Colorado thread: 2014 that stuff down

Comments

• artificerenartificeren Joined: Posts: 762
    Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, for those who don't know Cutthroat is running the game room for the up and coming anime convention Wasabi 2010. With that in mind we will be hosting tournaments at this event. To get more information on the event go here:

www.coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatWasabi.php

Is this tourney using 360 or ps3? Are you allowed to change the button config? No banned characters, right?
  • Half-RoHalf-Ro Omae wa mo shinderu.... Joined: Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • ChaveloChavelo Ants in the Sky Joined: Posts: 172
    Awesome... Gonna definitely keep a bookmark on this thread. Need to get on the CO scene soon. :-D

/new to the community :-P

EDIT: Oh crap monkeys... Quick reply button borked on me... Double posts = >X-O
    /\ New in the community?

Ya. Are those dumb questions? I couldn't find any answers anywhere on the tourney site. Seems kind of confusing to say to bring your own controller, but then not say what system they are using.
  • FallingEdgeFallingEdge Unblockable elbow Joined: Posts: 3,302
    Welcome peeps!

The CO community posts in this thread from time to time but the main place for the CO Fighting Game scene is extrafresh.net

More specifically, the ExtraFresh forums.

Create an account, start up a new thread introducing yourself, or just post in one saying what's up. New blood == good thing.

:tup:
    Microphone checka, swingin' sword lecture
    Closin' down the sector, supreme neck protector

Extra Fresh League - Colorado fighting game scene
    http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/
    http://twitter.com/fallingedge
  • DancingFighterGDancingFighterG CEO of C3 Joined: Posts: 250
    Yo, this is DancingFighterG

Colorado Cutthroatis teaming with Animeland Wasabi to provide the ulimate gaming experience that no other anime show has ever seen. Cutthroat will be providing a 24 hour gaming room ALL WEEKEND LONG filled today's most popular games and old school favorties with the chance to win cash and prizes any many of the tournaments that weekend. If you are looking for good competition, new rivals, new friends, the BEST ANIME EXPERIENCE and the BEST GAMING around then you found the right place.

Address: 4040 Quebec St. Denver, CO 80216

Date: Friday, Saturday, Sunday March 5-7 2010

Cutthroat Wasabi Website: http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatWasabi.php

Wasabi Website: http://animelandwasabi.ning.com/

Cutthroat Live Stream: http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatLive.php

Workshop Schedule
    Starts - Friday/Saturday/Sunday - 24 hour gaming

Workshop (Times will be announced the day of those workshops)

Friday Workshops:

-Soul Calibur 4
    -Tekken 6
    -Smash Bros. Brawl

Saturday Workshops:

-BlazBlue
    -Street Fighter 4

Sunday Workshops:

-Whatever you want

Note: BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER / GUITAR / STICK

Tournament Format

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/Rules.php

Games:

3D:
    -Soul Calibur 4
    -Naruto Ulitimate Ninja Storm
    -Tekken 6

2D:
    -BlazBlue
    -Smash Bros. Brawl
    -Street Fighter 4

First Person Shooter:
    -HALO 3
    -Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2

Music:
    -Rock Band 2 (Sponsored by Death of the Arcade)
    -DJ Hero

Racing:
    -Mario Kart Wii

Other:
    -Little Big Planet
    -Wii Recreation
    -Retro games

Tournaments:

-Tournament times are posted here:

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/cutthroatwasabi.php#tschedule
    Ya. Are those dumb questions? I couldn't find any answers anywhere on the tourney site. Seems kind of confusing to say to bring your own controller, but then not say what system they are using.

Not at all, I was just wondering. Not to speak for DFG but, I am assuming the tournament is on ps3 for all fighting games.
    Awesome... Gonna definitely keep a bookmark on this thread. Need to get on the CO scene soon. :-D

/new to the community :-P

EDIT: Oh crap monkeys... Quick reply button borked on me... Double posts = >X-O

Welcome!

