The Next Fist of the North Star/Hokuto no Ken thread

Comments

• psychochronicpsychochronic 5 fingers in a fist Joined: Posts: 1,854
    Downloadable videos please. :lovin:

An old SBO4 GVision qualifier uploaded weeks ago (I don't know if this was posted already):
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8ABE61345A0536BD

:looney:
    FGC Google Map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z7moF_GAiTa4.kxWOHrLkpOgM
    Photobucket: http://www.tinyurl.com/p9eu67p
    Youtube: psychochronic, psychorarity
  • SageSage 伝説の仙人 Joined: Posts: 1,729
    i like that dribbles are alowed. It makes all my hard work worth it lol

Im all for that. Thats the way HNK should be played.
    凸(▽皿▽#) FU
  • FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I was wondering about Souther Dribbles...

does anyone have the notations for the French Dribble on all? I can't seem to tell when I should be boosting the air cross.

Also on the kenshiro french dribble, where they do st.d, jupm cancel, j.d air dash, j.c, cr.C, I can't get more than like 4 crouching c's they keep popping down to fast.. is their some trick to it? Also does this only work in the p1 corner?
    <<>>
  • MizukiMizuki ayy lmao Joined: Posts: 3,200
    Not to kill hype for SBO HnK, but I think we should get hype for HnK at Evo instead of just all talking. Who's with me!
    www.twitter.com/thenipahhut
  • tianyuantianyuan I will be back... Joined: Posts: 574
    KI Rei qualified for SBO this weekend. :)
    Tetsu Rei also got qualified too! He almost lost to Toma in Rei mirror match final... So tight...
  • SageSage 伝説の仙人 Joined: Posts: 1,729
    Tetsu Rei also got qualified too! He almost lost to Toma in Rei mirror match final... So tight...

Where the matches at? KI is too broke.
    凸(▽皿▽#) FU
    KI's one probably didn't get recorded. Tetsu one's is Newtown, hopefully they have it.
  • psychochronicpsychochronic 5 fingers in a fist Joined: Posts: 1,854
    Me want vids! :smile:
    FGC Google Map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z7moF_GAiTa4.kxWOHrLkpOgM
    Photobucket: http://www.tinyurl.com/p9eu67p
    Youtube: psychochronic, psychorarity
  • Mr. MamationMr. Mamation True Love we Making Joined: Posts: 4,925
    KI's one probably didn't get recorded. Tetsu one's is Newtown, hopefully they have it.
    Does Tetsu still play? I know he was the best Rei back in the day
    I LOVE HnK
    and myself
    I am the most beautiful man on SRK
    Tetsu is still the best Rei and the "consultant of basketball"! XD
  • PHARAONPHARAON KenOH doesn't die Joined: Posts: 252
    Fuck basketball. Seriously. I can't stand that shit because it makes average players almost look dangerous.

I know we're in the SBO qualifier times and their vids are much more interesting, but we just came back from a big HNK clash in France, I thought I'd share.

Hokuto Shinken Successor Battle
    3 VS 3 Team - Kenshiro VS Toki
    Toki Team : Mr. Boost, Bibi, TokiM
    Kenshiro Team : Bol, Ganesh, Pharaon

Part 1 -
    Part 2 -
    Part 3 -

1 VS 1 Battles
    First to 10 Wins

Battle 1 - Pharaon [RA] VS Bibi [TO] -
    Battle 2 - TokiM [TO] VS Bibi [TO] -
    Battle 3 - TokiM [TO] VS Bol [KE] -
    Battle 4 - Pharaon [RA] VS Ganesh [RA] -
    Battle 5 - TokiM [TO] VS Ganesh [RA] -
    Battle 6 - Mr. Boost [TO] VS Bol [KE] -
    Battle 7 - Mr. Boost [TO] VS Ganesh [KE] -
    Battle 8 - Mr. Boost [TO] VS Bibi [TO] -
    Battle 9 - Bol [KE] VS Pharaon [RA] -

I still have :
    - all Mamuuuut's matches on mini-DVDs (he refused to play on PS2 and wanted to play on Atomiswave)
    - best battles between TokiM and me (with true colors this time ...)

Sorry for the video quality and sound delay and blame both Mr. Boost's console and fake RGB cable ...
    How do you effectively TK Raoh's spike? I can't get it all the time even though I have no problem doing southers... (Also if someone wants to go back and answer my souther questions that would be awesome)

Nice Matches Pharon!
    <<>>
    This guy is crazy! Check out the TRFM@STER series he made:
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/1624501

EDIT:
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2873910
    ^ Some of tidbits are actually pretty cool...
    How do you effectively TK Raoh's spike? I can't get it all the time even though I have no problem doing southers... (Also if someone wants to go back and answer my souther questions that would be awesome)

Nice Matches Pharon!
    if you are trying to do it in the combos then it will be hard becuase you need to TK it at the lowest point possile.
    I LOVE HnK
    and myself
    yeah exactly.. I can't seem to get the timing for it very well at all...
    <<>>
    Dan or Pharon would know better than I would but I just imput it as fast as possible. Acctually instead of TKing it I will jump cancel like normal and input the motion for knife spike really fast. Thats me though.
    I LOVE HnK
    and myself
  • Luigi-Bo 87Luigi-Bo 87 Tastemaker Joined: Posts: 4,395
    Who uses Shin well?
    "Every nigga that's ignorant is supporting my genius" - Elzhi
    "FRAYYYYYYYYY" - Fanatiq
    Musics - www.hypedog.co.uk
    Matches - www.youtube.com/user/luigiboverfinal
    half the poeple who play this game in the US
    I LOVE HnK
    and myself
  • Luigi-Bo 87Luigi-Bo 87 Tastemaker Joined: Posts: 4,395
    So does that make me the top Shin player???:lovin:
    "Every nigga that's ignorant is supporting my genius" - Elzhi
    "FRAYYYYYYYYY" - Fanatiq
    Musics - www.hypedog.co.uk
    Matches - www.youtube.com/user/luigiboverfinal
  • NokatoNokato Joined: Posts: 1,662
    Alot of people play Shin in the US. I play the game occassionally Shin, Raoh....my Raoh isn't Pharaon-status so I feel like its pretty shit. I hope to get some casuals if I make it out to C3, maybe.
  • Cardinal_SinCardinal_Sin scrubzilla Joined: Posts: 88
    yeah exactly.. I can't seem to get the timing for it very well at all...

In my experience 8214 is pretty hard to do reliably in a combo. 21475 seems to be the best input for me (it seems almost necessary to go back to the 5); I usually input the 2147 as fast as possible after i boost behind, then wait just a split second for the stick to go back to the middle before pressing D.

I'm not entirely sure the speed of the input is as important as the neutral 5 since other people tell me a slow 2147 works fine as long as you go back to the 5 in the end. However, fast 2147 then 5 works best for me since the split second of waiting deals with the minimum height requirement the TK sai has, which most other moves don't seem to have.
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge One Bad Day Joined: Posts: 16,507
    I need to learn Kenshiro. Who plays a great Kenshiro?
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • yetighettoslangyetighettoslang Demon Cradily! Joined: Posts: 492
    shin seems like one of the easier characters to use. Good for starting out with definetly. I recently got a copy of HNK, been using Raoh, heart, and jagi. Question, is jagi really THAT bad?! my friends juda was giving him a really hard tyme
    Drunken Master of Cincy
    VS- Victor/Sasquartch
  • NokatoNokato Joined: Posts: 1,662
    I need to learn Kenshiro. Who plays a great Kenshiro?

Dk played a pretty good Kenshiro way back...if anything its at least a good reference on where to start. There are some other ones out there but if anything, he gives a good example of what makes Kenshiro decent in the game. So just take some bits and pieces and then put it into how you would play the character yourself, and find your own mix-ups, yada, yada, yada.
    I looked at the Kenshiro guide on Dustloop and I am a member on hokutoforums. I'll take a look around. See what I can learn.

I'm thinking of learning Shin or Rei as well.

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    Ichi is now the best Kenshiro user in Japan.
  • G.O.TG.O.T #1 Haggar fan Joined: Posts: 2,164

hmmm...are there vids of ichi for me to find? Since Kenshiro is now my main, and Thouther is now my secondary.
    Fight Fo' Dah Future.
  • ZandwichZandwich prince of all saiyan Joined: Posts: 449
    I play Heart and Heart only, and I have need tips on setting up iteyo loops. I never see them used in matches, outside of the BD throw infinite, which I can set up just fine. The typhoon one I just dont get how to do at all (setups or the buttons to press), though, and I'm not sure if I should bother because I just never ever see it being done in match vids.
    here picture of king corn climbin a mountain
    Dan or Pharon would know better than I would but I just imput it as fast as possible. Acctually instead of TKing it I will jump cancel like normal and input the motion for knife spike really fast. Thats me though.

yeah when I tk it too fast I just get a super jump and then it doesn't seem to work. Oh well I'll just try and figure it out or something...
    <<>>
    I play Heart and Heart only, and I have need tips on setting up iteyo loops. I never see them used in matches, outside of the BD throw infinite, which I can set up just fine. The typhoon one I just dont get how to do at all (setups or the buttons to press), though, and I'm not sure if I should bother because I just never ever see it being done in match vids.

There is a video on youtube that shows I think regular old cr.b into itteyo loops...

there is a part two that shows it on everyone...

I personally think it's worth it because it turns a mr. heart with 1 meter into a fucking death machine, all off cr.b it's a big help for when you can get it. The video I posted explains it pretty well, except I don't know how to do that typhoon stop thing but i never looked into it. haha.
    <<>>
    Nice Ken he has there. What was it like teaming up with that guy?
    hmmm...are there vids of ichi for me to find? Since Kenshiro is now my main, and Thouther is now my secondary.
    I found some of these:

Friggin awesome Tian!

A whole playlist just for Kenshiro.:tup:

• Riot GuardRiot Guard Old School Joined: Posts: 3,907
    shin seems like one of the easier characters to use. Good for starting out with definetly. I recently got a copy of HNK, been using Raoh, heart, and jagi. Question, is jagi really THAT bad?! my friends juda was giving him a really hard tyme

I want to know too. Is Jagi playable at a high level? I play with Heart and Jagi and Jagi is my back up.
    Nice Ken he has there. What was it like teaming up with that guy?

It was just awesome. Thanks to him we finished at 3rd place of an official TRF 2 VS 2 tournament, I don't think he was confident when we started the tournament but he felt that I had some potential (I almost got Mago & Hige out of the tournament, lol).

Also, no one filmed it, but K.I also has a very strong Kenshiro.
    I'm a bit surprised that they skipped over so many of the HNK characters.*currently reading ch.223*

• soundwave23soundwave23 Joined: Posts: 68
    Hi all,

Is it possible to do 1:49 - 1:52 on the PS2? here is the link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rSvAFzInfXo

And what's the exact input for it?

Thanx in advance
  • Gwyrgyn BloodGwyrgyn Blood Joined: Posts: 682
    Answered you on DL but here it is again in case you miss it:

Yup, pretty standard Kenshiro stuff. To do it, you have to boost his C uppercut on the ground, then boost cancel on the third hit in the air. The combo is:

623C+E, A+C+E, D 236D > IAD j.A j.C |> D D 236236A
  • soundwave23soundwave23 Joined: Posts: 68
    Sorry for the DL post wanted to know! :-). Any way your help is very much appreciated thx Gwyrgyn Blood.