Unpopular gaming opinions SECOND IMPACT

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    But thats the thing though. Blizzard never had any hands in the actual production or development of Diablo 2, Blizzard North did that and Blizzard North was just a no-name company BLizzard bought out. BLizzard North did all the work and Blizzard just published it. If you want a Diablo 3, i would recommand Hellgate London as it is often dubbed "The Spiritual sequel of Diablo" since it is made by the same development team that left BLizzard north.

You're not understanding me, Blizzard could easily make a new Age of Empires if they got the rights, and it would be better than the previous ones. They are the gods of the video game world, every game with blizzards name attached to it has been a downright amazing game (WoW is an amazing game until you get to raiding, and even then it's really fun if you don't play with morons, which everyone has to, thats the problem with MMOs), and the best pc game of the year by far. Most of them entertain people for years. It doesn't matter if japanese people made diablo 2, blizzard owns the rights and they could make diablo 3, and make it own.

I still think Warcraft 3 overall is a better game than Starcraft.
  • MagnetiXMagnetiX みんな で オナニ を しましょう! Joined: Posts: 588
    Hmm, lesse.

I never liked Kingdom Hearts 1...mainly because it was weird for me to get the hang of the game, but Kingdom Hearts 2 was pretty awesome.

I like FF7, but I hated FF9, mainly because I thought FF9 was just...I don't know. It had a really "old" feel to it and I just didn't like it.
    FFX was really good when it first came out, I loved it, but then when I bought FF12, beat FF12, then went back to FFX, I was like "wow...FFX fails on everything...especially on camera movement."
    No manual camera movement option in games - Fail.

I also did not like Phantasy Star Online...at all. I thought it was boring as shit. My friend was like "Yo dood! You gotta try this out!!" I was interested for about an hour, then I was like "Wait...we've been doing the exact same thing for the last hour now...is this what you usually do?" and he starts naming things you can do and i'm like "uh huh..."

Legend of Dragoon at it's time - Over rated, imo. The whole game just annoyed me, not to mention the whole combo with the buttons thing was just a little stupid because the monsters would die very fast, even without the combos.

Legend of Legaia - If you have not played this game, you really should. It's an old RPG, but I loved it to death. Sure, the game had shitty graphics, but it was good at the time. The story line was great and i'm surprised there was hate to it when I went on messageboards asking about side quests.

People need to shut the fuck up about dota. Newsflash: Dota is not hard to play, it's not complicated, it doesn't require personal skill (It's 100% teamwork and positioning, and character choice), and is not a better game than WC3. People who buy WC3 for dota make me sick, that game has literally its own entire game universe inside it (1v1, 2v2, FFA are all very different game types, there is an entire world of maps people make, you can make your own, etc) and all anyone ever does is dota. Its fucking stupid.

Amen, yo. Amen.

WoW - Ok, I admit, I was addicted. Who wasn't? I played for hours and hours on end just trying to get to level 60 as fast as I could so I could get my blues (rofl, this was WAYYY before the time of epics...like, 1 epic item, like a NightSlayer belt, made you god...) and when I finally reached level 60, I was like "All right, i'm gonna get all my blues, then start doing MC!!"...yeah, well...when I did countless runs on UBRS and did one MC run on another account on Shaman, I was like "ok...SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY?! This is MC? What the hell is so great about? This crap is boring as hell." I quit shortly after that, and my friends who still play it wonder why the hell they're still playing it.
    I have a fever. And the only RX, is more Reflector.
    -
    MagnetiX : I had to prove myself!!!
    Friend : WHO THE FUCK PULLS OUT THEIR DICK IN THE MIDDLE OF CLASS?!
    -
    Facebook.com/Magnetix
    XBL = Magnetix11388
  • GizaGiza SoCal Power Stoner Joined: Posts: 621
    Metal Slug 3 is a PIECE OF SHIT. It's like Sonic CD: super-freaking-bad, yet everyone loves it for some reason.

