Need help using K-groove Kyo

SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
I am a K-groove player and sometimes have a diffucult time trying to figure out a strategy on using Kyo for k. I was wondering if anybody could be kind enough to lending me some advice and tactics on playing a K-groove Kyo?

Also if you could give me some really advanced heavy damaging combos too?

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    1. Knock them down
    2. Mix up wiht the following things:

short jump d+fierce
    short jump crossup d+fierce
    short jump cr. lk cr lp cr mp qcf+P combo
    short jump crossup cr lk etc.
    short jump throw

When you're raged, do random qcb hcf+P super for no reason and it'll always connect

I hope I helped!
    Pretend you're fresh off the boat from HK, can't speak english, and low jump around a lot whiffing d.HP's.
    Thanks alot, I will put that information to use
    everything has been pretty much covered as far as practical combos afaik, you should concentrate more on one character at a time and/or read the other threads where most of what you are asking for is already covered, and then ask questions on what you don't understand or haven't found.
    Stop revealing my secret 'whiff d+HP from across the screen' tactic!
    This combo takes just about half life without a super
    and more in rage mode...

J.Fk, S.Fk, QCF+Fk,k , F+FP, qcf+LP, hcb+lp,lp

DMG:6951

This is probally his highest damaging combo without a super...

Note: the first part of the qcf chain whiffs but the rest connects...

DMG in K-Groove(rage mode): 8043 (Just insane:evil:

PS: I forgot to mention to do this near the corner.. :o

Later...:cool:
  • Gamma RayGamma Ray Bonerific Joined: Posts: 106
    that QCF+K, K part...I'm ahving trouble with that. it doesnt cancel form the S.RHK, does it? If it does than I just nbeed more pactice...
    Infinite ammo. One Shot Kills. Rockets Only.
    It has to be the close standing roundhouse, not the far one. The far one is only super cancellable.
    say i heard that with kyo qcf+hp can go through anything if you just time it right
    ehh..

it doesnt go through everything but ive seen it stop regular
    punches and kicks, kind of like changs hold Back then Forward+P..
    :)
    ehh..
    Originally posted by Neo Odin
    it doesnt go through everything but ive seen it stop regular
    punches and kicks, kind of like changs hold Back then Forward+P..
    :)

LOL, it's called auto gaurd. kyo had since his early kof days. but it's too hard to time. it can go through fireballs, normal moves....anything that's a one hitter, i think.

ok anyhow, the forward+fp into rekka, does more damage than dp.fk? hmmmm.......just do the dp.fk. it's easier to time, and people can't roll out of it. then again, i'm not sure if the people can roll out of the forward+fp into rekka...
    HK players are elite... They're good enough to use the auto guard move as anti-air.
    Originally posted by kcxj
    HK players are elite... They're good enough to use the auto guard move as anti-air.

I'm not l33t, but I use it as an AA. = P He just doesn't have a reliable AA.... missed DP = death...... Far sHK is ok.... sHP is ok.... it's just that there's nothing consistent enough to stop crossups. cHP is too easy to stuff.....
    Try my anti-crossup Kyo tactic. It consists of two steps:

1) Just Defend the crossup.
    2) Get thrown.

This is foolproof apart from the "get thrown" part. Still working on that.
    I got his qcf+fp to go through a psycho crusher once. It was crazy. we did it at the same time, and it looked like i countered it, and i got the hit. Craaaazy ^_^
    Does anyone know the number of auto-gaurd frames Kyo has during his Qct.Frc?
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    An atom is small. The counter frame is smaller.:lol: It is near non-existant, nothing like kof.
  • KamuiKamui Joined: Posts: 304
    There is a 4 frame window, Which is about half the amount of invinciblity normal DP's have. Almost worthless. Way too much risk involved.
    Originally posted by LiSyaoran3063
    Does anyone know the number of auto-gaurd frames Kyo has during his Qct.Frc?
    Ven - "This is scary...egotistical ol' Kamui and goofy ol' BonusKun VS. the wall of SNK otaku."
    I used it effectivly a few times. I started doing it against Psycho Crushers and crap like that. Not a bad move. Just have to work at it.
    yeah I agree i have been also working with it for some time, and it works it's just that there is a timing.......... I think?
    Does anyone think that it's possible to win with kyo at evo? and if not how come? if so what groove?
  • DooMDooM Joined: Posts: 1,036
    ppl can even win with kyosuke if they want, but u just need to know lotsa tactics and be good....
    Originally posted by DooM
    ppl can even win with kyosuke if they want, but u just need to know lotsa tactics and be good....
    yeah I thought that too but like I don't think it would only be tactics, I think that you would really have to combo. I have been wondering though how can you play defense with kyo? He kinda seems like a offensive charcter and you have to combo alot to.
  • DooMDooM Joined: Posts: 1,036
    its all about random things everytime, dont do the same thing twice in a row, the examples given are pretty good, use like 3 of em in a round or something, poke them with DF+HK/roundhouse, and just be... random :)
    Originally posted by DooM
    its all about random things everytime, dont do the same thing twice in a row, the examples given are pretty good, use like 3 of em in a round or something, poke them with DF+HK/roundhouse, and just be... random :)
    alright I will hold you to that
  • epsilon_epsilon_ helpful Joined: Posts: 3,582
    No one will ever use Kyo to win Evo, because he DIES to C Chun. Gets sbk trapped, can't out poke her, gets crossed up like a mofo and can't stop it, and has to be defensive as hell when she has meter.
    i don't care what the critics say, violence is a beauuutiful thing!
    Small Jump D.HP on only middle or small character. Tall character like sagat can punish you easily because of his height. Don't even think of doing that move on K-Groove also, if they JD(and its easy) then perpare to be combo.

