Advanced A2 Discussion

Comments

• Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Poison To You Joined: Posts: 16,303
    Hey, I recently got back into A2. How many of you guys are active on GGPO/2DF? I don't want to play random dudes just yet. I want to level up with some SRK members first. I can host on 2DF and I have a great connection.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,194 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    In general there are at least 2-3 good people on.
  • DreamfireDreamfire ~And it's a long way forward, so trust in me. I'll give them shelter, like you've done for me.~ Joined: Posts: 167 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Now a'days if I'm online it's super early morning, unless I'm off from work.
    <randomdps> Yes, it's like your characters are walking through a sea of gummy bears
    Darian on how slow A3 is.

<Hakero> fucking brazil is in tropical geography
    Hey, I'm trying to get down doing reversal's in A2. How big is the reversal window? Is it even worth it getting it down or is it just a pipe dream?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • epsilon_epsilon_ helpful Joined: Posts: 3,582
    it's 1 frame just practice it.
    i don't care what the critics say, violence is a beauuutiful thing!
    That's what I thought. No wonder I couldn't hit it consistently. I'm used to 2-5 frames for reversals.

That's what I thought. No wonder I couldn't hit it consistently. I'm used to 2-5 frames for reversals.

Also for reversals make sure you are doing the right move, lp dps always lose to lows if you are a shoto for example (rare cases it trades).
  • blazeu25blazeu25 blaze it up Joined: Posts: 2,054
    reversals are deff worth gettin it down
  • xX_Deus_XxxX_Deus_Xx ItsCool2BeDismissive Joined: Posts: 2,579
    subscribe to thread

p.s. what tier is evil ryu?
    Have fun, and be safe with it.

Just kidding. Fuck shit up.
  • DreamfireDreamfire ~And it's a long way forward, so trust in me. I'll give them shelter, like you've done for me.~ Joined: Posts: 167 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    He's pretty much top, since he's exactly like normal Ryu except better.

Pros: Full screen blowout on CC, multi-hit juggling hurricane kick, teleport.

Con: Multi-hit DP now. (Upside to this is during his CC his DP is still a single hit.) Takes more damage than normal Ryu.

Everything else is the same about him, but he's technically not tournament legal.
    <randomdps> Yes, it's like your characters are walking through a sea of gummy bears

and he has akuma teleport. i sitll dont no y ppl ban him since hes not broken. if anything ban chunli lol
    since when is evil ryu banned? hes not even 3rd best.
    On paper he's the most broken character. Full screen CC blow out is really really retarded.

uhh? so is he broken or not? because i would like to play with him. (no homo)

Go ahead and play with him. In my opinion (and several other top players) he's fairly broken. That doesn't stop us from playing him though, but come time for a tournament or something..you can see RSX's latest tournament he initially banned him until a couple people weren't sure why and wanted to play him. The rule came down to you can play him if the opponent doesn't care.

He isn't an instant win or anything like that, but he's better than normal Ryu by a good bit, who is already in top 4.

• CSSCSS i quit mashing custom finally Joined: Posts: 174
    On paper he's the most broken character. Full screen CC blow out is really really retarded.

the e.ryu mirror match is tight, when they both have meter nobody throws out a poke because they don't want to get blown out.
    NickRocks wrote: »
    And GGPO players wont travel, they are like 14 and play on keyboard
    full screen blowout is crazy, yes

but i still dont think he is as good as chun-li rose or ken.
  • strizzmatikstrizzmatik Brick = Shat Joined: Posts: 250
    Hahahaha, SFA2 was the point where my SF game started getting serious. Definitely one of the most balanced SFs ever. I usually main Sodom, Sakura, Charlie, and Sagat, and pick Ken when I need to win hehe. Speaking of, anyone know where I can cop the old VSBooks guide or find scans of it somewhere? Best strategy guide ever made IMO
  • yatesyates RandomDragonPunches Joined: Posts: 66
    full screen blowout is crazy, yes

but i still dont think he is as good as chun-li rose or ken.

Hmmm, I'm thinking maybe you don't really know what "full screen blowout" actually means, in terms of its practical implementations. E.Ryu is not as good as Chun/Rose? O'kay, let's break it down as simply as possible. What makes Chun and Rose so good in open play? High priority normals. You can't just CC them whenever you want, because, odds are, Chun's cr.mk/cr.rh is going to stuff you, and Rose's cr.mp is going to stuff you. What makes E.Ryu so good? The fact that by his nature he negates the usefulness of normals almost entirely. I mean, it's really that simple. You have to bust your ass to outplay E.Ryu, but he doesn't have to respond in kind. E.Ryu can outplay you, AND he can bullshit you all day, or both. I have no problems beating Chun with Ken/Ryu/Akuma. I have even less to worry about when I'm E.Ryu, because I don't have to outspace her at all.

I'll play E.Ryu against your Chun/Rose for 50 matches if you'd like. I'll even make sure to get liquored up first. What exactly would your game plan be? I'm curious. You have it even easier still, though, since I suck at SF nowadays and I can barely throw a fireball. I think I would win 50 matches straight, to be honest, and I've never played E.Ryu in a real match even once, period. That's how confident I am that E.Ryu is easily top.
    "I'm ALWAYS jacking off on GGPO." - dreamfire -
    i'd like to see this happen, just to be sure that i shouldnt play him.

i mean cmon, who wouldnt want to play him? hes evil AND hes ryu.

Hmmm, I'm thinking maybe you don't really know what "full screen blowout" actually means, in terms of its practical implementations. E.Ryu is not as good as Chun/Rose? O'kay, let's break it down as simply as possible. What makes Chun and Rose so good in open play? High priority normals. You can't just CC them whenever you want, because, odds are, Chun's cr.mk/cr.rh is going to stuff you, and Rose's cr.mp is going to stuff you. What makes E.Ryu so good? The fact that by his nature he negates the usefulness of normals almost entirely. I mean, it's really that simple. You have to bust your ass to outplay E.Ryu, but he doesn't have to respond in kind. E.Ryu can outplay you, AND he can bullshit you all day, or both. I have no problems beating Chun with Ken/Ryu/Akuma. I have even less to worry about when I'm E.Ryu, because I don't have to outspace her at all.

I'll play E.Ryu against your Chun/Rose for 50 matches if you'd like. I'll even make sure to get liquored up first. What exactly would your game plan be? I'm curious. You have it even easier still, though, since I suck at SF nowadays and I can barely throw a fireball. I think I would win 50 matches straight, to be honest, and I've never played E.Ryu in a real match even once, period. That's how confident I am that E.Ryu is easily top.

sure on saturday i'll play u if you're free. not in a cocky way at all, just genuinely curious, don't clame to be god at this game, but i know my stuff and im smart,i think you would have a very hard time beating my chun/rose that many times in a row.
    E.Ryu pretty much controls the pace of the match when he has meter. Not to mentioned easy links to cc and a incredibly strong one at lvl 1. Teleport is a plus and his damage output is real good, Raging Demon is real good in Sodom/Gief matches. Shit, I sometimes just whore lvl 1s and build emter all match, through some fbs and teleport into them. Either you randomly blowout cc and custom them or do the fb/teleport shit. He still has great shoto normlas and gameplay, but with that cc get out of jail free card. FS blowout is just retarded since if you was doing ANYTHING other than blocking low you get fucked. He can even travel slighty and still cc if its a blowout vs a valle cc which must be instant low. And dont forget that ALL his fireballs knock down, not just fp version. 1 right guess equal cc + alot of free meter cause the double dp follow up, then kara a dp or 2.
    post vids, plz?

Saturday should be fine. That gives me some time to learn a combo or something. What is it, level 1 CC: st.mp, finish with fierce dp, jab dp, jab dp?
    Yea, or the normal Ryu CCs. Or our hopkick madness is always fun too.

Yeah, after playing a bit, I noticed that, for 1.5-character spaces: "Activate, cr.rhxxfrc.fireball, hopkick cancel hurricane, dp" does a fucking CHUNK. Which, combined with the blowout, gives him a massive damage CC from Zangief-ish Valle CC range. Pretty strong.
    meh ill play both of u and u both can pik e ryu one me :P
  • B_IzMB_IzM First among equals Joined: Posts: 268
    I put some Guy matches on my page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BIzM81
    My Vampire Savior Youtube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/B3nner
    sure on saturday i'll play u if you're free. not in a cocky way at all, just genuinely curious, don't clame to be god at this game, but i know my stuff and im smart,i think you would have a very hard time beating my chun/rose that many times in a row.

so...? what happened? is evil ryu brokeN?

• BleeperBleeper Joined: Posts: 122
    RagingStormX, dreamfire... so it.... CC - Medium Kick/DownForward - Medium kick/UpForward

or CC - Medium Kick/DownForward - scouter jump (forward,MK)

its the launching the opponent into the air part thats not quite working for me.

Yeah it takes getting used to. I personally am still having toruble getting it down pat and i only get up to about 80 damage wise. Tis is what you do:

Activate

Sweep

NEutral

Tap down back,to upforword and mash
    bump for evil ryu.

aka metsu bump.

His fullscreen blowout makes him super gay, pretty much can't blindly rush him once he has meter. He is in control. Unlike regular ccs you cannot counter his cc with a normal, anything that isnt a special moves loses. It's safe and you can mix up if blocked and if it hits at lvl 1 you get about 50% damage and meter back.
    but is he broken....?

Lol old ass vids, at least he caught the Gief rapage lol. Ken is his main I main Gief/Sim.
  • eidrianeidrian The Last Regret Joined: Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hi, i didn't know where to post these, but i uploaded some Zero 2 videos from Mikado that i bought some time ago. They were DVDs and the level is great, so i'll let you be the judge.

These are for Zero2, the 2nd mikado battle:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HHK4PQFU
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZYD5RDMJ
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZCXVH8Q5
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=30D6XOJQ
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WQ3BWR2U

Size is about 3gb, but there are 2 videos there, download at your own risk.

-eid
    * SRK MvC2 Mixes available on my homepage! *
    Deceive.
    Inveigle.
    Obfuscate.

Is it these videos?
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,540
    this guy has an extended collection of Custom Combos for most A2 characters: http://www.youtube.com/user/KeikoMars#g/u

very nice stuff
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Indeed Aqua,I like to use the first one (Guy vs Akuma),fast and nice :)
  • yflowyflow Shoto Scrub #339482 Joined: Posts: 445
    Am I just imagining things, or is the PS1 port of Alpha 2 way way way way different than the Alpha Anthology port?