Marvel Comics Thread

Comments

• WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,898
    The guy with the gun is either Ultimate Bullseye or Ultimate Hawkeye.

The girl is probabl Ultimate Valkerye, given Thor is definately a god and they apparently are adopting that fake old medieval english that regular Thor is known for.

I only hope this title doesn't muck up, Ultimate FF and Spidey.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    The guy with the gun is either Ultimate Bullseye or Ultimate Hawkeye.

The girl is probabl Ultimate Valkerye, given Thor is definately a god and they apparently are adopting that fake old medieval english that regular Thor is known for.

I only hope this title doesn't muck up, Ultimate FF and Spidey.

Why the hell would it be Bullseye? On a different matter DD needs his own monthly Ult. title.

My only problem with it being Valkyrie is that she was introduced already, and was shown to not have powers. So either it's someone new or she stumbled upon some.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • SanoSano SRKSANO on PS4 Joined: Posts: 13,010 mod
    Bendis has made it a thing to increase his age every year or two, when he's 18 by law he is supposed to join the Ultimates, could be a time skip.

Maybe it's a time skip. Joe Quesada before has said that Ultimate Spider-Man would never ever leave High School ever, in his own book anyway. But of course, things change like they say...

But being the youngest member might work too, could change the dynamic a lot.
  • ZephyranthesZephyranthes Mad Mod Poet God Joined: Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I also think the guns/masked guy is Hawkeye, if only because he is blond and those little backpack things on his back remind me of something Hawkeye would wear. I thought the chick with the sword could be Valkyrie, but when I thought about it some more, I realize that would be pretty lame. We already saw Valkyrie in the Defenders story and she was a teeny bopper. Maybe Loeb decided to PUMP HER UP as only LOEB can.

It could be the character is actually Sif or another Ass Guard. Asgardian. Whatever. Or maybe THOR-GIRL!!!! DAN JURGENS FOREVAAAA
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_Girl
    This Ain't Kansas. Unabashed and unfiltered comic book commentary and reviews:
    http://madnessvest.blogspot.com/
    It could be the character is actually Sif or another Ass Guard. Asgardian. Whatever. Or maybe THOR-GIRL!!!! DAN JURGENS FOREVAAAA
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_Girl

Ass Guard lol! I thought Thor Girl was just an Earth X thing, regular Thor cursed to live out his life as a woman. DOH!
    Thor Girl sounds pretty silly. But really, I actually got nothing but love for Dan Jurgens' run on Thor. That was the first thing I read that ever made me interested in Thor. I guess I was too young for Walt Simonson's run when I was a kid.
    If it's Thor-Girl someone shoot me now. I hate having two heroes "Alike" on a team, like Spidey and Spider-Woman on New Avengers, bugged the hell outta me.

Good to see Black Panther btw, I'd like to see how he is Ultimates wise, I would like to see more of Ult. Falcon and Capt. Marvel though, I loved them in the Gah-Lak-Tus event.
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • kane_warheadkane_warhead Blanka forever Joined: Posts: 1,532
    In that Ultimates 3 pic who's the guy with the gun and the girl with the sword? Ultimate peeps I don't know about or new Joe Mad characters? Girl looks like she can fit in Battle Chasers lol!

Looks like Valkyrie
    Sunod-Ako.com - Your Total Resource to Philippine Fighting Gaming
  • nameingwaynameingway I say thee nay Joined: Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Thor Girl sounds pretty silly. But really, I actually got nothing but love for Dan Jurgens' run on Thor. That was the first thing I read that ever made me interested in Thor. I guess I was too young for Walt Simonson's run when I was a kid.

did you check out the avengers dissasembled thor tie-ins? i thought those were pretty good.
    Yeah, Ragnarok is a great story. It might even be my favorite Thor comic. The first issue of it was right after Jurgens finished his run, and Oeming did a great follow up to close that chapter on the character. Oeming didn't even completely ignore the Jurgens stuff, but he actually made some reference to it.
  • boxbox Joined: Posts: 1,611
    Just read Onslaught Reborn #4. Loeb and Liefield are soo useless.

Also picked up Mighty Avengers. Decent read. Although the thought balloons in this issue seemed a lot more annoying and unneccesary.

Amazing spider-man is a decent read, but the story is dragging on way too long. Bring on one more day already.
  • nameingwaynameingway I say thee nay Joined: Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    that's the thor that i'm hoping returns. because i could see that thor hooking up with hulk and that would just be awesome.
  • Rage02fireRage02fire Registered User Joined: Posts: 779
    HAHAHAHAHAHA You all are wrong about that being Ultimate Hawkeye or Bullseye, because it's completely ULTIMATE DEATHLOCK!!!!

If that is then loeb gets the thumbs up from me, for turning the guy from an old cyborg into this grifter type hitman.

If Loeb fucks this up though I'm gonna boycott all of his future comics and demand that he quits the industry.

Then hopefully Marvel shall be smart and BRING TEH GREAT LORD BRU unto this title. He shall bring the HOLY POWER into the Ultimates!!!!!
    P.S. the Thor chick is valkyrie since Giantman is on the team and if I'm correct they did bang it up in the bed???
    "I'd fuck Ray charles' dead corspe for 5 billion dollars"- Bunkei. :rofl::clap:
    Av made by quiche.
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,339 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Its Ultimate Hawkeye. Blond dude, purple costume, gotta be. When the fuck did Ultimate Black Panther show up? I know he was in the movie. I gotta pick it up. I'm picking Ultimates 3 up just for Black Panther.
  • ToyRobotTerrorToyRobotTerror Magnificent Bastard Joined: Posts: 2,078
    Starlord has all possibilities of being awesome, best team evar.
    Fuck skrulls
    Just popping in for some random hate. The last issue of Loeb's Wolverine finished. It was...

THE WORST

WOLVERINE / SABRETOOTH STORY

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Artwork was good and there was lots of blood and those are the only good things I can say about the issue. I'm calling up DC to see if Superboy Prime can knock out some reality wall in 616 to overturn this trainwreck...
    Wolvie killed Sabretooth with the Muramasa Blade. First he chopped off Sabretooth's arm, he tried to heal it back into place like only Loeb thinks he is able to do, didn't work because the blade makes it so you can't heal from it's blows. Then he cut Sabe's head off. In the end Victor Creed went down like a CHUMP talking about "KILL ME I'VE REVERTED TO FULL BEAST MODE KILL ME!" This epic fight to end the Wolvie/Sabretooth rivalry lasted only about 4 pages with really few panels, lots of splash panels. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! Damn, another MVC2 character bites the dust... at least he's reunited with Birdy - "Yeah boss!" Lol but still, DAYUUUMN...

So yeah my enthusiasm for Ultimates 3 has gone way done. You cut me deep J.Loeb. MOMMY MAKE THE BAD MAN STOP! :crybaby:

On the plus side things in Marvel get overturned anyway and things revert to the status quo sometimes so I can only hope...
    Why the hell would it be Bullseye? On a different matter DD needs his own monthly Ult. title.

My only problem with it being Valkyrie is that she was introduced already, and was shown to not have powers. So either it's someone new or she stumbled upon some.

I'd say Bullseye because he has one on his forehead sort of like the movie. That and he is using a gun, which I know isn't a Bulleseye thing but it sure ain't Hawkeye. At this point in my mind, no matter who it turns out to be, I am calling that character Ultimate Grifter, because that is who he really looks like.

Who knows what is planned for this, it scares me to think about sometimes.

I hear Ron Lim did art on the most recent issue of Cable/Deadpool. If that means anything to anyone.

Edit: Buy Ant-Man.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    Been found wanting.
    - A Knight's Tale
    Well look at the quiver on the guys back. The gun may shoot mini arrows.
    Also on a few occasions Ult. Hawkeye has used firearms, it isn't uncommon for him to do so, he just prefers bows and the like. Ult. Hawkeye is in someways like 616 Bullseye, he used a fingernail or something to slaughter a whole room of guards lol.
  • 4Play4Play Galactic Asshole Joined: Posts: 1,534
    Looks like the Leader will be in the new Hulk movie:Newsarama Link
    SRK: 4Play(main), redpremium.
    ...a finger nail. :wtf: This is why the Ultimate Universe gets on my nerves sometimes. The Ultimate variants are either broken as fuck or pussies. Like Wolverine never being able to show up on ANY surveillance or tracking equipment. Radar, cameras, nothing.
    Meh the Ultimate universe is weird, tries to be realistic and surreal at the same time, can be rather...confusing at times.

Is the original Ult. Iron Man mini-series worth buying?
  • Pained AuronPained Auron teh cock of justice Joined: Posts: 2,098
    the villains cover for Ultimates 3

http://comics.ign.com/articles/808/808189p1.html
    R.I.P. Brian Graham aka Mummy-B 3-28-82 - 8-25-04
    with blood and rage of crimson red..ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.together with our hellish hate.we'll burn you all-THAT IS YOUR FATE

So they gonna fight the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants plus Venom? Strange...

EDIT: Get Loeb away from Sabretooth the wounds are still too fresh. :crybaby:

Awesome cover again, that Blob is fucking tight, reminds me of the Violator from Spawn.

Kinda a let down they are fighting the Brotherhood + Venom, not really epic to me. Wtf is Venom doing anyways lol...teaming with the damn muties?! That's so beneath him.
    I think Ultimate Iron Man was quite good. I only read it when it was being serialized, and if I recall correctly, there were a couple delays between issues. I do remember not being too high on it until maybe the second or third issue. I'd like to read it all in one sitting, because I liked it.

Plus, Orson Scott Card is one of my favorite writers. I pretty much love anything he writes. If you enjoyed any of his work then I am sure you'll also enjoy Ultimate Iron Man. Out of all the novelists-cum-comics AUTEURS over the past coupla years, Card's got to be at or near the top of the tier list.

Oh man, I can't stand that Ultimates 3 art. It looks like Joe Mad's been taking lessons from Pat Lee. If those covers truly represent Loeb's ideas for Ultimates... Looks pretty lame. After reading sano's Wolverine spoilers, I am convinced Tim Sale is the secret to Loeb's success.
  • Rage02fireRage02fire Registered User Joined: Posts: 779
    Oh man, I can't stand that Ultimates 3 art. It looks like Joe Mad's been taking lessons from Pat Lee. If those covers truly represent Loeb's ideas for Ultimates... Looks pretty lame. After reading sano's Wolverine spoilers, I am convinced Tim Sale is the secret to Loeb's success.

Ya seriously I wouldn't say this a few years back but now Billy Tan > Joe Mad.

Also I like the brotherhood being back but this would of been WAAYYYYYY better in Ultimate X-men. The storyline for the brotherhood has been building up in that book for awhile in kirkman's mediocre run. (still surprised that his Antman series is a hit.)

Where's longshot at??? He should be with Magneto side by side as his new student.
    "I'd fuck Ray charles' dead corspe for 5 billion dollars"- Bunkei. :rofl::clap:
    Av made by quiche.
  • FreddyL0c0FreddyL0c0 Joined: Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wolverine looks like he's taking the biggest dump ever in that cover art
    Spencer Dante Hawkeye aka raw tags are the future
    http://www.youtube.com/user/freddyl0c0 (more soon)
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,048 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    joe mad lost it years ago..the min he stepped away from battlechasers.

seriously does look like some pat lee shit. I need to see some sequentials before i'm sure if he truly lost it. He's dynamic but just doesn't have that flair no more. Am i the only one who misses liquid doing all the colors on joe madd art and tim townsend on the inking?

lol@cap with no neck.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • darksoul173darksoul173 HORI AT THEE Joined: Posts: 1,095
    Damm endangered spiecies keeps getting more and more intesting
    the other one that also doing the research is DARK BEAST

cant wait for messiah complex
    "Playing card games is just like making love, you usually do it on a table and you always feel deep shame when it's finished
    also the older you gets the less fun it is"

that foos still alive?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin

Well DUH. That shit was hella obvious. Worst plot twist ever. As soon as they mentioned another I was like "Him AGAIN? Jebus." I don't see how anyone could be surprised by that. Also, endangered species is wack to me at the moment. Everything Beast has done has been out of character and much of it just plain doesn't make sense, but that's a story for another time I guess.
    terry moore and ramos doing runaways after whedon

jimenez and guggenheim (sp?) exclusive to marvel.
    with blood and rage of crimson red..ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.together with our hellish hate.we'll burn you all-THAT IS YOUR FATE
    terry moore and ramos doing runaways after whedon

jimenez and guggenheim (sp?) exclusive to marvel.

ramos's style does not fit into the marvel world...his style is best suited for more kids/teen oriented comics. Runaways seems too mature/realistic? for his style of art.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Yay for Terry Moore, boo for Ramos.
    Phil Jimenez in Marvel is good news:tup: Great art.
    eliis and bianchi on axm. this is some very good news. i love ellis' thunderbolts and bianchi's art has grown on me a lot over the last few months. i can't wait for their axm run.
    I think Ramos will do just fine on Runaways. He drew two or three pages in the Runaways Saga one-shot and it looked nice. His style has that youthful and exuberant look to it that should probably match the tone of the comic.

Ellis and Bianchi on Astonishing sounds pretty awesome, too. One of my favorite things in the universe is when grizzled British writers rape my childhood.
    Hopefully, I will get to see Bianchi's art on a story that doesn't come off as lame.

I am not familiar with Moore's work, but I think he is also doing Spiderman love Mary Jane, hopefully he will be good on both.

Edit:
    Surprised The Eternals are getting an ongoing. It must be selling well in HC.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    Been found wanting.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • DSDS Hell Revealed Joined: Posts: 4,904
    Immortal Iron Fist was the book of the week for me. Even though it was just a side story explaining the one and only female Iron Fist, it was still good only because of next month's issue.

Amazing Spiderman was also good this month. Spidey is definitely pissed the hell off and I'm actually digging it. And for some reason, I can't stand Mighty Avengers. I think it's the worst thing Bendis is writing. That whole Ultron ordeal is complete crap to me. It's just pointless filler.

I did like this month's Hulk, though. I like the fact that Miek and Rick Jones each have their own similarities in the way they first encountered the Hulk. Greg Pak is definitely writing up some good shit.
    <Chibi> ill make sure to have komi invite you when he weds his hug pillow though
    <@bellreisa>; you may now kiss the waifu
    <@bellreisa>; if you're lucky she might even kiss back
    The thing I don't like about Mighty Avengers is the art. It's so cheesecakey. It makes me feel embarrassed to read comics like that. It's like someone looks at a comic like Mighty Avengers, and you don't even wonder why people in general think comics are for kids.
    The thing I don't like about Mighty Avengers is the art. It's so cheesecakey. It makes me feel embarrassed to read comics like that. It's like someone looks at a comic like Mighty Avengers, and you don't even wonder why people in general think comics are for kids.

Yeah, Frank Cho has to go. I keep seeing Liberty Meadows when I read it. Not exactly the image I want to first think about when I look at an Avengers comic.
    <Chibi> ill make sure to have komi invite you when he weds his hug pillow though
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,131
    I have a couple of oddball questions:

1: When teh hell did Henry Pym leave his wife for Tigra?

2. For the Mighty Avengers...is the whole thing supposed to be going on during World War Hulk? (seems like it, with the way the old suit Iron Man came down and announced Tony's "death").

3. Any plans for them throwing all of Endangered Species into one book instead of having me waste money by buying like 6 others for just a few pages of story?

---
    Getting me a little jumpy waiting for Messiah Complex. Kinda funny that the High Evolutionary just brushed off Hank.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • Khaotika!Khaotika! More of the Same Joined: Posts: 579
    Blob is HAWNGRY on that Ultimates art. WTF @ Magneto just fucking stopping and posing in mid-air.

Mystique - "Um Magnus, come join us in the 'Challenge of the Super-Friends' poseoff."
    Magneto - "Come X-chicken welcome you to are nothing DEAD!! HA HA HA HA!"
    It's uncanny how you hover in the air...
    Over wreckage that you left behind...
    Immortal Iron Fist was the book of the week for me. Even though it was just a side story explaining the one and only female Iron Fist, it was still good only because of next month's issue.

Amazing Spiderman was also good this month. Spidey is definitely pissed the hell off and I'm actually digging it. And for some reason, I can't stand Mighty Avengers. I think it's the worst thing Bendis is writing. That whole Ultron ordeal is complete crap to me. It's just pointless filler.

I did like this month's Hulk, though. I like the fact that Miek and Rick Jones each have their own similarities in the way they first encountered the Hulk. Greg Pak is definitely writing up some good shit.

Agree on all but Spidey and Avengers, I haven't been a big fan since "The Other" crap came around. I'm going to hate when Iron Fist is over, that's one of the best comics i've read in a while.

I also agree with you two on the Mighty art, that crap sucks ass. Only thing I liked was the first issue appearence of GODZILLA! Wonder Man looks friggan stupid, has like a woman's hairdo from the 50's.
    Agree on all but Spidey and Avengers, I haven't been a big fan since "The Other" crap came around. I'm going to hate when Iron Fist is over, that's one of the best comics i've read in a while.

Spidey's been pretty good after the events of The Other. Well, mainly the Civil War tie-in stuff and now with the whole Kingpin arc. Straczynski's run has been pretty rough around the edges, but he's done some good stuff as well.

Iron Fist being over? When? Is this a limited run? I thought it was an on-going series?
    Iron Fist being over? When? Is this a limited run? I thought it was an on-going series?

It is an ongoing, guy thinks it's going to be canceled for some reason. :looney:
  • DA GAMEDA GAME Version 3.5 Joined: Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yay for Terry Moore, boo for Ramos.
    Phil Jimenez in Marvel is good news:tup: Great art.
    Yeah but how long is he going to stay?You know artists & writers have a VERY BAD HABIT of doing a book for a about 3 or 4 issues then let someone put their inconsistent stuff in & leave.It's like they are mercenaries or something.
    It is an ongoing, guy thinks it's going to be canceled for some reason. :looney:

People need to stop scaring me like this. :sad:
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    For the first time in ages, I'm super pumped for Amazing Spiderman. I loved the JMS run to start, but it got old quick, when it became apparent how hard he was trying to mess with the character and his legacy, instead of just telling good, if not monumental stories.

Plus, I would by a book with McNiven on art, no matter what, even if it was just Archie Vs. the Punisher over and over again.
  • spudlyff8fanspudlyff8fan is love. Joined: Posts: 7,082
    Iron Fist and Luke Cage need to have a Cable/Deadpool kind of comic.