Unpopular gaming opinions SECOND IMPACT

Comments

• Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Mad Hatred Beyond the Haterdome Joined: Posts: 16,429
    edited February 2015
    S00perCam wrote: »
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    @crotchpuncha You know with a name like that. I'm very dissapointed your avatar isn't Makoto performing the first hit of her Seichuzen Gozanzuki Ultra or Johhny Cage's split punch or something.
    Seemed too on the nose imo. Besides I play neither of those characters. I do play Millia Rage tho.

Cassie Cage main confirmed

Does anyone else think these MKX designs are the best weve seen in series history
    Depends in the character. Scorpion and Sub Zero look awesome. They got that super buff look like SF and Tekken. Kitana for once doesn't look like a bikini assassin. Cassie Cage looks alright save for her hair and face. They have better stances depending on character. What makes MKX look good is that

A)Graphical improvement
    B)Fan service things like character specific intros, character select screen having animated characters instead of portraits, and unique win poses for everyone. Sub Zero for instance will back dash leaving and ice clone upon victory. And then at the start of round 2, he'll dash back in and smash it with a punch. Looks badass.
    C)Variations. People are concerned that some characters might end up being incomplete. My only concern is that NRS will patch ruin everything because they couldn't balance the game out enough without people complaining. However I do support the idea of variations. Scorpion looks damn interesting because of it.

I'll play Scorpion and Sub Zero unless they bring in Noob Saibot and he can do damage or human Smoke.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,526

Does anyone else think these MKX designs are the best weve seen in series history

Still getting used to the idea of Kitana wearing pants.

I like the new designs of the new characters. I feel the Bee chick is how Q-Bee from Darkstalkers should have been. Many of her attacks involve some sort of body horror.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,881
    @crotchpuncha You know with a name like that. I'm very dissapointed your avatar isn't Makoto performing the first hit of her Seichuzen Gozanzuki Ultra or Johhny Cage's split punch or something.
    Seemed too on the nose imo. Besides I play neither of those characters. I do play Millia Rage tho.

I have no intention of buying MKX tho lol.

It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,912
    Dungeon Fighter Online is seriously the best overall 2D beat em up ever.
    PS4 Now Playing: Destiny 2, Warframe, Skyrim
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170

I like the new designs of the new characters. I feel the Bee chick is how Q-Bee from Darkstalkers should have been. Many of her attacks involve some sort of body horror.

https://games.yahoo.com/news/mortal-kombat-x-female-characters-220300891.html

Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,983

Well with the Darkstalker females they tend to be sexy and/or cute. Not really vicious or brutal with there attacks with Lilith being the exception. And even with her the manner in which she performs her attacks is quite silly and childish, I.E giggling while doing EX Merry go round. Me personally I like her design. I think it's unique. Although the backstory of her design is unsettling. Her eyes are actually in her hair while the eyes on her face is just to give a deceptively cute appearance. Clever but creepy.
    I always liked Lilith better than Morrigan
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

• S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,455
    I just like how they use varied and realistic proportions realistic color palettes and aside from the visuals themselves DIFFERENT JUMP ARCS and JUMPING NORMALS
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,983
    SoVi3t wrote: »

I think to make up for her flat chest she was given more ass than Morrigan.
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641

Chicks with flat-chests + big asses have the smelliest poops :dizzy:
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • SenninSRKSenninSRK The Forever One! Joined: Posts: 3,191

MKX seems like the development of the improvements MK9 made so I'm not surprised by this. However the next MK will be "the"best MK if his trend continues.
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,465
    I'm trying not to get too excited about MKX just in case it winds up being an utter mess. :|
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
    Rick Ross wrote: »

Chicks with flat-chests + big asses have the smelliest poops :dizzy:

Wut?
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,537
    I just hope they don't patch he shit repeatedly as a result of crybabies and not due to actual characters being busted. Injustice went through that, and I'm not sure if MK9 did because I got the very late and it was the complete editon so whatever was needed to be patched was alredy done by that point
    edited February 2015
    MK9 got patched every other week. Some characters like Kano got nerfed into oblivion. Injustice wasn't patch near as much as MK9.
  • Qu_AneQu_Ane Joined: Posts: 251
    edited February 2015
    drwill439 wrote: »
    The only fighter I wanna see from Square Enix is a console iteration/port of Dissidia. The game had decent mechanics and was pretty fun to play, even for someone as unfamiliar with FF as myself (I recognized Cloud, Sephiroth, and Tidus out of the entire cast of Duodecim when I first started playing the game.).
    You might get that soon if the new arcade does well.

And while we're talking about SE opinions; Final Fantasy XII's story and characters are just fine. The gameplay more than makes up for any weak points it could have. And everyone should try to get the Danjuro at least once, even though it's futile.

FFXIII is no where near as bad as people say it is, but it still doesn't deserve two sequels. TWEWY isn't hard. And deserves a sequel. Bravely Default is uninspiring. Chain of Memories is the only inspiring KH game.

@ last page's topic

Because Star Wars didn't have a game based on Star Wars. It was always rebel this or X-wing that. There was no adventure game that took you through the entire movie series (well there was Super Star Wars but that game was hard as FUCK). That's why LEGO Star Wars sold so well, imo. And no other Lego game is anything but a disc being whored off the one that started it all, unfortunately.

[Arcana Heart 3: LM!!!]: Petra/Weiss [KOF]: Kula/Kim/Hwa [GGXRD]: Elphelt
    PSN: Qu_Ane
    atirador wrote: »
    The Order: 1886 is a videogame

If by videogame you mean a glorfied and grossly overpriced straight to DVD/Blue Ray movie with special features that included interactives.
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,841
    MK9 got patched every other week. Some characters like Kano got nerfed into oblivion. Injustice wasn't patch near as much as MK9.

One of the main reasons that i quit that game with the quickness. after the 3rd weekly patch i was just like "... ... NOPE"
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
    edited March 2015
    oddly enough, most of the shit that got patched, was to deal with shit that was just obnoxious online, with the shit netcode. In Injustice, Deathstroke's guns were killing people full screen, with any lag at all. Offline, pretty easy to deal with. Online, you're locked down and losing a lot of hp fast. Superman air lasers were annoying too, but yet again, only really online.

I gave up both Injustice, and MK9, specifically because it was borderline impossible to play online. Hate on SF4 and KI all you guys want, even when they're a little laggy, I can still play them online.

Oddly enough though, I bought them both during last summer's Steam sale, but have never played either :(

• DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,537
    Yeah Injustice was pretty ridiculous online. I didn't notice how bad it was until I played offline at this weekly fighter session we used to have here. After playing this dude for hella long, and going home and playing online, online felt like you were fighting underwater lol.

I didn't notice it in training mode or story mode, because you don't fight the CPU as serious as another human. But that difference was like whoa
    MK and Injustice combos were pretty easy, and then u go online and drop three hit combos, while having trouble with basic fireballs.

• Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    Killer Instinct is worse than 9/11.
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,461

you are killing me :joy: rofl
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.

if you're talking about the SNES version, then yes, I agree.

We need a game centered around the adventures of an interpol detective. It'd be cool to see how a interpol officers does things. Like maybe give Carmelita Fox from Sly Cooper her own spin off title or something.
    @Rampage why you WTF my bashing of SNES Killer Instinct?

• RampageRampage Lurkin' Joined: Posts: 4,993
    I'm not WTFing your bashing of a bad video game, I'm WTFing your comparison of 9/11 to a bad video game (Same as I did with the faux teflon don's post). :P
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,455
    edited March 2015
    ExposedD wrote: »
    Dubstep ruins videogames
    (and everything else on earth too!)

Fartstep:

Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,461
    ^ why does that sound better than regular dubstep? :frowning:

angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,465
    edited March 2015
    BAD Dubstep ruins videogames

Fixed that for you. Dubstep is like any other kind of music, if done poorly (and let's face it, there IS a lot of bad dubstep) then it's noise. I wish the devs would get more REAL producers to do the shit rather than some tuneless fake sounding version of it. But let's face it, dubstep is over. I'd be surprised if you hear any more of it in games released now. And if you do, it's a hint that the game isn't cool and the devs are trying too hard.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,754
    hecatombz wrote: »
    At least Snes version fixed some of the glitches the arcade ver had. Aka Cinders brain dead infinite

Shut up. SNES KI was pure garbage.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    BAD Dubstep ruins videogames

Fixed that for you. Dubstep is like any other kind of music, if done poorly (and let's face it, there IS a lot of bad dubstep) then it's noise. I wish the devs would get more REAL producers to do the shit rather than some tuneless fake sounding version of it. But let's face it, dubstep is over. I'd be surprised if you hear any more of it in games released now. And if you do, it's a hint that the game isn't cool and the devs are trying too hard.

The Dubstep in Black Ops 2 was actually pretty cool.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 25,990
    Dubstep is NEVER cool.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    I liked the dubstep in Tekken Tag 2
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,575
    Can't hate on "What You Will See" in TTT2.
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx