Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• ViciousSLASHViciousSLASH Game Time Jones Joined: Posts: 7,500
    The one guy drew Piccolo EXTRA happy which was funny.

Eiichiro Oda drew Goku just like Luffy, except on a cloud with Nami's stick.
    http://michaelpfeffer.blogspot.com I don't even update this, who cares
  • ShukudaShukuda Joined: Posts: 218
    Well DB/DBZ is pretty legendary. Hopefully it'll get revived sometime in the future...cause I need to clear out some DBZ merchandise.

Did they really have to drag everything out in the anime? Fecking fillers.
    Nagis-Nida-Cago-Basa-Niughtmae-Pryesu!
    Well DB/DBZ is pretty legendary. Hopefully it'll get revived sometime in the future...cause I need to clear out some DBZ merchandise.

Did they really have to drag everything out in the anime? Fecking fillers.

One of the fillers is one of the best episodes, when Piccolo and Goku learn to drive.

That was a hilarious episode.

Driving instructor :CUT THE STEERING!

*chop!*

AHHHHH!!!!

Goku : lol
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,317
    That was a great episode.

They were wondering about why the should learn how to drive when they can just fly anywhere. :rofl:
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,039 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    that episode verified that piccolo was really black. he came mid 90's thugged out.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Which version of Cell did Vegeta shoot a Final Flash at? A Cell Jr. hax'd by grabbing a Final Flash blast and punting it away (IIRC). If it wasn't Perfect Cell I say it should've taken out more of him.

Perfect Cell one. The one that could be seen from space. It was a direct hit (Cell didn't try and dodge trying to be badass) and it only took off his upper right torso.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CJ7E2dqCyNE
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    Perfect Cell one. The one that could be seen from space. It was a direct hit (Cell didn't try and dodge trying to be badass) and it only took off his upper right torso.

Yeah that made no sense, he took out half that whole part of the planet and yet Cell was like "You only hit my shoulder because the writers said so"

lol @ cell saying shit before being hit.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • semijuggalosemijuggalo Joined: Posts: 577

Yeah? Well, what about Goku hitting Cell with the Warp Kamehameha? He blew his entire upper-body into oblivion, yet when he comes back after self-destructing later, he says that as long as his nucleus (located in his head) was undamaged, he could survive anything!

Talk about your plot holes!

FUNi's version does something much more believeable, and has him say that he could regenerate from any surviving body cells.
    -RIP Mom (1954-2013), you were my greatest inspiration and source of encouragement.
    -Never let the fire of your creativity burn out.
  • AzraelAzrael Epic Calling! Joined: Posts: 3,258
    IMHO that's what made Cell so lame. They beat him several times - its was just that his regeneration glitch kept him coming back. Freeza just straight-up took heavy shots and kept coming back.

Also, is Funi actually respected as a dubbing company now? Wow, things have CHANGED since I got out of the scene.

Torem_Kamina:

Definitely need to work that EX Tatsu wake-up into my gameplan. Sacrificing damage and stun meter for psychological damage. That's some next level shit right there.

IMHO that's what made Cell so lame. They beat him several times - its was just that his regeneration glitch kept him coming back. Freeza just straight-up took heavy shots and kept coming back.

Also, is Funi actually respected as a dubbing company now? Wow, things have CHANGED since I got out of the scene.

like i have said 4kids is where funimation was a decade or so ago. back then funimation was the devil and it was inconceivable of them getting any show we loved...now we beg for them to have them.

cell regeneration glitch is because of piccolo.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,832
    Cell=Wolverine lol

Buu is like 100X worse than Cell. I mean Vegeta went Supernova on his ass and he just pulled himself back together.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • WolfkillerWolfkiller Equal Opportunity Destroyer Joined: Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This thread brings back memories. Every day after high school we'd all walk to my house and watch DBZ and Batman:TAS (I think that was on after DBZ anyways) on Toonami. Those were the fucking days.
    Shin-Mech-Brian: As I walk through, I look up and see Chun-Li holding my son and she says, "arrest him!" Ronald McDonald pulls up from behind me and put me in handcuffs. I ask why I'm being arrested and he says, "I'm under arrest for killing Santa Clause."
  • TheSixTheSix Good Ol'Gil Joined: Posts: 1,367
    "......you touched a dragon ball! Didn't I explicitly say to NOT touch the dragon balls during this exercise? Well....DIDN'T I!"

......OK!