Both of you guys check out/join: www.extrafresh.net when you get the chance. That is Colorado's largest fighting game community site.
    Hello, Half-Ro!

I signed up for extrafresh today, and got member-approved, though I have (maybe?) a little navigation problem... I'm not able to see your forums correctly in my browser... It appears empty everytime I log in... :-(

EDIT: I use chrome as my default browser... Fired up Firefox and the site works now. Odd, though. :-/
    Not at all, I was just wondering. Not to speak for DFG but, I am assuming the tournament is on ps3 for all fighting games.

So they expect 360 and pc users to buy a stick just for tournaments? Don't think I can justify that cost.
    So they expect 360 and pc users to buy a stick just for tournaments? Don't think I can justify that cost.

Maybe they think that people should be ready for either PS3/XB360?

I think the deal here is that if you wanna be participate actual, "serious pants" tournaments such as the Cutthroat Wasabi, you should cover both bases and mod your stick to be dual-modded (PS3/PC with possibly XB360) or go ahead and get another stick for the PS3 just to be safe.

Unless, you know, they change the rules or something just to be nice to everyone. :-P

I also run help to run tournametns for the efl and here is the deal: No one expects you to do anything. If you don't like the format for tournaments (which is apparently the most common one, Evo is also running all applicable fighters on the ps3), you are not forced to join. Maybe casual gatherings where peoples 360's are available to play on is more your style.

I find the most common reason for running PS3 over 360 is because a. in the beginning of this new generation nearly everyone had ps2 sticks and ps2 - ps3 adapters were readily available (and still are) and b. the console is/was much more reliable for a tournaments sake. I have never had an issue with PS3's not functioning in the middle of a tournament, leaving us one station down to play on. There are many cases of 360's rrod'ing in the middle of tournaments causing issues with time frames, ect.
    I also run help to run tournametns for the efl and here is the deal: No one expects you to do anything. If you don't like the format for tournaments (which is apparently the most common one, Evo is also running all applicable fighters on the ps3), you are not forced to join. Maybe casual gatherings where peoples 360's are available to play on is more your style.

Maybe my tone came across wrong. I wasn't trying to be belligerent or whiney. I'm just disappointed I won't be able to participate any time soon. But the "not forced to join" thing seems a bit unnecessary. Obviously there's no expectation on me personally, but the simple fact is that, yes, the expectation is that 360 owners, as a group, need to buy a ps3 controller to join the party. Hey, you have your reasons, it's just disappointing from my point of view to find that out.
  • FallingEdgeFallingEdge Unblockable elbow Joined: Posts: 3,302
    It goes both ways really. In a casual environment, there are plenty of 360 and PS3 setups so it is easy to play on either one.

For tourneys, the EFL runs it on a PS3. Just because that is the case doesn't mean you can't participate. There are more than enough people willing to let you borrow their stick/controller. I don't recall there ever being an issue where someone couldn't enter a tourney because no one would let them borrow a stick.
    Microphone checka, swingin' sword lecture
    Closin' down the sector, supreme neck protector

Extra Fresh League - Colorado fighting game scene
    http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/
    http://twitter.com/fallingedge
  • LogosLogos Mountain Beast Joined: Posts: 754
    What FallingEdge said. People are always open to sharing and shit at tourneys.
  • AuraWindAuraWind Joined: Posts: 44
    You dirty scrubs need to dual-mod and quit taking my sticks!
    Maybe my tone came across wrong. I wasn't trying to be belligerent or whiney. I'm just disappointed I won't be able to participate any time soon. But the "not forced to join" thing seems a bit unnecessary. Obviously there's no expectation on me personally, but the simple fact is that, yes, the expectation is that 360 owners, as a group, need to buy a ps3 controller to join the party. Hey, you have your reasons, it's just disappointing from my point of view to find that out.

Oh, I am sorry then. Just was trying to convey my point. Of course, text is a really hard medium to decipher when it comes to thoughts/opinions. You are right, it would alienate 360 users but, either decision mad would alienate any side chosen. I hope you can understand. Also, Andy (falling) is right 100% in saying that people let other people borrow sticks with no issue and we have had a 360 set up or two for casual games at the EFL tournaments as of late. Don't be discouraged because you don't have an outright, self sufficient means of playing because a lot of players depend on others to help them out at tournaments controller wise (maybe 20- 35%).
    Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Artificeren, Cutthroat tries to accomondate by having lots of controllers avaialbe for players but also have a couple of arcade sticks at our events. Arcade sticks are fewer only because people have specific type of sticks that they like to use so sometime it does not work for everyone. That's why we encourage people to bring there own sticks and controllers so they can play on a controller that they have broken in!! Let me know if you have any questions!!
    Yo, this is DancingFighterg. Hey Chav, Cutthroat tries to accomondate by having lots of controllers avaialbe for players but also have a couple of arcade sticks at our events. Arcade sticks are fewer only because people have specific type of sticks that they like to use so sometime it does not work for everyone. That's why we encourage people to bring there own sticks and controllers so they can play on a controller that they have broken in!! Also, we like to keep game on one dedicated system because we don't want a situation where one person prefers and 360 pad while the other prefers a PS3 pad. By sticking to one system it makes things easier. I personally have a stick that plays on both 360 and ps3 so when I use stick I can go to either system. That's cost some money though so that's why we make it affordable and easy for players!! Let me know if you have any questions here or on the Cutthroat forums!!
    Yo, this is DancingFighterG.

SuperCon 2010 - Education of the Gamer

SuperCon is back!! After an exciting convention last year, SuperCon is coming back with more tournaments, more casual based events, and even more giveaways. This year's SuperCon features the Road to SuperCon series which allows players in all featured game tournaments to earn a seeding for the NVGA national championship. For the first time ever, SuperCon is also featuring PC gaming. The strength of PC gaming and console gaming together is sure to bring an exciting weekend! Qualifying for seeding position in game tournaments will be available in NVGA chapters across the nation. With more education for gamers, expanded game list, more eye catching exhibits like RockBand, and even more to win; this SuperCon is one you don't want to miss! Below are SuperCon details:

Date: Friday and Saturday - August 13-14 2010

The official post thread for this event on this site is here:

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=227114
  • IntenseIntense Level ?? Boss Joined: Posts: 43

You got the best stick for modding (360). Throw a ChImp in your stick and you'll be set for both systems. If you know how to solder its not hard to wire up.

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162026
  • joeresiorexjoeresiorex RIP CVS2! 4-15-2010 Joined: Posts: 183
    wow dancer dude always starts his crap with

Yo, this is DancingFighterg..

Yo this is joeresioREX yo yo yo yo yo yo
    1. facebook.com/pages/JoeresioREX/188444049880?ref=ts
    2. Face book: Joeresio Blake
    3: Youtube.com/Joeresio
    4. gamertagpics.com/xbox-live-profile/joeresioREX
    Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Make sure you check out our live feed this weekend at AnimeLand Wasabi:

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatLive.php
    Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Pre-registration for SuperCon opens on Saturday!! Also, make sure you stay update to SuperCon up to date here:

www.supercon2k.com/News.php
  • GnarrGnarr Monsterifik Joined: Posts: 394
    Stopping by this thread again to see wuzz goooooood.

I signed up on EFL and I'm waiting for approval or something. I'm gonna be moving up to Denver by June at the latest to go to school. I'm really looking forward to getting into the Colorado fighting game scene. I play quite a bit with really good people in Missouri, I'm hoping to bring up a good challenge to you doods.

Anyway I only play SF4 (soon to be super) but I was seeing if anyone wants to get some games in on xbox live. Just send me a friend request and lets get some games in!!!!

