Unpopular gaming opinions SECOND IMPACT

Comments

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,576
    ShogunZ wrote: »
    I see zero appeal or point to Lego videogames. I always imagine the first Lego game was the result of lazy animators brainstorming how to make the easiest game possible in terms of animation.

My only issue with the Lego games is that they are all mostly the same. If you played one than you played them all.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,894
    Onimusha as a series as a better track record than DMC. Damn of Dreams is the only game in the series where it's quality is disputed.
    And compared to DMC2, Dawn of Dreams is quite good.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • RagingDemonStormRagingDemonStorm The power of elevation Joined: Posts: 3,182
    Bayonetta>Bayonetta 2

Other than the obvious added content and refined gameplay Bayo 1 triumphs over 2 on every level
    CVS2 Akuma\Geese\whoevers top tier in that groove
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    I see zero appeal or point to Lego videogames. I always imagine the first Lego game was the result of lazy animators brainstorming how to make the easiest game possible in terms of animation.

My only issue with the Lego games is that they are all mostly the same. If you played one than you played them all.

lol I can say that about a LOT of games
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,456
    DmC handled on the fly weapons switching better than any other game in the genre. If you're going to juggle more than two melee weapons at once, that is the way to do it.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,928
    DmC handled on the fly weapons switching better than any other game in the genre. If you're going to juggle more than two melee weapons at once, that is the way to do it.

D-Pad for weapon switching mid-combo?

Lol no.

Honestly the best way wouldve been if DMC4 included a way to disable a weapon and remove it from the cycle until you enable it again. For instance I never use Lucifer. I'd rather be able to jump between Rebellion and Gilgamesh.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
    Thats too bad, Lucifer is his best weapon.
  • SonicabidSonicabid What's wrong with- Joined: Posts: 12,263
    I haven't played a Lego game since some Star Wars themed one on PS2. I bought Lego Pirates of the Caribbean and Lego Lord of the Rings for practically nothing on PS3 recently though. I have no idea when I'll get around to them, but what I do know is that they'll be pure, simple fun. The Lego games are fun. Nothing amazing, nothing crazy-deep on the gameplay front, just pure, simple fun.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,928
    Thats too bad, Lucifer is his best weapon.

I see what you did thar
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
    Point out that Lucifer is his best weapon?
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Mad Hatred Beyond the Haterdome Joined: Posts: 16,437
    What? My left hand actually got pain from doing combos in DmC because of how the buttons were mapped and how easy it was to do combos.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    Yea I thought DmCs control scheme was rather inelegant to be honest.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,042
    Yea I thought DmCs control scheme was rather inelegant to be honest.

Much like everything else concerning that piece of shit.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Yea yea Po.
    Yea yea Po.

Did you really think I would miss an opportunity to shit on DmC(more than it already shits all over itself, anyway)?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    No I didn't.
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,575
    Where's Beta to counter all of this Po?
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,456
    edited February 2015

D-Pad for weapon switching mid-combo?

Lol no.

Honestly the best way wouldve been if DMC4 included a way to disable a weapon and remove it from the cycle until you enable it again. For instance I never use Lucifer. I'd rather be able to jump between Rebellion and Gilgamesh.

You have access to 3 melee weapons without touching the d pad, and there are plenty of opportunities to hit the d pad mid combo without fucking it up. I agree that DMC4's control scheme would have been better if you could have taken a weapon out of the cycles, but I still think DmC's control scheme was largely better (though I would have preferred a manual lock on form the start). DMC4 gave you an absurd amount of options with Dante, but trying to use them all seamlessly was like juggling 6 bowling pins. Remembering which of the 3 firearms, which of the 3 melee weapons, how many times to hit either trigger to get to the next weapon you want, and which of the 5 styles (with Dark Slayer annoyingly being mapped to one direction twice) all at once was annoying. Tons of options, but I found myself using fewer of them than I did in DmC due to the controls.

That said, I would have liked to have seen more moves per weapon in DmC by using B+Y/ /\+O and/or the additional moves that would have been facilitated by a lock on + direction (though I did not miss having the wrong move come out as it happens so often in DMC3).
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,916
    It's true, among DmC's *undisputable* gameplay successes, having 3 weapons immediately accessible stands out along with stagger timing air juggles. Were that integrated into DMC4, it would immediately improve Dante's accessibility.
    PS4 Now Playing: Destiny 2, Warframe, Skyrim
  • ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,479
    SRK truly is 1 big happy family.
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
  • drwill439drwill439 I'll never understand. Joined: Posts: 2,953
    Itome wrote: »
    Unpopular Opinion: Raging Blast 2 isnt a mindless button masher

shoot me

There are certain things you can do that change the mashing nature of the game, but at the end of the day, it's mostly a mindless button masher. I had (and still mostly have) the same opinion about the Ultimate Ninja Storm games.
    ExposedD wrote: »
    SRK truly is 1 big happy family.

I've only got this to say.
    Steam: [PCFL]Dr. Will Xbox 360/One: DrW1ll439
    PSN: drwill439 CFN:WKA439 (PS4) or drwill439(Steam)
    It's true, among DmC's *undisputable* gameplay successes, having 3 weapons immediately accessible stands out along with stagger timing air juggles. Were that integrated into DMC4, it would immediately improve Dante's accessibility.
    Stagger timing? Not hip on the DmC Lingo.

I personally was not too fond of weapons on the d-pad, I don't feel it was an "Undisputable" (Is that ever a word?) success for the game, I much preferred having the weapon switches on the lower shoulder buttons/triggers. I also didn;t like having to hold down the top shoulder buttons for my other two weapons.

Personal preference tho really, I think for lock on systems toggles are better then holds as well for example. In fact toggle is better in almost all situations imo.

*shrug*
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,773
    edited February 2015
    I'll put weapon switching on a touchscreen above any other method. 3 weapons at most is so.....peasant.

*sips earl grey*
    Post edited by Femto on
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
    Dat Wonderful 101 lol.
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,480
    edited February 2015

I would agree, IF you could have just tapped the Angel/Demon mode buttons rather than holding them down. My first run, I had to use Joy2Key and just mapped the keyboard buttons to the pad and that was how I mapped it. When I got a real pad, I didn't like the way it was mapped but had no choice. It's not easy on the hands.

Other than that, I liked DmC's control layout.

I liked how they did it in Bayonetta with entire sets you could change on the fly. It made it more fun to put a setup together even if it didn't give you as many switching options on the fly.
  • ShishiohShishioh Starbreaker Joined: Posts: 2,921

I remember being visibly upset upon finding out that I HAD to play Lego Batman to hack my Wii.
    "Hitboxes have nothing at all to do with the way a fighting game plays. they are just a means to an end."-Random Discus user
    Written exactly like that.
  • eliam3eliam3 Joined: Posts: 72
    The biggest problem with eleague of legends is not the shitty community,is how really outdated the game is not only on graphics but also interm of the client(which suck and lack a lot of features) funcionalitty in general.
    Stagger timing? Not hip on the DmC Lingo.

I personally was not too fond of weapons on the d-pad, I don't feel it was an "Undisputable" (Is that ever a word?) success for the game, I much preferred having the weapon switches on the lower shoulder buttons/triggers. I also didn;t like having to hold down the top shoulder buttons for my other two weapons.

Personal preference tho really, I think for lock on systems toggles are better then holds as well for example. In fact toggle is better in almost all situations imo.

*shrug*

Well, having three melee and one gun at your disposal at any time is what I meant. DMC has always required a bit of creative hand placement to get certain things. IIRC, left on the dpad changes angel weapon and right changes demon, which is fairly intuitive for having to press the dpad.

And the "stagger" combos are the ones where you pause in the middle before continuing to get something different than the standard 4 hit.
    Oh like Nero's air high roller?
    Oh like Nero's air high roller?

I thought high roller was back, forward?
    edited February 2015
    High roller is his Hightime i believe

He has an air version of that move that is attack attack pause attack and he launches them again in the air.

I dont remember the name of it off hand.

I think the move you are thinking of is Caliber.
    Oh, hmm, you're probably right.

DMC4 was the first PS3 game I ever owned, I'm interested in how Vergil will play in SE, or if we get any other improvements.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,986
    @crotchpuncha You know with a name like that. I'm very dissapointed your avatar isn't Makoto performing the first hit of her Seichuzen Gozanzuki Ultra or Johhny Cage's split punch or something.
    edited February 2015
    Hmm
    SoVi3t wrote: »
    never played a DmC game before....gonna start with the reboot

I... don't suggest it.
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,773
    He'd probably enjoy it if you seen the other games he enjoys (and no, that isn't a slighted at Soviet).

Admittedly it looks cool, but I'm not dropping the money on the twins anytime soon.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
    edited February 2015
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    @crotchpuncha You know with a name like that. I'm very dissapointed your avatar isn't Makoto performing the first hit of her Seichuzen Gozanzuki Ultra or Johhny Cage's split punch or something.
    Seemed too on the nose imo. Besides I play neither of those characters. I do play Millia Rage tho.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    High roller is his Hightime i believe

He has an air version of that move that is attack attack pause attack and he launches them again in the air.

I dont remember the name of it off hand.

I think the move you are thinking of is Caliber.

"Roulette" is the name I'm pretty sure.

Also I loved how he had EX moves, so Calibur became Excalibur lol
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,455
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Seemed too on the nose imo. Besides I play neither of those characters. I do play Millia Rage tho.

Cassie Cage main confirmed

Does anyone else think these MKX designs are the best weve seen in series history
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust