Marvel Comics Thread

SanoSano SRKSANO on PS4 Joined: Posts: 12,972 mod
This thread is all about Marvel comics. Captain America, Spider-Man, Iron Man Wolverine, Thor, Hulk, Daredevil, X-Men, Avengers and all of the Marvel characters you know from the Marvel vs. Capcom games and many many more! Feel free to discuss anything related to Marvel from comics, movies, cartoons, etc.

Just remember, not everyone is reading what you are so use spoiler tags when necessary.

"THIS ONE'S FOR JJ!" :rofl:

So to kick things off, here's the Marvel comics I read this week.

Civil War The Initiative - Oh nos Bendis is talking about Xorn again, please make him stop! Silvestri's pencils were great but parts of the book were reprints of a few pages from Captain America to Mighty Avengers.

Sensational Spider-Man - This was really cool because there was a bunch of Spider-Man knock offs and they all had different Spider-Man suits! One of them wore the Scarlet Spider-Man outfit and another wore the Spidey-Armor suit seen in Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter!

Wolverine was.... strange. Spoilers -
Okay, I was happy there was red blood in the book because there usually isn't any when Wolverine and Sabretooth fight, they usually swap it out with brown, black, purple blood and whatever color they can come up with that's not red. Granted, they didn't use the bright colored 52 blood that I've been digging but so long as it's a shade of red I'm happy. But this was... really odd. Wolverine chopped off Sabretooth's hand off! Sabretooth put his hand back on and it healed back into place. Um... WHAT? Since when can he pull an Absorbing Man in Secret Wars trick? Oh J.Loeb what is you doing....

Comments

• DSDS Hell Revealed Joined: Posts: 4,904
    OH OH!!! I wanna be the first post!
    Captain America is dead!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!

I read last week's Amazing Spiderman and it was alright. For some reason, I'm not big on "angry" Peter Parker. But, when shit hits the fan for Aunt May, somebody's gotta pay. And the fact that he had the suit hidden aside a building for so long almost makes me wonder if he just strolled by to keep webbing it up every now and again. There should a 12 part story discussing that. I'd buy it.

I wasn't too keen on Civil War the Initiative. But.......
    making Xorn the new Guardian was pretty cool. I guess.

And I finally scored a copy of Cap A #25, so I'll read that and The Confession this weekend.

Ultimate Power was pretty weak. It's really playing out like any old school FF story where Reed does something stupid involving another dimension and fucking shit up for those people. I felt like I read this before in a past life. Excelsior?
    <Chibi> ill make sure to have komi invite you when he weds his hug pillow though
    <@bellreisa>; you may now kiss the waifu
    <@bellreisa>; if you're lucky she might even kiss back
  • Pained AuronPained Auron teh cock of justice Joined: Posts: 2,098
    5 paeg preview for hulk #105

http://www.popcultureshock.com/index.php?p=41296

there will be hell to pay
    R.I.P. Brian Graham aka Mummy-B 3-28-82 - 8-25-04
    with blood and rage of crimson red..ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.together with our hellish hate.we'll burn you all-THAT IS YOUR FATE
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,372 mod
    Guess this is my new home...
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • SanoSano SRKSANO on PS4 Joined: Posts: 12,972 mod
    And the fact that he had the suit hidden aside a building for so long almost makes me wonder if he just strolled by to keep webbing it up every now and again. There should a 12 part story discussing that. I'd buy it.

Yeah someone brought that up at Newsarama. Apparently Spider-Man when he had web shooters officially uses a weaker strain of webbing that will disolve in a few hours so criminals can get arrested by cops, but if not for that the webbing can last for years.

JMS messed up though. May's Maiden name isn't Fitzgerald, it's Reilly. Unless this is something they decided to retcon or something...
  • ShinkuuRShinkuuR Still Pissed Joined: Posts: 1,070
    I started reading Planet Hulk lastnight. I've never picked up a Hulk comic before because he doesn't really interest me(except when he's going apeshit on people), but I'm very much liking the fact that he can get his ass handed to him on this planet. Looking forward to WWH at this rate.
    Being the only person to follow the rules, and then getting mocked relentlessly by my peers for it... that's the kind of shit that creates supervillans.
    -Shaft Agent

SF4 Rose matches: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinkuuR
  • WolfkillerWolfkiller Equal Opportunity Destroyer Joined: Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Wolverine was.... strange. Spoilers -
    Okay, I was happy there was red blood in the book because there usually isn't any when Wolverine and Sabretooth fight, they usually swap it out with brown, black, purple blood and whatever color they can come up with that's not red. Granted, they didn't use the bright colored 52 blood that I've been digging but so long as it's a shade of red I'm happy. But this was... really odd. Wolverine chopped off Sabretooth's hand off! Sabretooth put his hand back on and it healed back into place. Um... WHAT? Since when can he pull an Absorbing Man in Secret Wars trick? Oh J.Loeb what is you doing....

Seriously...what the hell are they doing? Looks like they are trying to give Wolvie and 'Tooth new origins or something. Really effin weird origins at that.
    Shin-Mech-Brian: As I walk through, I look up and see Chun-Li holding my son and she says, "arrest him!" Ronald McDonald pulls up from behind me and put me in handcuffs. I ask why I'm being arrested and he says, "I'm under arrest for killing Santa Clause."
    http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=106880

why couldn't that be required reading for me when i was in school?
    with blood and rage of crimson red..ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.together with our hellish hate.we'll burn you all-THAT IS YOUR FATE
  • SerpentSerpent Holy Phoenix Joined: Posts: 3,730
    Seriously...what the hell are they doing? Looks like they are trying to give Wolvie and 'Tooth new origins or something. Really effin weird origins at that.

A lot of what they do with those two is retarded now, Wolverine should NOT be able to regenerate completely from just his skeleton in the time it takes for someone to be blown off in a short cell phone call. Hell, he really shouldn't be able to regenerate from that state period. I guess he was just playing all those times that he took longer to recover, also one wonders how punching him or anything like that could actually cause enough harm to take him out of commission. It's just....annoying.

I like angry Spidey, but I doubt they'll take it anywhere. Also...doesn't everyone already know who he is now? How are they going to take care of that little problem?
  • coco_jcoco_j Joined: Posts: 330
    ^ Isn't One More Day going to fix that? And the marriage :(
    One More Day isn't going to fix his identity thing according to Marvel, they are gonna keep Spidey's identity known to the public for a while AFAIK, could be wrong but I haven't read otherwise. Something is supposed to happen with the marriage though we just don't know what. Quesada said before he doesn't want to divorce them or kill of MJ because he wants to perserve the youth of Spider-Man and a divorcee or a widow isn't going to do that. Well we'll see what happens...
    Man, how do you make EVERYONE forget who Spidey is? Unless they're gonna do a Men In Black crossover and pull out a huge Neuralizer from the Statue of Liberty, I don't see how you can execute this.
    <Chibi> ill make sure to have komi invite you when he weds his hug pillow though
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i think we should merge marvel and dc threads
  • eddymastaeddymasta The Man Without Fear Joined: Posts: 702
    Daredevil ftw!

That is all :)
    GGPO: Angrylobster
    It's only been a few days but it seems like having both Marvel and DC Threads is working out great, so unless a large amount of people want me to merge them down the road I'll keep it as is for now. :smile:
  • coco_jcoco_j Joined: Posts: 330
    Yeah I prefer them separate since I don't read DC. thanx
  • The WandererThe Wanderer Joined: Posts: 35
    Man, how do you make EVERYONE forget who Spidey is? Unless they're gonna do a Men In Black crossover and pull out a huge Neuralizer from the Statue of Liberty, I don't see how you can execute this.
    With Dr. Strange and all the high level psychics and reality warpers around, it is possible. The main problem is our reaction, an outrageous one would lead to a retcon. That's why they're trying to come up with something that will leave the fandom at ease.

So far I loved how the One More Day previews
    Peter literally webbed the crap out of Tony, stopping his Uni Beam and his Rocket Boots, HIS UNI BEAM AND ROCKET BOOTS !
  • SerpentSerpent Holy Phoenix Joined: Posts: 3,730
    With Dr. Strange and all the high level psychics and reality warpers around, it is possible. The main problem is our reaction, an outrageous one would lead to a retcon. That's why they're trying to come up with something that will leave the fandom at ease.

So far I loved how the One More Day previews
    Peter literally webbed the crap out of Tony, stopping his Uni Beam and his Rocket Boots, HIS UNI BEAM AND ROCKET BOOTS !

Everyone already thinks civil war was a stupid idea though, so it might actually NOT piss everyone off as much as it otherwise would.

But, then it ruins the awesomeness of The New Avengers. And that book has been ridiculously hot post-Civil War. So in the end, it's all gonna suck no matter what.

I'd hate to say it, but my money is on Scarlett Witch retconning shit. I just smell it. You just can't bring her back and say, "Well, she's back guys! EXCELSIOR!"

That isn't gonna fly. Especially after Civil War ended so horribly.
    Heh, to my suprise Marvel did go over May's maiden name accidentally being Fitzgerald and the webbing ordeal in the last issue of Amazing Spider-Man.

Q: Themanofbat 03-24-2007 05:15 PM

Inasmuch as I've enjoyed JMS' run on Amazing Spider-Man, I've really got to wonder who edits his books, because a few doozies really got by the last issue (ASM #539).

First of all, why does Peter refer to Aunt May's maiden name as Fitzgerald when it's been pretty much established as being Reilly?

Secondly, how does Marvel explain the webbing that holds up his black costume at the end of the issue? His old chemically made webbing dissolved within an hour or two, and though we've yet to hear how long his new organic webbing lasts, it can't be forever. Because if it does, then Peter kills the cop in ASM #539 by suffocating him with his webbing (on account that it would have covered his face for faaaaaaaaaaaar too long)?

JQ: Hey, Themanofbat, thanks for the question. As to the first part, Axel, who edits the book, wanted to explain.

Axel Alonso: That was an error. Just slipped through the cracks. JMS emailed us to fact-check Aunt May's maiden name, and in a glitch, we gave him the wrong name. It was one of those "D'oh!" moments that just got past everyone here. We've fixed it for the second print and the trade.

JQ: There you go, Themanofbat, you get yourself a NoPrize! Expect that not to be in the mail.

As for the second half, JMS himself has you answer.

JMS: Going in reverse order...whether or not the webbing lasted over an hour or not is not relevant to the cop, who would have suffocated within minutes if it had covered his nose and mouth, but it did not. The only purpose was to immobilize him.

Second, it's been established that Peter had to modify his original web fluid so that it dissolved within an hour to insure that nobody got trapped there for an undetermined amount of time and potentially died. Since we did not see the scene in which he puts the costume up there, I would submit to you that he used the unmodified, longer lasting webbing. Since each new batch has to be changed in order to make it last an hour, having the basic materials to put it there would not have been difficult.

Source -

http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/NewJoeFridays41.html
  • hold dathold dat I Strike Joined: Posts: 1,321
    Marvel made it official that spidey is now a 25 tonner...the boy keeps getting stronger
    The Killers Revival...coming soon
    Well, I have the 'Fitzgerald' issue. Does that mean I'm rich? =p

Off topic: Yo, Sano! For the next 52 Poo, I'm willing to depart with my 1st print Superman Red/Superman Blue with all extras intact AND in the original polybag. :rofl:
    Well, I have the 'Fitzgerald' issue. Does that mean I'm rich? =p

Off topic: Yo, Sano! For the next 52 Poo, I'm willing to depart with my 1st print Superman Red/Superman Blue with all extras intact AND in the original polybag. :rofl:

So you were the one that paid money for that! :rofl:

Hey if you're willing to part with it that's fine. Seriously though, think about it. You may want to line a birdcage one day. :rofl:

J/K. Seriously though, never read it, the concept just always sounded... um, not good... I suppose that makes it a good 51 Poo! Prize though. :sweat:
    Marvel made it official that spidey is now a 25 tonner...the boy keeps getting stronger
    Yep, he begun with class 10 strength, when he was a 15 years old boy; the Avengers Dissassembled arc left him with a nifty +5 ton bonus and the organic webshooters. And "The Other" further increased his strength, gave him some new powers and apparently took his webbing to the next level.

If MvC3 ever comes out (. . .), I hope Spidey gets the treatment he deserves.

i'm also willing to throw in the first appearance of maggot to the winner. christ was he lame.
    Wow two gifts! And more material, I was seriously running out of Liefeld jokes. :wgrin:

For everyone who doesn't know what the Hell we are talking about I'll go into the 51 Poo thing on the DC thread when I get a free minute...
    If MvC3 ever comes out (. . .), I hope Spidey gets the treatment he deserves.