Safest move to get close is small jump mk.
  • FreddyL0c0FreddyL0c0 Joined: Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    But then again, short jump cr fierce crosses up tall characters WHEN knocked down if timed right.

Also about that combo( medium new wave kick, into forward fierce then rekka overhead) does it really do more damage than dp high kick????

I know dp hgh kick stuns like hell, but I see players like makoto and President using it when opponent is stunned, so can somebody give me the exact damage on both.
    Spencer Dante Hawkeye aka raw tags are the future
    http://www.youtube.com/user/freddyl0c0 (more soon)
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Uppercut between the d.mp and SBK, or JD it all, not too hard. If she cancels it from a fierce you're fucked.
    goodness there is NOTHING to do but read these posts in the library! as u can tell, i'm pretty damn bored, so i thought i might say a couple of things....

- i use kyo mainly in c, a, or k. but this is a k thread, so i'll try not to include other stuff.

- when i start a string, i think i always start with cr.short. majority of the times i go into the cr.jab, cr.strong into rekka combo. but sometimes i might go from cr.short into cr.strong. if i see that my cr.short hits, then i have enough reaction time to do the qcf+forward kick after the cr.strong. if the short doesn't hit, then i just proceed with rekkas.

- the links and strings i use:
    cr.strong, cr.strong
    cr.short, cr.jab. cr.strong (sometimes st.strong)
    cr.jab, cr.fierce
    cr.short x4, d/f+rh
    occasionally, cr.strong, standing rh

- fierce rekkas, i love that move. remember, you can delay the shit out of the 2nd rekka (the hcb+p part). so i do the qcf+fierce, then delay the hcb+p, or not do anything at all. there are a couple of things you can do from here, whether or not they get hit: walk up and throw them, go for the third hit of the rekka, or start another string.
    it's kinda risky because if they block the second hit, they could super you, or poke u, even though they'd have to be quick.

- i like doing cr.strong, cr.strong, into fierce rekkas, or cr.short, cr.jab, cr.strong, into fierce rekkas. they don't combo (unless the strong is a counter hit), but most people seem to block the fierce rekka, probly cuz they're expecting the jab or strong version. from there i try to play some mind games....

- u can rush down k kyo JUST LIKE you do with shotos.

- his standing rh is a pretty good poke. if your quick enough, i think u can link his hcb, qcf+p super. it has to be lvl 3 tho.....or maybe lvl 2...

- his d/f rh is so annoying. i like to use this when i'm slightly closer than sweep distance. either this or st.rh.

oh wow, look at the time. i didn't know it would take so long to write this!! hope any of my stuff helped.........
    you know the other day I was fighting a geese player and he threw a repukan at me and I did kyo's st.hk and hopped right over it and kicked him and he did it again and I did the st.hk again and it worked?
    Yeah, Chun-li's s.hk has these same properties. It lets you hop over low hitting moves. Reppukens(not Geese's double though), Blanka's Slide etc....
    Originally posted by FreddyL0c0
    But then again, short jump cr fierce crosses up tall characters WHEN knocked down if timed right.

Do you mean it somehow OTG's and combos, or as they're getting up?
    No, he means its a crossup overhead. If say Chang was getting up and wasn't blocking in the right direction of not blokcing high, he would be crossed up on wakeup, resulting in another knockdown.