Marvel Comics Thread

Comments

• SanoSano SRKSANO on PS4 Joined: Posts: 13,038 mod
    I liked Yu's pencils much more in Fallen Son that came out today then I did in New Avengers. Much much MUCH more. Except for one panel where Wolverine was dropping down to a lower lever that Winter Soldier fell in where Logan looked pretty akward the rest of the book looked amazing. I'm starting to think Yu is just not a team book person, to my eyes anyway.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    anyone picking up avengers the initiative tomorrow?

I'm reading it right now and... wow. Never knew what hit 'im.

"You okay? That last shot was pretty close. It didn't graze you ,did--" *ZLAK!!*

After finishing reading: That's fucked up. It wasn't even her fault.
  • m121akumam121akuma Power to Tearer Joined: Posts: 1,993
    This week's reads for me:
    Hulk: Can't WAIT for WW Hulk. I hope Tony gets torn the fuck up.

Fallen Son: Very well written. "What's the gun for, Logan?" lol
    Me: You want a new console game? That's nice. Here's a new arcade version. Keep those petitions coming, we need more toilet paper
    FurryCurry: lol. make that your srk sig.
    Me: Done and done
    :rofl:
    I liked Yu's pencils much more in Fallen Son that came out today then I did in New Avengers. Much much MUCH more. Except for one panel where Wolverine was dropping down to a lower lever that Winter Soldier fell in where Logan looked pretty akward the rest of the book looked amazing. I'm starting to think Yu is just not a team book person, to my eyes anyway.

Other Marvel comics I read this week:

Ms. Marvel - Julia Carpenter, Iron Man and a suprise Iron Man villain at the end of the issue. I felt like I was home watching the 90s Iron Man cartoon!
    Modok oh yeah!

Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness - Ha ha Ash is too funny. The routine he did with Spider-Man kept reminding me of Bruce's appearances in the Spider-Man movies ha ha! Checking out Dazzler's butt for zombie bites Ash is the man! :rofl: What a cliffhanger ending wasn't expecting that to happen....

Omega Flight: Man after that Civil War Daily Bugle special where USAgent was talking crap and calling Captain America a pansy I expected more of that in the first issue of Omega Flight #1 but he's not even in the book! Hopefully the USAgent dose of Hatorade will be all over issue #2...

Avengers The Initiative - Okay now how did the writer Slott get me to care about a character they killed in the same issue? I Gotta stop sleeping on Slott...

Friendly Spider-Man - Great read as always. Spider-Man and Sandman banter is too funny. Peter David remembered that Spider-Man doesn't have a Driver's License, that was brought up last year too I think by Bendis. :rofl: Alternate reality Uncle Ben is over and done with thank goodness and the mystery of who Ms. Arrow still deepens...
  • ShinkuuRShinkuuR Still Pissed Joined: Posts: 1,070
    My reads this week:

Hulk: Man WWH can't come fast enough. He's gonna fuck someone up!! I'd had my fill of ethical discussions and dick swinging with Civil War, I wanna see some good old fashion asswhoopin, and Hulk is gonna do that. WARBOUND BITCHES!!!

Runaways: I'm glad that Whedon didn't sap the team's wit out of the book, but I gotta ask wtf is he doing with that last page?? Sending HIM after them? Crazy.

The art's not bad, but not as good as before. Meh.

Initiative: The whole time I was reading it, I had a flashback to the first couple of chapters of that X-Men Academy X book(before they changed the name to New X-Men)...but I liked this version alot less for some reason. Plus they got rid of the most badass person in the issue. Sucks.

I'll read Fallen Son when I get home from work.
    Being the only person to follow the rules, and then getting mocked relentlessly by my peers for it... that's the kind of shit that creates supervillans.
    -Shaft Agent

SF4 Rose matches: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinkuuR
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    after reading hulk 105 all i have to say is that the illuminati and earth are royally fucked

I dunno, have you seen Namor fight? He knocked Hulk out with one punch, ONE!