Bam!
    Aw, finally, Ol'Gil's moving up to the big leagues, boy! Ow! My back! HA-HA, Owwwww....
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah? Well, what about Goku hitting Cell with the Warp Kamehameha? He blew his entire upper-body into oblivion, yet when he comes back after self-destructing later, he says that as long as his nucleus (located in his head) was undamaged, he could survive anything!

Talk about your plot holes!

FUNi's version does something much more believeable, and has him say that he could regenerate from any surviving body cells.

That wasn't a plot hole, I actually liked that because it showed the power he had and his resilience. His name is Cell afterall.

The Final Flash thing however didn't make sense being that it was a direct hit.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    the first tournament with goku and krillin in db was too beastly. Some guy would use his bad smell against krillin then half way through the fight krillin remembered he had no nose lol. :rofl::rofl:
    God, that dude was nasty. He would dip his hand into his shorts and fling the sweat at his opponent. I still get a little queasy thinking about that particular battle.
  • m121akumam121akuma Power to Tearer Joined: Posts: 1,993
    Snip
    I wouldn't have nearly as big a problem with Funi's release if the new Japanese DVD's were widescreen as well, but they aren't. They're remastered fullscreen. I dunno if Toei's just being a bitch and not releasing the Dragonbox footage to Funi, or if this was Funi's own decision, but either way, it's bullshit.

Word on the subs though. Steve Simmons rocks. I guaran-damn-tee you'll get more out of the story if you watch the subtitled version. Way fucking better translation.
    Me: You want a new console game? That's nice. Here's a new arcade version. Keep those petitions coming, we need more toilet paper
    FurryCurry: lol. make that your srk sig.
    Me: Done and done
  • TrunksSS3TrunksSS3 S3ntinel DestroysALL Joined: Posts: 312
    i didnt even know DBZ seasons were out on DVD...since when?
    Member of -=Team Decepticons=-

PSN Gamertag - S3ntinel2001
    XBL MvC2 Gamertag - Potter2010
    U think you can stop me?..... just try to!
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,895
    I read about the DBZ games before, but I was one of the few that actually saw DB when it first aired back in the day. The eventual jump from DB first couple of episodes to DBZ beginnings was jarring as fuck. Although it did sort of make me appreciate the DB episodes better when I eventually got to see them.

IMO, as a whole DB > DBZ >>> DBGT.

Anyone else think that Goku was a douche after watching DBZ. I loved the kid in DB, but after the Cell game begins he becomes the series biggest asshole.

As cool as it was seeing Gohan kick ass at the end of the Cell Saga, Goku's reasoning for staying dead was weak. Hell, it was a bit of dick move to transport Cell to King Kai's planet to begin with.

It only got worst in the Buu saga. Him not killing off Buu when he had the chance, mutiple times and him abandoning his family (for the second or third time) to train Uub at the end. Dude went from being my favorite to the nigga I hate to see on the screen.

GT was just an abomination and is probably the reason we haven't seen anyone else try to tackle picking up a new DBZ series either set in the future or during the time gaps.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • Power Man FoxPower Man Fox Man's natural enemy Joined: Posts: 1,035
    Oh man i miss dbz so much :sad: I remember racing home from school just to see it.
    I always felt bad for vegeta though, because no matter how hard he tried, goku was just always out of reach.
    Good thread!
    Go read Liar Game, you'll thank me later.
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The fans wanted Goku. Toriyama was clearly trying to work towards Gohan being The One and all, but after the Cell games he got dumped on in favor of Goku, much like the entire cast.

I've noticed that there's a difference between dubbed Goku and the subtitled Goku, with the English dub seeming twice as douche-baggy.
  • Milk StoneMilk Stone Joined: Posts: 200
    The fans wanted Goku. Toriyama was clearly trying to work towards Gohan being The One and all, but after the Cell games he got dumped on in favor of Goku, much like the entire cast.

I've noticed that there's a difference between dubbed Goku and the subtitled Goku, with the English dub seeming twice as douche-baggy.

I had no problem with Goku being the strongest since he was the main character and all, but I hated how from Z through GT everyone else just sucked, and by everyone I mean the non-saiyans. Yamcha, Piccolo, Krillin, Tien, they were all dope... but became useless.

Anyway, is Budokai 3 the best DBZ game for PS2? Interested in "getting" it.
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,832
    Tenkaichi 2 has a fuckload of characters.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Yeah, Toriyama REALLY wanted to shift the focus on Gohan, but the fans just weren't having it - they still loved Goku. It's why Goku always seems to peace out for awhile, but then ultimately come back and save the day.

