Originally posted by TS
How do you beat turtle Charlie with Rose?
Originally posted by Kenstar
Somes alpha 2 questions
1. How do you roll backwards when doing the air recovery thing? I've done it a couple of times but cant work out how.
Um Are you sure you are talking about A2 ? no air revovery in A2 only A3. Please don't mix up a great game like A2 with A3 garbage.
2. How does the invincibilty work on CC's. Are the invicibility frames immediately after you activate? Because a lot of the time I see a sweep coming out, activate and get hit out of the CC instantly. But If I activate earlier and there just in the first few frames of the sweep it goes straight through me and they eat a combo.
If you are anyone but evil ryu (his is full screen) you should be blowing out opponents normal moves when they are out on the screen causing you to be able to go into a CC ,Again seems like you might be talking about A3 VC's where they don't blow out moves
3. How does the damage work in a CC? Its seems that if you start with a sweep it does alot more damge then if you just start with a special. Why is this?
If you aren't getting good damage in a CC u again must be talking about A3. A2 CC's consist mostly of CC,Sweep,juggle with specials.
4. From talk in here it seems that Chun-Li is No. 1 but I have the videos from B3 and only a few people use her. Why is it so?
Chun isn't paticularly #1 but she is top tier meaning one of the top 4 or 5 characters in the game. Ryu,Ken,Chun,Rose are usually considered the top 4 in the game.
Thanks for any help.
Originally posted by OMEN
I would love to get in some matches (for money or without) in the California area. I normally go to Family Fun Arcade in the Los Angeles area but I would travel to play someone who is exceptionally good.
Originally posted by Gunter
Traditionally, the top tier is known as "The (Big) Four" -
Most people put Zangief in the second tier, but other than him it's debateable.
Dan is considered 2nd worst in the game, better than only Birdie. I however am willing to prove everyone wrong about that. I think Dhalsim is pretty shitty in A2, and Dan is somewhere closer to mid-tier.
Originally posted by SaBrE
alpha2gold is a terrible terrible game. only cool thing was the color chemes in the presentation lol...
Originally posted by marvelscrub
I'll try to help you Kenstar, someone else can probably elaborate a bit better though..
1. were you using Sodom? AFAIK He is the only one that can roll backwards.
2. It's the times when their attack is fully extended that it gets iffy.
3. I dunno, basic rule is that you want to be juggling them somehow. I don't see anti-air CCs being that much less damaging though. Any examples you can give?
hope that helps.
Originally posted by Overdrive
Chun and Rose are obviously very good, but you have to know what you're doing to make them go. The shotos... anybody can just pick up and go with them.
Originally posted by Kenstar
I've just started to play Chun Li and Im trying to work out a solid anti air system. There seems to be alot of different options but nothing is as solid as the good old DP which im used too. So what do you Chun players use and at what distance?
Originally posted by ramberk
Any serious A2 Bison players here. Yeah, quit laughing. He's my favorite in A2. Well anyway, anyone here have any special Bison strategies or tricks?
How I play Bison?
Poke, poke, poke, turtle, turtle, turtle. Standing MK all day long, with a long distance crouch roundhouse sometimes. Crouching/standing MP sometimes. Fireball is great if you know when to use it! (Spacing, Bison must be the king of space.)
"Why do you turtle so much? Quit turtling!"
My Bison "Rush Down" is:
Jump in LK all day long, land and crouch LK, stand LK (repeat from the jump in LK). Foot stomp sometimes, hand stomp sometimes. Jumping up forward or roundhouse. Air throw sometimes. (always charging.) Fireball sometimes. Pin them. Walk up and throw.
Missed a kneepress nightmare? THROW RIGHT AFTERWARDS.
Coolest thing? Once cancelled a standing roundhouse into a kneepress nightmare!
And don't play Rose, Chun or Sakura. But everyone else is fair game!