Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    i really dont count ubuu as human since he's a reborn buu. umm 18 is an android.

The Eternal Dragon turned her into a human so Krillin could fuck her.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    isnt krillin a human? if not what race is he?

and what the hell is tien?

and the androids where half human half machine...did they ever explain how they got converted to half androids? did gero kidnap em or something?

and i forgot about super 17 too if u wanna talk about gt hes up there with the best villains too

krillin is human he was just a really perverted monk.

i'm pretty sure tien was human just was a freak.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    isnt krillin a human? if not what race is he?

and what the hell is tien?

They are humans. Tien just has a 3rd eye and Krillin has no nose, but they are human. And Choutsu looks like a mime but he is also human.

Dragonball is based off of some chinese fairy tale. Alot of the characters from dragonball are characters from the fairy tale.
  • BBCampbellBBCampbell Busy bein' DELICIOUS Joined: Posts: 514
    I will say one thing I liked a lot about the Cell saga (even though I didn't watch much of it) was that it gave us Dan Hibiki... I mean Mr. Satan... I mean Hercule.
    Chun-Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his life. You had him shot as you ran away... a hero at a thousand paces.
    Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it. For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.
    For me... It was Tuesday...
  • Hokuto ShingoHokuto Shingo It'll Do Joined: Posts: 845
    The Cell saga was by far the best saga. Vegita turned SSJ. Trunks became a super beast. It was great.
    |Member of Team Unblockable|
    "And then the boss busted out some crazy intricate broken combo, and she was like "Oh yeah, I know that one. But you need to cancel the low kick into the overhead on the 5th hit, not the 6th. Does more damage. Yep." ~ PK Mays
  • JidaJida Young Bison Face Joined: Posts: 731
    Can someone explain to me how the Cell story arc ends? That's where I stopped watching.

I remember something about Cell trying to absorb the androids to get stronger?
    -He does
    -He beasts on vegeta/trunks
    -He holds a tourney
    -Spawns off mini cells who then beast on everyone
    -Android 19 get destroyed
    -Gohan gets pissed
    -gohan beasts
    -Cell self-destructs
    -Goku gets him and takes him to King Kai's planet killing everyone present
    -Cell regenerates
    -Cell kills Trunks
    -Vegeta gets pissed
    -Vegeta gets beasted on
    -Gohan gets injured while saving Vegeta from certain death
    -Cell and Gohan have a Kamehameha fight
    -Gohan eventually wins (with the help of everyone)
    -Cell is destroyed.
    -Trunks is revived via Dragonball
    -Trunks goes back to his own time
    -Peace
    ......im sure it's been stated already; but you niggas gay. If you wouldn't hit that, you are riding some black cock right now.
    -TheSix
    ^You forgot Trunks goes back, and rapes androids in his time. . .and it was 16 that Cell kills.. . . .Vegeta character evolution was the shit to me back then. . .
  • The EpidemicThe Epidemic Archduke Caramel Adonis Joined: Posts: 9,920
    I just wanna say that Frieza is and always will be my favorite villian. Dude was too pimp and had a whole galaxy scared of him. Imo the namek/frieza saga is dbz best arc...with androids/cell games in a close second.
    God's favorite ©

• ytwojayytwojay Banned Joined: Posts: 2,035
    -He does
    -He beasts on vegeta/trunks
    -He holds a tourney
    -Spawns off mini cells who then beast on everyone
    -Android 19 get destroyed
    -Gohan gets pissed
    -gohan beasts
    -Cell self-destructs
    -Goku gets him and takes him to King Kai's planet killing everyone present
    -Cell regenerates
    -Cell kills Trunks
    -Vegeta gets pissed
    -Vegeta gets beasted on
    -Gohan gets injured while saving Vegeta from certain death
    -Cell and Gohan have a Kamehameha fight
    -Gohan eventually wins (with the help of everyone)
    -Cell is destroyed.
    -Trunks is revived via Dragonball
    -Trunks goes back to his own time
    -Peace
    Cool, thanks. I think I watched up to the part where Cell self-destructed.

What was the deal with Vegeta throughout all of this? I remember at one point he had an "M" on his forehead, and he was super pissed that Goku would turn super saiyan and he couldn't.
    I rarely drive steamboats, dad.
    Cool, thanks. I think I watched up to the part where Cell self-destructed.

What was the deal with Vegeta throughout all of this? I remember at one point he had an "M" on his forehead, and he was super pissed that Goku would turn super saiyan and he couldn't.