I don't know man I sure don't want his fake Wolverine claws AKA his stingers popping out when he fights Darkstalkers. See, they come out randomly when he fights against magical / mystical people. :rofl:

Stray thought, now that he has those white triangle things on the back of his hands because of the black suit, the fake Wolverine claws can come out of there! BRILLIANT! Then again... those stingers are really lame... glad no one is writing about those things...
    Wow two gifts! And more material, I was seriously running out of Liefeld jokes. :wgrin:

hell i think i also have the one where they explain why he follows magneto. (something about mags saving him)

i think i might also throw in the magneto war. if i can find that. i'd give out my 1st print of cap 25, but i don't like you guys that much.

deathscythe ima smack you in the face with a trout at evo. just cause
    deathscythe ima smack you in the face with a trout at evo. just cause

I, as well, own the first appearance of Maggot AND Cecilia Reyes. Because I am awesome. I also part with that four part crapper that John Byrne wrote to end off the first volume of all the key Spidey books. The title escapes me. I have a lot of goodies I can get rid of to clear my name.

Also, Ever, I shall counter this trout with my God Fist Smash. Be ready.
    Yeah the Maggot / Magneto thing was where they revealed his origin. I have the comics with his and Cecilia's first appearance too but for some reason I hate parting with Uncanny / Regular X-Men and / or Spider-Man comics in any capacity, no matter how bad they are. Well, Liefeld hasn't messed with either too much... And Devin Grayson hasn't written for either AFAIK...
    ok i need to dig up the epilogue to operation zero tolerance. i'm sure someone would appreciate getting that gem.

anyone looking to trade for a moon knight 6 bloody variant? i have an extra if anyone wants to trade for it. i should be getting my books that i sent to cgc back this week. (hopefully)
  • m121akumam121akuma Power to Tearer Joined: Posts: 1,993
    I was wondering where all the comic talk from GD went...
    Me: You want a new console game? That's nice. Here's a new arcade version. Keep those petitions coming, we need more toilet paper
    FurryCurry: lol. make that your srk sig.
    Me: Done and done
  • flyboyz2000kflyboyz2000k Joined: Posts: 33
    The only way to makes the fact that everyone knows spider-mans identity is probably form him to change his identity to ben rieley and hope that MJ and aunt may die so he doesn't have anything holding him back.

Mighty avengers team isn't really my cup of tea, but cant help but pick up any comic with iron man in it; it is the suit. Secret avengers next issue is going to be really good. I hate ms. marvel, she is such a bi*ch.

Anyone keping up with the ultimate universe? UFF god war arc was going good all the way until they introduced thanos and ronan. the way they were introduced felt like it was rushed and it was pretty much just for the sales instead of the story. USM clone saga was horrible in my opinion and too many clones. UXM wolverine? cable? Professor X? No X-men? If magneto doesn't comeback soon to knock some sense into cyclops I consider that a wasted arc. Ultimate Power is ver good in my opinion people should read it. Also if you like UP pick up squadron supreme.

Runaways had the best ending if you didn't read it go read it now. I cant wait for what the new writers have in store for the next arc. IS young avengers coming back or not? I hope so I dont want another Ultimate wolverine vs Hulk.

WWH is going to be awesome; very, very awesome.

Looking forward to Omega flight 1 and for a short series Zemo is a really good series.
    Yes I have debated against her, and yes she is hard headed, but it is still funny as hell.
    anyone picking up avengers the initiative tomorrow?
  • akumatruniggaakumatrunigga Joined: Posts: 3,312
    Finished reading BP # 26 (i think)
    Joins the FF 4 a short period of time. But some bugs from the negative zone has landed in the baxter building
    I'll may get the rest of the short saga with the FF comics as well. But after reading a couple of the post-civil war tie-ins. I've decided to give em a chance.
    Xanatos: You know the answer to that Owen. Pay a man enough, and he'll walk barefoot into hell.
    Actually, the stingers pop out whenever Peter is startled/shocked, that's why he has yet to learn to use them :P
  • TaichiTaichi Fuck Heroics. Joined: Posts: 1,462
    I just bought the last Marvel Comic I plan on buying for a while.

Captain America #25, Special Reprint Edition.

after Civil War, I'm gonna leave Marvel alone for a bit......at least until Marvel Zombies shows up in my neck of the woods, in TPB.

anywho, I have a request if anybody actually saved a copy:

I'm looking for the Daily Bugle (special comic Store promo) from when Spider Man unmasked........it's got the headline "Parker, You're Fired!", I picked one up, but it got lost, or thrown out when I moved, and I really wanna read it.

if anybody's got one, I'll give you a couple of bucks for it.