- Sonic CD sucks. I say this like once every three months. But it's true. It's the second-worst Sonic game ever made, right behind Sonic 360/PS3. Sonic Team can suck my balls. If I ever get the money I'm buying Sonic. As in the rights to the characters and games. So I can make one that doesn't fucking suck.

- No, people aren't saying your favorite game is a piece of shit just because they suck at it. Chances are if 95% of the world says it is a piece of shit, it's because it's a piece of shit. This is directed to you Sonic fanboys out there.
    3 hit combo! You just took out 90 percent of my bar, man. Seriously.

Anyway, I am glad at least some people see that Sonic CD is crap. I'm a pretty big fan of Sonic and even I say its horrible (and I am not just talking about for a sonic game). Also happy you gun down Sonic 06 right along with it. Good show man. Good fucking show.

But then I got to your attack that really damaged me, damn good combo finisher, this one actually struck me. Both the 95% of people saying one of my games is shit and then directing it at Sonic fans. Dead on execution... dead on. I play Sonic the Fighters and I enjoy the hell out of the game. I really don't understand what is bad about it.
    ---
    As for Wind Waker being better than OoT. Are you serious? I mean god damn. OoT was huge and boring and wasn't fun at all and Wind Waker was an enjoyable experience with beautiful scenery, a wonderful story and much better levels and bosses. Serious! How the heck could you like a game like that more than a highly overrated game like OoT. I mean GODDAMN! ~~~On a more serious note. I liked Majora's Mask far more than any of the other 3d zeldas. Followed closely of coarse by Wind Waker.

As for Pichu with goggles in Brawl. Hell yes, and he's gonna fight with some hoes with machine guns. Pichu is motherfucking pimped out now.

As for the Wiimote sucks. I disagree with you there man. I have been loving this thing. I love how it works with Wii Sports, and I love how it works Sonic Secret Rings (wtf I love a recent Sonic game?). Seriously the Wiimote has a lot of potential except the developers are really lazying on out on us. I'm hoping that a year from now we will be getting some really good shit out of the wiimote.
    ---
    Now I throw more of my crazy ideas out there.

- Billy Hatcher was a great game and deserves a sequel. This time without shitty music.

- Sonic Adventure 2 sucked. I don't care what people say. This is one of the lowest things of Sonic I saw. People complain about Sonic Heroes when they had this shit before it? I just don't understand.

- I like 3S version B better. Seriously.

- Sonic the Fighters is one of the best Sonic games. I think it is actually a fun fighting game and I find myself playing it quite a lot and have fun whenever I do.

- FF9 was better than FF7. FF10 was retarded.

- Shenmue is better than Twilight Princess and OoT combine.

- Uranus sucks in Bloody Roar Primal Fury. Yugo is retardedly broken.

- Fox is not the hardest character to play as in SSBM. I don't care about the shit he can potentially do, he is easy to win with without doing much work.
  • 4Play4Play Galactic Asshole Joined: Posts: 1,534

Dragonball Z Budokai is fun

Golden Sun 1 and 2 are quite possibly the greatest rpgs of the 21st century.

Tony Hawk's Underground was the best in the series. Tony Hawk's project 8 is also the best in the series, because its just the first THUG, with a different camera angle.

T

I somewhat agree with the first 2, both series are vastly underrated.
    As for Tony Hawk, I stopped after 3, every thing since then seems uninteresting, boring and less innovative. But I guess I chalk that up to not really giving the others a chance.
    SRK: 4Play(main), redpremium.
    Super Smash Brothers Melee is harder to play than any 2d fighter with the possible exception of MvC2. Definitely much harder than 3rd strike, and as far as I can tell Guilty Gear. SSBM is by far more fun than these games as well.

Opinions =D
  • McGeezerMcGeezer Joined: Posts: 47
    This only seems to be "unpopular gaming opinion" in real life. On the internet, however, it is quite popular. One mention of Halo on any thread on any forum prompts the next 3000 people to post about how much it sucks. At least on the internet, saying "halo sucks" is about the same as saying "Scrappy Doo was annoying.". It's hardly an unpopular opinion at this point.

maybe on this board
  • Kane BlueriverKane Blueriver l33t Black Mage Joined: Posts: 1,429
    Regarding CV IV being better than SOTN:

Meh, well, I dunno. Depends a lot if you're a purist or not. If you defend the "old school" style of playing CV (linear levels that take place through several stages), then yeah, CV IV is the epitome of such genre. One cannot deny the graphic richness and the amazing music quality for a first-generation SNES game. However, I still can't shake off the fact that it plays EXACTLY like the CV games before it (and even then I believe CV III brought a lot more to the table than CV IV). CV IV only had Simon being able to whip in 8 different directions...um, yay? Basically, yes, CV IV is a game that is honed to near-perfection, but once you break it down, you'll see that is really just old school CV with pretty graphics.

I thought that Rondo of Blood was "universally" considered the epitome of "old school" Castlevania.
    UMVC3:/Haggar a/Hulk a/Sentinel y - SSF4AE: Balrog (U1) - CvS2: K-Boxer/Raiden/Geese(R2) - SF3S: Hugo (SA I) - GGXXAC: Ky - Tekken 6 BR: King - ST/HDR: Boxer/Claw - SFA2: Charlie - BBCS2: Jin - SFA3: V-R.Mika, X-Charlie - Garou: Tizoc - KOF98UM: Vice/Takuma/EX Geese - KOF02UM: Vice/EX Takuma/Geese - MK9: Scorpion - KOFXIII: Raiden/Takuma/Vice - AH3: Kira/Ohtsuchi - LB2: Washizuka (Power) - SSIV: Charlotte (Bust) - Vampire Savior: Bulleta
  • Capn SpankyCapn Spanky Bullet Billpocalypse Joined: Posts: 1,795
    Did I say that Big Brain Academy is in the top 5 best DS games?
    Because it is. In fact... Big Brain Academy > Gears of War. Not Joking.
  • DanDDanD Perpetual 3S and CvS2 Scrub Joined: Posts: 405
    edited January 2016
    I hate the GTA series. Yes, All OF THEM. The games are so non-linear no one actually plays the game. People just drive around... What the?!? And when I find someone that actually did the missions, they cheated to finish them.

And people should not use cheat codes until the second play through.

I wish EA would just stop making games.
    Post edited by DanD on
    RIP -- "IMF" -- 1/9/08
  • GC!?GC!? undine Joined: Posts: 408
    I like video games.
  • ShadeShade FEMLE Joined: Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Eh. More like "Say a bunch of opinionated shit, as if it was Divine Word", AMIRITE?
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078 mod
    Eh. More like "Say a bunch of opinionated shit, as if it was Divine Word", AMIRITE?

Isn't that what the internets are for?
    I specified in my post it's my beliefs, not facts.
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
  • CapMasterCapMaster OG Pad Player Joined: Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Here's an interesting one I got for you all..

Traditional Style Resident Evil games (RE1, 2, etc.) are still better then RE4.

As for the rest..
    I too also dislike GTA and all free-roaming gang war/crime fighting games.

Wii is NOT currently the best system, and is far from winning the console war.

Halo 1 was ten times better then Halo 2.

LTTP was the best Zelda game.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles was the best sonic game, not Sonic 2.

SF3: 2nd Impact was better then 3rd Strike.
    Reborn ST hustler.
    2009 Gamestop Regional Champion
  • lseelbalseelba You must defeat ShengLong Joined: Posts: 870
    A modded Xbox is the greatest system/piece of gaming hardware ever.
    [=[_]=]
    [+[_]::]

SRK will be down will we preform maintanance on the site.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • woofwoof : - ) Joined: Posts: 2,503
    - Megaman X8 is the best X game. Ignore Gigavolt Man-o-War's stage, though. The rest of the game is pure sex.
    WE HAVE OURSELVES A WINNER

i think capcom is going up the charts in quality despite what some people think as far as megaman games go
    the zero series was fucking great, ZX is a step in the right direction, ZXA is looking dope as fuck, the MM/MMX remakes on PSP were pretty damn rad, and i have no idea what is going on with the starforce series but i might give it a go eventually

all i really ask for at this point is a legends 3
  • DanDDanD Perpetual 3S and CvS2 Scrub Joined: Posts: 405
    A modded Xbox is the greatest system/piece of gaming hardware ever.