XBL: mudrah MB
  • motohmotoh Joined: Posts: 168
    There were people who played fighters in missouri? None near Sedalia/Warrensburg, I hope. Or I wasted 4 years of lonely frustration sucking and not having comp.

~M
    Let me tell you, browsing SRK is so much nicer when you disable javascript.
  • GnarrGnarr Monsterifik Joined: Posts: 394
    There were people who played fighters in missouri? None near Sedalia/Warrensburg, I hope. Or I wasted 4 years of lonely frustration sucking and not having comp.

~M

Yeah the really good people are from St. Louis. They have a pretty big tekken and sf4 scene. I live in Columbia and it's not as big, but there is still good competition.
  • torntorn Free as the Wind Joined: Posts: 291
    So does Denver still play T6 or what?
  • SlickVicSlickVic Joined: Posts: 13
    yes-
    check the Community Gathering thread
    http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=852&page=10#Item_12

People were at Stikfiga's house this past Saturday playing T6. The rest of us were at the tourney in the Springs.
    www.extrafresh.net
  • DarkCatDarkCat Rushdowninator Joined: Posts: 149 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hay guyz.
    Darkcat no function games well without.
    Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Information concering SuperCon regional qualifiers and the state championship are up:

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatRanbat5.php
    http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/CCCT.php
    Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Due to a corrupt file in the tournament software I'm not able to give the full results here is the vids from the event:

www.coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatLive.php
  • True_TechTrue_Tech dragon the body Joined: Posts: 2,742 mod
    yo yo yo springs is doing weekly gatherings, we grinding for evo at mr.biggs we'll have sf4 and melty blood there. we also got st and 3s cabs come on down today will be the first of many. ranbats are also possibly in the works.
    http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=929&page=2#Item_3
  • True_TechTrue_Tech dragon the body Joined: Posts: 2,742 mod
    The first gathering at biggs was a success, we had two set ups going the whole time, plus 3s and st cabs. both me and klt got in some mak vs ibuki matches praticing for super hope yall are ready to lose. we may be taking a break next week, i'll keep everyone informed. we also have monthly ranbats in the works.
  • VirulentVirulent Joined: Posts: 38
    yooo colorado. i just got settled in boulder from tampa FL.

so whats poppin here? what do yall play? any cvs2?
  • JediMindTrickJediMindTrick 303 $tar General Joined: Posts: 17
    Sup Virulent. Welcome to CO! Most of us post on www.extrafresh.net, so any info on local tourneys or gatherings will be posted there. Theres a CVS2 cab in the Aurora Mall (Town Center at Aurora) that still gets play randomly.
    But I think either FallingEdge or Logos lives up towards Boulder.
    Welcome to the scene.
    303 baby, Three Zero Three
    Heavenly Divine
    Mind Trickin by Design since '99
  • LogosLogos Mountain Beast Joined: Posts: 754
    I used to live in Boulder and FE was up in Longmont at one point, but not any more. Like JMT said, post up on EF and I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to play.
    Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Cutthroat Splat event this weekend down in Colorado Springs

www.coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatSplat2.php

Virulent, welcome to the scene. Definitly check out all the events that are going down in Colorado here:

www.coloradocutthroat.com or www.extrafresh.net

I'm owner of Colorado Cutthroat so don't hesitate if you have any questions.
  • VirulentVirulent Joined: Posts: 38
    edited March 2014
    vvdssd
    Post edited by Virulent on
    Yo, this is DancingFighterG. For those who like pictures check out all the amazing pictures from SuperCon 2009:

http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=cats&do=sc&cat=56

LOL!! Welcome again Jeff!! Hope to see you around!!
    Yo, this is DancingFighterG. For those who like pictures check out all the amazing pictures from SuperCon 2009:

http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=cats&do=sc&cat=56

LOL!! Welcome again Jeff!! Hope to see you around!!