LMK.
    Now at Midnight, all the agents, and superhuman crew go out and round up everyone that knows more than they do...
    Member- SRK Cobra Kai. "GET 'IM A BODY BAG!"
    Actually, the stingers pop out whenever Peter is startled/shocked, that's why he has yet to learn to use them :P

ACK! I accidentally screwed up your post and shortened it, tried to hit the quote button and went for one of my extra mod edit buttons by mistake, not used to having to worry about this when talking about Marvel comics soooo sorry. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

But yeah, I thought in that Pro Wrestler issue they made a note of him popping the stingers out because the guy was using magic. I'll have to go look at it again...
  • tajiritajiri hates you Joined: Posts: 1,253
    the stingers are a really bad concept for spidey.
    when you think about it, a weapon/defense like that is geared for cqc.
    more direct, intense, brutal combat.
    not something that spidey's character has been written for.

imo.

:/
    after reading hulk 105 all i have to say is that the illuminati and earth are royally fucked
    I liked Yu's pencils much more in Fallen Son that came out today then I did in New Avengers. Much much MUCH more. Except for one panel where Wolverine was dropping down to a lower lever that Winter Soldier fell in where Logan looked pretty akward the rest of the book looked amazing. I'm starting to think Yu is just not a team book person, to my eyes anyway.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    anyone picking up avengers the initiative tomorrow?

I'm reading it right now and... wow. Never knew what hit 'im.

"You okay? That last shot was pretty close. It didn't graze you ,did--" *ZLAK!!*

After finishing reading: That's fucked up. It wasn't even her fault.
  • m121akumam121akuma Power to Tearer Joined: Posts: 1,993
    This week's reads for me:
    Hulk: Can't WAIT for WW Hulk. I hope Tony gets torn the fuck up.

Fallen Son: Very well written. "What's the gun for, Logan?" lol
    Me: You want a new console game? That's nice. Here's a new arcade version. Keep those petitions coming, we need more toilet paper
    FurryCurry: lol. make that your srk sig.
    Me: Done and done
    :rofl:
    I liked Yu's pencils much more in Fallen Son that came out today then I did in New Avengers. Much much MUCH more. Except for one panel where Wolverine was dropping down to a lower lever that Winter Soldier fell in where Logan looked pretty akward the rest of the book looked amazing. I'm starting to think Yu is just not a team book person, to my eyes anyway.

Other Marvel comics I read this week:

Ms. Marvel - Julia Carpenter, Iron Man and a suprise Iron Man villain at the end of the issue. I felt like I was home watching the 90s Iron Man cartoon!
    Modok oh yeah!

Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness - Ha ha Ash is too funny. The routine he did with Spider-Man kept reminding me of Bruce's appearances in the Spider-Man movies ha ha! Checking out Dazzler's butt for zombie bites Ash is the man! :rofl: What a cliffhanger ending wasn't expecting that to happen....

Omega Flight: Man after that Civil War Daily Bugle special where USAgent was talking crap and calling Captain America a pansy I expected more of that in the first issue of Omega Flight #1 but he's not even in the book! Hopefully the USAgent dose of Hatorade will be all over issue #2...

Avengers The Initiative - Okay now how did the writer Slott get me to care about a character they killed in the same issue? I Gotta stop sleeping on Slott...

Friendly Spider-Man - Great read as always. Spider-Man and Sandman banter is too funny. Peter David remembered that Spider-Man doesn't have a Driver's License, that was brought up last year too I think by Bendis. :rofl: Alternate reality Uncle Ben is over and done with thank goodness and the mystery of who Ms. Arrow still deepens...
  • ShinkuuRShinkuuR Still Pissed Joined: Posts: 1,070
    My reads this week:

Hulk: Man WWH can't come fast enough. He's gonna fuck someone up!! I'd had my fill of ethical discussions and dick swinging with Civil War, I wanna see some good old fashion asswhoopin, and Hulk is gonna do that. WARBOUND BITCHES!!!

Runaways: I'm glad that Whedon didn't sap the team's wit out of the book, but I gotta ask wtf is he doing with that last page?? Sending HIM after them? Crazy.

The art's not bad, but not as good as before. Meh.

Initiative: The whole time I was reading it, I had a flashback to the first couple of chapters of that X-Men Academy X book(before they changed the name to New X-Men)...but I liked this version alot less for some reason. Plus they got rid of the most badass person in the issue. Sucks.

I'll read Fallen Son when I get home from work.
    Being the only person to follow the rules, and then getting mocked relentlessly by my peers for it... that's the kind of shit that creates supervillans.
    -Shaft Agent

SF4 Rose matches: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinkuuR
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,031
    after reading hulk 105 all i have to say is that the illuminati and earth are royally fucked

I dunno, have you seen Namor fight? He knocked Hulk out with one punch, ONE!

Marvel comic reads for me keep getting slimmer and slimmer. I stopped UFF when the crap God War came around, USM I still read, just because I need some Spidey in my life. WWH I want to read because A: I like Hulk and B: A lot of bastards will be beaten on (Tony Stark, Ms. Marvel, etc.). Annihilation is the best thing they are producing, and I'm waiting for the sequel, Wraith looks fucking awesome.

Also on the Spidey identity thing, he could pull a Tony Stark and Build one of those mind wipe towers and make them forget...you know, because that shit is plausible.

Namor's new comic will be sweet....I hope...

Also when the hell is Ultimates #13 coming out? I love that comic, but when you stretch that love consequences aren't far behind.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • BBCampbellBBCampbell Busy bein' DELICIOUS Joined: Posts: 514
    Anyone keping up with the ultimate universe? UFF god war arc was going good all the way until they introduced thanos and ronan. the way they were introduced felt like it was rushed and it was pretty much just for the sales instead of the story. USM clone saga was horrible in my opinion and too many clones. UXM wolverine? cable? Professor X? No X-men? If magneto doesn't comeback soon to knock some sense into cyclops I consider that a wasted arc. Ultimate Power is ver good in my opinion people should read it. Also if you like UP pick up squadron supreme.

Actually, Ultimate Marvel is the only Marvel I read (Okay, I picked up Deadly Genesis, and House of M and am awaiting Civil War, but I mostly stay away from 616. Too much continuity that I don't care to follow.)

My takes on:

Ultimate Spider-Man: I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I have yet to read a bad USM arc. Well... okay Deadpool sucked ass, but 16 out of 17 ain't bad. I liked the clone saga and would like to know more about Spider-Woman, Scorpion and Gwen "Carnage" Stacy (bullshit move as that was). Hmm... now that I think about it, there were some sucky moves done by BMB, but it's still mostly good. Personally though, even though there's a high chance the arc will suck, I want to see Ultimate Venom again.

The Ultimates: Fucking awesome. Just... when... are... they... going... to... release... the... next... issue...? Seriously, they should be on like Ultimates 5 by now.

Ultimate Fantastic Four: Ultimate Sue Storm rocks my world! Seriously, she has to be the most badass female character in UltiMarvel. Also, F4 as a whole is probably the best Ultimazation there is right now. I mean, for the longest time, the Fantastic Four were some of the most boring heroes ever, but not UF4. Although Ultimate Doom is teh ghey. Goat hooves FTL.

Ultimate X-men: Weak for the longest time. Jumped the shark at about the "New Mutants" arc. Also, Cable as Wolverine? WTF? And now they're bringing Beast back? Oh, Fuck you Marvel. Moving Kitty Pryde to USM is probably the best thing they could have done for her.
    Chun-Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his life. You had him shot as you ran away... a hero at a thousand paces.
    Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it. For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.
    For me... It was Tuesday...
    I dunno, have you seen Namor fight? He knocked Hulk out with one punch, ONE!

I dunno if I'm right or what, but Namor has been getting nerfed over the years IMO. I smell this ending in bullshit. I called it, folks. Utter bullshit.
  • nameingwaynameingway I say thee nay Joined: Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    he knocked hulk over and then hulk was restrained by thanos. that is the only time i can think of where namor went at hulk 1 on 1.
  • TaichiTaichi Fuck Heroics. Joined: Posts: 1,462
    I just read Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness.

heh.

anyway, the only Marvel Title I've been considering reading is Moon Knight, and Power Pack.

but there's just so much DC out there I wanna read, that adding Marvel Titles just doesn't feel right.
    Now at Midnight, all the agents, and superhuman crew go out and round up everyone that knows more than they do...
    Member- SRK Cobra Kai. "GET 'IM A BODY BAG!"