Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    Aight, now that I know there's a big enough Dragonball fanbase here:

www.daizex.com
    Holy jesus. I didn't even realize this site was still around. VegettoEX has to be about 30 by now.

I remember back with the site was just called "VegettoEX's Home Page" or something like that. It used to be mainly just a big archive of RealAudio music from the show, and some other stuff. Seems like when he first moved to SREanime, everything started changing.

Man, you blew my mind. I thought all those old sites were long gone.
  • semijuggalosemijuggalo Joined: Posts: 577
    I wonder how long it took to make that?
    -RIP Mom (1954-2013), you were my greatest inspiration and source of encouragement.
    -Never let the fire of your creativity burn out.
  • ParryAllParryAll Dangerous Posts Joined: Posts: 3,311
    Its funny cause i came across some Japanese, uncensored DBZ fights on you tube the other day. You know, ones that feature the good original dbz music and sound effects and i was like 'damn, this is fuckin good'. Especially the buu era high budget shit.

The watered down shit on cartoon network had me hating the series so hard. They dont even play the full sound effects in the English dub! Some of the most badass noises too 'THWAT THWAT THWAT PHSHING!!!!!!!!'

Japanese subbed, DBZ is one of the best animes ever, don't care what anyone says. Fuck the haters.
    "Third Strike just has that flow which somehow alienates you from your surroundings and really plugs your brain into the match your playing and your able to comprehend so many different situations and mind games and mixups in such a limited amount of time and all this without even thinking" - Nubilous

"[3rd Strike] makes you feel like the character is an extension of yourself when you get good enough." - AzureWolf

"Street Fighter is now like The Simpsons. It's been bad longer than it's been good." -ParryAll
  • m121akumam121akuma Power to Tearer Joined: Posts: 1,993
    snip
    "The balls in my other pants pocket make a bit of difference guys!"
    Me: You want a new console game? That's nice. Here's a new arcade version. Keep those petitions coming, we need more toilet paper
    FurryCurry: lol. make that your srk sig.
    Me: Done and done
  • AkumaTXAkumaTX Joined: Posts: 3,875
    Name me one anime made with the intent to be international.

Pokemon
  • BBCampbellBBCampbell Busy bein' DELICIOUS Joined: Posts: 514
    Pokemon

Nope, there are still some very oblique references to Japanese culture. Like Brock eating those rice ball thingies in one ep (the dub called them "donuts").
    Chun-Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his life. You had him shot as you ran away... a hero at a thousand paces.
    Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it. For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.
    For me... It was Tuesday...
  • SoupyShoeSoupyShoe Check your training wheels at the door Joined: Posts: 1,490
    Nope, there are still some very oblique references to Japanese culture. Like Brock eating those rice ball thingies in one ep (the dub called them "donuts").
    I guess thats why its called anime.
    PSN ID- SoupyShoe

Xbox Live Gamertag- SoupyShoe SRK

THIRD STRIKE ONLINE- MARSHMALLOW RYU ALL DAY

PLEASE RELEASE CVS2 ON XBL/PSN MARKETPLACE :wasted:
  • TrunksSS3TrunksSS3 S3ntinel DestroysALL Joined: Posts: 312
    I have both Budokai 2 and 3's full (4-5 minute) intro songs from the soundtrack cd. I can post a link if you want...

yeah sure thanks =]
    Member of -=Team Decepticons=-

PSN Gamertag - S3ntinel2001
    XBL MvC2 Gamertag - Potter2010
    U think you can stop me?..... just try to!
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,449 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The watered down shit on cartoon network had me hating the series so hard. They dont even play the full sound effects in the English dub! Some of the most badass noises too 'THWAT THWAT THWAT PHSHING!!!!!!!!'

Japanese subbed, DBZ is one of the best animes ever, don't care what anyone says. Fuck the haters.

I'v said it before, I'll say it again: the dubbed dbz fights sound like 2 guys fucking. Not just cartoon network. It was universal for the english dub.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    For the most part I think it's just whatever you saw first. I see YouTube comments from people who've only watched the Cartoon Network version, and they think the Ocean dub sucks, whereas some people think the exact opposite.
  • WasFemtoWasFemto Graphics Whore Joined: Posts: 2,388
    I take it the new releases from Funi are the real deal(finally).

Been wanting to check this shit out for awhile. Funny I never kept tabs on this series, but I know everything that's gonna happen after skimming through the first two pages.
    Hyper Chinese Skinheads Force ... ?
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The fan art from other known artists was interesting....and surprisingly, the picture by the One Piece artist was actually good!? We dipped into Bizzaro World for a second there....because One Piece is ugly as a pig's ass...maybe the manga itself is better visually, but I already doubt that. Yeah, I can't resist the cheap shot at One Piece....I always have to take the opportunity.

It's interesting how the massive hate died down once DBZ stopped being the most popular anime in the U.S....back in the old SRK days....DBZ was like Halo. One mention of it...just in passing....that would result in the next 17 people chiming in about how much DBZ(the dub of course, because everything from Japan is a flawless, blessed gift from God Himself, ya know.) sucks. Now, a DBZ thread only gets a few hateful comments.

The next mega popular show, Naruto---I'm genuinely surprised that the hate bandwagon there is so weak and small. I thought surely at least 80% of the folks from the old Naruto threads would go on constant hilarious tirades about how it sucks now because it happened to make it to U.S. television.....I'm actually rather disappointed in the lack of otaku-fanboy hatred.

*I'm mostly getting the DBZ dvds for these key moments: Zarbon vs. Vegeta, the entire Saiyan Saga from when Nappa and Vegeta arrive on earth...and the battle with Freeza. These were the best moments of the show for me.

"...clear that garbage OFF the battlefield." :rofl: It still gets me.
  • MrQuotesMrQuotes WOLFFYYYYY!!! Joined: Posts: 2,025
    Goku vs Vegeta 2 still my favorite fight of the show..
    vegeta arose into a level of beasting i never thought possible for a cartoon character
    i distinctly remember me screaming "O NO HE DIDNT JUST SLAP AROUND GOKU"
    twitter.com/quotesdeezy
    facebook.com/mrquotes
    BWAHAHAHA!!!
    :eek:-x--<
  • DanSCDanSC Joined: Posts: 606
    The fan art from other known artists was interesting....and surprisingly, the picture by the One Piece artist was actually good!? We dipped into Bizzaro World for a second there....because One Piece is ugly as a pig's ass...maybe the manga itself is better visually, but I already doubt that. Yeah, I can't resist the cheap shot at One Piece....I always have to take the opportunity.

It's interesting how the massive hate died down once DBZ stopped being the most popular anime in the U.S....back in the old SRK days....DBZ was like Halo. One mention of it...just in passing....that would result in the next 17 people chiming in about how much DBZ(the dub of course, because everything from Japan is a flawless, blessed gift from God Himself, ya know.) sucks. Now, a DBZ thread only gets a few hateful comments.

The next mega popular show, Naruto---I'm genuinely surprised that the hate bandwagon there is so weak and small. I thought surely at least 80% of the folks from the old Naruto threads would go on constant hilarious tirades about how it sucks now because it happened to make it to U.S. television.....I'm actually rather disappointed in the lack of otaku-fanboy hatred.

*I'm mostly getting the DBZ dvds for these key moments: Zarbon vs. Vegeta, the entire Saiyan Saga from when Nappa and Vegeta arrive on earth...and the battle with Freeza. These were the best moments of the show for me.

i always thought one piece drawing is sucks..
  • v1yv1y Joined: Posts: 146
    How many DBZ characters does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Just one, but it takes 3 episodes.
  • dev1antdev1ant Hates QD PRN Joined: Posts: 530
    Goku vs Vegeta 2 still my favorite fight of the show..
    vegeta arose into a level of beasting i never thought possible for a cartoon character
    i distinctly remember me screaming "O NO HE DIDNT JUST SLAP AROUND GOKU"

Too bad Goku was holding back the whole time or it would've been GG for Vegeta.
    "I've Killed 2 stones with one bird" - My Dad
    Drum & Bass for LIFE
  • WasFemtoWasFemto Graphics Whore Joined: Posts: 2,388
    The art in One Piece is ill, I don't know what you guys are looking at.

Haven't seen the anime.
    Hyper Chinese Skinheads Force ... ?
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460

The one thing i like about Naruto is that everyone has the opportunity to beast on someone at some point. When i look back at DBZ Tien,Yamcha,Krillian,and Piccolo kinda fell to the wasteside while Goku was the one that saved the day which is fine but it kinda sucks to me.
    When i watch Naruto and see someone like Neiji or Shikamaru fightin the Sound Four its interesting to watch cause i know obviously Naruto isn't gonna jump in and save the day like Goku and plus u get to see some potential in alot of the side characters.
    Plus i actually like the Naruto dub alot. Gotta love Steven Blum as Orochimaru.
  • The Green Trench CoatThe Green Trench Coat Srk's Original Gay Bear Joined: Posts: 1,839
    Cell>All DBZ villains.

Super Buu and Dabura are exceptions though...

I say this all the time.

Kid Buu > all dbz villans .. ever.

why?
    when kid buu showed up.. he didn't talk .. he just blew up the planet. Then got bored and started beating up people in heaven.

every.. EVERY other villain in dbz had there ultimatums and there plans and wanted to see how strong there opponents are. Kid Buu didn't talk he didn't care he just blew up the planet and kept it moving.

Best fight?
    SSj4 goku vs baby (gt)
    Piccolo vs 17 (Z)
    I don't really have a favorite for db.
    The GTC:
    "Gay as a picnic basket. I wish some smarter than average bears would eat me."
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,039 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The art in One Piece is ill, I don't know what you guys are looking at.

Haven't seen the anime.

animes fight scenes in the past few years have been awesome. very above par of dbz..but only because dbz ended a long time ago and one piece clearly took pages from them..so did naruto.

their only good fights because of dbz.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • tempesttempest walking death Joined: Posts: 298

yea for whatever reason toei animation is still cheap when producing there shows like one piece hence with the ugly designs,but honesty i enjoy more then naurto,and dbz.

man does not control his fate but he can fight againest it
  • MrQuotesMrQuotes WOLFFYYYYY!!! Joined: Posts: 2,025
    Too bad Goku was holding back the whole time or it would've been GG for Vegeta.

true enough, that whole fucking fight got nerfed cause they decided to make goku even more broken
    twitter.com/quotesdeezy
    facebook.com/mrquotes
    BWAHAHAHA!!!
    :eek:-x--<
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    true enough, that whole fucking fight got nerfed cause they decided to make goku even more broken
    ^all because Akira Toriyama is an asshole, pretty much. That was really a douchebag way to write things.
    I find it funny that people run up to Chris Sabat at conventions, asking him to say "IT'S OVER 9000!!!" when it wasn't even him who originally said it.
    -RIP Mom (1954-2013), you were my greatest inspiration and source of encouragement.
    Did anybody see the One Piece/DBZ teamup anime? That shit was cool.

Oh, and here:

Ore Wa Tokoton Tomaranai

Kusuburu Hearto Ni Hi Wo Tsukero
  • Dios <-X->Dios <-X-> Game Over Joined: Posts: 6,732 mod
    does anyone know where i can watch/buy the original Dragon Ball And especially, Dragonball Z Episodes before any type of redub was made to them? i only like the original OG voice actors, imo they were the best, the new voices for vegeta and gohan ,e ct are piss fucking poor, that goes double for piccolo.

anyway, know where i can find it? im sure they can be found with uncut footage too somewhere.
    [Originally posted by OrangeCat
    I have a sort of dilmma at this point of time.
    Right now, one of my best friends is fat. Not cute fat but he borders on being pig fat. He doesn't waddle, but he has the formings of fat tits forming.

Originally posted by MrWizard
    The site was down due to the forum being too big.

Ken Is So Top Tier. Just imagine Ken, with the Ben Stein Assist!!!
    Here is what would happen to any contestant that challenges. Low Short, Low Short, Call Ben Stein, Launch into Air Combo, End it with the special move, Trivial PUNCH, (roundhouse version) Super cancel into (FINAL JEOPARDYYYY!!!!!!) Thats already like 70% not to mention you can DHC into Alex Treebek's DAILY DOUBLE DEVASTATION Super. The Insanity!!!
    Re: best fights
    I don't have any DBZ DVDs, but I do have the last volume of Dragon Ball. Really nice fight at the end between Piccolo and Goku
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Dragon-Ball-Piccolo-Jr-Saga-Part-2-2003-DVD_W0QQitemZ320123550895QQihZ011QQcategoryZ617QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know if any of that stuff is on YouTube.

edit: well, there's a few AMVs, and the

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Saga-Goku-Boxed/dp/B00004Y7DX/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-2002161-5407631?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1181165025&sr=1-1
    The OG Dragon Ball dub?
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Guess I'm the only one who enjoyed the Bardock movie. . . . even if Akira Toriyama didn't make it. . .
    At what point does Young goku turn into older adult goku when he marries chi chi, and before DBZ is made? that was part of the DragonBALL arc right? how many episodes was dragonball anyway before dragonball Z was made?

I would love to see the original Dub or DB and then DBZ if possible.... also, does anyone know if they are dubbed, is DB AND DBZ unedited and uncensored? if not, can i get the next best thing and find it subbed? but thats a last resort kind of thing. i just want to see them in order and uncut, original dub, or at least, subbed. anywhere i can watch them online / buy them for cheap?
    Right now, one of my best friends is fat. Not cute fat but he borders on being pig fat. He doesn't waddle, but he has the formings of fat tits forming.

Here is what would happen to any contestant that challenges. Low Short, Low Short, Call Ben Stein, Launch into Air Combo, End it with the special move, Trivial PUNCH, (roundhouse version) Super cancel into (FINAL JEOPARDYYYY!!!!!!) Thats already like 70% not to mention you can DHC into Alex Treebek's DAILY DOUBLE DEVASTATION Super. The Insanity!!!
    Guess I'm the only one who enjoyed the Bardock movie. . . . even if Akira Toriyama didn't make it. . .

Yeah, but Toriyama did have a large hand in its creation. In fact, he made it canon by drawing Frieza have a two-panel flashback about a Saiyan (Bardock) who had the balls to oppose him.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Yeah, but Toriyama did have a large hand in its creation. In fact, he made it canon by drawing Frieza have a two-panel flashback about a Saiyan (Bardock) who had the balls to oppose him.

Oh yeah how'd I forget about that. . . .wasn't that the only one one he ever did that for. . .?
  • FallingEdgeFallingEdge Unblockable elbow Joined: Posts: 3,302
    At what point does Young goku turn into older adult goku when he marries chi chi, and before DBZ is made? that was part of the DragonBALL arc right? how many episodes was dragonball anyway before dragonball Z was made?

I would love to see the original Dub or DB and then DBZ if possible.... also, does anyone know if they are dubbed, is DB AND DBZ unedited and uncensored? if not, can i get the next best thing and find it subbed? but thats a last resort kind of thing. i just want to see them in order and uncut, original dub, or at least, subbed. anywhere i can watch them online / buy them for cheap?

They re-released DVDs for season 1 and 2. You should check it out.
    Microphone checka, swingin' sword lecture
    Closin' down the sector, supreme neck protector

Extra Fresh League - Colorado fighting game scene
    http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/
    http://twitter.com/fallingedge
    Oh yeah how'd I forget about that. . . .wasn't that the only one one he ever did that for. . .?

During the Android Saga, he also did a short manga version of 'History of Trunks,' where Trunks was already a Super Saiyan and I believe Gohan was missing his arm, as well. Gohan dies much like in the animated version, but obviously, his death didn't trigger Trunks's first SS transformation, because he was already one.

*EDIT* That OP/DBZ crossover was originally aired in Japan, aboard the Going Merry replica, which features souvenir shops and, of course a theater. Heh, even Goku couldn't lay a hand on Enel, which shows how broken Logia Devil Fruit users are (unless you find their weakness).
    They re-released DVDs for season 1 and 2. You should check it out.

I saw them in stores already, with season 2 having vegeta on the cover? ive heard the new dubbing in those dvds, i hated it. Is there any way to watch those uncut with the original first dubbing? if not, does anyone know where all the episodes are with the Og dubs? uncut or not.

Goku gets older by the end of DB and marries Chi Chi at the end of the series- there's some filler episodes at the end before DBZ starts of some adventures they have, or something. Dragon Ball was like 160-something (?) eidpsodes.

DB DVDs I have seem pretty much censored, though the dub has some censorship/dialogue changes...you could just put on the subtitles, though. DBZ had an uncut DVD version release, though I don't know if that's the same as the more recent full-season DVD releases.

edit: ah, nevermind. If you're looking for uncut + OG voices, I think you're SOL.
    Goku gets older by the end of DB and marries Chi Chi at the end of the series- there's some filler episodes at the end before DBZ starts of some adventures they have, or something. Dragon Ball was like 160-something (?) eidpsodes.
    Right. Goku is 16 or so when he marries Chi Chi, and 21 or so when he brings Gohan to visit Kame House. DB is 168 episodes, if memory serves, and DBZ is 291.
    I find it funny that people run up to Chris Sabat at conventions, asking him to say "IT'S OVER 9000!!!" when it wasn't even him who originally said it.
    Ryo Horikawa will always be Vegeta, but I have a soft spot for Brian Drummond. He was fucking weird.

"Shucks... Moby Dick."
    Rhio, remember when I mentioned that Trunks had a special theme for his first Super Saiyan transformation in the last DBZ thread that was made? Well, I found a clip from the Spanish version where you can hear it! I believe the name of the song is 'Battle Power Unlimited' and it starts at 2:17.

I've looked everywhere for that damn song and I can't find it!
    Rhio, remember when I mentioned that Trunks had a special theme for his first Super Saiyan transformation in the last DBZ thread that was made? Well, I found a clip from the Spanish version where you can hear it! I believe the name of the song is 'Battle Power Unlimited' and it starts at 2:17.

I've looked everywhere for that damn song and I can't find it!

Okay, a name! Finally, I have something to go on...let's see...uh, I have "Battle POINT Unlimited" in my dbz folder. Here you go.
    Okay, a name! Finally, I have something to go on...let's see...uh, I have "Battle POINT Unlimited" in my dbz folder. Here you go.

You kick ass, for hooking me up! I LOVE the '80s synth-rock in this one and it worked very well with the scene in the anime!
    No prob. *nice guy pose* :tup: :wgrin:
  • AzraelAzrael Epic Calling! Joined: Posts: 3,258
    It's the last arc of DB, the Ma Junior Saga.

Goku barely defeats Piccolo Daimao, who spits out an egg offspring before exploding. Goku goes to Kami's Lookout to train, at which point he's still a kid. There are a few "everybody's training" episodes, then they jump 3 years into the future for the Tenkaichi Budokai.

All the DB cast has assembled - Roshi, Bulma, Tenshinhan and Chaozu, and Yamucha (who now has his face scars, but its not explained how or why). Everyone is worried that Goku won't make it by the deadline. Then some little girl loses her balloon, and Bulma is trying to grab it out of a tree until Goku (who is now in adult form) grabs it for her. Everyone is like "Who the hell are you?" (Goku is wearing a turban and some funky clothes), and Goku's just like "It's me guys!" Then he takes off the turban, and everyone's like "Wait...Goku?? ...WHAT THE FU-!"

After the tournament ends, Goku runs off with Chi Chi, and there's a filler arc where the two of them have to rescue The Ox King and Chi Chi's Wedding Dress from Fire Mountain. They do so, get married, and that leads into DBZ.

Torem_Kamina:

Definitely need to work that EX Tatsu wake-up into my gameplan. Sacrificing damage and stun meter for psychological damage. That's some next level shit right there.

It's the last arc of DB, the Ma Junior Saga.

Goku barely defeats Piccolo Daimao, who spits out an egg offspring before exploding. Goku goes to Kami's Lookout to train, at which point he's still a kid. There are a few "everybody's training" episodes, then they jump 3 years into the future for the Tenkaichi Budokai.

All the DB cast has assembled - Roshi, Bulma, Tenshinhan and Chaozu, and Yamucha (who now has his face scars, but its not explained how or why). Everyone is worried that Goku won't make it by the deadline. Then some little girl loses her balloon, and Bulma is trying to grab it out of a tree until Goku (who is now in adult form) grabs it for her. Everyone is like "Who the hell are you?" (Goku is wearing a turban and some funky clothes), and Goku's just like "It's me guys!" Then he takes off the turban, and everyone's like "Wait...Goku?? ...WHAT THE FU-!"

After the tournament ends, Goku runs off with Chi Chi, and there's a filler arc where the two of them have to rescue The Ox King and Chi Chi's Wedding Dress from Fire Mountain. They do so, get married, and that leads into DBZ.

Goku vs. Majunior was one of the best battles in anything Dragonball! I wish people actually cared about sharing more DB eps, rather than just DBZ or DBGT!

*EDIT* Is that Bobby Brown in you av, dude?
  • SoupyShoeSoupyShoe Check your training wheels at the door Joined: Posts: 1,490
    Can someone give me a good explaination of the cell android saga?
    I'm still confused after 5 years.
    PSN ID- SoupyShoe

• DanSCDanSC Joined: Posts: 606
    i like the fight between krillin, goku vs general blue under the sea cave..its funny
  • AzraelAzrael Epic Calling! Joined: Posts: 3,258
    Can someone give me a good explaination of the cell android saga?
    I'm still confused after 5 years.
    What specifically are you confused about?

Torem_Kamina:

Definitely need to work that EX Tatsu wake-up into my gameplan. Sacrificing damage and stun meter for psychological damage. That's some next level shit right there.

What specifically are you confused about?
    extra androids, how are there two time machines,
    PSN ID- SoupyShoe

• AlzarathAlzarath Remember, salt is part of a balanced diet. Joined: Posts: 3,536
    extra androids, how are there two time machines,

Iirc:

A)Androids-
    #19 and 20 don't exist in Trunks' time, that's why he was all surprised @ the extra androids. (The future was altered by his going back in time to warn Goku and co.)

B)Time Machines-
    Trunks in the Cell Saga = from Future Timeline A; took the time machine to help the z-senshi, blah blah blah.

Cell = from Future Timeline B; killededed Trunks in this timeline, then jacked the machine to go back into the past b4 the Trunks of Timeline A came along.

That's about the gist of it, I think.
    "For the amount of new players who play FGs, you won’t see nearly enough new talent in top 8s. This is because too many people are bitches." - Aris

PSN: not_alzarath (East Coast) | @AlzarathEX
    hot damn
    PSN ID- SoupyShoe

• ShukudaShukuda Joined: Posts: 218
    Weeeeeeeee. I just did a run through Android Saga to the end of the Majin Buu saga. I had to forward through those fight scenes but it still took a while. I may have to buy the DBZ sagas afterall.

Fight between Piccolo and Android 17 definitely wins it all!

Now back to DB...
    Nagis-Nida-Cago-Basa-Niughtmae-Pryesu!
    The proper translation is "Battle Power Infinity."

(Sentou Ryoku="Battle Power," or "Power Level" in the American nomenclature.)

P.S. I also DLed. Hope you don't mind. Good piece of music.