In the Japanese version, Goku ditching everybody is just a part of his child-like character. You know he never grew up, so its plausible. Like at the end of DBZ when he leaves to go train Uubu, he's just like "cool strong new opponent whee!!!!" and all the other characters are like "WHAT THE FU- ah, classic Goku!" In the dubbed version - yeah, he's just an asshole. Things lost in translation I suppose.

Torem_Kamina:

Definitely need to work that EX Tatsu wake-up into my gameplan. Sacrificing damage and stun meter for psychological damage. That's some next level shit right there.

• m121akumam121akuma Power to Tearer Joined: Posts: 1,993
    Aight, now that I know there's a big enough Dragonball fanbase here:

www.daizex.com

Sorry, I just have to pimp this site. It's a great resource, it has an entertaining podcast, and the webmaster is a huge SF fan (where do you think the EX came from?).

And Budokai 3 is a damn solid game. Greatest Hits version is the version to get, as it is dual language and has extra unlockable costumes. However, from what I've played, Super DBZ has the better engine by far. Which I just saw today for about 15 bucks. I may have to cop that soon...
    Me: You want a new console game? That's nice. Here's a new arcade version. Keep those petitions coming, we need more toilet paper
    FurryCurry: lol. make that your srk sig.
    Me: Done and done
  • Milk StoneMilk Stone Joined: Posts: 200
    A lot of mixed reviews about it on Gamespot, and it got a worse review as well.

But interesting how it's made by the same team who made SFII?
    DaizenshuuEX is still around? :bluu:

I have Super DBZ. It's not bad, but kinda linear. I also have Sparking Neo! (what's the title in America?) which I like as a 1P game, not sure how it stacks up as 2P. But Neo's probably my favorite DBZ game.

Torem_Kamina:

• MarkudeaMarkudea "D" Supporter Joined: Posts: 538
    oh the main thing that pissed me off of any akira toriyama shit is his blatant racism.

I agree, especially how he made Mr. Popo and the job that he had. That was clear-as-day racism...
    1 of a kind...
    XBL: Markudea
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460
    Yeah, Toriyama REALLY wanted to shift the focus on Gohan, but the fans just weren't having it - they still loved Goku. It's why Goku always seems to peace out for awhile, but then ultimately come back and save the day.

In the Japanese version, Goku ditching everybody is just a part of his child-like character. You know he never grew up, so its plausible. Like at the end of DBZ when he leaves to go train Uubu, he's just like "cool strong new opponent whee!!!!" and all the other characters are like "WHAT THE FU- ah, classic Goku!" In the dubbed version - yeah, he's just an asshole. Things lost in translation I suppose.

Thats the main reason why i hated Buu saga with a passion. That saga should have ended with Gohan,Goten and Trunks saving the day. Not Goku and his deux ex machina the Spirit bomb.
  • Tone!Tone! so what you do is Joined: Posts: 1,401

Anyway, is Budokai 3 the best DBZ game for PS2? Interested in "getting" it.

I would say it's either that or Super DBZ. Budokai 3 is actually pretty damn fun, especially with the character customization through capsules. It may not be the most deepest and technical fighter, but it sure is a blast to go through capsules to see what kind of nice combinations you can make up.

Super DBZ is alright too, but I think it just needed a bit more polish. Feels way too clunky to me. It really could use a sequel or a revision..
  • ShadowcuzShadowcuz JTC Joined: Posts: 1,626
    Brolly is the most badass character in DBZ:cool:
    PSN: JTCuz
  • 2pacnbiggie2pacnbiggie Fuck Jay Z Joined: Posts: 159
    whats so good about budokai 3? after i played budokai 1-2 i kinda gave up on the series and thought the control scheme was wack...(pppe for moves, no flight etc..)

but last year i went and got the budokai tenkaichi 2 and loved it, the controls were great, easy to learn, and it was actually like it is on the show, good combos, teleports during fights and everything

i always hear that budokai 3 is good but was scared to try it.... does that game differ much from budokai 1 and 2?

and how does it stack up to budokai tenkaichi 2?
    www.twitter.com/sedp23
  • TrunksSS3TrunksSS3 S3ntinel DestroysALL Joined: Posts: 312
    budokai 3 is the best DBZ game ever IMO

i never did like tenkaichi ..hate the camera view in the game is to wild , so i never picked up part 2

PS: The Japanese music is the best, you got to love the 1st intro theme =]
    Member of -=Team Decepticons=-

PSN Gamertag - S3ntinel2001
    XBL MvC2 Gamertag - Potter2010
    U think you can stop me?..... just try to!
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,895

Yeah, but did it seem to anyone else that he almost kept trying to end the series even before Cell game? I mean the way most of the storyarcs ended it almost felt like they kept pushing him to do more and up the ante until by the time DB ended we got DBZ, which starts out with Goku dying. Obviously it couldn't end like that completely but even the end of the first saga had Goku not actually beat Vegeta completely.

But maybe that is just me.

I still say that was a bitch move for a a 40+ year old dude to make. Don't know how the translation can help, child-like maybe, but still just as selfish as any other dude leaving his family to go fuck around.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • BBCampbellBBCampbell Busy bein' DELICIOUS Joined: Posts: 514
    Raditz never actually did a move called Double Sunday. They just gave him moved named after days of the week for some reason.

This was a FUNimation created move.

Basically, they made DB: Budokai and wanted to put Raditz in it (even though his whole purpose in it was to job to the heroes, it's like putting in Ninja Murasaki, which would actually fucking rock if they made an original Dragon Ball fighting game, but anyway...).

However, Raditz was only in like 6 episodes so he had no moves. So they gave him one in the game and called it Double Sunday.

Then FUNimation redubbed the first few epsiodes of DBZ, strangely completely re-using the original script, which was waaaaay the fuck off (though taking out the whole "Next Dimension" thing and the "Home for Infinite Losers", because characters in a kids' show can't die and they sure as hell can't go to... umm... hell...). Seeing as Raditz now had a move name, they decided that he was going to "do" this move now.

Kind of like having Kylie Minogue kick a guy in SFTM and calling it the Cannon Spike (yeah, I know it was called "Thrust Kick" in the movie, shut up.)
    Chun-Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his life. You had him shot as you ran away... a hero at a thousand paces.
    Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it. For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.
    For me... It was Tuesday...
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    boy i do love me some dragon ball. :lovin: all this dbz talk has been making me watch the ocean dub of the cell saga now. someone's posting entire episodes...

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=kwark1985&p=r

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=DBZmusicsearch&p=r

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=DBZmusicsearch&p=r&page=2

screw the video thread. :wink:

but man, listening to drummond and mcneil deliver their natural voices to vegeta and piccolo just reminded me of how horrible and jarring sabat's raspy immitations were. had it not been for the trashy music, this dub would've been golden.

but not all of FUNimation's cast was terrible. i thought their goku, roshi, oolong and tenshinhan, were much better than the original voices.
    Brolly is the most badass NON-CANON character in DBZ:cool:

Fixed.

(Off Topic) The Piccolo vs Android 17 fight is so underrated it's not funny.

• DanSCDanSC Joined: Posts: 606
    i think if DBGT wasnt trying to focus only on trunk, goku, pan and turned goku into child would of turn out better....
    i just like how their was no super saiyans for like 1000 years then all of sudden everyone could be a super saiyan. I dont think any saiyans didnt go super at least once.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Well, as previously stated before, the series was supposed to end after the Freeza/Frieza saga (BTW, DBZ came out at around the same time as Batman & Robin, hence FUNimation/Saban spelling it the way they did).

Thus, Goku was supposed to be the one and only Legendary Super Saiyan. However, since the series was continued, things like making Vegeta, Trunks, Gohan, et al Super Saiyans came up.

Then, the series was supposed to be all about Gohan, what with him being the first to go SSJ2 and Goku dying again, but the fans wouldn't have that, so Goku came back to life and went SSJ3.

Then, Dragon Ball (Z) ended, and the fans wouldn't have THAT, hence the abomination known as DBGT.

So, to all of you who complain that companies don't listen to the fans, see what happens when they do?
    Chun-Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his life. You had him shot as you ran away... a hero at a thousand paces.
    Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it. For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,449 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    budokai 3 is the best DBZ game ever IMO

i never did like tenkaichi ..hate the camera view in the game is to wild , so i never picked up part 2

PS: The Japanese music is the best, you got to love the 1st intro theme =]

I have both Budokai 2 and 3's full (4-5 minute) intro songs from the soundtrack cd. I can post a link if you want...
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    So, to all of you who complain that companies don't listen to the fans, see what happens when they do?

We mean AMERICAN fans. I would have thought that was obvious. Shit, if japanese companies listened to the fans their television would be ALL hentai/ecchi anime, and needledick theater (porn).
    We mean AMERICAN fans. I would have thought that was obvious. Shit, if japanese companies listened to the fans their television would be ALL hentai/ecchi anime, and needledick theater (porn).

Well, think about it: Why would a Japanese company care about what an American consumer thinks unless the product is intended to be international?

For example, Guile was put in Street Fighter II because Capcom wanted to "appeal to the American player" (partly because SF1 was more popular in the US than in Japan, though before SFII, I'd never heard of Street Fighter...)

However, mangaka and anime companies produce stories and shows that would appeal to Japanese consumers. Name me one anime made with the intent to be international. (On the flip side, name me one US movie, TV show or comic that's intended to be international...)

Also, wouldn't most US companies listened to their fans, wouldn't we also get bombarded by porn?
    Wouldn't we get an episode of Family Guy where Brian actually gets to nail Lois?
    Wouldn't there be an episode of Friends where Monica, Rachel and Phoebe just wrestle around in baby oil (and don't speak)?
    Wouldn't have Samuel L. Jackson completely pwned the Star Wars prequel trilogy, causing A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back & Return of the Jedi to instantly become non-canon?
    Wouldn't Freakazoid get more than 2 seasons?
  • WolfkillerWolfkiller Equal Opportunity Destroyer Joined: Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Aight, now that I know there's a big enough Dragonball fanbase here:

www.daizex.com

Damn...they talk mad shit about the new DVD release. Anyone here have the new remastered set? Are you satisfied with it?
    Shin-Mech-Brian: As I walk through, I look up and see Chun-Li holding my son and she says, "arrest him!" Ronald McDonald pulls up from behind me and put me in handcuffs. I ask why I'm being arrested and he says, "I'm under arrest for killing Santa Clause."
    I still say that was a bitch move for a a 40+ year old dude to make. Don't know how the translation can help, child-like maybe, but still just as selfish as any other dude leaving his family to go fuck around.
    Yeah, it is a bastard move for a 40 year old guy to do...but for Goku, it's believeable since he does have that child-like personality.

Goku was always like that. He agreed to marry Chi Chi thinking marriage was just an event where he could eat a lot, and when he found out what marriage actually was he was like "Ah, fuck it - I can't go back on my promise!" Then Kami tries to make him into the new God of the Earth, and Goku was like "Hell no, I don't want that responsibility!"

Despite becoming so damned powerful, at heart Goku never really grew up at all. You watch Dragonball, and it's Goku as a kid. You watch DBZ, and it's the exact same Goku, just with a bigger body. That's one of the things that the dubbing kinda failed to capture.

Torem_Kamina:

• Brutal-RBrutal-R Reassuringly Cheap Joined: Posts: 269
    Fixed.

(Off Topic) The Piccolo vs Android 17 fight is so underrated it's not funny.

Too true. I really liked the way they were equals with Piccolo getting the upper hand then #17 etc. Hated the way that Cell walked on and dealt with them both but #17 showing respect to Piccolo topped it off.
    Ultra Respect to Yeah Dood 120% for the AV.

Flaming new people is wrong. But using CE Bison on them is perfectly OK. - Chachi
  • The DamnedThe Damned Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken? Joined: Posts: 10,693 mod
    This is just a pretext for greatness.

Hmmm...for all this time, every since I learned about the Brian Drummond voice actor, I always thought people were talking about the older-sounding, Funimation version that I remember.

Weird.

Anyway, it's nice to see this thread around, even if I can't take Dragonball Z seriously anymore.

Dragonball, however, is the truth. I remember trying to stay home as a kid sometimes and watch in on what used to be UPN.

I swear, if pink wasn't such an emetic color, I'd probably have searched for and bought a Mercernary Tao "Kill You" vest/jacket by now.

Oh, by the way, this post[/url] has been an excuse to link to Kajekotun's DBZ parody-related videos, which are part of the reason that I can't take DBZ seriously anymore. Kajekotun is the guy that made "Over 9000!" so popular. Whether you know who that is or not and whether you've gotten tired of "Over 9000!", I would [url=
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
    Too true. I really liked the way they were equals with Piccolo getting the upper hand then #17 etc. Hated the way that Cell walked on and dealt with them both but #17 showing respect to Piccolo topped it off.

Especially when they were punching each other so hard that their fists were bulging out of their back. And the double Alpha Counters where they both were spinning.

Just an awesome fight overall.

Especially when they were punching each other so hard that their fists were bulging out of their back.

Those were referred to in the pre-dub days ('93) as "prostate-puking punches".
    It was sweet when Piccolo surrounded 17 with energy balls, and 17 was like "Wtf are you doin...oh shit!" and had to make the energy shield to protect himself.

That was one of the best fights on DBZ.