Marvel Comics Thread

Comments

• Apathy-IncApathy-Inc Die white girls Joined: Posts: 3,115
    it actually does, it's simply "promoting" the new comic that is world war hulk and doesn't necessarily have to be a scene that has or will happen in any comic.

It's from an upcoming issue of Hulk.
  • nameingwaynameingway I say thee nay Joined: Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    really? well wtf, the preview for WWH i have simply shows him going against black bolt (that looks like it's going to happen) and then random shit that won't happen.
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ultimates 2 #13 news and pic of 8 page spread on newsarama
    really? well wtf, the preview for WWH i have simply shows him going against black bolt (that looks like it's going to happen) and then random shit that won't happen.
    \
    Yeah, that's from WWH. That actually happens in the mini.

The other is a random page from another issue done by various artists.
    I was just trying to clarify for people who might not know that it's more than likely a dream sequence, but apparently that's not allowed or some such. :rolleyes:

I do so love the "cool point" system around here. :rofl:

Yeah, the 8 page spread for Ultimates 13 looks cool, but those things are a pain to when they're actually in the book.
    (Wolverine(boneclaws) vs Sabertooth way back when anyone?)
  • spudlyff8fanspudlyff8fan is love. Joined: Posts: 7,082
    Does anybody else want Cable and Deadpool to actually include Cable again?
  • TaskmasterTaskmaster The Mad Jackal Joined: Posts: 528
    Does anybody else want Cable and Deadpool to actually include Cable again?

The next couple of issues will be Cable solo I think, like the last were Pool solo. After that we'll see both again.
    "It is better to let people think you're a fool, than to open your mouth and eat a dick like a http://dontevenreply.com."

Adam Warlock, Thread of the year 08, SRK.com
  • SanoSano SRKSANO on PS4 Joined: Posts: 13,064 mod
    Uncanny X-Men was wild. Gotta love how Deathbird is shocked at Vulcan on one page and proud of him on the next. I think these two nutjobs are gonna make it as husband and wife... :rofl:

I liked the pencils on Spidey loves MJ a lot more this month, not as good as the older artists but the inking matched the work this time better than last.

Finished reading Spider-Man Family #2, the Lizard was drawn crazy in that book like a big fat iguana, I dug it. :tup:

The Back in Black Marvel Universe book is a hoot. They have bios for the Symbiotes in general, the Gwen Stacy clones and Video Man from Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends since he appeared in Spider-Man Family #1. Sniff, sniff, I love Marvel Universe comics! :lovin:
    new joe friday's.....

DAVID LAPHAM ON TERROR INC!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!
  • The WandererThe Wanderer Joined: Posts: 35
    I liked the Back in Black handbook, because now we have the full specs on Spidey's Stark Armor. I hope Peter manages to canibalize some of that sweet tech in the future. And if you add that he has -or had, I've yet to read FNSM's latest issue- Spider-Man 2211's helmet, which had sweet abilities . . . well . . . do the math.

Come on Web Face, we want to see your mind in action. :P
  • FreddyL0c0FreddyL0c0 Joined: Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Thunderbolts and Dark Tower still not mentioned? Disappointed in all of u.
    These books are too awesome to pass up.

here are some other marvel books that should not be ignored

Ghost Rider : Trail of Tears
    Immortal Iron Fist

and I have to make mention of the amazing art in New X-Men this week for the "Magik" storyline given by Blindfold. Niko Henricon is very talented.

also, Newuniversal is picking up somewhat slowly, dunno if I should drop it. But it is Ellis, so, ill hang on some more. What does everyone else think of it?
    Spencer Dante Hawkeye aka raw tags are the future
    http://www.youtube.com/user/freddyl0c0 (more soon)
    Spider-Man the musical!

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=109329

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll go see it if someone gives me free tickets just for the comedy of it! Broadway tickets cost too damn much. :bluu:
    Mighty Avengers - I like the new Ultron, it's a great excuse to get Frank Cho to draw a girl that's about 99.9% naked! Though it's still freaky to know that Iron Man is trapped in there somewhere possibly, man this is like being turned on by a She-Male before you check the neck... more thought balloons in this book!