Marvel comic reads for me keep getting slimmer and slimmer. I stopped UFF when the crap God War came around, USM I still read, just because I need some Spidey in my life. WWH I want to read because A: I like Hulk and B: A lot of bastards will be beaten on (Tony Stark, Ms. Marvel, etc.). Annihilation is the best thing they are producing, and I'm waiting for the sequel, Wraith looks fucking awesome.

Also on the Spidey identity thing, he could pull a Tony Stark and Build one of those mind wipe towers and make them forget...you know, because that shit is plausible.

Namor's new comic will be sweet....I hope...

Also when the hell is Ultimates #13 coming out? I love that comic, but when you stretch that love consequences aren't far behind.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • BBCampbellBBCampbell Busy bein' DELICIOUS Joined: Posts: 514
    Anyone keping up with the ultimate universe? UFF god war arc was going good all the way until they introduced thanos and ronan. the way they were introduced felt like it was rushed and it was pretty much just for the sales instead of the story. USM clone saga was horrible in my opinion and too many clones. UXM wolverine? cable? Professor X? No X-men? If magneto doesn't comeback soon to knock some sense into cyclops I consider that a wasted arc. Ultimate Power is ver good in my opinion people should read it. Also if you like UP pick up squadron supreme.

Actually, Ultimate Marvel is the only Marvel I read (Okay, I picked up Deadly Genesis, and House of M and am awaiting Civil War, but I mostly stay away from 616. Too much continuity that I don't care to follow.)

My takes on:

Ultimate Spider-Man: I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I have yet to read a bad USM arc. Well... okay Deadpool sucked ass, but 16 out of 17 ain't bad. I liked the clone saga and would like to know more about Spider-Woman, Scorpion and Gwen "Carnage" Stacy (bullshit move as that was). Hmm... now that I think about it, there were some sucky moves done by BMB, but it's still mostly good. Personally though, even though there's a high chance the arc will suck, I want to see Ultimate Venom again.

The Ultimates: Fucking awesome. Just... when... are... they... going... to... release... the... next... issue...? Seriously, they should be on like Ultimates 5 by now.

Ultimate Fantastic Four: Ultimate Sue Storm rocks my world! Seriously, she has to be the most badass female character in UltiMarvel. Also, F4 as a whole is probably the best Ultimazation there is right now. I mean, for the longest time, the Fantastic Four were some of the most boring heroes ever, but not UF4. Although Ultimate Doom is teh ghey. Goat hooves FTL.

Ultimate X-men: Weak for the longest time. Jumped the shark at about the "New Mutants" arc. Also, Cable as Wolverine? WTF? And now they're bringing Beast back? Oh, Fuck you Marvel. Moving Kitty Pryde to USM is probably the best thing they could have done for her.
    Chun-Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his life. You had him shot as you ran away... a hero at a thousand paces.
    Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it. For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.
    For me... It was Tuesday...
  • DSDS Hell Revealed Joined: Posts: 4,904
    I dunno, have you seen Namor fight? He knocked Hulk out with one punch, ONE!

I dunno if I'm right or what, but Namor has been getting nerfed over the years IMO. I smell this ending in bullshit. I called it, folks. Utter bullshit.
    <Chibi> ill make sure to have komi invite you when he weds his hug pillow though
    <@bellreisa>; you may now kiss the waifu
    <@bellreisa>; if you're lucky she might even kiss back
  • nameingwaynameingway I say thee nay Joined: Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    he knocked hulk over and then hulk was restrained by thanos. that is the only time i can think of where namor went at hulk 1 on 1.
  • TaichiTaichi Fuck Heroics. Joined: Posts: 1,462
    I just read Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness.

heh.

anyway, the only Marvel Title I've been considering reading is Moon Knight, and Power Pack.

but there's just so much DC out there I wanna read, that adding Marvel Titles just doesn't feel right.
    Now at Midnight, all the agents, and superhuman crew go out and round up everyone that knows more than they do...
    Member- SRK Cobra Kai. "GET 'IM A BODY BAG!"
  • The WandererThe Wanderer Joined: Posts: 35
    I just read Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness.

While that title is good, I have one little problem . . . Where the hell was the spider sense ? :wonder:
    I dunno, it never occurred to me, but meh.

I'm not a Marvel reader normally, so I missed the detail.
    Now at Midnight, all the agents, and superhuman crew go out and round up everyone that knows more than they do...
    That was pretty consistant actually because no one can agree on how strong or weak his Spider Sense is... It's just like Wolverine's healing factor...

If it makes any difference they are not on 616 anyway... his Spider Sense could just be weaker in this world is all. :rofl:
  • The WandererThe Wanderer Joined: Posts: 35
    Well maybe you're right, perhaps that's a weaker universe. That can be confirmed with the fact
    freaking ate Galactus -an entity who was supposed to be made of 100% energy, near the end of MZ 5

That last bit is more than enough . . .
  • Sheng-LongSheng-Long Joined: Posts: 1,419
    WORLD WAR HULK !!!!!

I loved how Planet Hulk played out and loved every issue, I can't believe its still not selling as well as it should. Remember when Planet Hulk just started and I posted how I would find it in dollar bins a month after? If you aren't going to follow Hulk now you just need to get your head checked!

I love the "Marvelness" of it all, since House of M, the moral ambiguousity between Hero and Villain especially now that Hulk is approaching earth, warbound to his fellow gladiators who want nothing more than TOTAL ANNIHILATION OF MANKIND! Would you still cheer for the Hulk as he is pounds on Dr. Strange's face? As he breaks every limb in Spider-man's body? What's going to happen when every Marvel character on earth is an antagonist?

Be here in 30 days!
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,393 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    See.............now I am getting interested in the Hulk.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    See.............now I am getting interested in the Hulk.

For real.

I wonder who's gonna be the first ones to detect Hulk's arrival. Because it can just be the Hulk and his friends instantly on Iron Man's doorstep. Somebody's gotta be flying around the moon and spot Hulk's death fleet heading to Earth or something.

And there has GOT to be a panel somewhere in WWH with Namor going "I told you so".

What is X-Men: Endangered Species going to be about? My knowledge about the end of HoM is kinda fuzzy. The impression I get is that Prof. X and Magneto just disappeared and nobody knows where they went. It seems that some Marvel ppl have hinted that some big event for the mutants is coming in November. For some reason I have a strong feeling that they are gonna come back and Xavier is gonna have the ability to walk.

Also, is there an issue I skipped over because last thing I see
    Iron Man gets taken over and morphed into Ultron then next he's all better.
    Also, is there an issue I skipped over because last thing I see
    Iron Man gets taken over and morphed into Ultron then next he's all better.

You're not missing anything. That happened in Mighty Avengers #1 and it ended like that, the story will continue in Mighty Avengers #2 that's not out yet so you have to check that to see what happens.
    I wonder who's gonna be the first ones to detect Hulk's arrival.
    i think it's black bolt, but i'm not 100% on that since i just saw it in a world war hulk preview.
    That Initiative one-shot with all those teenage heroes was pretty cool. I digged it. Played out a bit like Survivor with heroes and shit. Good stuff. I just hated the artwork because War Machine looked too cartoony. =/

Ghost Rider: Trail of Tears is a book you fuckers better be reading. Ennis' stuff is, quite possibly, some of the best GR stuff to come out in recent memory.

Immortal Iron Fist. 'Nuff said.

Fallen Son was dope. I loved Detective Wolverine. And Yu's artwork is too fierce these days. Damn. He really stepped his game up over the years. A LOT.
    <Chibi> ill make sure to have komi invite you when he weds his hug pillow though
    While I'm a Tried and True DC Fan, that doesn't mean I never read Marvel growing up, or don't like the characters.

I just like DC More.

as I said, there are a couple Marvel Titles I wouldn't mind picking up (Moon Knight, and Power Pack at least), but I'd have to be getting every DC Title I wanted to read, before I considered it.

