediculous combo, into rice krispie super. Thats REE-DICK-U-LUS
  • N-KenN-Ken dipthrongjr jr Joined: Posts: 2,935

lol tri jump activate owns
    SHIPP ITT: hey vietcong SHIPP ITT: nice job sunday
    vietcong01: tyshipp SHIPP ITT: np, hud
    vietcong01: ok gl
    I got money on Aaron against Eric.

On another note, I have off work Wednesday and Thursday. CvS2 is definitely going down. I don't know where or when, but I do know that I'm playing.

on wed come to reljins again the earlier the better for me too
    beast chan
    bchessy