FeiLong Thread

124»

Comments

• TheUtilityGirlTheUtilityGirl Joined: Posts: 155
    No coth_x I know for a fact it will knock him out of the air before he gets a chance to land. You duck and press HP Rekka when he crosses over.
    <Markman> No one will die as long as I'm around
    <Markman> I parry armageddons with my finger
    <Markman> I can also parry your girl with my finger
    <Markman> Hold that
  • CigarB0BCigarB0B Joined: Posts: 34
    CG is right, for hte most part. The best way to deal with Ryu's RH Tatsu is just to crouch it and FP Rekka right after it passes over your head. You can then walk up and be able to pressure them.

There is another technique that I use where you block the tatsu standing then crouch the 2nd to last hit then stand up and hit them out of the air. I use this to mix up into my backwards st.mk 50/50. I wont go into more detail because i haven't played in a while and my mind is a bit foggy on it.

I"m fiarly sure you cant land the full 3xRekka on Ryu because he doesn't have much/if any landing recovery.
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    Ryu can be hit by a sweep after a Tatsu. Technically he has zero recovery frames when he lands, so you can't hit him low after he lands, however he can be "swept" out of the air by sweeps with big hitboxes, like Zangief's sweep and Chun Li's sweep, resetting him instead of knocking him down. Same with Ken.
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    however he can be "swept" out of the air by sweeps with big hitboxes, like Zangief's sweep and Chun Li's sweep, resetting him instead of knocking him down.
    he was asking about Fei, this is the Fei thread, he wasnt asking advice about Zangief or Chun Li, how hard is it for u to comprehend it?
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    he was asking about Fei, this is the Fei thread, he wasnt asking advice about Zangief or Chun Li, how hard is it for u to comprehend it?

35i6q4.jpg

You obviously didn't pay attention.
    Ryu can be hit by a sweep after a Tatsu. Technically he has zero recovery frames when he lands, so you can't hit him low after he lands, however he can be "swept" out of the air by sweeps with big hitboxes, like Zangief's sweep and Chun Li's sweep, resetting him instead of knocking him down. Same with Ken.

You have to excuse sesshomaru, He's retarded.
    <Markman> Hold that
  • bodlerbodler The Unmixupable Joined: Posts: 1,071
    edited June 2013
    What do I do against Deejay? getting in on him is hard enough.. then when I finally get into feilongs good range.. NOTHING I DO ON THE GROUND WORKS. it will always get beat by his normals..so this means I can't play footsies with him on the ground, and I can't jump at him or chicken wing cause hes charged, he can just down back and keep cr mk or crmp and I literally cant do anything. and even if hes not charged he has his standing mp ready if I jump. what is this impossible matchup 10 -0?

It has been a long time since I felt like playing tree truck would be better than taking any initiative to attack.

How do you feilongs deal with a good deejay?
    Post edited by bodler on
  • Hyphen-atedHyphen-ated Joined: Posts: 39
    It's hard to do, but you can punish his crouching normals with rekkas if you time it right. If he's just blocking and not throwing out cr.mk then you should be able to do good rekka chip damage and mix it up with walkup throws sometimes. If he's actually beating your rekkas with normals on reaction, then I dunno what you can do, hahaha.

When you decide to do a risky jumpin, it's often a lot better to do chicken wing than to actually jump in. It's a lot harder for him to antiair your wings. Don't even try this when he has a charge though. (unless you're doing it meaty)

My favorite "trick" in this matchup is that his reversal upkicks will whiff against your meaty cr.hp. It's a no-lose situation for you: either he blocks and you get free rekka chips, he reversals and you punish it, or he fails to block and you get to link to rekkas.
    Thanks, even as bad as this matchup looks, that crhp knowledge should be a big plus
    Just walk in block fireballs, neutral jump fireballs try to gain space and wait to rekka pretty much play super lame.
    But yes Deejay and Honda are some of the matches you will struggle pretty hard with, But don't feel the match is totally free for deejay just really hard.
    <Markman> Hold that
    I've been doing a bit better since I re implemented neutral jump into my game. Kinda forget those little ST things when I go back to other fighters.
  • psychostasiapsychostasia precision machinery Joined: Posts: 32
    wEfNRoO.gif
    Thanks papasi.
  • jdmjdm skillz Joined: Posts: 178
    precise spacing.

but im starting to realize if you time his j.hp to purposely whiff dodging fb's he can block the sweep. but only on shotos i think. not sure
    GGPO: jdmskillz

Super Turbo all day.
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 446
    favorite Fei player, favorite stage theme
    I need tips on Fei vs Honda. I frequent fightcade and somehow I overcome top tiers like Sim and Boxer, but I find Honda and Chun infuriating to accomplish.
    Accomplished!

Towards the end of the battles
    challenge-3867-1465409014.15@ssf2xj
124»