The Next Fist of the North Star/Hokuto no Ken thread

Comments

• Clear SkyClear Sky Wolf Shirt Joined: Posts: 3,301
    Is there any other shit besides Dustloop to get info on this game? The DL thread makes my head hurt.:sad:

Yeah...could use some more organization. Then again, the last time I went in there was in the early part of this year.

So basically, your screwed.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQA-KTzaPA
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
  • Mr. MamationMr. Mamation True Love we Making Joined: Posts: 4,925
    Funny how that message sounds familiar ... :wonder:
    You're almost 1 year late ... :arazz: :rofl:
    Last time my car broke down and I didnt have a job for a whole month.
    This time SHOULD be defferent as long as I land that security job.
    Yeah...could use some more organization. Then again, the last time I went in there was in the early part of this year.

So basically, your screwed.
    Whats wrong with the thread on dl? It has all the combos and frame data. What else do you need?
    I LOVE HnK
    and myself
    I am the most beautiful man on SRK
  • Luigi-Bo 87Luigi-Bo 87 Tastemaker Joined: Posts: 4,395
    Well the Shin thread sucks. I haven't looked at anyone elses.
    "Every nigga that's ignorant is supporting my genius" - Elzhi
    "FRAYYYYYYYYY" - Fanatiq
    Musics - www.hypedog.co.uk
    Matches - www.youtube.com/user/luigiboverfinal
  • MahoMaho Joined: Posts: 171
    Is there any other shit besides Dustloop to get info on this game? The DL thread makes my head hurt.:sad:

http://hokuto.freeforums.org/index.php
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge One Bad Day Joined: Posts: 16,496
    Well the Shin thread sucks. I haven't looked at anyone elses.

Nanto is inferior to Hokuto and they know it Luigi. THEY. KNOW. IT.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    Whats wrong with the thread on dl? It has all the combos and frame data. What else do you need?

Thinking about threads like The Odds and Ends. There's lots of great information in there, but you'd have to go through it quite a bit to find that kind of info on whatever character you play.
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
    Nanto is inferior to Hokuto and they know it Luigi. THEY. KNOW. IT.

:bluu:
    "FRAYYYYYYYYY" - Fanatiq
    The Odds and ends thread isnt even the thread you go to to find info on your character.
    As for shin thread, I trust Tian and highly doubt that there would be info on that character missing. I put a LOT of fucking work into the Rei thread so no one can say anything about that. In any case the odds and ends thread is more for videos than anything else.

To me it sounds like people are just bitching to bitch and dont want to put any real effort into it.

EDIT: Looking at the shin thread there is a LOT of fucking information and it is cleanly organized. Fucking no respect at all.
    I LOVE HnK
    and myself
    I've seen the work you guys put in the character threads. That's some of the best organization I've seen. Not even TZ has shit that cleaned up. It's easy to find and navigate. If people are bitching, then they are bitches with nothing to bitch about. I used the Kenshiro thread on Dl and the hokuto forums and I checked out the other characters as well. There's no way you can't find what you're looking for unless it's absolutely not there.

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • #8 with Hate#8 with Hate Mad Max Jr Joined: Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So yeah...to speak of something besides the game

I have all the new animes (Raoh Gaiden 1 & 2, Toki Den, Yuria Den), and if any of you haven't seen them, you're really missing out. Probably the best (or at least top 3) anime I've ever seen collectively.

I was wondering though, what is the correct order in which they should be watched? Chronologically I mean. I thought Raoh Gaiden 1 would be first, but then while watching Toki Den there's a scene where Raoh is talking about how Souther must be stopped....yet he died in Raoh Gaiden 1. And then in one of the other ones, I think Yuria, it like shows a flashback of the Ken/Souther fight.

I'm thinking Toki Den > Raoh Gaiden 1 > Yuria Den > Raoh Gaiden 2, but I'm not 100% sure.

And does anyone know when Kenshiro's part is supposed to be out?
    Life is a dream...are you awake?

aka #6 with Cheese / Sixshot / #7 with Heaven
    The Odds and ends thread isnt even the thread you go to to find info on your character.
    As for shin thread, I trust Tian and highly doubt that there would be info on that character missing. I put a LOT of fucking work into the Rei thread so no one can say anything about that. In any case the odds and ends thread is more for videos than anything else.

To me it sounds like people are just bitching to bitch and dont want to put any real effort into it.

EDIT: Looking at the shin thread there is a LOT of fucking information and it is cleanly organized. Fucking no respect at all.

LOL, no respect....Speaking of which, I heard apparently someone posted GCNET info on dloop and didn't give credit. If that's true that's really lame, but I'm not surprised as it's not the first time people have stole shit from that site and claimed it as their own.

Well, before I remember there were translated character strategies in that thread, and well, I always thought stuff like that would be nice to see in a small thread. Do I admit though I should have glanced at the boards before I made my post, because I just assumed that the place mostly hadn't changed that much since the last few times I went there. It was pretty dead there for quite awhile at one point of time.
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
    Anything and everything that I posted has been through what I practiced and seen in vids. I didnt EVER steal anything from someone, and if I did use somethign that someone else came up with I gave credit. I also gave credit to Tian for posting up the Frame data of each character that I assume he translated. All the combos that I took from the dvds I acctually listed thats where they came from. Other than that all the info that is up that I posted was 100% ligit and original.

Im just anrgy that people keep complaining about the character threads when I put a LOT of fucking effort into it.
    I LOVE HnK
    and myself
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,793
    ty with who do you play in hnk by the way?, its obvious that pharaon plays with raoh (i saw some videos of him).

funny thing that i get a neg rep for this post :bgrin

putting that apart, i think that the dl threads are very well organizated, you can find mostly what you need to begin with a char, and even you can find some usefull advanced stuff
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Gwyrgyn BloodGwyrgyn Blood Joined: Posts: 682
    The gameplay FAQ has a bunch of useful shit in it too: http://dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2689

Boosting TK'ed projectiles to do hop throws is a favorite pastime of mine.

Anyway, it's a shame that most of the threads there on DL are mostly just intermediate stuff, but the reason for that is that as interest in the game died out for most people, so did the interest in actually keeping the shit written down. As it is, most of the people who still play just learn the stuff on their own. Big postmortem thanks to everyone who put forth effort for the game though.
    No, obviously it's not you or any other OG poster. I know who it is but I'm not gonna say it, cuz I'm not interested in starting any drama. It's not anything worth starting any! ;)

Anyway, no need to get heated. What I said doesn't apply to you, and I already said it was my mistake. XOXO's? ;)
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
    Okay, i though you were accusing me of stealing shit.

Dan, yeah i wish people would play this more. I have fun everytime i bring it to the c3's. Its hard to get good or even want to get good when no one plays the game though. Perhaps if I lived in Japan i would have a ball with hnk but oh well.
    I LOVE HnK
    and myself
  • soundwave23soundwave23 Joined: Posts: 68
    Need help,
    It's about Raoh and i have a question about a particular section of his combo. Its about the 2C+boost, IAD,-B+boost, 214D. Do you need to wait until the motion is done from his 2C+boost in order to IAD. Or just IAD immediately after you done 2C+boost,regardless of the timing?
    Okay, i though you were accusing me of stealing shit.

Dan, yeah i wish people would play this more. I have fun everytime i bring it to the c3's. Its hard to get good or even want to get good when no one plays the game though. Perhaps if I lived in Japan i would have a ball with hnk but oh well.

You should meet up with J1n or Muprhagator, they love the shit out of this game. I've watched them go at it for hours before, just those two.
    "FRAYYYYYYYYY" - Fanatiq
  • G.O.TG.O.T #1 Haggar fan Joined: Posts: 2,164
    I want a Hokuto No Ken sequel damn it. Focusing on the later parts of season 1, and the final battle of Raoh. Although I'm sure they only did this as advertisement for the movie gaidens, but still a sequel would be nice.

Has anyone heard anything or rumors even the slightest hint at another one?
    Fight Fo' Dah Future.
  • opips2opips2 Joined: Posts: 724
    I think... use Raoh is legal on Evo Tournament because he is final boss in HNoK.
  • rogueyoshirogueyoshi Nothing Comes Easy Joined: Posts: 1,929
    I want a Hokuto No Ken sequel damn it. Focusing on the later parts of season 1, and the final battle of Raoh. Although I'm sure they only did this as advertisement for the movie gaidens, but still a sequel would be nice.