Doesn't that just make it a pc with xbox controllers?
    RIP -- "IMF" -- 1/9/08
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,712
    I liked the SOCOM series. The first one was great online until the glitchers took over. For some reason, I found less retards in that game than I did on Halo 2. Funny how people are willing to pay $50 to make asses out of themselves.

FFXI is the worst MMO ever. At least some of the Korean MMOs have some sense of style.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
  • AdverseSolutionsAdverseSolutions Joined: Posts: 1,106
    WE HAVE OURSELVES A WINNER

i think capcom is going up the charts in quality despite what some people think as far as megaman games go
    the zero series was fucking great, ZX is a step in the right direction, ZXA is looking dope as fuck, the MM/MMX remakes on PSP were pretty damn rad, and i have no idea what is going on with the starforce series but i might give it a go eventually

all i really ask for at this point is a legends 3

i hereby quote a man who knows wtf he's talking about.
  • WasFemtoWasFemto Graphics Whore Joined: Posts: 2,388
    Doesn't that just make it a pc with xbox controllers?

nope. Xbox is easier while the PC is a pain in the ass.

Mine -

PS3 > 360

I was on the "FUCK THIS $600 BULLSHIT AND FUCK SONY" and still am....kinda. The system really impressed me after seeing and playing Motor Storm for the first time. Playing VF5 for 3+ hours last week solidified it. The only game on 360 I've been impressed with(by interest and looks) is Blue Dragon. Maybe I should hold judgement when VF5 is released on 360 but so far I would say the $ spent on a PS3 is worth it while not so for the 360. Not to mention MGS4 and Z.O.E.3.

Samba De Amigo w/ maracas >>>>>>>>>>>> all music games to ever come out or eventually come out.
    Hyper Chinese Skinheads Force ... ?
  • lseelbalseelba You must defeat ShengLong Joined: Posts: 870
    Since we are on music game topics now...

pop'n music > Guitar Hero
    pop'n music > beatmania
    [=[_]=]
    [+[_]::]

SRK will be down will we preform maintanance on the site.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • KrsJinKrsJin Cheat Kune Do Joined: Posts: 1,347
    I liked The Bouncer. A lot. *hides*

Amen brother, stay strong. Lot of potential with The Bouncer. In-fact, I'd love to see some crazy upgraded version or just a whole new game on one of the current-gen consoles.

Oh and to stop all the music-game genre. Gitaroo Man is the best rhythm game.

EDIT: Oh and Ridge Racer 4 (R4) reamains my favorite racer. It also has the best soundtrack of any game, ever, made, ever.
    Number one chief rekka.

Live in Colorado or plan to visit? Check out www.extrafresh.net
  • woofwoof : - ) Joined: Posts: 2,503
    Since we are on music game topics now...

pop'n music > Guitar Hero
    pop'n music > beatmania
    i dont play these games but if i did id play pop'n because the art style is fuckin awesome
  • PinionPinion LOver Joined: Posts: 499

- Ocarina of Time wasn't as good as Wind Waker. Yeah, I said it. Wind Waker's only blemish was the Triforce hunt.

