Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,560
    Piccolo was scared shitless of a weak ass Kaioshin, who is in between SSJ and SSj2 tiers. South Kaioshin was said to be around the strongest so it's a pretty safe assumption that he was stronger then Piccolo.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,247
    Piccolo was scared shitless of a weak ass Kaioshin, who is in between SSJ and SSj2 tiers. South Kaioshin was said to be around the strongest so it's a pretty safe assumption that he was stronger then Piccolo.

Piccolo's apprehension was due to who Kaioshin was, not his power level.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,404

remember that piccolo has kame's memories now as well. he's fully aware of who all the kais are
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil

Piccolo's apprehension was due to who Kaioshin was, not his power level.

True, I forgot about that, but it doesn't really matter too much. Kaioshin is either stronger or around the same level as him, since Piccolo is either weaker, or at best, at the level of the weaker SSjs at the time.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    HE WAS WEAKER SCRUB.

Sorry I didn't mean to be rude.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,474
    Ki Shima wrote: »
    Nah, he was actually weaker. That's the one absorption that fucked Boo up the most. He had to keep getting angry to increase his power, and he eventually hit a limit and created Evil Boo. In terms of most powerful Boo to weakest, it looks like this:

Gohan Boo>Gotenks Boo>South Kaioshin Boo>Piccolo Boo>Super Boo>Kid Boo>Fat Boo>Evil Boo>Mr. Boo

this looks right but how do we know that south kai boo was stronger than piccolo boo?

When Boo reverted to Piccolo Boo, Goku laughed and said Piccolo's influence was in there slowing Boo down now that Fusion was over.

When Super Boo started changing into South Kaioshin Boo, Goku started pissing himself at the power increase. Since Piccolo was absorbed for his mind, I just assume the power was like a drop in the bucket.

As for Kaioshin, Piccolo actually said Kaioshin's power was dimensions beyond him. I suppose you can say he lied to Goku and the others, but every source has Kaioshin much stronger than Piccolo.

I'll post all of the info later and let yall decide.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • nikeSBstunna89nikeSBstunna89 WOLVES Joined: Posts: 1,527
    Beerus is a fucking boss. He literally just sits back lets all the lil niggas get their hands dirty cause he knows all he has to do is lift a finger and it would be a wrap.
    Beerus is a fucking boss. He literally just sits back lets all the lil niggas get their hands dirty cause he knows all he has to do is lift a finger and it would be a wrap.

latest?cb=20160105005525
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Although the fight with kid buu was anime filler, you could infer South Kaio was stronger than Piccolo given that a) was able to fight Buu alone (Piccolo woulda turned into a green carpet) and b) he was absorbed (typically happens when fighting someone worthy)
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
    thanks nice read :tup:

whenever dimensions are being referred to in dbz I always think of it as heaven or other dimensions, like when vegeta keeps saying he'll send people to the next dimension. the way tien/piccolo describe dimension of the super saiyans could be both an aknowledgement of power and the fact its a different power that doesn't belong in their realm. through dbz there was still a comparison of power of base forms vs piccolo etc until they go ssj.

well anyway most literary signs in the actual text of dbz itself point towards piccolo acknowledging that supreme kai is someone important in the god realm. remember piccolo is also kami so it can't be a plot hole. not being able to sense beerus shouldn't be as easy since beerus is the god of the whole universe

Ray Kurzweil
    edited July 2016
    Piccolo and Kami are one, but the Godly aspects aren't there. The only time it seemed to be there was when Piccolo was figuring out Kaioshin's identity. Kami could warp from Otherworld to the living world while Kamicollo can't. I don't think Beers' status would make him harder to sense mainly because Goku's just a Saiyan with God Chi and can only be sensed by other Gods.
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Ki Shima wrote: »
    thanks nice read :tup:

whenever dimensions are being referred to in dbz I always think of it as heaven or other dimensions, like when vegeta keeps saying he'll send people to the next dimension. the way tien/piccolo describe dimension of the super saiyans could be both an aknowledgement of power and the fact its a different power that doesn't belong in their realm. through dbz there was still a comparison of power of base forms vs piccolo etc until they go ssj.