X-Men and Sensational Spider-Man were fun this week too.
  • Kira YamatoKira Yamato Flying Thunder God!! Joined: Posts: 60
    It's Mark Bagley, but I can't remember from where exactly.
    Definitely some of his more recent work.

Maybe Ultimate Spider-man.
  • Carpet LintCarpet Lint MUHFUGGA NEVA LOVED US Joined: Posts: 3,404
    That is actually Ultimate Spider-Man #33...combined with something else that I do not recognize.

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/ultimate-spider-man/33-2.jpg
    That is actually Ultimate Spider-Man #33...combined with something else that I do not recognize.

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/ultimate-spider-man/33-2.jpg

It's from Spider-Man 3.
    http://media.movieweb.com/galleries/2399/2377/lo/venom_spiderman3.jpg
  • Carpet LintCarpet Lint MUHFUGGA NEVA LOVED US Joined: Posts: 3,404
    TEAMWORK FOR THE WIN

Kira, as originally promised, we will now be both expecting our certificates for one free steak dinner at The Keg in the mail.

Thanks.

- Carpet Lint
  • Rage02fireRage02fire Registered User Joined: Posts: 779
    aww my post got obliterated, WTF!!!:rofl:

Well anyways here's what I said last night, if anyone in here that is new to this part of SRK and reads bru books. Then Please come convert your soul more into our lord Ed Brubaker at the Church of Bru.

You will find many more of his great stories he has written in his Holy Comic bible!!!!

Also:

ULTIMATES 2 COVER KICKS ASS!!!!! I now entirely forgive Lord HITCH for his tardyness, that poster itself imo was a mixture of 300 and Lord of the rings, still GOOD SHIT to Lord Hitch!!!!!!!! Now I am hyped for the finale of the Ultimates 2 this shit is gonna be WAAYYYY more dominating then I expected. I better see Hulk EAT some fucking TROLLS!!!

Also I agree Ghost Rider trail of tears is underated but lots of things ennis related get underated!!!
    "I'd fuck Ray charles' dead corspe for 5 billion dollars"- Bunkei. :rofl::clap:
    Av made by quiche.
  • Pained AuronPained Auron teh cock of justice Joined: Posts: 2,098
    aww my post got obliterated, WTF!!!:rofl:

ULTIMATES 2 COVER KICKS ASS!!!!! I now entirely forgive Lord HITCH for his tardyness, that poster itself imo was a mixture of 300 and Lord of the rings, still GOOD SHIT to Lord Hitch!!!!!!!! Now I am hyped for the finale of the Ultimates 2 this shit is gonna be WAAYYYY more dominating then I expected. I better see Hulk EAT some fucking TROLLS!!!

you must show proof of said cover
    R.I.P. Brian Graham aka Mummy-B 3-28-82 - 8-25-04
    with blood and rage of crimson red..ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.together with our hellish hate.we'll burn you all-THAT IS YOUR FATE
  • Rage02fireRage02fire Registered User Joined: Posts: 779
    you must show proof of said cover

:rofl: I thought the cover was the link you posted earlier or was that something else???? It seemed like a dope poster ass cover if it was though....

Edit: Found some more dope ass art of Ultimates2 #13!!!

Okay here's the cover at Marvel.com
    "I'd fuck Ray charles' dead corspe for 5 billion dollars"- Bunkei. :rofl::clap:
    Av made by quiche.
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,888
    Does anybody else like Mac Gargan as Venom? :wonder:
    Boobologist Ph.D
    I read the Drax the Destroyer mini that starts out the Annihilation hardcover...I was very impressed. Giffen can be hit or miss but Drax was definitely a fun read that introduced or reintroduced some cool characters.
    Does anybody else like Mac Gargan as Venom? :wonder:

Some people in the old comic book thread did, I don't. I liked him in Beyond though, hated Millar's Spider-Man run and I quit the New Thunderbolts due to it being hella boring. I think his problem with me is that he's so far only been in one story I liked.

I'll take Eddie Brock over Gargan any day. He's making a comeback in Sensational Spidey soon, but I get the feeling he won't 'really' be Venom in the story. New Avengers is supposed to have a story where they fight an army of symbiotes later on so anything is possible though.

And they should of kept the Scorpion Tale he had in Beyond. :wonder:
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,619 mod
    ultimates2 13 is out finally?
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • coco_jcoco_j Joined: Posts: 330
    So I was lurking on 4chan the other day, and they were posting a comic supposedly written by Mark Millar. It was bout Aunt May, Uncle Ben and Pete's parents. All young and promiscuous.
    It apparently suggests that Aunt May is Spidey's mum among other things. Oh and I think Dodson was the artist, if that helps. I have scans if needed.

Anyone know what it is?!
    hated Millar's Spider-Man run

And there you go. :rofl:

It was Marvel Knights Spider-Man. Not good! IMHO anyway. You can pretty much ignore the possibility of Aunt May being his mom (if that was even the case in the story, I'm not too sure it was but my memory is a little fuzzy on that) along with a secret organization creating all of Spidey's old school villains because Marvel does anyway... only long standing thing from that 'train wreck' they kept was Gargan Venom. Nice artwork but that's about it, Frank Cho's issue in the story is really drawn well. There's continuity errors in the story too (Spidey still using web shooters which makes no sense in light of Venom being in the story and this taking place after their last fight when he had organic webs, Eddie willingly giving up the suit when that was deemed impossible the last time they fought) but I won't bore you - oops I think I just did. :sweat:

Read Civil War instead, if you haven't. Despite the not so great ending it's still a much better work than Millar's Spider-Man arc. I'd stay away from Millar's Wolverine Enemy of the State story too overall but it at least has a few bright spots.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    your talking about Trouble. I have it from a convention, but I never read it.
    Don't know if my country does FCBD or not, but either way I wasn't able to get to the shop. I'm hoping someone could post a picture of Jackpot, the possible super powered MJ.

Thanx.
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    I would like to know where I can purchase Deadpool comics. I'd really appretiate it if it was from the first issue from 1997 and after, or at least as much of his comic issues as possible.
    It'd be best if I can purchase them online since I don't live in the USA and it would be great if it were on Amazon so that way I can ask a bookshop to purchase it for me.
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
    Marvel stuff I read this week, talked about Hulk books in the WWH thread.

Sensational Spidey Annual - Great story about Spidey & MJ's relationship. How can anyone want to split them up after reading this? Sano angrily glares at Quesada...

Friendly Spidey - So we finally know who Ms. Arrow is! Still the best Spidey book on the racks IMHO.

Omega Flight - Yeah that's what I'm talking about, USAgent being bitter talking a lot of crap! :rofl: I like Arachne's / Julia Spider Woman's new outfit.

Ms. Marvel and Avengers Initiative were also good reads. Haven't read Marvel Zombies vs. Ash 3 yet...
    ^ there's this handy site...think it's called Ebay.

Enjoying Annihilation, but damn - could Marvel have ripped off Green Lantern any more with Nova?? Not to mention ripping Ron Marz's entire origin story for Kyle Rayner on top of that.
    Yeah the Sensational Spidey annual was great. If there is a breakup on the horizon its' going to be a lot worse now :p
    Well they dropped a hint that Jackpot may become real, (the Spidey FCBD story is out of continuity) if that's Marvel's way of dealing with the marriage... I dunno, anything is better than a death or a divorce but they still smokin' crack... :rofl:

http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/NewJoeFridays46.html
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,888
    So I was skimming through the Comics fourm of 4Chan when I stumbeld upon an image of...
    Cap's body in a tube being looked at/analyzed by Iron Man

:confused:
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    ^Plz tell me u were expecting that, cuz I knew he'd come back one way or the other.
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • ShadowhaxorShadowhaxor VgM for the Masses! Joined: Posts: 394
    So I was skimming through the Comics fourm of 4Chan when I stumbeld upon an image of...

I WANT PROOF!

Never Fear... Your Friendly neighborhood Shadowhaxor is here.
  • OverworldOverworld Low Tier Joined: Posts: 1,595

Pics or it didn't happen.
  • akumatruniggaakumatrunigga Joined: Posts: 3,312
    Dayum, IM is on some serious shit man. I can see why wizard gave him villian of the year.
    Xanatos: You know the answer to that Owen. Pay a man enough, and he'll walk barefoot into hell.