Let's talk about money - The Finance Thread

1333435363739»

Comments

• NinetiesArcadeNinetiesArcade Joined: Posts: 1,345
    General update on that 2 symbols i invested based off of a Motley Fool's podcast eps: stock A: up 24% :wow: , stock B: down 40% :sad: . Meh, i'm in it long so we'll see.

Anyways, was listening to this Freakonomics eps few weeks ago:

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/evolution-accelerated/

CRSP sounds straight off a Star Trek technology; the possibility is endless if this is done right. There is apparently a big patent dispute on who 'owns' it.

http://www.nanalyze.com/2016/11/investing-crispr-cas9-gene-editing/

Placed a few GTC buys on 2 of the listed symbol; let's see where this leads into.

@MarcOfTheBeast : you got balls man, new to investing and planning to get into options trading first? Good luck man.
    =============================================================
    "I put Soleil Moon Frye's breast reduction up with the Holocaust and Khmer Rouge purge as one of THE most senseless tragedies of the 20th Century." Return of Shiki.
    'Racism, that's the name of the game
    And you couldn't escape that if you was David Blaine
    Know what I'm sayin?' -Junk Science, House Wigger

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,647
    Go big or go home. You can't take it (money) with you...
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 194
    So, I had met with an investor from Vanguard yesterday. Pretty much, he told that trading stocks day to day is for the birds and it's a lot of luck involved. And investing in an index fund is way better, it exposes you to less risk and gets you the same amount of yearly returns or better over a long period.

He also mentioned that I should keep two goals in mind when investing. What am I going to use this money for? And when will I need it?

• NinetiesArcadeNinetiesArcade Joined: Posts: 1,345
    edited July 18
    Yea..listen to that Vanguard nigga. There are index funds on literally anything at this point. Good luck and make it rain!
    giphy.gif

Edit: mwahaha; i just re-calc my 401k contribution since my work is now adding 5% in and I'm way overcap. I need to reduce my contribution % which means...

giphy.gif
    Post edited by NinetiesArcade on
    =============================================================
    "I put Soleil Moon Frye's breast reduction up with the Holocaust and Khmer Rouge purge as one of THE most senseless tragedies of the 20th Century." Return of Shiki.
    'Racism, that's the name of the game
    And you couldn't escape that if you was David Blaine
    Know what I'm sayin?' -Junk Science, House Wigger

• FreezingCicadaFreezingCicada Joined: Posts: 588
    Cryptos again. John McAfee buying into Bitcoin and shilling it for 30,000 USD by 2020. Wouldnt trust him but could add excitement for the market and increase buyers.
    https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2017-131
    Though the market is looking spooked by this. I'm still holding on my positions unless Bitcoin drops under 1200 and Ethereum drops below 100 then I'm getting out of cryptos as a whole.

https://www.theqrl.org/
    Last bit of shilling. Initial ICO was .08 cents USD. Atm .41 cents and hit highs of 2.11. Only on the market since June 9, 2017.
    Interesting coin to hold for the long term to see how it will pan out. Will admit I dont know shit about quantum computers and how much of a threat it could be in terms of blockchain technologies or if such computers would even be available for public purchase once its cheap enough for a consumer basis. But its always nice to have the odd hedge here and there.
  • GwynLovesMilkGwynLovesMilk Joined: Posts: 6,091
    Still been doing great on the Crypto front even with people crying about Bitcoin "crashing" and all the fluctuation and corrections. Just convert to USDT when you smell a drop coming and get more when the dust settles, repeat and watch the percentages increase.
    If you want to write a book you have to live a life that's worth sealing in ink.