I wouldn't mind reading Young Avengers and Astonishing X-Men either, but I just can't afford it (I can't afford all the DC Titles I wanna read), but every once in a while I spring for a TPB.

I wish I could find the YA Trades around here though, but they never last on the shelves......it's crazy how fast they sell.
    That Initiative one-shot with all those teenage heroes was pretty cool. I digged it. Played out a bit like Survivor with heroes and shit. Good stuff. I just hated the artwork because War Machine looked too cartoony. =/

Gauntlet's character is alittle too cliche. Not everything he says has to be something from Full Metal Jacket. Yeah, you're the military boss guy, we get it. And I guess that girl with the special morphing weapon on her arm had to leave because her weapon could match and outclass Gauntlet's weapon.
    Gauntlet's character is alittle too cliche. Not everything he says has to be something from Full Metal Jacket. Yeah, you're the military boss guy, we get it. And I guess that girl with the special morphing weapon on her arm had to leave because her weapon could match and outclass Gauntlet's weapon.

First issue and I want Guantlet dead already. He was the most annoying character of the entire issue. He's a poor man's Bishop.
  • Carpet LintCarpet Lint MUHFUGGA NEVA LOVED US Joined: Posts: 3,404
    Fallen Son was dope. I loved Detective Wolverine. And Yu's artwork is too fierce these days. Damn. He really stepped his game up over the years. A LOT.
    Leinil Yu is probably one of my top five favourite artists now, and you could have some sick demon offspring of Chuck Austen and Origin-era Paul Jenkins writing a book, and I'd still love it if Leinil Yu was drawing it.

Big reason why I love New Avengers now. I'm an art whore of the highest degree.

You gotta pick up the Silent Dragon trade (Wildstorm I think) if you really love his art - it's just like six issues of him orgasming these crazy Japanese samurai robot gun things onto the pages. I don't even remember if there was a real story, but I don't think it matters.

And Superman: Birthright was awesome too, with him and Mark Waid.
    You gotta pick up the Silent Dragon trade (Wildstorm I think) if you really love his art - it's just like six issues of him orgasming these crazy Japanese samurai robot gun things onto the pages. I don't even remember if there was a real story, but I don't think it matters..

haha so true. My brother saw me going through the solo issues for a week and then asking me at the end if the story was any good, and I couldn't even remember what the story was.

although, I still am pissed at Marvel for basically not having any inkers or decent colorists on their main titles compared to DC (even in their Wildstorm imprints), clean inks and colors goes a long way. I think Yu is doing the colors on New Avengers straight from the pencils. I dunno, maybe Marvel saves money this way, but the colors don't fit the mood of the book. :/
    You gotta pick up the Silent Dragon trade (Wildstorm I think) if you really love his art - it's just like six issues of him orgasming these crazy Japanese samurai robot gun things onto the pages. I don't even remember if there was a real story, but I don't think it matters.

And Superman: Birthright was awesome too, with him and Mark Waid.

Hmm....I'll make sure to keep an eye for that tomorrow. And I'm glad to know someone else read Superman: Birthright. I almost feel like only 10 people, tops, read the book.
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    I dunno if I'm right or what, but Namor has been getting nerfed over the years IMO. I smell this ending in bullshit. I called it, folks. Utter bullshit.

True, hopefully his new comic can redeem Namor, though I highly doubt this. New (New) Avengers is actually not bad, and I like seeing Cage and Iron Fist together again. It's about time Strange was made as an Avenger, maybe his popularity will climb considering he has an animated movie on the way.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    New Avengers was the shiznit today!
    Dr. Strange owned the entire Mighty Avengers squad with 2 words lol!
  • 4Play4Play Galactic Asshole Joined: Posts: 1,534
    Found this about Wizard and Cap#25
    http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=108408
    SRK: 4Play(main), redpremium.
    Some World War Hulk Previews:

Blackbolt getting owned:
    wwh10gf6.jpg

Ironman, Mr Fantastic and Dr. Strange getting owned:
    wwh09op0.jpg
  • m121akumam121akuma Power to Tearer Joined: Posts: 1,993
    Comic shop FINALLY got the Cap #25 reprint. So good.

New Avengers was fun. The more I read of him, the more I love Luke Cage.
    I love how they managed to make Tony look like he shit his pants THROUGH HIS MASK!
    Me: You want a new console game? That's nice. Here's a new arcade version. Keep those petitions coming, we need more toilet paper
    FurryCurry: lol. make that your srk sig.
    Me: Done and done
    yeah, but a 'tink' sound effect near his buttplate would've cemented the scene, quite nicely.
  • Apathy-IncApathy-Inc Die white girls Joined: Posts: 3,104
    haha so true. My brother saw me going through the solo issues for a week and then asking me at the end if the story was any good, and I couldn't even remember what the story was.

although, I still am pissed at Marvel for basically not having any inkers or decent colorists on their main titles compared to DC (even in their Wildstorm imprints), clean inks and colors goes a long way. I think Yu is doing the colors on New Avengers straight from the pencils. I dunno, maybe Marvel saves money this way, but the colors don't fit the mood of the book. :/
    Dave McCraig does the colors on NA over Yu. He also did digital inks over Yu on Fallen Son.
    I think the colors fit the mood, actually. They're supposed to be "street level" and so it fits Yu's gritty style.
    Mighty Avengers is all polished and shiney, like their heros.

Quick list off the top of my head:

Morry is going to be taking over colors for Wolverine.
    Christina is doing WWH main over JRJR, Runaways, Loners (Moline is inking himself), SMLMJ and whatever else they throw at her.
    Isanove is doing Dark Tower.
    Delgado follows Ramos/Campbell around on Spidey/X-men/Wolverine
    Laura Martin is on Astonishing doing colors.
    Townsend inks Bachalo on X-Men
    Studio F colors Bachalo on X-Men
    I don't remember what Roland Paris is inking right now...I'll have to ask.

I'd have to really look around since these are the titles I have on me, but I think that's a fairly nice stable of talent on some fairly high profile books.
    However, I do agree that some artists just need to be inked, but I'm not seeing a lack of it except for NA.
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,872
    I saw some random WWH promo pics. It was crazy shiet...
    Hulk basicly KOs Iron man and wraps up Dr. Strange with Mr. Fantastic before launching them both INTO THE FUCKING SUN. Oh yeah and I think he crushed BB's head with his hands...
    Boobologist Ph.D
    I saw some random WWH promo pics. It was crazy shiet...
    Hulk basicly KOs Iron man and wraps up Dr. Strange with Mr. Fantastic before launching them both INTO THE FUCKING SUN. Oh yeah and I think he crushed BB's head with his hands...

Pretty sure that's a dream sequence or something not real.
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,872
    ^ Hence the word "Promo" :rolleyes:
    Boobologist Ph.D
    ^ Hence the word "Promo" :rolleyes:
    The word "Promo" has nothing to do with the context of the scene.
    Just that it's a promotional page...
    it actually does, it's simply "promoting" the new comic that is world war hulk and doesn't necessarily have to be a scene that has or will happen in any comic.
  • Pained AuronPained Auron teh cock of justice Joined: Posts: 2,098
    http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Ultimate/13/Ults13_8ppg.html

simply beautiful. may 16th is the day folks
    R.I.P. Brian Graham aka Mummy-B 3-28-82 - 8-25-04
    with blood and rage of crimson red..ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.together with our hellish hate.we'll burn you all-THAT IS YOUR FATE
    Nova #1 - Hot damn this guy is running around protecting the universe by his DAMN SELF! What Nova Corps? It's just ONE MAN! Saving Planets inhabited by green aliens that speak no English and they pulled a few funny jokes with his Universal Communicator in the comic too! Now Nova's on Earth getting ready to kick Iron Man's ass in the next issue! That's what I'm talking about! GET SOME NEW WARRIORS VENGEANCE OH YEAH! :woot: