DC Comics Thread

Comments

• MrHalfawakeMrHalfawake I got nothing Joined: Posts: 46
    He still lives in Glasgow, is there a chance of bumping into him?
    There's a very good chance of running into him, and I hope I'm going 100 miles an hour when it happens.

ouch

I know the man's a goat licker but that's pretty harsh Mr Morrison
  • Kusanagi FireKusanagi Fire Joined: Posts: 52

I know, it's big but I really needed to share this with my buddies here in DC Comics. In ALL the years he has been drawing comics, Liefeld has not improved at like...all.

Let's highlight what I can tell easily that is wrong:

1. Feet were conveniently left out, they prove to difficult to get right.
    2. Why is Dove's fingers all the same length?
    3. Those hips don't lie.
    4. WHERE IS OTHER DOVE'S ARM?!

Took out the picture since it's big, but hahahah. This is so true. Seeing Liefeld's art today makes me cringe even though I don't remember having a big problem with it back in the 90s when I was a kid. I'm really not sure what it is. CBR had another Liefeld image in their Twitter art post for the 52 Reboot and it was just terrible. Some guy in a gray suit in a chair...?

Snyder is on the main Batman book? Hmm, tempted to give it a try now.
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    Anyone who hasnt read it, it is now mandatory for you ALL to get the three Flashpoint Batman issues. SOOOO good, words cannot describe that work of art.

Probably the best new comic I read this year, hands down.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • SanoSano SRKSANO on PS4 Joined: Posts: 13,062 mod
    Batman Inc. this week - OH DAMN! Awesome issue! Virtual reality looking Shuma-Gorath thing in the HIZOUSE! Morrison's playing MvC3 on the low word! :rofl:
    Called early and had TMNT and Batman, Inc tossed into my folder to be safe. Also exchanging comic doubles I got by accident for what I wanted.
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    Batman, Inc. #8 and Superman Beyond #0 were claimed by me.

Can anyone tell me wihen the next Batman Beyond issue drops, and if the #0 SB issue is to test the waters for a series?
  • MrHalfawakeMrHalfawake I got nothing Joined: Posts: 46
    Well that wraps it up for Gates of Gotham

damn I loved this mini. really makes me hopeful things to come with Snyder and Higgins. He did alright by Cassandra Cain and that means he's a-ok in my book. and damn I loved the art
    Finished reading the Batman Arkham City mini. Pretty good story and artwork to match, but you can probably skip this comic altogether and jump right into the Arkham City video game with no real problems. Which was probably done intentionally to be fair.

Anyway Robin showed up in it and... I really haven't been keeping up with the game and stuff but he had blonde hair? Who the hell is that supposed to be? OG blonde Jason Todd?

Don't get me wrong Arkham Asylum is a great game but my biggest gripe with it is the character designs suck and it looks like I'm not going to like them in Arkham City either. The only character that looked good in Arkham Asylum was Joker because they pretty much left him alone. I just wish they did the same for everybody. None of the designs were broke and none of them needed fixing. I'm still getting Arkham City but I wish the character designs, particularly the costumes were better. Catwoman looks good in the new game, but once again they left her design alone for the most part.

Well if it is Tim Drake Robin in Arkham City I guess dying your hair blonde is one way to hide your secret identity...
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    Justice League 90s Retrospective was hilarious and great. It was written by Keith, J M DeMatties with beautiful art by Kevin Maguire.
    If you're looking for a good laugh definetly pick this up.
    Sigh Giffen era JL is best JL (even if they don't have Aquaman)
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • BENSKIBENSKI ~V4~ Joined: Posts: 1,083
    Anyone who hasnt read it, it is now mandatory for you ALL to get the three Flashpoint Batman issues. SOOOO good, words cannot describe that work of art.

Probably the best new comic I read this year, hands down.

Im quoting and checking it out tonight, when I pick up my copy for JL. I was also planning to to grab the 1-5 issue today of flashpoint. i wanted to wait till its finish.
    -Benski Designs-
    http://www.youtube.com/watchthoseguys review show
    Good luck, I am still waiting on Flashpoint issue #2 and #4, along with FF #2. Diamond is being dicks lately since they are the only large distribution of comics, they set things at their own pace.
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,064
    soo, ma and pa kent are gone for the relaunch? I dunno guys but I liked Byrne's first 5 Man of Steel back in the 80s
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
    Got my copy of JL#1 tonight at a midnight release. So far # 1 is going on a good start. They even had a raffle for the 25$ variant cover, I got that amazing luck lol.
    I also picked up 1-5 flashpoint. The moment I saw zoom on the front cover for #5 had to get it.

@flashpoint - Ah I get it now lol.
    -Benski Designs-
    I dont see the point of a midnight comic release, what a dumb idea. Especially when said comic is like 30 pages and resolves nothing. Even for DVD/BD releases it boggles my mind.

Games are cool though.
    First issue of JL was a good read.

Cyborg starting out as a JLer bugs me, it's Smallville all over again. But in the sketches in the back they call him a 'Titan to be.' I guess if he eventually joins the Teen Titans it's cool.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk
    I guess they got tired of using John Stewart as their media black dude, time for Cyborg to step in and take the load off.
    Martian Manhunter was the blackest guy in the JL..Oh well hes in stormwatch now.
    -Benski Designs-
    Yeah MM was pretty black, considering he was attacked by evil hating White Martians and all.
  • NAPNAP Joined: Posts: 1,812
    So my local comic shop owner told me Stormwatch is perhaps a series worth keeping an eye on in the relaunch. What do you guys think?
    Yeah I think I'm sticking to JL, Action Comics, Nightwing, Batman and Robin, Outsiders, Teen Titans and Swamp Thing for now. If you try Stormwatch let us know how it is.

Lol I remembered that Cyborg and Firestorm were the newest characters on Hanna Barbara's Super Powers cartoon. I guess there's some precedence for Cyborg starting out on Justice League, other than Smallville.

Not sure if he's even going to join the JL right away and they might just be retelling his origin. The current JL story is a flashback story and the book will eventually take place in current time like the other books. Maybe Cyborg will join then. Hmm.

• Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Hero for fun Joined: Posts: 3,933
    I was curious. Does DC ever touch upon the afterlife in their comics?

Listening to : Nas / N.W.A / ChocQuibTown / David Wise / Kool Keith / Sadistik / Undogmatic

Justice League was interesting, not much there other than macho throw my super dick around moments between the boys but eh. I liked it for what it was.

My 52 pull list that I can remember: Detective Comics, Batman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, JL, Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing, Flash, the Demon one.

Might get GL and JLI but dunno.
    Flash teaser for sept 28 release.

Im also planning to grab JL dark. Wanna see how constantine fit in this. Outlaws and Stormwatch are also def for me.
    -Benski Designs-
    Started my catch up and I loved Superman Beyond 0, I haven't raed much DeFalco, but I liked this from him. If there are more issues I hope they'll be as good as this one.
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
    Preview for Dark Knigt #1 is out. Looks promising and the art is amazing.
    -Benski Designs-
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,211
    Ok so I just read DC's preview of the new 52 and I gotta ask... Why so many Batman titles? There's like four just for Bruce Wayne. I'm not really a DC reader so I don't know how these titles are different from one another.

Anyway there are a handful I'm interested in. Good time to get into DC.
  • DA GAMEDA GAME Version 3.5 Joined: Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Any of you guys plan on checking ouit Action Comics #1 ? I may pick that up Wednesday along with Detective Comics #1 also
    It's by Morrison, and seems to be the ONLY book Morrison is writing, I'd be crazy to miss up on that book =p
    Any of you guys plan on checking ouit Action Comics #1 ? I may pick that up Wednesday along with Detective Comics #1 also
    Those 2 are like a must for DC readers. I for one wanna know how the hell clark got his plated kryptonian armor lol.
    Preview for Tmrws Detective Comics # 1

Jst an fyi for tmrw's releases, incase some forgot:
    Action Comics
    Animal Man
    Batgirl
    Batwing
    Detective Comics
    Green Arrow
    Hawk and Dove
    Justice League International
    Men of War
    OMAC
    Static Shock
    Stormwatch
    Swamp Thing
    -Benski Designs-
    Ok so I just read DC's preview of the new 52 and I gotta ask... Why so many Batman titles? There's like four just for Bruce Wayne. I'm not really a DC reader so I don't know how these titles are different from one another.

Anyway there are a handful I'm interested in. Good time to get into DC.

It's because everyone loves Batman and his books sell is all. The same reason Marvel puts Wolverine and Spider-Man in everything.

Batman won our character fan poll a while back. Hell people are talking about Batman in the Marvel thread. :rofl:

Mainly picking up Batman and Robin because I loved Tomasi on this book and Nightwing before. Aside from that waiting for Morrison's Batman Inc. to return and wrap up. Kind of tired of Tony Daniel and not familiar with the other Bat writers.

Funny I was thinking if we would have a character popularity poll near the end of this year =P
    So Sano, think one could be made?
    Character poll rules, mostly because I helped create it...I think.

Also don't hate on Batman, you can never get enough Batman seriously. If you complain, you are a commie.
    Yeah it was your idea, in response to IGN's horrible top 100 comic book characters list. Our list was better. No Garfield. :rofl:

Yeah it was your idea, in response to IGN's horrible top 100 comic book characters list. Our list was better. No Garfield. :rofl:

Oh yeah lol, where we bitched for a week then made our own. Our list kicked ass, I look forward to this year so I can advocate Batman and Daken.
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Hero for fun Joined: Posts: 3,933

Don't rag on Garfield. Me and him are cool. Only comic character I know of that loves food as much as me.

Listening to : Nas / N.W.A / ChocQuibTown / David Wise / Kool Keith / Sadistik / Undogmatic

Im def up for more batman titles. So far Ive picked AC,DC, Batwing, Batgirl and storwatch are all pretty good so far. JLI was meh.
    -Benski Designs-
  • NoiNoiPinoyNoiNoiPinoy WorldWideDentist Joined: Posts: 224
    Im def up for more batman titles. So far Ive picked AC,DC, Batwing, Batgirl and storwatch are all pretty good so far. JLI was meh.

Think the Wonder Woman relaunch will be good?
    * Reppin' that 254 and San Antonio *
    * PSN: NoiNoiPinoy *
    * X-box Live: NoiNoiPinoy *
    * CvS2: C-Groove Joe, Blanka, E. Honda *
    * Super Turbo: E. Honda, Zangief *
    * Third Strike: SA1 Ryu, SA1 Hugo *
    ^^ Yes yo can quote me its gonna be good, in the long run :P
    -Benski Designs-
    Don't rag on Garfield. Me and him are cool. Only comic character I know of that loves food as much as me.

Have you read the comic strip lately? It hasn't been funny in over 20 years. Joint was hysterical in the beginning, but the older Jim Davis got the more his sense of humor went out the window. Same thing happened to Schulz with Peanuts, but at least he had Rerun to give us a laugh here and there. Jim Davis has lots of characters he put out to pasture, it's basically the Garfield, Odie and Jon show. Either Garfield complains about Monday, eats a lot, kicks Odie off the table or makes fun of Jon being a dork. Wash / rinse / repeat for two decades...

That alone should auto ban Garfield from the top 100 anything. Maybe a comic strip specific poll only (and I still wouldn't rank him that high) but one that's supposed to represent the spectrum of all comics? Um yeah how about NO.

Anyway, I read Action Comics and to my surprise I'm not impressed. This is supposed to be a younger Superman right? Well he's already in Metropolis, already best friends with Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane and Lex Luthor were in issue one. So what seperates this from a regular Superman comic exactly? That he's a jerk, wearing jeans and working for a rival newspaper? Um okay...

It did have a strong ending and Lex continues to show why he's the man so there was that.

I'll hang in there because of Grant Morrison for a little while and hope there's a reason why he's doing what he's doing.