DC Comics Thread

Comments

• AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,031
    Man, JLA is too fierce. I love that book.
    Red Arrow is gonna be too good on that team.

And 52 this week was pretty confusing. I just read through it and pretended to not really care. But, then I read Sano's link and I guess it made sense. Crisis averted...?

Believe it or not, I actually enjoy reading Supergirl after the first 4 or 5 lackluster issues that Loeb wrote. Good stuff so far from Joe Kelly.

Busiek's Superman this month sucked. 'Nuff said.

Superman/Batman: That Benitez guy can draw an awesome Batman. The art is what really kept me hooked on this issue. Overall, pretty good story, but the art really sold it well. That guy needs to draw JSA or something. OR......

Detective Comics because Kramer's art is fugly. Harley was fat in the issue. Like she hasn't worked out in the past year or so. The story was still fun though. Dini just loves himself some Harley action. It was like watching Batman TAS all over again.

Nightwing was pretty good. He's all angry and moody now. It's about time.

And now I'm gonna move onto the Marvel side of things in the other thread later on because there are some goodies in there that I must rave about.

*goes into the Marvel thread*

Yeah, this comic is blowing me away. I just wish GA was on the team, as well as Kyle, but it's great without my golden boys.

Also the TT Go! art of SB is awesome, I never liked the show but the comics art is actually good, and I'm surprised he did Ambush Bug.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • TaichiTaichi Fuck Heroics. Joined: Posts: 1,462
    I really wish Kyle was on a team too, but Didio won't let the "Replacement Heroes" have their due.

I think Kyle and Conner Fans should be livid at the way their characters are being treated.......if those fuckheads at H.E.A.T. can be ridiculous douches for fifteen years, I think Kyle's and Conner's fans should organize and demand the characters are treated with respect, and should demand their characters not only get their fucking names back, but their books as well.
    Now at Midnight, all the agents, and superhuman crew go out and round up everyone that knows more than they do...
    Member- SRK Cobra Kai. "GET 'IM A BODY BAG!"
  • SanoSano SRKSANO on PS4 Joined: Posts: 12,972 mod
    All Star Superman was great like always!

Teen Titans - Say word, this issue kicked ass! Oh and there was No Johns don't leave us... And of course I loved the ending -
    NIGHTWING SHOWS UP WITH THE OG TITANS! What, did you think I was gonna talk about DC comics this week without mentioning Nightwing? :rolleyes:
  • Apathy-IncApathy-Inc Die white girls Joined: Posts: 3,044
    Jim Lee just posted some pages on his blog from All Star Batman and Robin.

http://www.gelatometti2.blogspot.com/

Along with some info on exactly where he is on the issues and an update for WildC.A.T.S.
  • nameingwaynameingway I say thee nay Joined: Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i'm itching for next week's 52, i want to see black adam rain fire from the skies and turn the world into splatterhouse 3.
    Teen Titans Go! artist Todd Nuack draws more Teen Titans characters in the TT cartoon style oh yeah! Superboy is still my favorite!

http://www.comicspace.com/toddnauck/comics.php?action=gallery&comic_id=528

Nauck is my favorite Comics artist ever.

his work on YJ is just top notch.
    Now at Midnight, all the agents, and superhuman crew go out and round up everyone that knows more than they do...
  • ChairHomeChairHome hiding under your bed Joined: Posts: 1,733
    Caught up on stuff I missed last week and some good stuff this week. Over all, I'd say that the WW III books were kinda disappointing. I ended up getting all 4, despite only planning on getting 2 or 3. The 52 issue on the event was good, but they tried to cram way too much "explaining of OYL" into the 4 WW III issues. On DC nation, Didio even says that the reason they added the WW III event was a way to explain OYL since 52 was supposed to do that but turned into a whole other animal. I really can't wait for 52 to wrap up, but it better deliver... the build up has been great. I loved...
    when Booster showed up to snatch that nanotech missile. "I need this, and trust me, it wasn't going to work anyway" Also, the "cliffhanger ending" was great, too.

Last week's Teen Titans was pretty good. I really don't like the art compared to Tony Daniel though. And you can tell the writing took a dip... Johns co-wrote this with the new writer, and it shows. I'm kind of not looking forward to the new creative team after this arc :-(. A shame, since the TT were my favorite... The ending to the issue was pretty great though.

Speaking of Daniel's artwork, Flash was great. Its really shaping up to be something really good, in my opinion. The art was great, the dialogue was great, and the setup for this arc was great. The only thing I'm really concerned with though is....
    It seems very early for Bart to reveal his identity to the public already. He's not even 20 issues into his series as the Flash and he tells them at the drop of a hat. I know there's probably more to it, but I don't think he's going to get the Spectre to help him like he did Wally... Though the last page did make me go, "What the? Awesome."

And of course, JLA. The writing was spectacular. I really enjoyed the Dialogue, especially Batman's. Part of the whole arc screams "Publicity stunt", but the writing seems so well done. I really wish I read up on more JSA before this though...

I'd really say that you should give both JLA and Flash a chance this week. To me, 52 is essential, but you could probably skip the 4 WWIII books unless there are some really burning OYL questions that you still have.
    O Hadoken!
    |=( -O)
    /\

Cool nintendo av not by me :-(. Found it on the net.
    52 #50 was fucking intense.....it would seem Black Adam's storyline has finished.
    I bet his new word is "I'm Sorry"
    Nightwing Annual was really good. I was worried that the comic wasn't written by Wolfman but it still turned out to be a great issue going into Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon's relationship together through the years. There were some really funny moments like Robin and Batgirl trapped in a vehicle huddled closely together with Robin trying to hide his boner! :rofl: Oh and Batman called Robin "Chum" back in the day. :rofl: I'm not really for the Nightwing / Oracle hook up or the Nightwing / Starfire hook up but this was a good issue if you were into the Nightwing / Oracle AKA Dick Grayson Barbara Gordon hook up. I kind of prefer Nightwing being single (which he is now anyway, I win lol) but that's just me.

52 & World War III issues were great, seems like a lot of the main violence went down in the World War III issues and not in 52 issue 50. I laughed when in the middle of 52 #50 they drew a 2 page spread of the heroes attacking Black Adam and the artist signed the 2 page spread. Like what the Hell we know the book has rotating artists but was it necessary to sign your pages? :rofl: Maybe it was an unused cover they incorporated into the story.

JLA was good fun. It's nice to know that Power Girl has bigger breasts than anybody. :tup:

I got the Legion of Heroes comic based on the cartoon because a friend I went to school with, Steve Uy drew the cover! Last I spoke to him, he told me that he wanted to work on the Ninja Scroll comic. I hope that works out for him, Steve always draws manga style and I think he would be a better fit than the current Ninja Scroll artist. But like I say it's hard to capture the artistic style of the Ninja Scroll movie and even worse the TV series where the character designs are even crazier, but I think Steve could pull it off. :smile:
    Seriously?, how did they get away with a scene of Robin trying to hide an erection?

I can't believe that slipped past not only editors, but the CCA!.

scans, plz! (no homo)
    Spoilers for Dick's... um... penis because making a pun with his name is really old...
    When they were huddled in the vehicle together Batgirl said "That better be your utility belt pushing against my leg." Robin said "What?! Whaat are you talking about?" The vehicle hit a bump pushing the two closer together and Batgirl said "Robin, why are you sweating?" and Robin kept saying "Thinkcleanthoughts" to himself over and over again. When Batman freed the two, Robin has hunched over with his cape covering his body to hide an erection. Batman asked him "Robin? You OK, chum?" and he said "Um, it's nothing." Batman said "You're sure?" and Robin had an uneasy smile. :rofl:
    heh, sounds like some shit Frank Miller would write.

have you ever read Robin: Year One?

pretty good Grayson story.
    Robin Year One is on my get around to it sooner or later list. I've only heard good things about it.
    reading world war 3 right now, all i have to say is, black fucking adam. dude is serious.
    Robin Year One is on my get around to it sooner or later list. I've only heard good things about it.

I picked it up when it was new, and I must say, probably the best Prestige Format book I've ever picked up (four issues).

the art is very stylized, and the story is quite good.
  • Pained AuronPained Auron teh cock of justice Joined: Posts: 2,098
    jesus christ. black adam fucked hella people up. ww3 was enjoyable. unlike IC....
    R.I.P. Brian Graham aka Mummy-B 3-28-82 - 8-25-04
    with blood and rage of crimson red..ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.together with our hellish hate.we'll burn you all-THAT IS YOUR FATE
    black adam is easily my fav dc character at this point. no contest. i want his own series lol.
  • ChairHomeChairHome hiding under your bed Joined: Posts: 1,733
    black adam is easily my fav dc character at this point. no contest. i want his own series lol.

Ask and you shall receive... kind of:
    And if you think that the fact that he lost the magic word and his powers makes him weak, then you are sorely mistaken. Writer Peter Tomasi and artist Doug Mahnke are hard at work on a Black Adam mini-series that picks up immediately following the events of 52 week 52, and Teth-Adam is more lethal and terrifying than ever.

Check out the full interview here:
    http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=109688
    With a preview of the first three pages of the next 52.
    O Hadoken!
    |=( -O)
    /\

Cool nintendo av not by me :-(. Found it on the net.
  • OverworldOverworld Low Tier Joined: Posts: 1,595
    Yeah I have been really enjoying 52 so far, I haven't read all of the WWIII standalones yet, but 52 50 was pretty good.
    Really, that last page with Nightwing and crew made the whole story worthwile.
    You know, I had forgotten Terra was even back, well...though I suppose I won't have to remember her now...Was this why Geoforce (or whatever her brother was called) got Terra's powers? And what about that black haired Terra that showed up in that promotion pic awhile back?
    Ask and you shall receive... kind of:

Check out the full interview here:
    http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=109688
    With a preview of the first three pages of the next 52.

fuck yeah man. good lookin out.
  • Nightwing1990Nightwing1990 WING-NUTT Joined: Posts: 370
    Just got the nightwing annual, going to start reading it I am so happy:lovin:
    :pray:NIGHTWING OWNZ ALLLLLL:pray:
  • DSDS Hell Revealed Joined: Posts: 4,904
    World War III was ass. 'Nuff said. I read through it all in one sitting and felt nothing while reading it. Nothing at all. It was just another JSA story and it focused entirely on J'onn J'onnz.
    <Chibi> ill make sure to have komi invite you when he weds his hug pillow though
    <@bellreisa>; you may now kiss the waifu
    <@bellreisa>; if you're lucky she might even kiss back
  • DebaserDebaser no box required Joined: Posts: 764
    World War III was ass. 'Nuff said. I read through it all in one sitting and felt nothing while reading it. Nothing at all. It was just another JSA story and it focused entirely on J'onn J'onnz.

Word. I expected some resolve with the Batgirl-Slade issue, but I get jack shit. Plus she gets punked by fucking Risk in TT(still was a pretty good issue tho).
    Edward James Olmos? You got class man! Kemo Sabe!
    -Gandido
    AV by Worthless, Infinidragon, Epp1e, SuicidalGrandpa, DominoLogic
    I was reading through some old issues of "The New Teen Titans" tonight (I'm trying to build a complete run, but I've only got a small stack right now.)

I have a lot of key issues, such as the 1st Terra, most of the Judas Contract, First Brother Blood, etc. As well as the first appearance of the New Teen Titans themselves.

but I hadn't actually sat down to read any of it.........but GODDAMN is that good writing! (and art!)
    Word. I expected some resolve with the Batgirl-Slade issue, but I get jack shit. Plus she gets punked by fucking Risk in TT(still was a pretty good issue tho).

Just about. And let's not forget that Week 50 summed it up and made it appear a lot better than what the individual issues made it out to be. Yay, another J'onn J'onz telepathic meltdown. Seriously. What. The. Fuck?

The Question was sacrificed for this bullshit? Fuck outta here with this bullshit. Thank you, DC. You dropped the ball in such an immense way it's ridiculous.
    <Chibi> ill make sure to have komi invite you when he weds his hug pillow though
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    WWIII was garbage. MM was not in character at all for this shit. This weak World War Hulk ripoff pissed me off because they charged for 4 stinking issues of crap.
    WWIII was garbage. MM was not in character at all for this shit. This weak World War Hulk ripoff pissed me off because they charged for 4 stinking issues of crap.

WWIII basically explains how MM got that shitty redesign. A shitty story leading to a shitty ending that shits out crappy results. Fuck. I wasted money on this.
    yeah the manhunter is ugly now, but black adam ruined faces. literally.
    Just about. And let's not forget that Week 50 summed it up and made it appear a lot better than what the individual issues made it out to be. Yay, another J'onn J'onz telepathic meltdown. Seriously. What. The. Fuck?

The Question was sacrificed for this bullshit? Fuck outta here with this bullshit. Thank you, DC. You dropped the ball in such an immense way it's ridiculous.

Cliche hero ressurrection FTW?
    -Gandido
    yeah the manhunter is ugly now, but black adam ruined faces. literally.

Fuck yeah. Father Time caught it bad.
    Cliche hero ressurrection FTW?

Which if you look at the last page, it basically gave away the event AND what the fuck is gonna happen. Thanks, DC. You spoiled the big event, rather than building up to it. cake mews.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Double post! or was it.....??????
    that's why i'd suggest reading 49 and then ww1-4 as week #49a-d. which would be of course followed by 50.

btw, would anyone have an invite to demonoid.com i could get?
  • Bowling PinBowling Pin Throwback Era Joined: Posts: 830 mod

Wait, what?

Vic died as an indirect result of the Gotham Intergang subplot, which WW3 is another indirect spin off from. All the miniseries was meant to do was quickly explain what happened in-between 52 and the OYL books without fucking up the flow of 52. Otherwise there's no correlation between Question's death and the disappointment stemming from WW3.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
  • ShinkuuRShinkuuR Still Pissed Joined: Posts: 1,070
    that's why i'd suggest reading 49 and then ww1-4 as week #49a-d. which would be of course followed by 50.

btw, would anyone have an invite to demonoid.com i could get?

I'll check on the Demonoid when I get home if you don't already have one.

And yeah, reading through 50 was alot more satisfying than WWIII, which sucked. Good thing BOP and the Nightwing Annual came out the same day.:rock:
    Being the only person to follow the rules, and then getting mocked relentlessly by my peers for it... that's the kind of shit that creates supervillans.
    -Shaft Agent

SF4 Rose matches: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinkuuR
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,496 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Kryptonite is real.............:wtf:?
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    Wait, what?

Vic died as an indirect result of the Gotham Intergang subplot, which WW3 is another indirect spin off from. All the miniseries was meant to do was quickly explain what happened in-between 52 and the OYL books without fucking up the flow of 52. Otherwise there's no correlation between Question's death and the disappointment stemming from WW3.

Yeah, I know. But, The Question being killed is still something I really disliked about 52. 52 wasn't exactly the greatest thing ever. A lot of the issues were hit or miss. I think it was just a crappy way to kill off The Question.

I guess I'm just a bitter fan because I lost one of my favorite characters in a sub-par series that leads up to the next sub-par series that will lead up to next summer's(?) big event. =/

I seriously don't like the direction DC is going in at the moment with a lot of their books.
    Cover has Red Tornados head with a number of gears that look like Earth along with a countdown 51,50,49,48

The ticker at the bottom of the page reads The Mystery in Space revealedTime is broken51 issues down and one more to go

Homecoming

The book is penciled by Joe Bennett. The origin is the Justice League of America; written by Mark Waid and drawn by Ivan Reis.

Week 51, Day 1
    California: Ellen arrives home from dinner with a family friend, Roger. As Ellen approaches the front door to her house she notices a bright glow behind her. When she turns around and back down the porch to the yard, she sees Buddy glowing and floating above the ground. When Ellen starts towards Buddy, he tells her not to come any closer since he is still solar powered. Buddy sits cross-legged while continuing to float and eventually lands on the ground. Ellen and Buddy are joined by their kids wearing sunglasses. Unknown to them, Buddy has been followed home.
    Voice 1: Target identified.
    Voice 2: Wait until weak, then kill for bounty.
    Voice 1: For Lady Styx.

Week 51, Day 2:
    Metropolis, Superman/Superboy Memorial: A number of people, many of which are heroes, are gathering at the memorial to honor the one year anniversary of Superboys death. Donna (in her Wonder Woman outfit) meets up Cassie (In her Wonder Girl outfit).
    Cassie: You heard about Ralph Dibny, Donna?
    Donna: Fire told me.
    Cassie: Theres something so strange about it allnow Ill never be able to say Im sorry.
    Donna: Youll find a way Cassie

During their talk Agent Prince looks on surveying the crowd. Jimmy Olsen spots Robin and asks him about his costume and why it is just red and black, to which Robin tells him that They were his colors while looking up at the statue of Superboy. Cassie still upset, takes off with Donna.

Week 51, Day 3
    Rann: Sardath has performed a procedure on Adam Strange which has given him new eyes. The new eyes are based on a copy of his daughter Aleaas eyes and upgraded to allow Adam to see across the entire electromagnetic spectrum. Sardath then informs Adam that they have been under attack from the Flame Creatures for a few days now. Adam tells them that all you have to do is cut off their oxygen When he asks about Kory, John Stewart tells Adam that she said something about a jacket. When asked about the Emerald Eye, Adam says that Lobo has it. Adam is then joined by his wife and daughter and the three leave together. When a Green Lantern is about to stop them, John Stewart puts his hand on the other Lanterns shoulder and tells him The man just flew across half the galaxy, blind, and saved us all from Lady Styx. How about you and me deal with the monsters this time?

Week 51, Day 4
    Space: Lobo and Fishy return from their pilgrimage for the Emerald Eye.
    Lobo: After many adventures, me an Fishy secured th Holy Relic ya sent me ta collect. Though I hafta confess I had all kindsa trouble stickin ta my pacifist vowsMaybe now Im done, ya might consider releasin me from my obligations. Why didja want this thing so badly, anyhow, exalted three-in-one? Dont think I ever found that out.
    Triple Fish: Why, it is because of the prophecy, my child. It is said that the Emerald Eye of Ekron is the only weapon in the universe that can kill me. Thought Id best keep it safely where I can see it.
    Lobo: Killya? Ya dont say

Lobo gives a big grin and the Eye shoots out a beam.

Week 51, Day 6:
    Baker House: Buddy is telling his friends about what happened in space when the doorbell rings. When Ellen answers the door, she is met by two aliens holding guns at her; Bounty for Lady Styx Die die die. There is then a quick blast and both aliens are gone. Standing in the doorway is Kory who hands Ellen Buddys jacket and then passes out.
    Ellen: Did Roger order a stripper?
    Buddy: Ellen! Kory is space royalty.
    Cliff: Wow, shes like ET-- but with double dds! Can we keep her?

Week 51, Day 7
    Rocky Mountains: Skeets is flying through some workshop. He comes across Morrow who is looking down with a gun in his hand.
    Skeets: The android caught a glimpse of the garden. And made a map
    Morrow: Here he comes. This is exactly how they said it would happen. 52 worlds52 Morrowsand it all comes down to me.
    Skeets: I want that map!
    Morrow: ErrGentlemen?

Rip and Booster appear out of a doorway with Rip holding a huge gun.

Rip: Thanks for luring him, professor. Well take over from here. Pray for the sake of the 52, we dont screw up this time!
    Booster: Take it easy Skeets, we know your data got corrupted somehow
    Skeets: Skeets is dead, Michael. I ate him from within to make a cradle. A cocoon. Imagine my disgust! The mind of an alien genius trapped in the body of a lowly caterpillar! Until, irradiated with Suspendium particles, I began the transformation that now concludes. Its too late to stop it. The 52 weeks of my gestation are complete. At last the chrysalis can hatch. Behold the metamorphosis of MR. Mind! Im hungry. Im so hungry I could eat a universe. Ill start with yours, shall I?

Skeets opens up to reveal Mind reveals in his new form that looks like a cross between a Predator and the Alien Bug at the end of Men in Black.

Booster: Oh, dear god
    ***Rip grabs Red Tornados head***
    Rip: Too late. Again. Damn it! Booster, grab whats left of Skeets and get into the Time Sphere! Morrow, activate your androids and get out of here! hurry!
    Booster: Itsits hideous!
    Rip: You havent seen anything yet. Come on! We stay here we lose!
    Booster: Where are we going?
    Rip: Back. Back to where it all started.

Next in 52: The cover is much like Week One with a tombstone with the Questions hat on top, Ralphs wedding ring on a chain hanging off it, Ralphs costume wrapped around it and on the ground, Ralphs flask on the ground and Isis headband on the ground with Starfire, Martian Manhunter, Steel, Animal Man, Booster Gold and Natasha in her Steel uniform standing behind.

all credit goes to mazingman from the dc boards
    with blood and rage of crimson red..ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.together with our hellish hate.we'll burn you all-THAT IS YOUR FATE
    Cover has Red Tornados head with a number of gears that look like Earth along with a countdown 51,50,49,48

The ticker at the bottom of the page reads The Mystery in Space revealedTime is broken51 issues down and one more to go

Homecoming

The book is penciled by Joe Bennett. The origin is the Justice League of America; written by Mark Waid and drawn by Ivan Reis.

Week 51, Day 1
    California: Ellen arrives home from dinner with a family friend, Roger. As Ellen approaches the front door to her house she notices a bright glow behind her. When she turns around and back down the porch to the yard, she sees Buddy glowing and floating above the ground. When Ellen starts towards Buddy, he tells her not to come any closer since he is still solar powered. Buddy sits cross-legged while continuing to float and eventually lands on the ground. Ellen and Buddy are joined by their kids wearing sunglasses. Unknown to them, Buddy has been followed home.
    Voice 1: Target identified.
    Voice 2: Wait until weak, then kill for bounty.
    Voice 1: For Lady Styx.

Week 51, Day 2:
    Metropolis, Superman/Superboy Memorial: A number of people, many of which are heroes, are gathering at the memorial to honor the one year anniversary of Superboys death. Donna (in her Wonder Woman outfit) meets up Cassie (In her Wonder Girl outfit).
    Cassie: You heard about Ralph Dibny, Donna?
    Donna: Fire told me.
    Cassie: Theres something so strange about it allnow Ill never be able to say Im sorry.
    Donna: Youll find a way Cassie

During their talk Agent Prince looks on surveying the crowd. Jimmy Olsen spots Robin and asks him about his costume and why it is just red and black, to which Robin tells him that They were his colors while looking up at the statue of Superboy. Cassie still upset, takes off with Donna.

Week 51, Day 3
    Rann: Sardath has performed a procedure on Adam Strange which has given him new eyes. The new eyes are based on a copy of his daughter Aleaas eyes and upgraded to allow Adam to see across the entire electromagnetic spectrum. Sardath then informs Adam that they have been under attack from the Flame Creatures for a few days now. Adam tells them that all you have to do is cut off their oxygen When he asks about Kory, John Stewart tells Adam that she said something about a jacket. When asked about the Emerald Eye, Adam says that Lobo has it. Adam is then joined by his wife and daughter and the three leave together. When a Green Lantern is about to stop them, John Stewart puts his hand on the other Lanterns shoulder and tells him The man just flew across half the galaxy, blind, and saved us all from Lady Styx. How about you and me deal with the monsters this time?

Week 51, Day 4
    Space: Lobo and Fishy return from their pilgrimage for the Emerald Eye.
    Lobo: After many adventures, me an Fishy secured th Holy Relic ya sent me ta collect. Though I hafta confess I had all kindsa trouble stickin ta my pacifist vowsMaybe now Im done, ya might consider releasin me from my obligations. Why didja want this thing so badly, anyhow, exalted three-in-one? Dont think I ever found that out.
    Triple Fish: Why, it is because of the prophecy, my child. It is said that the Emerald Eye of Ekron is the only weapon in the universe that can kill me. Thought Id best keep it safely where I can see it.
    Lobo: Killya? Ya dont say

Lobo gives a big grin and the Eye shoots out a beam.

Week 51, Day 6:
    Baker House: Buddy is telling his friends about what happened in space when the doorbell rings. When Ellen answers the door, she is met by two aliens holding guns at her; Bounty for Lady Styx Die die die. There is then a quick blast and both aliens are gone. Standing in the doorway is Kory who hands Ellen Buddys jacket and then passes out.
    Ellen: Did Roger order a stripper?
    Buddy: Ellen! Kory is space royalty.
    Cliff: Wow, shes like ET-- but with double dds! Can we keep her?

Week 51, Day 7
    Rocky Mountains: Skeets is flying through some workshop. He comes across Morrow who is looking down with a gun in his hand.
    Skeets: The android caught a glimpse of the garden. And made a map
    Morrow: Here he comes. This is exactly how they said it would happen. 52 worlds52 Morrowsand it all comes down to me.
    Skeets: I want that map!
    Morrow: ErrGentlemen?

Rip and Booster appear out of a doorway with Rip holding a huge gun.

Rip: Thanks for luring him, professor. Well take over from here. Pray for the sake of the 52, we dont screw up this time!
    Booster: Take it easy Skeets, we know your data got corrupted somehow
    Skeets: Skeets is dead, Michael. I ate him from within to make a cradle. A cocoon. Imagine my disgust! The mind of an alien genius trapped in the body of a lowly caterpillar! Until, irradiated with Suspendium particles, I began the transformation that now concludes. Its too late to stop it. The 52 weeks of my gestation are complete. At last the chrysalis can hatch. Behold the metamorphosis of MR. Mind! Im hungry. Im so hungry I could eat a universe. Ill start with yours, shall I?

Skeets opens up to reveal Mind reveals in his new form that looks like a cross between a Predator and the Alien Bug at the end of Men in Black.

Booster: Oh, dear god
    ***Rip grabs Red Tornados head***
    Rip: Too late. Again. Damn it! Booster, grab whats left of Skeets and get into the Time Sphere! Morrow, activate your androids and get out of here! hurry!
    Booster: Itsits hideous!
    Rip: You havent seen anything yet. Come on! We stay here we lose!
    Booster: Where are we going?
    Rip: Back. Back to where it all started.

Next in 52: The cover is much like Week One with a tombstone with the Questions hat on top, Ralphs wedding ring on a chain hanging off it, Ralphs costume wrapped around it and on the ground, Ralphs flask on the ground and Isis headband on the ground with Starfire, Martian Manhunter, Steel, Animal Man, Booster Gold and Natasha in her Steel uniform standing behind.

all credit goes to mazingman from the dc boards

They really couldn't have chosen someone...... a little more imposing?
    -Gandido
    Woo! I found a hella deal in a dollar box today.......

got the first appearance of the Modern Batgirl, for a buck!
    52 POO!

ELIMINATED

Sheng-Long, Week 51 - When I think of the number 51 I can't help but think of Area 51 where the government houses all of those aliens. What, it's real just like Kryptonite... Anyway picking the number 51 won't get you X-Force issue #1. It's too bad, because... not saying that Liefeld is an alien but his pencils are... out of this world... who knows maybe there is a planet out there where people have messed up elbows and tiny ankles. :rofl:

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!

http://gobbluth.ytmnd.com/

REMAINING

Adam Warlock - Week 52
  • boxbox Joined: Posts: 1,611
    Picked up Justice Society and Justice today.

Justice Society was pretty decent. Nice to see the interaction between the Justice League and the Justice Society.

Justice was a little crazy. Last issue was all fighting, and this issue is all fighting again, and i'm sure the final issue will be all fighting. Alex Ross is a good artist and all, but there are a lot of action scenes where I simply can't tell what's going on. Too much energy beams or something. I dunno.
  • eddymastaeddymasta The Man Without Fear Joined: Posts: 702
    Hey hey, DC heads. I was wondering, if I wanted to start reading batman, what tpbs should I start with? I'm guessing batman:year one stuff?
    GGPO: Angrylobster
    Year One would be a good one, as well as Long Halloween, Death in the Family, Hush, and No Man's Land.
    Hey hey, DC heads. I was wondering, if I wanted to start reading batman, what tpbs should I start with? I'm guessing batman:year one stuff?

Son of the Demon LAWL.
    -Gandido
    Read Dark Knight Returns and Batman Year One. Since the subject of 'which Batman books should I read' has come up more than once, skim this thread -

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=122324

Quickly, I'll say read Batman Black & White 1 & 2, Killing Joke, Child of Dreams, those are some of my favorites. I'm forgetting stuff I'm sure.

So a quicky week wrap up for me since SRK ate my post yesterday -

Outsiders Annual - So so
    52 - Great!
    Teen Titans Go! - Great!
    Ninja Scroll - Good!