well anyway most literary signs in the actual text of dbz itself point towards piccolo acknowledging that supreme kai is someone important in the god realm. remember piccolo is also kami so it can't be a plot hole. not being able to sense beerus shouldn't be as easy since beerus is the god of the whole universe

Adding a bit onto this:
    Goku: “That much, Piccolo?...”
    Piccolo: “Yeah…Our dimensions…are too different…”
    Kuririn: “Yo-you’re kidding, right? Stop joking around! I-I’ve got to fight him next.”

The "dimensions", which can also be translated as "World", is used in DB to indicate a level of power far beyond what the character was previously aware of. Beers uses it as well when fighting SSj God Goku. It's a language kirk used in the series, similar to how "Humans" is used to describe any humanoid being, not just the actual humans from earth.
    RoF is getting an extended edition to tie better into the Trunks arc on the 27th.

There doesn't seem to be any real reason for the retellings to exist it anymore tbh. Really fucking annoying that Toei/Shueisha/TV Fuji rushed Super into production if it's first two arcs are being retconned out instead of just giving the animation team proper pre-production time so this shit isn't a technical mess. Instead of the rough two months of time they had, delaying the release of the series by a another month or two, airing the extended cuts to get audiences up to par, with maybe a recap episode in the beginning, and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,695
    Honestly, complete waste of resources. That manpower should be used to improving episode quality (even tho that has improved tremendously).

Can't say I care about seeing a reanimated Trunks/Freeze fight. The last thing we need is MORE Freeza material, dude has been done to death

"I wake up and piss excellence"
    Yeah, man. Just let Freeza rest. He's my favorite villain by far, but they've whored him out enough already. His story is finished.

I hope that specific part is a pretty minor addition. There is really nothing in there to tie to any more then it already does. Unless more dumb retcons like DB Minus stuff comes.

Cool stuff to add though:
    • Clear cut explanation on how Vegeta got God Ki. It's implied in the ending of BoG that he would do the ritual, but Super ignored that for some Vegeta wanking. If the movies are the main continuity, some tidbits to flesh out this segment would be nice.
    • The scene from Super with Gohan rushing to his family after Whis reverses time.
    • More Freeza and Goku shit talking each other.
    I'd be happy if they actually showed Freeza's training and how he reached Golden.

Super just showed Tagoma getting fucked up by Freeza, with the takeaway being Freeza learning how to "control" his power enough to not kill Goku. I find it hard to believe that's the only training he did. Since Tagoma got killed right off the bat in RoF, Freeza's training would've been vastly different. I'd love to see that above everything else.
    Wasn't it implied to be just regular Ki control? Like, Freeza's actual boost in power wasn't that big. He went from a weak SSJ to stronger then Boo. That's not that much relative to the cast now. It's the Golden Form that's ridiculously overpowered, and since it's his first legit transformation, I just rolled with it.

Vegeta brute forcing his way into sensing Godly Ki from fucking nowhere bothered me far more then that tbh.
    Freeza in his first form was considered to be in another league entirely when he arrived on Earth. Freeza's full-power was 530k in that form during the Namek saga, and he said he felt weaker after being revived. We never saw him fight, but we saw him easily kill Piccolo and finger beam Gohan with no effort. He was way stronger than everyone that wasn't Goku or Vegeta. His 100% full-power against Super Saiyan Goku was 120 million on Namek, so Freeza in his weakest form was way above that. That's well above a 200 fold increase at the very minimum without considering his transformations.

In his Final Form, he was (in Super, since he got his ass dusted by Goku in the movie) equal with Base Godku. This is Goku after absorbing the Super Saiyan God Power and training with Whis. At the bare minimum, Freeza is far above Super Vegito in this form.

Once you factor in Golden Freeza, he's above Super Saiyan Blue, which is well above Super Saiyan God.

Even if you look at it conservatively, Freeza got way over 1000x more powerful in 4 months.

• jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    HD-Man wrote: »
    Honestly, complete waste of resources. That manpower should be used to improving episode quality (even tho that has improved tremendously).

Can't say I care about seeing a reanimated Trunks/Freeze fight. The last thing we need is MORE Freeza material, dude has been done to death

Frieza is life.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
    edited July 2016
    Return of Cell *spoilers*:
    "Many years have passed since the battle with Beerus the God of Destruction and Freeza. In an isolated cavern somewhere to the far west, a room can be seen. There's a tube with a rather large life-form inside. This being is "Flawless" Cell. No one was aware that Gero had another Cell in development in case the first one ended up being unsuccessful. The last Cell proved to be a fearsome foe, but was eventually defeated by Gohan. Krillin and the Trunks from the future were able to neutralize the Cell of the present time while in development.

This time around, Dr. Gero's improved spy robots were able to extract various samples from Majin Boo, Gotenks, Jaco, Tagoma, Golden Freeza, Super Saiyan God Goku, Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta, Beerus, and Whis. With the overwhelming amount of power and potential from these beings, the new Flawless Cell will prove to be an enemy far beyond their imagination. Will Goku be able to stop Cell this time? Or is the Earth doomed?"
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,695
    Lol please don't give Toei ideas. We don't need a Return of C Saga

"I wake up and piss excellence"
    I **REALLY** hope that is not true...
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
    Don't worry. I made that up on the whim :sunglasses: I doubt they'll ever bring Cell back.
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,178
    "Many years have passed since the battle with Beerus the God of Destruction and Freeza. In an isolated cavern somewhere to the far west, a room can be seen. There's a tube with a rather large life-form inside. This being is "Flawless" Cell. No one was aware that Gero had another Cell in development in case the first one ended up being unsuccessful. The last Cell proved to be a fearsome foe, but was eventually defeated by Gohan. Krillin and the Trunks from the future were able to neutralize the Cell of the present time while in development.

This time around, Dr. Gero's improved spy robots were able to extract various samples from Majin Boo, Gotenks, Jaco, Tagoma, Golden Freeza, Super Saiyan God Goku, Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta, Beerus, and Whis. With the overwhelming amount of power and potential from these beings, the new Flawless Cell will prove to be an enemy far beyond their imagination. Will Goku be able to stop Cell this time? Or is the Earth doomed?"

GIF-confused-Harrison-Ford-OMG-shocked-surprised-WTF-GIF.gif
    I believed everything until I read Jaco...then I stopped....you almost had me because you the plug on info, well done...
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent
    Lol, I was gonna say Cell gained Jaco's perfect vision as his new ability.

I had a random question for everyone: does anyone believe Freeza's race were similar to Nameks in how they reproduced? We know next to nothing about them. I ask because looking at what AT said here:

"Freeza is what you might call a mutated life-form. Strictly speaking, Freeza’s father is a mutant with an abnormally high battle power. And, born from his father alone, still in strong possession of the mutant traits, was Freeza.

Accordingly, even saying “Freeza’s race”, these two are the only ones who possess an abnormal [level of] battle power and cruelty."

Now the translator notes say:

"It is unclear whether Toriyama means Freeza was born from only one parent, or emphasizing that only Cold carried these traits."

Now the manga has him saying:

180?cb=20150113082304

So really not sure. Just wondering what others think.
    I think Freeza is his own mother

Ray Kurzweil
    Since Tagoma got killed right off the bat in RoF, Freeza's training would've been vastly different. I'd love to see that above everything else.

tumblr_miceas1mbA1r72ht7o1_500.gif

Ray Kurzweil
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,095
    edited July 2016

You were trying too hard with claims of the robots taking "samples" of Majin Buu, Beerus, and Whis. Yeah, no.

At least this would be interesting in that, it would be a new character and not the Cell we know.

Freeza in his first form was considered to be in another league entirely when he arrived on Earth. Freeza's full-power was 530k in that form during the Namek saga, and he said he felt weaker after being revived. We never saw him fight, but we saw him easily kill Piccolo and finger beam Gohan with no effort. He was way stronger than everyone that wasn't Goku or Vegeta.

"Not really much of a milestone anymore"- TFS Piccalow, Episode 44

lol. Especially you mention him easily beating Gohan.
    Post edited by AlphaCharlie on
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,095
    edited July 2016
    DBL post.
    Freeza in his first form was considered to be in another league entirely when he arrived on Earth. Freeza's full-power was 530k in that form during the Namek saga, and he said he felt weaker after being revived. We never saw him fight, but we saw him easily kill Piccolo and finger beam Gohan with no effort. He was way stronger than everyone that wasn't Goku or Vegeta. His 100% full-power against Super Saiyan Goku was 120 million on Namek, so Freeza in his weakest form was way above that. That's well above a 200 fold increase at the very minimum without considering his transformations.

In his Final Form, he was (in Super, since he got his ass dusted by Goku in the movie) equal with Base Godku. This is Goku after absorbing the Super Saiyan God Power and training with Whis. At the bare minimum, Freeza is far above Super Vegito in this form.

Once you factor in Golden Freeza, he's above Super Saiyan Blue, which is well above Super Saiyan God.

Even if you look at it conservatively, Freeza got way over 1000x more powerful in 4 months.

Still nowhere near as ridiculous as Goku getting 18750x more powerful in a week.
    or Gohan going from maaaybe Freezer 3rd form (way below SSJ) to SSJ2 (aka raped Cell) in 8-9 months
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,512
    Then after that, the return of B.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,512

You forgot to say "NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL ZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!"
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,405
    In response to Flawless Cell, all the Super Saiyans and Pan would learn a new group Fusion Dance.

In my head, at least
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,371
    I'd have Flawless Cell be on the verge of winning, but he destroys Beerus' pudding cup, and catches a righteous ass-whooping from an enraged Beerus.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Wasted wrote: »
    In response to Flawless Cell, all the Super Saiyans and Pan would learn a new group Fusion Dance.

In my head, at least

Gunketan?

Pegorunks?

Tagetkon?

Still nowhere near as ridiculous as Goku getting 18750x more powerful in a week.

When you factor in the 9 zenkai's he got along with the Super Saiyan transformation, it doesn't seem all that bad. It's funny how acquiring 2 Super Saiyan transformations in 7 yrs actually seems lesser when going by numbers.

Piccolo going from 2k to reaching a level Nail considered "unbelievably incredible" in six days on Kaio's is actually ridiculous because it seems impossible. Since 42k Nail thought Piccolo was so incredible, that pretty much implies Piccolo is way above him. He's already sensed Freeza and the Ginyu Force, so he knows what's incredible.

Now that I think about it, 1000x is way too low unless you think they're barely over a billion by the Cell Games. Based on the statements, Freeza in his weakest form changed to the point where he wasn't recognizable, and it's stated that no one outside of Goku and Vegeta could stop him. That includes Gotenks and Mr. Boo. Since Freeza was weaker upon revival, he'd be less than 530k before training.

If you're super conservative and give Cell a billion max, that's already a 2000x increase in his weakest form. Goku took note of his change even before he transformed:
    Goku: “I guess you really have reached a whole new level. But I’ve gotten stronger too. Didn’t you think of that?”

Freeza transformed into his Final Form:
    Vegeta: “…Wha…?!”
    Goku: “…Just what the hell kind of training did you do…!?”

After that, it's pretty hard to look at it from a numbers standpoint because there's nothing concrete to go by. The SEG has Super Saiyan 3 as a 400x increase from Base, and it says Vegito was Goku's power X Vegeta's power. That makes it impossible to really gauge Freeza.

I'll just say going from a level weaker than 530k to a form surpassing Super Saiyan Blue is the most ridiculous power-up in the series. His gains in his first form were already crazy, but combining his 2 transformations along with it makes it even more dumb good. If he trained instead of trying to utilize his Mecha power-up, he would've melted Trunks and Goku to ashes in a second.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file