THANK YOU! And here I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Honestly, what's the deal with OoT love? I think that game is terrible.

specs wrote:
    - See that dude in my AV? That's Rei, the coolest Capcom character ever made. He got the shaft in the game he was in... so he better be the star of MvC3 :rofl: (Insert El Salvador reference here)

Buwahahaha, I loved the days of El Salvador. Sol Badguy w/ Rock Punch assist? FUCK YEAH! :rofl:

Anyways, to contribute here's my gripe:

Pokemon DOES NOT = Little kid game. I get so sick of hearing this shit, especially from people who've never played seriously. Yeah sure, it's got a huge kid/tween following, and the series in very child friendly in tems of presentation and storyline, but God damnit, the series has more depth than a good deal of the shit people are currently playing/jacking off to at the moment and the game mechanics on a competitive level are definitely not child friendly. Making balanced teams, getting proper EV spreads, breeding for IV's, etc, is a hassle and a half and certainly requires a good deal of critical thinking, and on a more advanced level some skill with numbers.
    Good and evil are chimera.
    Final Fantasy 8 is my favorite in the series, even though I always tell people 6 when they ask. Also, I still believe Rinoa is Ultimecia.
    I liked The Bouncer. A lot. *hides*

I LOVE The Bouncer.

N
  • MODMOD なん でも EZ Babay Joined: Posts: 833
    Super Smash Brothers Melee is harder to play than any 2d fighter with the possible exception of MvC2. Definitely much harder than 3rd strike, and as far as I can tell Guilty Gear. SSBM is by far more fun than these games as well.

Opinions =D

I used to play SSBM tournament scene, and then switched to 3rd. No it is not harder to play than 3rd, it is harder to execute properly though. 3rd is much harder though player wise.

and as for unpopular opinion

Super Punch Out- Not that fucking interesting. Fun, but wtf pointless.

Metal Warriors- Awesomely fun game for SNES that fucking nobodies ever heard of

Super mario world > SMB3

SMB2 can suck ass from a straw, I don't like it.

Earthbound and Crono Trigger Tie for best turn based RPG

Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter suck terrible ass compared to the rest of the series

Tales games are fucking great
    DevilJin is on those certain pills
    3S: Yang
    KOFXII: Ralf, Kim, Duolon
    SF4: Blanka\Gouki
    AV by Master Chibi~
  • SlayerofBodomSlayerofBodom Joined: Posts: 1,093
    Did you play the game in its prime, or 5 years after?

Prime.
    WTF?! What's next u nominated Quest 64 and Superman 64 for VGAs.

Re-read the title of this thread, and then apoligize to me for being a dumbfuck.

Yes, I think "Castlevania 64" was awesome, almost everything one could possibly want in a 3D platformer.

Other likely unpopular opinions;

-NBA Jam Tournament Edition 94' is better than any entry in the NBA Street series, and the best 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 basketball game ever.

-NBA Live 2001 for the PS2 is my favorite entry in the Live series. (And I've played all of them)

-Fighters Destiny for the N64 was a better fighter than any of the Fatal Fury entries for the SNES and Genesis.
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Fire Emblem 7

No way was 7 shitty. Hell, it's still one of the best emblems till this day. It sold like mad, people demanded and wrote letters pleading 6 to be shipped over here - but nothing happend.

Golden Sun was disliked because people didn't like the idea of having to buy another unit(TLA) to continue with the story. But what I didn't get was that the story was kick ass, so why all the fuss?
    I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    Fightcade: Ephidel
  • SlayerofBodomSlayerofBodom Joined: Posts: 1,093
    LOL, I apologize, ur right that game is very unpopular.

If you've played it, help me out here; what didn't you like about it? I can understand why most unpopular games are judged that way, but that game was so good, I can't even point to any significant defects.
  • AzagtothAzagtoth weight of the world Joined: Posts: 1,745
    Valkyrie Profile 2 was a lot more fun than FFXII. I like to actually play my games.

Valkyrie Profile in general is really underrated, as far as I've seen.

FF8 > 7, as far as gameplay goes. 9 is really underrated. FF music in general is EXTREMELY overrated.

Chrono Trigger is pretty much the best thing to ever come out of Square.

Kingdom Hearts is the worst, and although I too loved The Bouncer, I fucking HATE Tetsuya Nomura.

OG Shining Force doesn't get nearly enough love despite being kinda easy.

Megaman X4, X8, and X3 are the best in the X series. Also, the Zero games and ZX are all the shit.

Wii is pretty boring in general.

Best Sonic games: 2, 1, Rush, Advance 3, Adventure 1 (the only 3d one that, if anything, came closer to doing it right than any of the others). Sonic Wii is retarded as fuck; if anything it's a step BEHIND Sonic PS3/360 in many aspects.

Zelda is one of the most overrated series in existence, and none of the games outside of LTTP deserve the insane amount of cockriding they get. In a similar vein, Okami is really overrated as well.

I didn't get the hype for Gears of War, and I still don't. I also don't get the appeal of WOW.

Shinobi 3 is the best ninja game bar none. It and SOR2 had insanely good soundtracks as well.

Jumping Flash really needs a comeback.
    SRK's Chubby Chaser
    KOFXIII: King, EX Iori, Mr. Karate
    VF5FS: Kage, Taka
    TTT2: Bob/Kuma
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Goldeneye is the most overrated FPS not named Halo

Every console Zelda after OOT has sucked

FF 12 has the worst lead character ever

There was a reason the N64 and the GC didnt sell, they sucked.

Right now the Wii is the most overrated console not the PS3 or 360.

SSMB "tourny level" sucks, it takes all the fun out of it

DOA 4 still sucks

Shinobi > Ninja Gaiden

Dreamcast and Saturn are the two best consoles ever made

SMW is the best SNes game and the best game ever

That number system SC and GG uses fucking sucks. I will never understand how it is supposedly easier to understand 41236, then hcf.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • Shadow Ace 50Shadow Ace 50 Chaos Control A hoe Joined: Posts: 2,377

While I'm at it, FUCK STAR OCEAN 3. WHY THE FUCK DID ANYONE FIND THAT GAME FUN. Jesus, I had so many people tell me that game was the best rpg ever, so I tolerated 10 hours of that shit. Worst dungeon design I have EVER seen, truly abominable. Horse-shit terrible, and the game is beyond over-complicated,

This is where my piss came to a boil.....STAR OCEAN 3 was the shit..sure it had a long ass boring story and crappy ass graphics but that game was cool..we all got different likes and dislikes though I cant say go kill yourself for that...

now RAIDIATA STORIES....there is a boring ass game

Id sell my wii for a 360 any day cause right the now it sucks and it is boring and people are ridin its dick

Kingdom hearts.....need I say more?

PSP is better than the DS

Sports game's only purpose is that your friends wont rip on you for not having one

Car racing games are boring

Dreamcast was the best system ever made,,

Sega bitched out and merged with nintendo then whored itself out to other companies

Sonic games after sonic adventure 2 sucked ass
    Prayer Changes Things-
    "Spades and Yu-Gi-Oh are pretty much the same game" -Big G.
    AE: Vega/Fuerte/DJ SFxT: Vega/King KOFXII: Kensou/King/Terry
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    SO3 Hard? Not hardly, it was one of the easier RPGs that came out for that time. Fayt + Maria = broken. The only hard part was getting the initial levels. Most of the time your characters died from AI stupidity. It had also quite possibly the worst plot twist ever.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • EmilEmil Joined: Posts: 4,389
    This is where my piss came to a boil.....STAR OCEAN 3 was the shit..sure it had a long ass boring story and crappy ass graphics but that game was hard..we all got different likes and dislikes though I cant say go kill yourself for that...but FUCK YOU COUNTER-TERRORIST

I completely loved Star Ocean 3. I don't see what was so bad about the level designs at all, and the gameplay system was truly innovative. There was also quite a lot to do in it. I wish they combined some of SO3's system with that of Rogue Galaxy.

Edit: I think SO3 was hard in 4D mode, before you got all the broken things. 4D mode really frustrated me at times...especially Planet Styx, rediculous enemies there.

And another thing...if you only played 10 hours of it, then you missed out big time. The game starts off really slow and your characters are pretty limited...I didn't like the first 5 hours or so at all. Things reallyl pick up later though. I think my save file has about 180 hours on it.
    KoF98UM - EX Yama, Eiji, Orochi Yashiro | KoF2k2 - Kim, Whip, Athena, Choi |
    Kof13 - Saiki, Shen, Vice | P4U2 - Shadow Labrys, Rise | GGXrd - Bedman
    I can't really say much about Star Ocean 3 because I haven't played it yet.

