The Next Fist of the North Star/Hokuto no Ken thread

Comments

• TartarusTartarus Joined: Posts: 35
    I always wanted to get my hands on this game, especially that the HNK series is the greatest series of all time (IMO). It would be a dream if anyone made a proper sequel.
    Kenshiro "you are already dead"
    Seitei Souther "Nanto Ho-oh ken Ogi Tensho Juji Hoo"
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,276
    Hello guys.
    It's been a long time, but I am setting up a large Hokuto session in February 2011 where I'll try to gather all the french talents in order to pull off awesome matches ! I've already bought a consolized Atomiswave, currently in the process of getting THE game. Stay tuned !

Follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get premium updates.
    <
    Check my Blog entries for more info.

good to know bro :rock:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • G.O.TG.O.T #1 Haggar fan Joined: Posts: 2,164
    its all about Ikki man

It's almost like Tommy Lee is saying this which made me lol. Then he goes back to reading the newspaper. lol.
    Fight Fo' Dah Future.
  • ALUCARD PTALUCARD PT ALUCARD DX PT Joined: Posts: 6
    Hi guys here in Portugal we have 6 players of Hokuto no Ken,we play the game sometimes when theres meetings,because we are playing other games at the moment,i am playing SSF4 at the moment,i like other games more ( ST,CVS2,KOF 98 UM,GAROU,an a few more) i will post some videos of me playing with a friend this year,i use MR.Heart my skills at the moment in HNK are very weak,SSF4 makes me dumb and slow lol.

Heres the videos and sorry for my noob play at the moment.
    ALUCAR DX VS DARINI DX BEST OF 5 PART1

Hokuto No Ken is one of my main games and my favourite game.
    PART 2
    HOKUTO NO KEN,KOF 98 UM.KOF 2002 UM,GAROU,NGBC,ST,SF HDR,SSF4,CVS 2,GUILTY GEAR ACCENT CORE,BREAKERS REVENGE.

TEAM DX MEMBER-WWW.PTFIGHTERS.COM
  • PHARAONPHARAON KenOH doesn't die Joined: Posts: 252
    You should start with his BnB combo (Tougeki '06 DVD)
    Then, try to learn how to use his special guard cancel and his bugged jump C autoguard that stays if Heart lands without pulling off the charged jump C.
    These are 2 powerful tools to face opponents in HNK.

After mastering those, you can start learning his deadly Itee! combos
  • ALUCARD PTALUCARD PT ALUCARD DX PT Joined: Posts: 6
    You should start with his BnB combo (Tougeki '06 DVD)
    Then, try to learn how to use his special guard cancel and his bugged jump C autoguard that stays if Heart lands without pulling off the charged jump C.
    These are 2 powerful tools to face opponents in HNK.

After mastering those, you can start learning his deadly Itee! combos

Thanks for the tips,i have seen tons of videos of hnk on youtube,and i know some things,but i have forgoten somes,the matches of me playing in the videos i put here are very weak in gameplay,i havent play the game since STREET FIGHTER 4 came out so i was very rusty.

We play the game on PS2,and i know that MR.Heart has more broken things on the Atomiswave,when i can i will gather my friends and record more matches.

About the Iteeyo infinites i think its a dangerous thing because if i miss an imput its an auto F.K.O against me.

Maybe one day i can go play against you and other french hnk players,i know im gona be spanked hard by you guys but i dont care,i havent played anyone outside Portugal yet in this game.

And then i will travel to Japan and ask Kurenai no Buta to teach me how to play properly,so i can have my revenge lather lol.
    HOKUTO NO KEN,KOF 98 UM.KOF 2002 UM,GAROU,NGBC,ST,SF HDR,SSF4,CVS 2,GUILTY GEAR ACCENT CORE,BREAKERS REVENGE.

TEAM DX MEMBER-WWW.PTFIGHTERS.COM
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,325
    well here is good practice for non-importers. :p

Hokuto No Ken Flash Edition Games - Over 15,000 Free Games - 10 Added Every Weekday
    Hi guys here in Portugal we have 6 players of Hokuto no Ken,we play the game sometimes when theres meetings,because we are playing other games at the moment,i am playing SSF4 at the moment,i like other games more ( ST,CVS2,KOF 98 UM,GAROU,an a few more) i will post some videos of me playing with a friend this year,i use MR.Heart my skills at the moment in HNK are very weak,SSF4 makes me dumb and slow lol.

Heres the videos and sorry for my noob play at the moment.
    ALUCAR DX VS DARINI DX BEST OF 5 PART1
    YouTube - alucardDX(1p) vs dariniDX(2p) - HNK - best of 5 - pt1

Hokuto No Ken is one of my main games and my favourite game.
    PART 2
    YouTube - alucardDX(1p) vs dariniDX(2p) - HNK - best of 5 - pt2

oh nice matches!
    FIGHTING VIPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AtTheGatesAtTheGates combodrcker Joined: Posts: 436
    Hello guys.
    It's been a long time, but I am setting up a large Hokuto session in February 2011 where I'll try to gather all the french talents in order to pull off awesome matches ! I've already bought a consolized Atomiswave, currently in the process of getting THE game. Stay tuned !
    good to hear, man. if you have a specific date, let us know on Hardedge.org - Fighting with style, and i will be there!
    The morbid, muted body
    Is dissected, lacerated and shred -
    Life is hard as a mortuary technician
    The fumes go straight to my head...
  • bellreisabellreisa liz sucks Joined: Posts: 1,184
    Hi.

Main Page - Hokuto no Ken Wiki

Please help.

Thanks.
    mizuumi.net - wikis for games you've never heard of.
    homingcancel.com - arcana heart community.
    bellreisa : I started it ages ago on STRATEGYWIKI but never finished it : Fist of the North Star (arcade) ? StrategyWiki, the free strategy guide and walkthrough wiki

You're free to reuse the info, as long as you credit me.
    I am going to complete it.

AtTheGates : should be the 1st week of February, still needs confirmation though. I'll tell you when it's 100% sure.
  • OutkastOutkast Go Clippers Joined: Posts: 346
    Is the PS2 port considered good?
    http://8wayrun.com/
    Play Soul Calibur 5......
  • bellreisabellreisa liz sucks Joined: Posts: 1,184
    bellreisa : I started it ages ago on STRATEGYWIKI but never finished it : Fist of the North Star (arcade) ? StrategyWiki, the free strategy guide and walkthrough wiki

You're free to reuse the info, as long as you credit me.
    I am going to complete it.

AtTheGates : should be the 1st week of February, still needs confirmation though. I'll tell you when it's 100% sure.

Pharaon: Thank you, are you going to complete it on StrategyWiki or Mizuumi?
    mizuumi.net - wikis for games you've never heard of.
    homingcancel.com - arcana heart community.
    I'll complete it on StrategyWiki. You'll then copy/paste on Mizuumi.

I don't think I'll go for full combo scripts for each character, I'll give BnBs & few useful ones. I'll try to link to videos showing off those combos when possible and I will try to concentrate on describing each special move.

As for the PS2 port, it's quite good although sound samples are average in terms of quality, and Juda has his DP + A modified.
  • RyugaRyuga Emperor Time Joined: Posts: 3,315
    Hello, I think I found some new Hokuto matches on Acho? They're at the top, some kind of 2on2.

YouTube - GAMEacho's Channel

Sorry if you already knew.
    I'll complete it on StrategyWiki. You'll then copy/paste on Mizuumi.

I don't think I'll go for full combo scripts for each character, I'll give BnBs & few useful ones. I'll try to link to videos showing off those combos when possible and I will try to concentrate on describing each special move.

As for the PS2 port, it's quite good although sound samples are average in terms of quality, and Juda has his DP + A modified.

dont forget the thouther install, it last less on ps2 too
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Exceed^Exceed^ Slangin' Yogurt Joined: Posts: 849
    Anyone check these out yet? Not a new fighting HNK, but still pretty cool.

"THOUZER" ahaha
    Oh well ...

Yup those a-cho vids are quite new, but there aren't any player names :(
    - HNK - Mr.Boost [TO] VS Battosai [KE
    - HNK - Mr.Boost [TO] VS Battosai [KE

The frenchies are back. Slowly.
  • acerbicacerbic Joined: Posts: 1,113
    I've this on atomiswave, need to find people in the area that play it.
    Wrecking your world though TCP/IP, stealing your ghz, and in general harvesting your data. For Ameria.
  • DeanstaDeansta Joined: Posts: 492
    I've this on atomiswave, need to find people in the area that play it.

Where you at? I am in CA Orange County.
    where you at? I am in ca orange county.

dc/nova
    Wrecking your world though TCP/IP, stealing your ghz, and in general harvesting your data. For Ameria.
    Added
  • VanillaPlantVanillaPlant Joined: Posts: 135
    Does anyone play this online using Demul?
    havent tested it yet, but planning to do it on this weekend, since after the surgery im gonna have enought time to play it >:3
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Nice. I've wanted to play this game for awhile but didn't have a method to do so until I found Demul. I have read through Pharon's guide and am trying to learn Ken by using match videos. However, it is sometimes hard to figure out what is going on. It would greatly appreciated if someone could point me towards a more indepth guide or give me some pointers on what to focus on when starting out.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

Never knew DL even had an HnK section. Thanks!

Does anyone know how to perform CD -> Muso Tensei without consuming the granted boost stock ?
    I haven't been able to figure out how to do it properly.
    i have to say that i have been trying to figure how the hell does he do it, i tried different things like 63214214 negative edge k and other stuff for the past days and hell, i cant do what he does on the video, no luck so far but i will still try if by any remotely chance i find it i will post it

btw some acho videos

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • YunaYuna Politically correct as fuck since 2006 Joined: Posts: 7,465

Oh, Mamiya! <3

Head straight there and I see no Mamiya thread. What the dick.
    "Here's the thing, kids: words mean things, and most of what gets slagged as 'political correctness' is really just being nice, and most of the 'righteous complainers' are simply jerkwads who don't think certain people or groups deserve their niceness. If you're a guy, and you've ever uttered something along the lines of 'dude, sexual harrassment doesn't exist. That's just something chicks make up when they change their minds,' guess what, bro. You're not the lone hero standing up to feminist PC police. You're a pig."
    --Bob Chipman
    Oh, Mamiya! <3

Head straight there and I see no Mamiya thread. What the dick.

the thing is that by that time, everyone stoped playing mamiya, and for so long no one knew how to play with her, that is one of the reasons why you barely see mamiya players on the jap videos and why when they show up they give big surprises, no one knows how to play against her, lol
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Camo has uploaded lots of recent HNK ranbats on his YouTube channel : YouTube - CamoLescroc's Channel
    Check them out !
    Got the sit down 29 inch cab for this, and just got a 2p egret panel, after a bit of wiring it will be fully ready to go. If you're in NOVA/DC area and want to play let me know.
    We are streaming the Hokuto No Ken AllStars battles & freeplay every day of this week starting from 5 pm (French time) to an undefined ending hour (usually 11 pm except thursday/friday/saturday where we will play all night long).

You can check it out here : HOKUTO NO KEN FRANCE - ????AC on USTREAM: HOKUTO ALL STARS 2011 stream. France - 01/31 to 02/06/2011..
    kool, thanx bro
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Saikyo JoeSaikyo Joe that awkward moment Joined: Posts: 2,458
    Is there any particular reason why my HnK disc and my backup copy won't work with Swap Magic? Melty Blood and all my US games work fine, but with HnK it makes weird clicking sounds and won't play at all.
    Saikyo Joe does whatever the hell Saikyo Joe wants to do - Luc

The answer to your question is no.
  • BurningVigorBurningVigor *sigh* Joined: Posts: 247
    Is there any particular reason why my HnK disc and my backup copy won't work with Swap Magic? Melty Blood and all my US games work fine, but with HnK it makes weird clicking sounds and won't play at all.

That's weird.. swap magic works for my HnK copy.
    KOFXIII - ExKyo / K` / Andy
    AH3 - Nazuna(Time) / Akane(anything)
    GGAC - Bridget / Johnny / Sol / Chipp / Order-Sol
    SSF4 - Guy / Sakura
    Hmmm. Its disappointing, a friend let me borrow the game and I can't play it, its very sad. I've been looking into the game for some time now, it looks fun.

• kenmastersXkenmastersX Stone Nguyen Joined: Posts: 3,271
    Hmmm. Its disappointing, a friend let me borrow the game and I can't play it, its very sad. I've been looking into the game for some time now, it looks fun.

My best guess is that your copy of swap magic is obsolete and can't play that game, certain newer games don't work with older versions of swap magic for some reason. I had that problem with Psychic Force Collection awhile back due to this.
    Evo MvC3 top 32 choke artist. :(

Also, I'm not Richard Nguyen's brother!
  • Syxx573Syxx573 Jo Mama Joined: Posts: 8,963
    just use swap magic to install free mcboot then run the game that way
    My best guess is that your copy of swap magic is obsolete and can't play that game, certain newer games don't work with older versions of swap magic for some reason. I had that problem with Psychic Force Collection awhile back due to this.

Hmm. Melty Blood AA is newer than HnK to my knowledge in terms of console release. But it might be my Swap Magic.

We're done !

Here is the best of the last french HNK session :

• AtTheGatesAtTheGates combodrcker Joined: Posts: 436
    hey pharaon, too bad i couldn't make it, my exam is in 2 days :/
    anyway, i'll watch those matches now and wish i was there when it happened ^^
    The morbid, muted body
    Is dissected, lacerated and shred -
    Life is hard as a mortuary technician
    The fumes go straight to my head...
    nice matches
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    hey pharaon, too bad i couldn't make it, my exam is in 2 days :/
    anyway, i'll watch those matches now and wish i was there when it happened ^^

No problem, I knew it'd be hard for you to come with all those exams ! ;)
    Demul 0.5.6 currently has input lag with my X360 stick plugged to my computer, I guess I'll wait for a newer release to get this fixed. Anyway, the emulator runs smooth & the game looks awesome on a LCD screen.
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,872
    bump. never let it die
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • thephenomenalonethephenomenalone Joined: Posts: 580
    You broke my heart. I thought this was getting bumped because of a PSN/360 Live port.

*dreams of a port with GGPO instead of having to drive 2 hours to Gameworks*

:'(
    Vampire Savior: Demitri, Jedah, Aubath, Victor
    SSF4: Guile, Cody, Dee Jay, Sakura,
    AE: Cody, Yang
    CvS 2:N-Groove-Rugal, Nakoruru, Yamazaki, Rock, Sagat, Kim, Iori, Rolento, Eagle
    Super Turbo: Bison, Guile, Dee Jay, Ryu
    Alpha 2: Guy, Rolento, Gen
    KOF 95: Eiji, Takuma, Kyo
    KOF 98: Yashiro/Mature/Kyo
    Marvel vs Capcom 3: FUCK MARVEL 3
    you really belive that sega would port this, specially after taking the game out of sbo, and basically being the reason why this game didnt have a revision (asw wanted to do it, sega no, since they dont want to make 2d games anymore :( )
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,532
    bump. never let it die
    Damn it man, I thought there was news of a HnK2. :sad:

But a PSN version of this game with gdlk netcode would make my day.
    *insert generic shiny, glowy, and heavily photoshopped animu sig here*
    https://twitter.com/lchipoo
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,809
    You broke my heart. I thought this was getting bumped because of a PSN/360 Live port.

*dreams of a port with GGPO instead of having to drive 2 hours to Gameworks*

:'(
    Man at least your GW has it.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?