Has anyone heard anything or rumors even the slightest hint at another one?
    its called sengoku basara x
    nignagnog: minority report
    nignagnog: you got punished for your future crimes
    BossG: anybody that's black already suffers under pre-crime laws
  • G.O.TG.O.T #1 Haggar fan Joined: Posts: 2,164

If it don't have a nigga with 7 scars on his chest....then that sequel means nothing to me.
    Fight Fo' Dah Future.
  • Kakaroth79Kakaroth79 Hokuto No Coden Joined: Posts: 22

that joke is already long worn out...

even gameplay-wise, SBX is very different from HnK. :/
  • PHARAONPHARAON KenOH doesn't die Joined: Posts: 252
    http://dl.free.fr/mFCRsfKnc/12042008_PHA_VS_TKM.rar

A batch of 30 matches from April '08. ~500 Mb.
    Our very last Hokuto matches.

P1 - Pharaon - RAOH
    P2 - Toki Malfique - TOKI

Nice stuff from both sides but lots of dropped pokes/combos :xeye:
    Thanks for your Hokuto support all this time, and see you next month for the first batch of SBX casuals ! :china:
    Atomiswave system consolized has two DB-15 pinout for Neo Geo joystick connector and add select for Booster because those games are five buttons.

I'm not sure... Joypad converter for NeoGeo. Use your PSX joypad, Dualshock, or Dualshock2 on your NEO-GEO. I ordered it but that's working??

http://www.tototek.com/
    http://dl.free.fr/mFCRsfKnc/12042008_PHA_VS_TKM.rar

A batch of 30 matches from April '08. ~500 Mb.
    Our very last Hokuto matches.

P1 - Pharaon - RAOH
    P2 - Toki Malfique - TOKI

Nice stuff from both sides but lots of dropped pokes/combos :xeye:
    Thanks for your Hokuto support all this time, and see you next month for the first batch of SBX casuals ! :china:

The last HNK matches? That means you're dropping HNK?

maybe not dropping, but puting aside for a while for the sake of sbx, after all he is one of the most hyped persons about the game, he with ty is are the people who showed more support to game, thanx for the batch, your raoh is one of the few that i enjoyed most
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Thank you. Well, those were my last matches with Raoh, you might hear from me later with Kenshiro but I doubt so.

If you watch carefully the matches I've posted, you'll find many tricks to use with Raoh, for those who still care.

Sengoku Basara X and KOF'98 UM are calling me out ! :pray: :party:
    hnk still has a place in MY heart!

Luigi: Yeah, Jin is a cool ass guy. I talk to him every once in a while.
    I LOVE HnK
    and myself
    I've AW motherboard consolized.
    :encore: I got it HNK softwave kit for Atomiswave System. :encore:

Fedex tracking number # 863992333859

Whoo~!

I need practice. look freak the game. :party:
    :pray: Hokuto No Ken is 1#

:cool::smokin:
  • SageSage 伝説の仙人 Joined: Posts: 1,729
    http://www.popy.tv/niigata/page004.html

some Popy HNK.
    not sbo quals, sorry.
    凸(▽皿▽#) FU
    How to combo fatal K.O. from Kenshiro. I want to see fist of the millions 100 hits. please tell me.
    I challenged final bosses on mode normal for arcade. ROAH has restore life. WTF?!?
    lol, yes roah erestores life
    I LOVE HnK
    and myself
    its two on two? we should combine together to make team usa yes?

Its good to see that they went back to 3/5 rounds
    I LOVE HnK
    and myself
    Man, those matches aren't qualifiers, they are really old ! :looney:
  • SageSage 伝説の仙人 Joined: Posts: 1,729
    Man, those matches aren't qualifiers, they are really old ! :looney:

oops youre right , its only ST, VF5, and 3s.
    I just got exited cause I never saw those HNK ones.
    凸(▽皿▽#) FU
    is this a video from a final or only from a qualifier?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    hey opips2, what are the other 2 games in this pic
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9829/p1000463ph4wo4.jpg
    the two in the boxes
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)