Advanced A2 Discussion

18910111214»

Comments

• AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,540
    Background Object removal
    I know this will fix most stages. The only one i'm not sure about is Rolento's stage.
    how did you do that? does it work online?
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    It will cause desyncs online if your opponent doesn't have the patch.

I found in the ram where the background objects were located. Then set a watch point to figure which command activated them then set a break point and trace log to look at the code. Go to that place in the Rom. I turned all the zero's to a -1 so when the game adds 1 to activate. The objects are off since -1+1=0.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• TNBTNB Bye. Joined: Posts: 1,180
    This isn't all that advanced but I'd like to know how to fight some gimmicks.

Akuma tatsu spam.
    I want to punish this move HARD. I was playing against a Brazilian and he was just BELLIGERENTLY abusing this move.
    It's really safe on block, gains meter, and on hit it juggles. I've tried shoto c hp and it doesn't work, which is lame.

I can jab it with most of the characters I've tried but that isn't all that great. No dmg.
    That being said I can probably just start a cc with jabs and go into something more damaging.
    I can Shoryu it with good timing. That said it could be supered/ shoryu cc'd.
    Dunno about Choonri upkick cc.

Dunno about AC. Scared to try it, might act like it's own AC reversal tbh because of how much it hits.
    Would chun sweep beat it like an air move?

Ken clk, chk sting to ambiguous roll setups.Will a properly Ac'd hk beat even an ambiguous roll? If I guess wrong and the other player has meter stocked I eat a huge damage CC.
    Mattsun even uses these setups. But are they safe enough to be legit? They seem really hard to guess unless there's a clear pattern set by the opponent.
    and.. rolling.
    214 input?
    A bit too basic, yes. I'm not used to rolling in this. I know it's punishable if done incorrectly though as I've hit a recent opponent out of them.
    Skills and attitude prove worth as a player, not the internet.
  • CSSCSS i quit mashing custom finally Joined: Posts: 174
    edited April 2013
    I've got nothing else to do.

Chun Tier
    Chun-Li

Does Your Character Have To Play Footsies? He Doesn't Tier
    Evil Ryu

"Fair" Top Tier
    Rose
    Akuma
    Ken
    Ryu

Black Ops 2: Sticks and Stones Tier
    Rolento

Manliest Tier
    Zangief

Girliest Tier
    Sakura

For Try-Hards Tier
    Sodom
    Dhalsim
    M.Bison
    Charlie
    Sagat
    Guy
    Adon
    Gen
    Birdie
    Dan

No Custom Combo = No Bueno Tier
    Old Dhalsim
    Old Zangief
    Post edited by CSS on
    NickRocks wrote: »
    And GGPO players wont travel, they are like 14 and play on keyboard
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,650
    can anyone recommend some good Charlie player to watch in this game? I'd like to learn this shit.
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,194 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm one if the few Charlie's on there you can add me on Skype for matches same as srk name
    TNB wrote: »
    This isn't all that advanced but I'd like to know how to fight some gimmicks.

Akuma tatsu spam.
    I want to punish this move HARD. I was playing against a Brazilian and he was just BELLIGERENTLY abusing this move.
    It's really safe on block, gains meter, and on hit it juggles. I've tried shoto c hp and it doesn't work, which is lame.

I can jab it with most of the characters I've tried but that isn't all that great. No dmg.
    That being said I can probably just start a cc with jabs and go into something more damaging.
    I can Shoryu it with good timing. That said it could be supered/ shoryu cc'd.
    Dunno about Choonri upkick cc.

Dunno about AC. Scared to try it, might act like it's own AC reversal tbh because of how much it hits.
    Would chun sweep beat it like an air move?

Ken clk, chk sting to ambiguous roll setups.Will a properly Ac'd hk beat even an ambiguous roll? If I guess wrong and the other player has meter stocked I eat a huge damage CC.
    Mattsun even uses these setups. But are they safe enough to be legit? They seem really hard to guess unless there's a clear pattern set by the opponent.
    and.. rolling.
    214 input?
    A bit too basic, yes. I'm not used to rolling in this. I know it's punishable if done incorrectly though as I've hit a recent opponent out of them.

Air tatsu spam is beat by sweeps and such. As for roll set ups they are hard to see online a bit easier off but true ambiguous set ups work fine.
    posted some random GGPO matches on my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokeshark/videos
  • ArcadePlayersTVArcadePlayersTV Joined: Posts: 3
    this thread is so silent

SUBSCRIBE FOR DAILY ONLINE MATCHES OF TOP PLAYERS , THANKS...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/ArcadePlayersTV
  • Ace LondonAce London Joined: Posts: 195 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    this thread is so silent

Do you have any footage of the Japanese Alpha 2 player DAVIDOFF?
    http://www.youtube.com/trueninjatactics /ninjando
    PSN: Ninja_Anonymous
    Final Round 18 is holding A2 with 240 dollar bonus pot.
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,873
    Is that A2 tourney on Friday or Saturday? I'm probably going to play 3rd Strike the majority of the time but an A2 tourney sounds fun
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
    Supposed to be Friday.
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ace London wrote: »
    Do you have any footage of the Japanese Alpha 2 player DAVIDOFF?
    http://www.fightcade.com/replay/

Search for his SN
  • iWinWeDateiWinWeDate Whiff punish everything. Joined: Posts: 298
    How is this game played online?
  • Mr. WarzardMr. Warzard CvS2 Commissioner Gordon Joined: Posts: 783
    Is "davidoff" actually GunterJPN? He plays Gief too...
    Holding a shovel over SF4's grave.
    CVS2: The Nine Ball of Fighting Games
    Apoc was right: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/556915/#Comment_556915
    Is "davidoff" actually GunterJPN? He plays Gief too...

Idk I could ask him if you want.
  • mattmonster1991mattmonster1991 Joined: Posts: 139
    i wana know if davidoff is clorets they dominate play alot alike hit confirm alot alike on gods level
    I remember when clorets first started playing. Dude got real good after a few years. I used to wreck him bad. I like his gen.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,774

Footage from Toryuken 6, just in case you guys aren't on the Facebook group.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
18910111214»