The Next Fist of the North Star/Hokuto no Ken thread

Comments

• jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,872
    Yeah, i still go on nico now and then and look for trf stuff. Havent in about 2 months though. HNK is a goat game that needs a port with good netcode so i can be forever pleased with my gaming pleasures. If i was rich, id fund the shit myself, dont even want a cut for my work. I just want the god damn game online with some ggpo netcode.
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • Mitri MFMitri MF Joined: Posts: 433
    Yabanpaku 2014 is Hnk and 3rd Strike again:

logo.png
    http://www.yabanpaku.com/2014

Oct. 12 I think.
    There's an open 3vs3 tournament, and the teams are entering fast. About 30 teams already.
    And a special 15vs15 where you've to be voted in.

PS: Good job on the SRK wiki, Mashu!
  • KaneKane biding my time Joined: Posts: 388
    Mitri MF wrote: »
    Yabanpaku 2014 is Hnk and 3rd Strike again:

logo.png
    http://www.yabanpaku.com/2014

Oct. 12 I think.
    There's an open 3vs3 tournament, and the teams are entering fast. About 30 teams already.
    And a special 15vs15 where you've to be voted in.

PS: Good job on the SRK wiki, Mashu!

I know my reply is 1 month late but that tournament was godlike. That 15vs15 Nanto vs Hokuto tournament was beautiful. Can't wait for next year.

Props for Kokujin for running both HnK and 3S.
  • KYO84KYO84 Riddle Solver Joined: Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is there an archive?
    "Better that we die on our feet than live on our knees!" Magneto
    KYO84 wrote: »
    Is there an archive?

They have no twitch archives at all for yabanpaku, and the only videos i found on youtube were for all the 3s stuff.

BUT

I did search nicovideo and there appears to be 2 videos for yabanpaku hnk that total 37 minutes. Watching now

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24757023

LEMME GET DAT!
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    Is there an archive?

They have no twitch archives at all for yabanpaku, and the only videos i found on youtube were for all the 3s stuff.

BUT

I did search nicovideo and there appears to be 2 videos for yabanpaku hnk that total 37 minutes. Watching now

That' s not the complete archive. There is around 3 hours of HnK Yabanpaku footage divided in 10 videos for both the 3on3 and 15on15. I'm trying to edit and merge everything in one video before uploading to youtube.
    edited November 2014
    I decided to upload the videos individually in order to avoid a loss of quality and also to give propper credit to the original nico links. Special thanks to Nyaipasu for recording the twitch stream and uploading on nico nico:

Post edited by Kane on
    HOLY FUCK, ARE YOU SERIOUS. THANK YOU SO MUCH. HNK FO LIFE!!
    LEMME GET DAT!
    Oops, I just noticed they were having technical problems in the first video so the matches start in part 2. I'll make sure to update my post and delete the first link.
    Forgot to say thanks for uploading these. I just recently got this game running on my PC, now just need to get the locals to play it with me lol.
    2v2 Tournament archive.
    Forgot to say thanks for uploading these. I just recently got this game running on my PC, now just need to get the locals to play it with me lol.

Yeah, tell me about it. I'm trying to do the same here. So far its only me and 2 other players but I have been trying to convince a few of my friends to try the game out.

I recently got an atomiswave board with the game. I just need to decide on a supergun setup so I can bring the real thing to our gatherings.

I uploaded the Hyakugekisai tournament archive to my channel before twitch deletes the archives.
    Kane wrote: »

Yeah, tell me about it. I'm trying to do the same here. So far its only me and 2 other players but I have been trying to convince a few of my friends to try the game out.

I recently got an atomiswave board with the game. I just need to decide on a supergun setup so I can bring the real thing to our gatherings.

I uploaded the Hyakugekisai tournament archive to my channel before twitch deletes the archives.

Thanks. I was worried about that when i had saw they cleared some of their archives a few days after i started watching the HNK tournament. Now i can archive your archives. lol.

LEMME GET DAT!
    Yo I heard you like archives?
    edited May 2015
    This was on last night, and it was an HD stream of HNK. It was gloriously sexy. Kane, grab that shit and pop it on your youtube mane. Gotta hit dem archives

LEMME GET DAT!
    Archive is gone now. I'm so annoyed. Ugh, i didnt get to finish it yet. I knew i shouldve just downloaded it when i had the chance. Fucking japanese streams always taking down their archives in like 2 days and shit. God damn them.
    LEMME GET DAT!
    Archive can be found here. Its not in their past broadcast last i checked, but i guess as long as you still link to the original link, twitch still has the archive able to be viewed.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2015/5/4/archive-of-hokuto-no-ken-4th-sekimatsu-butoukai-final-tourna.html

I'm watching it now. Gonna try to download as much as i can of the 9 hours, hopefully all before the night ends.
    LEMME GET DAT!
    Ugh, KI's toki is so sick. That ish at like 1:19 and some change is noisty. Ive never seen ki play anything else except vanilla sf4 sagat, and he was good with him, but i dont think he played past early vanilla. Ive never seen his name in any guilty gear or blazblue videos. I coulda swore ive seen him in a guilty gear ac video, but i dont know. I really only know him for playing HNK, and im fine with that.

HNK is almost 10 years old in japan now, and still going strong. I love it.
    LEMME GET DAT!
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    Ugh, KI's toki is so sick. That ish at like 1:19 and some change is noisty. Ive never seen ki play anything else except vanilla sf4 sagat, and he was good with him, but i dont think he played past early vanilla. Ive never seen his name in any guilty gear or blazblue videos. I coulda swore ive seen him in a guilty gear ac video, but i dont know. I really only know him for playing HNK, and im fine with that.

HNK is almost 10 years old in japan now, and still going strong. I love it.

I have seen KI play a little bit of 3S with Kokujin once. He has a pretty good Yun.

I'm currently uploading the whole 9 hours in my channel in HD (5 more videos to go). I made sure to download the very next day.

I gotta say the Japanese step up their stream quality.

Shit looks crisp.

Youtube channel name: SoCalKane
  • PHARAONPHARAON KenOH doesn't die Joined: Posts: 252
    Japan never really stopped playing HNK. I still enjoy watching their ranbats / tournaments !
    If you browse niconico videos, you'll find weeks worth of footage ahah

(oh, and hello there, it's been a long time ;) )
    edited June 2015
    Just a heads up for my Hokuto brothers in SoCal, I heard Round 1 has new Japanese cabs and Hokuto is there for just 25 cents.

Also, I have been updating the Toki combo section in the SRK wiki using the jpn wiki as a base but I added a couple of combos from outside the wiki as well. I'll probably add more stuff in the future.

I tried to keep a similar layout to the style that guy that was working before me was using (he was also using the jpn wiki as a main source).

After I'm done with Toki, I'll start working on the Rei combo section. No need to touch Raoh, Shin, and Kenshiro since I think Mashu (from Dustloop) did a very good job in their respective wikis. I just wished he was around to translate the matchup section for the other characters.
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,842
    the FGC really should request Sega and Arc System Works to bring Hokuto No Ken to PS4, at least the Japanese version, we can then import it region free using Japan codes from online stores. with the 2017 tournaments, it shows more incentives to make it playable on PS4.

Hokuto No Ken is ahead of its time, PS2 wasn't the best market for it, and PS4 being so prosperous, the game really would get more sales and new generation of Hokuto No Ken brothers and sisters playing and enjoying the game.

even if it was a straight PS2 port, wouldn't mind, it would still get trophies at least and finally playable on PS4, which people can Share upload youtube videos directly, so there can be more active community and matches shared than on ps2. So PS4 is greater for it . It really is the greatest 2D fighting game and 2D combat system ever

http://shoryuken.com/2017/05/09/youre-already-dead-on-site-at-the-fist-of-the-north-star-national-championships/

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Fist_of_the_North_Star_(arcade)/How_to_play

edited May 22
  • PurplePonyArcadePurplePonyArcade Pretentious Android Joined: Posts: 257
    Always been intrigued by the amazing and stupid game. I have just never had the chance to play it and do not know if I ever will.
    The world needs more folk metal
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 459
    affinity wrote: »
    the FGC really should request Sega and Arc System Works to bring Hokuto No Ken to PS4, at least the Japanese version, we can then import it region free using Japan codes from online stores. with the 2017 tournaments, it shows more incentives to make it playable on PS4.

Hokuto No Ken is ahead of its time, PS2 wasn't the best market for it, and PS4 being so prosperous, the game really would get more sales and new generation of Hokuto No Ken brothers and sisters playing and enjoying the game.

even if it was a straight PS2 port, wouldn't mind, it would still get trophies at least and finally playable on PS4, which people can Share upload youtube videos directly, so there can be more active community and matches shared than on ps2. So PS4 is greater for it . It really is the greatest 2D fighting game and 2D combat system ever

LMAO hahaha. Hilarious I like your use of brothers and sisters like we are in a congregation. I really want to like this broken game as a fan of the anime series, I can't.
    That acho video was hard to sit through those combos. You preach like the pastor that resolves people's problems every weekend.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,144
    If you do not enjoy watching Hokuto no Ken matches you have no soul.
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,256
    Kane wrote: »
    After many years HNK will be back at EVO again as part of the animEVO lineup.

I'll be running a tourney along with Hagure, make sure to sign up if anyone is planning to attend this year:

https://smash.gg/tournament/animevo-2017/events

We'll be running in real arcade hardware so no worries about Juda's assist placement and such.

Do people still discuss this game in any capacity? Some other forum perhaps? I was trying to get Raoh help, but no luck.

• Yuri_AcTNYuri_AcTN All the best things are collectives. Joined: Posts: 1,174
    There's a Discord group that discusses HnK: https://discordapp.com/invite/e9fjQqS
    Twitter: @YuriAkushon | XBL: Yuri Action
  • guyvin_juyvin_83guyvin_juyvin_83 Veni Vidi Vici Joined: Posts: 77
    Hokuto no ken for ps2 (arc systems). There was a HD version iirc, is this still obtainable or only on psn years ago?

I just managed to get my ps2 to play imports/dvdr and man this game is awesome :) would love to online with this !
  • PurplePonyArcadePurplePonyArcade Pretentious Android Joined: Posts: 257
    Hokuto no ken for ps2 (arc systems). There was a HD version iirc, is this still obtainable or only on psn years ago?

I just managed to get my ps2 to play imports/dvdr and man this game is awesome :) would love to online with this !

It was on PSN?
    The world needs more folk metal
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,739
    There is no HD version.
    The game was only released on PS2 so far.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,083

Used to love this game back in the day, and it is absolutely jam-packed with references to the anime. Many of which you won't even notice/get unless you watched the show in it's entirety.
  • oygoyg A new school OG. Joined: Posts: 602
    I remember all the hype. Still love this game. Wondered if they read my combo guides back on dustloop forums.
    Violence is a beauttttiful thing!
    oyg wrote: »
    I remember all the hype. Still love this game. Wondered if they read my combo guides back on dustloop forums.

the entire fighting game communities should flood Sega and ASW with requests for HNK port on PS4!

at least if the Japanese fanbase get them to do so, then everyone else could at least import it on PSN.
    maybe Code Mystics could bring it to PS4 with online play too.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,739
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)