But I do remember somebody telling me that the battle system isn't what it's all worked up to be.
    I'm sorry. Humor me!!
  • EmilEmil Joined: Posts: 4,389
    But I do remember somebody telling me that the battle system isn't what it's all worked up to be.

I can't think of an rpg with a more solid battle system. I don't even find FF12's system to be as good, and I liked that game a lot.

Main problem with FF12 and Star Ocean 3 is probably the storyline...although in SO3 I at least cared about some of the characters to some extent (besides Sophia, I hated her).
    KoF98UM - EX Yama, Eiji, Orochi Yashiro | KoF2k2 - Kim, Whip, Athena, Choi |
    Kof13 - Saiki, Shen, Vice | P4U2 - Shadow Labrys, Rise | GGXrd - Bedman
  • Kabuki KlashKabuki Klash The Manto Ace'll come. Joined: Posts: 39
    To whoever posted about Lufia 2 being the absolute best: It's funny that you're such an hypocrite, that you bash Tales of the Abyss' story later. Don't get me wrong, I love Lufia 2, but if its innovation are a random dungeon and a shop that sells things you've sold earlier....and some breedable monsters...you can't really call it innovative. Epic, fun, whatever you want, sure.

Funny how you say "Fuck the Tales games". This topic should be about posti9ng unpopular opinions, not random-ass-outta-the-blue stuff you don't even care to explain..whatever.

I don't understand the Hype MMORPGS have. All I've seen is hours upon hours of grinding....it semms to me they have no soul...no charm
    "And History may tell to the defeated 'Alas' but it can nor help nor pardon." Thomas Stearns Eliot
    I can't think of an rpg with a more solid battle system.

Grandia Extreme has like...one of the best battle systems known to man.

Too bad it shares the same problems in a weak storyline cast.
    I'm sorry. Humor me!!
  • MrQuotesMrQuotes WOLFFYYYYY!!! Joined: Posts: 2,025
    Goldeneye is the most overrated FPS not named Halo

Every console Zelda after OOT has sucked

FF 12 has the worst lead character ever

There was a reason the N64 and the GC didnt sell, they sucked.

Right now the Wii is the most overrated console not the PS3 or 360.

SSMB "tourny level" sucks, it takes all the fun out of it

DOA 4 still sucks

Shinobi > Ninja Gaiden

Dreamcast and Saturn are the two best consoles ever made

That number system SC and GG uses fucking sucks. I will never understand how it is supposedly easier to understand 41236, then hcf.

my mind.... return it to me at once

-and grandia 3 shares the shame problem xtreme has. awesome battle system, mind numbingly awful story that drained any desire i had of playing it.
    twitter.com/quotesdeezy
    facebook.com/mrquotes
    BWAHAHAHA!!!
    :eek:-x--<
    I loved Kingdom Hearts. It's a little hokey, but growing up with those movies I really appreciate how well they integrated them into the game. I seriously started crying a little when I got the Winnie the Pooh section.

N
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    And you know I had to come to this eventually....

-Unreal Championship 2. ---this is one of the greatest games ever, with a nice depth in terms of strategy, and surprising balance. Fuck everyone to hell for not truly giving it a chance. If I made a top 100 or top 50 list of greatest games ever....UC2 is somewhere in my top 10, possibly top 5. Again, fuck everyone who didn't give this greatness a chance. Eat shit, get cancer and die...all of you.

The art for most snk/neo geo fighters sucked. I could never get excited about such boring looking characters.

Geometry Wars is actually the most fun I've ever had with a shootemup. It's not a "memorize everything perfectly or you always lose" kind of bullshit situation, like the rest of the genre. Interestingly....you do always lose in Geometry Wars I guess since it goes on theoretically forever....but it's so fun, nobody really cares about that. The whole point is to set a new high score for yourself, like the old era of gaming....also, the chaos that happens at those high scores is thrilling.