Now don't go saying all of my posts are too damn long. :rofl:
    Got around to reading JSA. Very good, I'm happy about Legion of Super Heroes characters in our time. Still, I wonder what DC editorial was doing when Batman said that Two Face and Riddler were still in Arkham? How'd they let that one slip by? Now, I got bored with Batman OYL but, um, Harvey hasn't been Two Face since Hush. And even if I'm wrong about that... Riddler's a detective now, not in Arkham. Hmm, more fixes for the JLA / JSA TPB I guess... :rofl:
  • BoelBoel all this post up in your butt Joined: Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    upon moving back home I have been going through all the comics i had amassed. From what I can gather I would collect a comic as long as Devin Grayson was writing it (Gotham Knights, Nightwing) and then stop once she left. I still get Nightwing every now and then because I have a hideous mancrush on him.

I also recommend picking up any/all of the Outsiders run (again bought in the beginning solely because of Nightwing) I really like Judd Winnick's stuff, even the life and times of juniper lee. :(

Also randomly I dunno if they ever made it a trade or not, but "Reign of Emperor Joker" is probably one of my favorite "run in multiple comics" things.

oh yeah EDIT: I would be remiss if I posted in a comics thread and didn't scream FABLESSSSSS
    I picked up the first appearance of Nightwing for $5 this weekend.

good deal......man, The Pittsburgh Comicon was great this year.....despite all the cancellations (and there were a LOT), there were TONS of deals to be had......I got 65 comics, knocking out huge gaps in my runs of New Teen Titans, Young Justice, and Impulse, and finishing out some major storylines I wanted from Legends of the DCU, Young Justice, GI Joe, and Secret Wars.
    Welcome to my last Spoilers for 52, and I hope that you have enjoyed the ride and appreciate all the hard work that DC has done to provide us with such a ride and in a timely fashion week after week. Before I begin I would like to ask that we keep the conversations generated from these Spoilers to this thread until tomorrow, Wednesday, when the book comes out and is available as some readers do not want to have their reading of 52 Spoiled and my intent is to provide Spoiler ONLY to those that want Spoilers. It is also my hopes that the Spoilers will inspire you to buy the book if you are not already doing so as my Spoilers are just words and there is a lot more to a comic book than just words and the Spoilers can not replace the hard work that the art staff for 52 has provided nor replace the writing of the book itself.

So, lets all give Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison, Greg Rucka, Mark Waid, Keith Giffen, J.G. Jones, Alex Sinclair, Stephen Wacker, Michael Siglain, Dan Didio and all of those not mentioned a hand for a job well done. Thank you all.

52 Week 52

A Year in the Life

Written by Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison, Greg Rucka and Mark Waid.
    Art Breakdowns by Keith Giffen
    Pencils by Mike McKone, Justiniano, Eddy Barrows, Chris Batista, Pat Olliffe and Darick Robertson

Week 0, Day 0
    Rip, Booster, the head of Red Tornado and the remains of Skeets are traveling in time to a year ago when the Multiverse was created. Rip explains to Booster that when all of the Earths collapsed back into one another after Conner Kent sacrificed his life to save our reality creating New Earth that in a cosmic act of self-preservation, as you just saw, it began replicating. There are 52 identical Earths in 52 identical cosmos all occupying the same space and each on their own vibrational plane. What Red Tornado saw was the same thing that Rip had seen being the creation of the multiverse and his computer brain had mapped it.

A giant Mr. Mind appears behind the Time Sphere. He tells Rip and Booster that he will be the dominant life form not only on Earth but on all Earths. Mr. Mind then regurgitates the Phantom Zone towards the Time Sphere looking to trap Rip and Booster in the Phantom Zone. Supernova then appears and is hit with the blast, from Mr. Mind saving the Time Sphere. Rip then turns to Booster and informs him that the technology in the Supernova suit is able to deflect and restore the Phantom Zone to its proper dimensional plane. When questioned by Booster about Supernova, Rip tells him and Supernova takes off his mask that it is his ancestor Daniel Carter in the suit. Rip explains to Booster how Daniel got imprisoned in endless time loop of 52 seconds stolen from Earths timeline and that he moved the time loop into the time stream in which they are at. Rip also informs Booster that he gave Daniel the Supernova suit because its keyed to the Carter genetic code. Mr. Mind then starts to alter his vibrational frequency to try and tear the Time Sphere apart. Rip has Red Tornado match Mr. Minds frequency for an Earth jump which ends up taking the Time Sphere and Mr. Mind to Earth 17. Upon their arrival Mr. Mind starts eating years and events from this universes history altering the Earth. Red Tornado makes another Earth jump leaving the present Metropolis in shambles with knights riding on big dog like creatures.

Next they arrive at Earth 3 and spot the JLA. Mr. Mind starts eating and altering events causing the creation of the Crime Society. Earth 10 is shown with the Freedom Fighters, Earth 50 is the Wildstorm Universe, Earth 5 is the Marvel Universe, Earth 22 is the Kingdom Come universe, Earth 2 is Earth 2 and Earth 4 is the Charleston universe.

Rip then informs Daniel and Booster that they need to trap Mr. Mind because if he spawns where they are at that Hyperflies will devour the consciousness of every living thing, and leave all of creation to rot in mindless darkness forever. Booster then starts to doubt himself and what he can do when what little is left of Skeets tells him that he has the utmost faith in you. Booster quickly pulls himself together and grabs a hold of Skeets and tells Rip One thing I do know is where to find the kind of energy source we need and then jumps in time. Once Booster is gone, Rip finishes gearing up and jumps in time himself.

Booster makes his arrive on New Earth the day after the first Crisis. He appears behind Blue Beetle looking for his amulet in the debris of some ruined buildings. Booster tells Beetle that he bets it turns up just where you least expect it. When Beetle turns back around Booster is gone.

At the house of the Sivana Family, Sivana is gathering his family together to get into the Suspendium Globe to save them from what Sivana suspects will happen. Rip then appears and shoots Sivana in the leg and takes off with the Suspendium Globe himself.

Both Rip and Booster arrive back at the Time Sphere. Rip uses the Suspendium Globe to attract the Hyperflies as artificial time. This stuff works like crack cocaine on a hyperfly. Rip and Booster then use the Beetle Amulet to give the Supernova suit an extra power source to get Mr. Minds attention by creating a giant flash and then they disappear.

The Time Sphere returns to Rips lab at which time Rip starts to work on Skeets. Mr. Mind then makes his presence but he is much smaller upon his arrival starts to grow. Rip hands Skeets to Booster and tells him that he has reinforced his shell with Suspendium to help imprison him. Booster jumps towards Mr. Mind with Skeets half opened and slams Skeets closed with Mr. Mind trapped inside. Rip tells Booster that The faster and harder it moves against the Time Stream, the more Chronal Energy the Suspendium will pick up. Move it with enough force and it becomes the only thing that can save the Multiversea Time Bomb that will end the threat of Mr. Mind. Booster takes Skeets and throws him into the open hole in time telling Daniel to go long. Daniel/Supernova jumps in after it and heads back in time; Danny, Rips calculated the exact time and place Mind has to end up! While passing Week 2 Day 1 it is shown where Mr. Mind entered Skeets in Magnus lab. Supernova continues back and grabs a hold of Skeets and spikes him into the ground in the desert on Week 1 Day 1.

Having heard the noise of the Time Bomb, Sivana goes to see what it was. As he approaches the crater of the explosion, Sivana notices Mr. Mind and picks him places him in a sealed tube.

Supernova then pops back out through the time hole and into Rips lab. Rip tells Daniel and Booster that no one can know what happened.
    Booster: Hell with that. Modestys for the forgotten. Im gonna make damn sure that everyone knows who rescued their asses.
    Rip: Is there not enough credit in all of time and space to make you happy? Will you not rest until history finally recognizes that Booster Gold saved the---
    Booster: Not me. Skeets. Its not fair. He ought to be remembered. He was my best friend.
    Rip: Is. While I was reinforcing him with Suspendium, I copied his mem-self into a leftover responsometer. Its crudebut we both know who can do the full restoration.
    Rip Booster and Supernova then get into the Time Sphere and enter the Time Stream showing off the Multiverse and its different worlds.

Week 52, Day 6
    Checkmate HQ: A Task Force is proposed to the creation of capturing Teth-Amon
    Metropolis, Steelworks:
    Natasha: Did they say what happened to Infinity Inc? No ones seen them
    John: You ask me, Nat theyre long gone.
    Kahndaq: A hand is seen reaching down for the Amulet of Isis which is sitting in some flowers.
    Washington DC, Department of Metahuman Affairs: Nemesis and Agent Prince are in Sarge Steels office.
    Sarge: theyre tagging him the Most Wanted Mortal in the World. Someone will find Black Adam but I pray that someone isnt us.
    In an Arabic city you see a pair of legs with crocodile boots on.

Golden Rule Preschool, Sheffield Alabama: A huge fiery hole is in the center of a class room floor with the teacher showing two men a stack of pictures that all of her students drew just before the fiery hole happened. The spectral forms of Ralph and Sue are shown floating by the pit. Sue looks at Ralph and says Honey, your nose is twitching

Magnuss House: Magnus is working on Skeets and tells Booster that before he fixed him, he had made a backup copy of his records and that he will remember everything except for the past year. Skeets is closes up and back to normal.

Week 52, Day 7
    Gotham City: A razor is shown scrapping off the question mark on the Bat-Signal and replaced with the Bat-symbol. The person fixing the Bat-Signal is shown to be Renee in the Question outfit.
    Meanwhile inside of Kates apartment, Kate is being visited by a doctor. She is told that she is recovering quickly but it will still take time. When asked if she remembers how she was stabbed or who brought her to the ER, Kate tells her no. The doctor leaves the apartment and when Kate closes the door her apartment lights up from the light of the Bat-signal. Kate looks out her window and sees Renee/Question standing by the Bat signal.
    Renee: I have a question. Are you ready?

THE END.

credit goes to mazingman at the dc forums