M on forehead- Majin Buu saga, not Cell
    Super Saiyan- end of Freiza saga to the arrival of Andriod 19(Gero) and 20 in the Cell saga. . .he overcame his desire to be stronger than Goku, and somehow he changed into one. . .
  • Batman77Batman77 Mr. D-Pad Man Joined: Posts: 1,170
    :lol: I have to definatly say the android/cell saga was the best,

-It had future trunks
    -Goku didn't save the world someone else did
    -NO spirit bomb! (that is seriously used too much it's in almost every movie (or some variation of it) and used on every major villian goku fights as a finisher (vegeta,freeza, Buu) and it takes way too long/episodes to actually use.
    -Gohan stopped wining and became raw
    -Piccalo (at a point) was the strongest/best warrior on the planet
    -this series is not as predictable as the others
    -vegeta gets his arm broken
    -Goku Dies and stays dead for at least 7 years
    -Freeza gets sliced and diced and his father is killed
    -THE HUMANS ACTAULLY DID SOMETHING AND MATTERED (Tein,Yamcha,Krillin)
    -the whole alternate time line where just about everyone is dead except F. trunks

there is a lot more but I don't feel like typing for that long :rofl:
    GAME-ZONE RECREATION
    check it out at WWW.GZRonline.com
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,882
    I agree,Raditz was lame...

DOUBLE SUNDAY!

I like Radditz. Only good parts of the Buu Saga where:

1. Vegeta
    2. Super Buu
    3. Dabura
    4. Mystic Gohan
    5. Vegito
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,960 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    cept for the fact the cell saga was lame, and seemed like they were running out of ideas.

Lol! I thought I only noticed that.

17 vs. Pic was an awesome fight though.

Cell vs. Gohan too.
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

the future timeline movie with lil trunks and one armed gohan was beast.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • {PFH}-Lake{PFH}-Lake Joined: Posts: 2,053
    Lol! I thought I only noticed that.

17 vs. Pic was an awesome fight though.

Cell vs. Gohan too.
    its just like 1 random idea after other all thrown together and a lot of eps were borring same crap over and over again.
    Starcraft 2 profile, hecatomb code 298
  • p_r0phetp_r0phet Joined: Posts: 83
    I really liked the Supreme Kai(sp?) that was a kool mf
    "It was your choice to be disrespectful of others. Now it is my choice to have no respect nor empathy for you or your past" - YunChang
  • DanSCDanSC Joined: Posts: 608
    Dragon Ball is the best of all, the things i didnt like about dbz is that it deosnt mention alot about human characters (yamcha, tien, krillin, roshi, chowsu) as it goes further toward the end..they should be consistant through out the series, the series also it lacks humor, and i felt bad for yamcha, his role was good in DB, but weak in DBZ, i mean he always the first one that get killed in the battle, lost his girlfriend Bulma to vegeta, then gave up on fighting..and i probably i only one who doesnt like vegeta..
  • jsweyjswey swgg Joined: Posts: 388
    My favorite saga would have to be the Saiyan saga because there was
    more hand to hand combat rather than just throwing around fireballs and teleporting around. You also get to see all of the original dbz group fighting (chaotzu, tien, yamcha all get less airplay from this point on)
    "fuck that "he made money so you can't hate" bullshit. So tired of dumbfucks apologizing for shit because it makes money. You know what else made a whole bunch of money? Slavery."
    -Warpticon
  • fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    even though i hate pretty much everything about japan, i gotta say, dbz is awesome. it goes against everything i hate in anime:

mainly, the main characters are not girly elfish skinny wussies with purple hair. hell no, these are BLUE EYED, BLOND HAIRED, MUSCULAR ASS KICKERS, THAT PULL NO PUNCHES AND BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF EACH OTHER.

anyway, even cosplayers cant ruin it

but seriously, did they really need to nerf/rape/pwn gohan so badly in the buu saga? cmon now.
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
    oh the main thing that pissed me off of any akira toriyama shit is his blatant racism.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • merdocmerdoc Dont Get Shot. Joined: Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Winning is Everything
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,358
    Anyone mind explain when and how Vegeta ended up banging and marrying Bulma?
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
    Anyone mind explain when and how Vegeta ended up banging and marrying Bulma?

He became fond of earthlings, or if I recall him saying so.

Since Bulma was the head female of the series, they pared them together for more ideals to introduce Trunks.

• Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,521 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I hate it when people say this,

I also hate to hear that cuz you know they're really just talking about Goku, Kuririn, Oolong and Gohan, but saying "everybody" for some reason. Everyone else sounds like an adult. And Vegita does indeed sound like royalty, unlike his (and Piccolo's) "my throat's sore from deep-throating guys" dub voice. In the original, most of the characters sound like real voices you'd probably hear on the street in Japan with the exception of the characters I mentioned earlier. In the dub, they ALL sound like silly cartoon voices, no matter how serious the dialogue, and all the kid characters are OBVIOUSLY done by women, who are probably just using their normal voices, unlike their japanese counterparts, who are "pulling a Cartwright" (woman doing a young male voice and actually SOUNDING like a young male). That's the main thng that killed the dub for me: I was hearing mocking effigies of the characters I once thought were cool (another thing mainstreaming has killed for me).
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • ViciousSLASHViciousSLASH Game Time Jones Joined: Posts: 7,510
    The Japanese Music is so very bad.

Gimme Vegeta's Bell Theme ftw.

DONG, dong, da-DONG!!

Dragonball and Dragonball Z are great though. DBZ was my whole life in middle school.

DB had cooler fights.
    http://michaelpfeffer.blogspot.com I don't even update this, who cares
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    As I've said before:

Spanish dub
    original Japanese
    Ocean Group

Cartoon Network

In that order.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm still to this day wondering how Vegeta's Final Flash didn't finish Cell off and only destroyed his upper right torso. The blast shaved off the northwestern hemipshere and pretty much tore the Ozone Layer a new one.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    Anybody watch GT? I heard great things about it, then stop hearing about it lol.

• Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,521 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Anybody watch GT? I heard great things about it, then stop hearing about it lol.

You wanna know what's good about GT? And this is the japanese version: Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku, Don't You See, Hitori Janai...and the final japanese episode. For a shitty spinoff series (and believe me, the american version was even worse) the final ep was fuckin' triumphant. I don't know how the american dub final ep is, or even if they used the original japanese ep, or just ended the series in the same ep the last fight ended cuz I couldn't stand it. With a few cut scenes and eps here and there, and the "awesome" (*snort*) va's from DBZ, they turned trash...into shit.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!

I liked it. . . .but almost anyone really into DBZ or DB hated it. . .alot of plot holes, and stupid shit. . . .
  • World WarriorWorld Warrior Joined: Posts: 56
    As I've said before:

Spanish dub
    original Japanese
    Ocean Group

Cartoon Network

In that order.

Which Spanish dub do you speak of?
    "I'll keep fighting.. training.. and searching. Wait for me, warriors.. I live for your challenge!"

PSN: Teen_Hearts
  • m121akumam121akuma Power to Tearer Joined: Posts: 1,993
    DBZ = Best Shonen Anime evar. Act like you fuckin know.

I'm sorry, but the Japanese version rocks the dub so hard. Masako Nozawa has some incredible voice control. Yeah, when she's being silly and shit, she's all high pitched, but listen to her when Goku's actually being badass (i.e Super Saiyan 3 for the first time). Her voice drops like a whole octive. It's incredible. Vegeta's Japanese voice is too slick. And dear lord Freeza. Goes from a creepy transvestite who's been smoking it's whole life in the dub to one of the scariest, craziest mutherfuckers ever.

Warning for all of you thinking of picking up the DVD sets: They are Widescreen. This is a fullscreen series. That means they have been cropped. A lot of times it's not too noticable, but sometimes...gah. No clue why FUNi did this.
    Me: You want a new console game? That's nice. Here's a new arcade version. Keep those petitions coming, we need more toilet paper
    FurryCurry: lol. make that your srk sig.
    Me: Done and done
  • goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    Warning for all of you thinking of picking up the DVD sets: They are Widescreen. This is a fullscreen series. That means they have been cropped. A lot of times it's not too noticable, but sometimes...gah. No clue why FUNi did this.
    Actually, the show was originally produced in an aspect ratio somewhere between widescreen and fullscreen. I am not certain why Toei chose to do this.

The original DBZ prints have deteriorated. FUNimation was able to fix them for the most part, but the tops and bottoms of each frame were damaged beyond repair. When confronted with the choice of either cropping the left and right sides (as per usual with the T.V. broadcasts) or the top and bottom, they chose the latter. Though slightly more of the frame was lost than cropping the other way, this at least enabled them to both solve the problem of damaged prints and include anamorphic enhancement.

Keep in mind, Dragon Ball ended 10 years ago. Though these episodes are just now getting released on remastered DVDs, the prints themselves have been sitting in a warehouse in Japan for over a decade. Some things are not built to last.

And anyone who chooses the dub version is at least a little bit fruity. The subtitles are translated about as closely as they're going to get (thanks to a superb translator that they should have fucking employed for the dub in the first place), so there's no reason not to watch the Japanese version.
  • semijuggalosemijuggalo Joined: Posts: 577
    Yo, Million! I found a featuring your favorite line from the Saiyan Saga!

LOVE the part where Piccolo punches the fuck out of that last Saibaman's stomach before tossing it up to its doom!
    -RIP Mom (1954-2013), you were my greatest inspiration and source of encouragement.
    -Never let the fire of your creativity burn out.
    DOUBLE SUNDAY!

I like Radditz. Only good parts of the Buu Saga where:

Raditz never actually did a move called Double Sunday. They just gave him moved named after days of the week for some reason.
  • GC!?GC!? undine Joined: Posts: 408
    I'm still to this day wondering how Vegeta's Final Flash didn't finish Cell off and only destroyed his upper right torso. The blast shaved off the northwestern hemipshere and pretty much tore the Ozone Layer a new one.

Which version of Cell did Vegeta shoot a Final Flash at? A Cell Jr. hax'd by grabbing a Final Flash blast and punting it away (IIRC). If it wasn't Perfect Cell I say it should've taken out more of him.
    The Japanese Music is so very bad.

Gimme Vegeta's Bell Theme ftw.

DONG, dong, da-DONG!!

Dragonball and Dragonball Z are great though. DBZ was my whole life in middle school.

DB had cooler fights.

Unmei no Hi is a good song, but other then that I can't speak for the rest of the Japanese music. I grew into the American music, except some songs did get repetitive (someone pointed out to me that there's usually music playing at all times, which explains why it felt so repetitive).

I liked both DB and DBZ, but unfortunately I have yet to watch the entirety of both series. I still need to see past the Red Ribbon Army saga in DB and the Radditz/Saiyan sagas in DBZ :\

Edit: I'd like to say that Vegeta really needed more victories. Honestly, he jobs in almost all his fights with anyone. Since he's unfortunately forced to be a step down to Goku, he still doesn't get too much opportunity to prove himself.
  • {PFH}-Lake{PFH}-Lake Joined: Posts: 2,053
    GT was ass
    Starcraft 2 profile, hecatomb code 298
  • DanSCDanSC Joined: Posts: 608
    man i dont understand why gundam continued to make their sequal up till today, but not DB/DBZ when it got more fans, support and profit out of it...i want more DB/DBZ!!!
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,358
    Gundam has as much support as DB/DBZ.Akira Toriyama just probably wanted it to be over.
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • AzraelAzrael Epic Calling! Joined: Posts: 3,258
    Re: Japanese Voices

The thing is, America started with DBZ, with all of the characters already grown up. DB was an afterthought, like "Hey, see how it all started!" But in Japan, everything started with Dragon Ball.

Goku, of course was a little kid. He was given a voice appropriate for a little boy. Yes, he was voiced by a woman, but hell, that's an industry norm for any country (Kid Gohan's VA's have been female in the English dubs...). Through the course of the series, Goku aged. There was one episode in DB where, literally, they skip 3 years, and Goku goes from being a little boy to the grown man we know him as. I suppose they could have switched out the VA for Goku to a guy, but believe me when I say that this would have gone over HORRIBLY. The VA for Kid Goku, Masako Nozawa, defined the role. She WAS Goku. Anything else would not have been acceptible. If you watch the show from the beginning of DB, as Japanese people did, it's just the most natural, most expected thing.

It also represents a side of Goku that was lost in the dubbing. Even though he gets bigger and stronger throughout the series, in many ways he doesn't change a whole lot from the time he was introduced in DB - he's still just a big, innocent, country-bumpkin kid at heart. Again, if you've watched the show from DB, it all makes sense.

I started on the dub myself, then switched to the Japanese version when I found Psaros's Uncensored site and saw just how much the show had been changed. At first, Goku's voice didn't quite sit right with me either. But eventually, I got used to it. And when I did watch DB from the start, that voice just became Goku - I can't imagine any other voice for the character.

Unlike many otaku, I don't think that the English dub should have tried to copy the voice Nozawa provided for the character. I can understand why they would move away from that, especially considering that American audiences hadn't been following the story from the start. And I don't want people to prefer or even like the Japanese VA's over the American ones. I just hate it when people say "The Japanese VA's suck, why does Goku sound like a girl!" without knowing the whole story.

Torem_Kamina:

Definitely need to work that EX Tatsu wake-up into my gameplan. Sacrificing damage and stun meter for psychological damage. That's some next level shit right there.