Zangeif Thread

12346»

Comments

• oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    Yeah, that's it. I find it really hard to do walk-up SPDs from P1 side and keep someone cornered. I suppose there is no better way of doing that than :f::d::b::u::uf:+:P:, which is beyond my I-never-pick-Gief skills (or lack thereof).

He told Born2SPD, and the latter told me. These guys who pick mostly naked male characters usually enjoy each other, and stuff. Don't mind them.
  • ComedyBlissOptionComedyBlissOption Joined: Posts: 65
    It helps in any game w/ spd inputs and kara cancelling to input multiple punches of either same strength or different strength while you go from :b: to :u:. Depending on how you input, you are more likely to get your spd on the first possible frame and the kara cancel will leave you grounded. Unfortunately in ST, there's just a small random chance that that input for walk-up spd will just not work even if you input correctly.
  • Born2SPDBorn2SPD SPD Fanatic Joined: Posts: 276
    He told Born2SPD, and the latter told me. These guys who pick mostly naked male characters usually enjoy each other, and stuff. Don't mind them.
    lol
    BTW, i have put all that stuff regarding the bounce direction in the wiki, sometime ago.

Could someone tell me what im supposed to do when a O.Sagat starts to act like a ***, spamming j.Rh everytime im close? This is so annoying, i checked all hitboxes and i didnt found a decent answer, and there is not so much videos of that matchup in youtube, so its hard to learn. I noticed that kuni/jodim tries to predict it with j.RH, but still i tried it and i didnt worked very well. Other day i got so annoyed by this that i turned the turbos on RH on and picked old Gief. Lol, i really enjoyed being as cheap as my opponent, grabbing him from full screen away. i dont hate on ppl who counter picks with honda, vega, chun, guile, i always play nicely, but when old sagats starts to act like that, i really get annoyed.
    SO, am i missing something here or should i always use Old Gief in that matchup?
    I keep reading stuff about ST revival, about bringing this game back to life...
    Its nice to see big tourneys happening and old top players giving this game a chance again...
    But what we really need is new players... And having a strong scene obviously helps...
    But in my opinion what will really bring new players to our community is good tutorials/character guides so they can learn easily and have something to start... So, actually good players, stop being selfish and write stuff about the chars you know! The wiki is lacking so much basic content... Stop being lazy and do something about it.
    Rumor says that no male person will make use of this stun data, in-game average damage and super meter information. As if it were not obvious. Verifiable proof that neutral jumping headbutt into backwards jumping instant overhead employed in a match is correlated to constant intercourse in the anal orifice has been obtained.
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,178
    Yeeees!!!(i know you already know that), now i'm know how to c.jab, c.jab into spd properly. c.jab, c.jab then i have to release the stick to neutral position then i have to spin that shit, then punch button, eureka!, crouching jab, crouching jab into spd!, it's working perfect at least for me :P now it's time to practice and practice to get used to the timing.
    "You hit coins at the same time as punch, just like philcito does". Bookah
    " I don't snore and I shower daily". Rekkaken

The Crew - www.nohonorcrew.com/
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    Zangief's overhead is great to KO or dizzy a wake up oponent, if ur timing is perfect, u can try to beat the oponents with a fw jumping HK overhead, it has a good range but if u whiff it u r fucked

Also a xup splash then overhead is a good set up, if splash hits, the overhead will become a 2hit combo, if oponent blocks splash, they most of times block low so the overhead will hit for sure
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    If you have the perfect timing, the overhead is amazing. However, if you can not guarantee and need to piano Short too, it becomes unreliable for dizzying the enemy.

In fact, all instant overheads are great, as one needs a very good reason not to block low after getting crossed-up.
    Or you can triple tap the Forward kick, if you got seimitsu buttons.
    Its nice to see big tourneys happening and old top players giving this game a chance again...
    But what we really need is new players... And having a strong scene obviously helps...
    But in my opinion what will really bring new players to our community is good tutorials/character guides so they can learn easily and have something to start... So, actually good players, stop being selfish and write stuff about the chars you know! The wiki is lacking so much basic content... Stop being lazy and do something about it.
  • MalvadiscoMalvadisco Marambio Joined: Posts: 2,967
    can anyone explain to me why the thread`s name is zangeif???
    CARACOLES
    Or you can triple tap the Forward kick, if you got seimitsu buttons.
    When I was messing up with it, it felt like some 1-frame bs thing. At least against some characters, I believe the timing must be perfect.
    can anyone explain to me why the thread`s name is zangeif???
    LOL. Typos are forgivable! :)
  • MalvadiscoMalvadisco Marambio Joined: Posts: 2,967
    yeah i know, i just thought it was some kind of joke or meme...
    CARACOLES
  • KoopKoop SRK - D.M.V. OG™ (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 5,487 mod
    Bump
    Respected... simple as that.
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    One more bump from me

<garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    It's stuff like this that makes SF2 so much more fun than 4 (grappler sucks in 4).

Am I correct that even after the cross up to neutralize his charge, if you cr jab enough to push honda out of oicho range, he would have enough time for a charge reversal?

BTW I thought you have a new keyboard, why it is still acting homo?

EDIT: I saw your signature, lmao it's not your kb's fault.
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    3 jabs and he can reversal. thats why i used two jabs. One jab leaves me to close to him for comfort, two jabs slightly further ( but still in ochio range ) and 3 jabs with reversal posibility is the guessing game here. Like I said, it's just one more tool to work with.

My kb is just fine poopasi but thanks fer axing
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
    Honda can sac-throw the second splash with his close fierce chop. I believe he will have like two or three frames to throw you, if you default to cr.jabs as you land. Neutral jumping should also get hit out, I think. Still, it is a really nice technique, and certainly very hard to deal with under the pressure of being toe to toe with Gief.
    So, after one of these crossups it would be better to tick with crouching rh right? He will not have charge and he will be too far to oicho, plus you can hitconfirm it, if he blocks it you go for SPD, if you knocks him down you go for safe jump... hmm
  • Bob SagatBob Sagat Akuma Thurman Joined: Posts: 1,547
    Should that vid read "Gief vs Honda Tequila"? Good stuff man. If only I could find something similar with Hawk already...
    Roald Dhalsim
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    Good stuff frijoles. This is exactly why good Honda players will never meaty Slap within SPD range, Gief's mixups after a corner SPD are too good.
  • Spirited_AwaySpirited_Away Joined: Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nice I remember a Japanese Gief player using this teq in the old Citron CE/HF Gamest tournament back in 1993. We called it the "Honda Death Trap" Capcom probably kept the bug for Zangief's advantage.
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,178

nice SPD tutorial with super setups... AWESOME!
    "You hit coins at the same time as punch, just like philcito does". Bookah
    " I don't snore and I shower daily". Rekkaken

The Crew - www.nohonorcrew.com/
    Zangief-only tournament again! The winner from the last one was Nakano Guile.
    well, I prefer higher damage over more active frames, fierce spd pretty much all the time
    There is one interesting use of Jab SPD:
    cross-up splash, st.Strong, st.Short, Jab SPD --> dizzy.

Fierce SPD takes more time to stomp the enemy, and the dizzy timer ends before the damage from the SPD takes place.
    edited June 2013
    Aoki Cyclone vs Ryus

• cl.Jab anti-air;
    • hajiki screw walk-up SPDs;
    • st.fwd side kick as poke and punishment attack;
    • lariat on reaction against hadous;
    • splash tick to mess-up reversal timing;
    • safe far st.short kick.
    He knows the Ryu match up really well. His ability to react with lariats that effectively really helps, I guess thats only possible offline..
    His hajiki screws were really good too. When I try that I usually get a green hand instead which fucks everything up lol. Also, nice usage of cl jab anti air, it works well against shotos (against Ken is a must). He's also using the safe tick short, I dont see many Giefs using it even though its a must learn. His safe jumps were on point as well.
    I noticed a few things he missed/could do better tho: he does too much st.forwards, sometimes it's so easy to read him...
    Also, some jump ins he ate, he could have done SAC SPD instead of normal throws... He also misses the direction on the SPD quite often, I guess even his tick SPDs are hajiki screws... Theres another thing, but this is quite unknown: whenever Ryu does a tatsu out of nowhere, if Gief beats it with cr jab and jump immediately, that jump will be a safe jump, guaranteed, unless ryu touches the corner.
    damdai used the safe jump after cr jab vs tatsu since his beginnings, he also has well timed the crouching fierce as an effective anti ir vs shotos jump ins
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    Well, the safe jump thing after tatsu I discovered by myself, I never really saw damdai using it. Not much footage of damdai playing gief on youtube tho. As for the crouching fierce anti air, you definitely cant rely on that, a simple hitbox analysis confirms it.
    Watch this video then:

As someone in youtube commented:

"Check out that anti-air at 2:01! Bananas!"

Besides hitboxes, timing is also important
    Nakano Royal Tournament: Zangief only!
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,187
    So, yeah. I use O.Gief mainly because I hate accidentally getting a hop and killing myself. I know this is essentially poor form and there is really no valid reason to use O.Gief over N.Gief other than messing with the running bear grab reversal glitch. My question: How do you guys go about not accidentally doing the hop? I imagine there are no real tricks, just self-control and shiz, but I was curious.
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
    edited May 2014
    In which situations are you getting the unwanted hops? If its on SPDs then you have to work a lot on your execution. If its on missed lariats then i'd say its okay. Lariats are one of the hardest moves in the game to be consistent with, since lariats are the only PPP/KKK moves that dont come out on neg edge, even Gief mainers (me included) misses them. Hell, even Pony and Gunze misses them. Non gief players may not notice that, but let me tell this: there's no reason at all to whiff a normal when a projectile is in your face...
    If its not on one of these situations then I really dont know. Standing Strong/Fierce have very limited uses, so its not like you would have reasons to do these moves while walking.
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,187
    edited May 2014
    I actually just got done playing some n.gief on ggpo for about an hour and didn't get one mis-hop. I got plenty of damn accidental green hands though. I do remember getting hops when trying to get a lariat though.
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    I actually just got done playing some n.gief on ggpo for about an hour and didn't get one mis-hop. I got plenty of damn accidental green hands though. I do remember getting hops when trying to get a lariat though.

Yet another reason why Gief is such a pain in the ass to play. So many overlapping commands and specials that are terrible, lol.

I tend to find that delaying my punch input for the SPD motion tends to help a LOT in getting it to come out consistently. If I do it too fast, I get green hand. If I completely screw up the motion, I get hop.
12346»