Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 7,020
    edited July 2016
    locoghoul wrote: »
    He said based on what? An ill Goku fighting an android?

Considering Piccolo is the one that told Tien and everyone else that Goku's true power was far greater than what he showed against #19, it'd be nonsensical for him to be comparing Vegeta to an impaired Goku. Piccolo trained with Goku for 3 yrs and saw his power. If he says Vegeta appears to be stronger than Goku, then it means he most likely is. Why would Piccolo lie?
    Piccolo: “He really had lost a lot of stamina…when he confirmed that the androids sucked out energy with the palms of their hands…He ought to have lost if he had fought that No.20 guy…But he talked as if he still had something up his sleeve…Vegeta really is a fighting genius…He might have sur-surpassed…Goku…”

Piccolo: “…But…It seems that Vegeta really has obtained power surpassing Goku now that he’s become a Super Saiyan…He just might be able to take care of them like he says…”

Goku: “Don’t worry…I won’t fight them yet…After all, if even Vegeta couldn’t beat them as he is now, then I can’t beat them either…”

They're equals or Vegeta is stronger. There's nothing remotely implying Goku is stronger in the Android saga with or without the heart virus.
    Vegeta himself says some bs explanation on how he *should* be stronger and it was based on he is the saiyan prince...

Yeah, that's what Vegeta said. The guy who isn't bias said Vegeta appeared to be stronger than Goku. You can believe he's telling a lie if you choose, but it's still stated.
    Please elaborate where Vegeta surpassed Goku cause saiyan saga Goku>Vegeta

Oozaru Vegeta>>>>>>>>>>Kaio-Ken Goku. Goku could no longer move when he was done getting his ass crushed by Oozaru Vegeta. He's weaker.
    Freezer saga Goku>Vegeta

When Goku arrived on Namek, Goku>Vegeta

When Vegeta got a zenkai after fighting Reacoom, Vegeta>Goku. Vegeta tussled with Freeza while Goku got put in a full-nelson by Ginyu and considered him too powerful to fight without Kaio-Ken.

After healing, Goku>Vegeta.
    Cell saga rofl Goku>>>Vegeta (the fact Vegeta took two days at ROSAT and Goku barely trained 22 h and surpassed him is hilarious) and ofc Buu saga Goku>>>>>>>>>>Vegeta (even with Majin boost mind you). The only possible scenario where Vegeta was stronger was perhaps when he came out of ROSAT with Trunks just before Goku went in with Gohan. Other than that you are just talking speculation

Goku was indeed stronger than Vegeta during the Cell/Boo saga. No one's disputing that Goku has had the upper-hand throughout the series. I'm just saying he wasn't always weaker than Goku. I've shown examples where he wasn't.

Also, Goku said Vegeta might be the stronger of the two after his training with Whis:
    Goku: "Amazing, Vegeta! I can't believe how much stronger you've grown! You might already be even stronger than I am! Your ki has a completely different quality to it than back when you were on Earth."

Vegeta did that in 6 months without a ritual to reach God level.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,801
    Goku is known to praise his buddies and to never look down on anyone. He told Piccolo he had turn really strong after RoSaT, he told base Freezer the same during F arc, and he told the same to Majin Buu during his first encounter even though later he says he woulda won. When it comes to comparing his own strength, Goku always makes it look like he is the underdog, as opposed to Vegeta who would always think he is the one with the upper hand.

Also there is no way Piccolo knows Goku's max from training. Goku never even lets ppl get a hint on how powerful he is during training. Happened on the android training with Piccolo and Gohan, happened during RoSaT training with Gohan and happened during Super before the universe tourney. Goku and Vegeta trained together and Vegeta couldn't tell what Goku's max was. Also no shit Oozaru beats a non Oozaru, it's a power up. Is like saying SSJ Goku > base Vegeta. Both in base showed who was stronger
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
    Goku is never shown to look down on anyone? Let's look at what he says to Vegeta right after he exited the rosat:
    Vegeta: “Well, well…So even the great Kakarot admits defeat against the rigors of that room…”

Goku: “Maybe…But pointlessly toughening up my body more than this is just torture, not training. But I won’t object if you guys enter that room again. It looks like you still have room left to toughen up more.”

Vegeta: “What was that…? I don’t like that…The way you said that made it sound like you’re saying that your true ability is greater than mine…”
    Goku: “Yeah, a whole lot greater, I think.”

Told Vegeta straight to his face that he was way stronger than him. Goku ain't that humble.

That's not true. Piccolo and Gohan are able to deduce that Goku's full-power as a Super Saiyan against #19 was rather weak compared to what they know. If these two can quickly pick up on the fact that Goku's full-power is way greater than what he was showing, it means they know how strong he should be. Goku has no reason to hide his power from them anyway. Goku was using Super Saiyan as his Base when he left the rosat, so he was highly suppressed. None of them could even sense his power until he showed Karin 50% of his power.

Lol, come on. Vegeta straight up beat the shit outta Goku in Base. Vegeta was 18k and Goku was 8k when they fought. He had to surpass Vegeta with a Kaio-Ken x3 because his regular Kaio-Ken wasn't strong enough. If you're going to say Oozaru doesn't count, then let's eliminate the Kaio-Ken because that damn sure ain't Goku's Base level.

Oozaru raises the Saiyan's power by 10x and Goku was able to quadruple his power with the Kaio-Ken during the Saiyan saga. Let's take away the Kaio-Ken from Goku and Oozaru from Vegeta. Who wins? Not Goku.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,628
    usually dont like to participate in stupid dbz discussions but humor me...why would broly be weak if he showed up in super? like is he just supposed to appear with the same strength he had in the movies cause thats what you guys want?
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
    Especially how training works in the series lol. If Freezer went from Below SSJ to perhaps above SSJG then Bojack or Broly could be at Whis level with two months of training lol
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Poison To You Joined: Posts: 16,308
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    usually dont like to participate in stupid dbz discussions but humor me...why would broly be weak if he showed up in super? like is he just supposed to appear with the same strength he had in the movies cause thats what you guys want?
    The general agreement is that Broly is around SSJ2 at BEST or inferior to SSJ2 but above ascendant level. Or he might be able to take Cell but not SSJ2 Gohan or revived Perfect Cell. That power level is crap in Super. SSJ3 is worthless. Even SSJB is still beneath Whis, Beerus, and Hit and others.

If Broly came back with the level he had in the movies, he'll only dominate characters like Gohan and Piccolo. Once Vegeta or Goku show up,it's GGPO. Either one of them can OHKO Broly.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,497
    The general agreement is that Broly is around SSJ2 at BEST or inferior to SSJ2 but above ascendant level. Or he might be able to take Cell but not SSJ2 Gohan or revived Perfect Cell. That power level is crap in Super. SSJ3 is worthless. Even SSJB is still beneath Whis, Beerus, and Hit and others.

If Broly came back with the level he had in the movies, he'll only dominate characters like Gohan and Piccolo. Once Vegeta or Goku show up,it's GGPO. Either one of them can OHKO Broly.

Gohan would still demolish him. Base form Gohan was much stronger then Piccolo in RoF. That's low SSJ2 tier at minimum. Weak ass Super Gohan might actually be able to beat Broly in base.

Gotenks also stomps, though he might need SSj. Future Trunks vs Broly might be a match.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
    Broly would definitely need God Power or something ridiculous to be relevant in Super. His level of power isn't even relevant by Boo saga standards.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,260

I think broly is only using ussj1. I think broly's max attack power/durability AT THE MOST is on par with ssj2 gohan. the way they treated ssj2 though was like fighting a god, cell single handedly beat the Z fighters too but when ssj2 turned up it was like a god turned up

ssj2 gohan > broly.

and mystic gohan is so retardedly powerful that he's probably only dropped to ssj2 power level. which is why beerus made fat buu and gohan headbutt eachother (fat buu being ssj2 level)
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    SSJ2 isn't that strong. It's just that Gohan had a rage boost.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.

Why would brolly have the same power level
    CRYING
    Ki Shima wrote: »

I think broly is only using ussj1. I think broly's max attack power/durability AT THE MOST is on par with ssj2 gohan. the way they treated ssj2 though was like fighting a god, cell single handedly beat the Z fighters too but when ssj2 turned up it was like a god turned up

ssj2 gohan > broly.

and mystic gohan is so retardedly powerful that he's probably only dropped to ssj2 power level. which is why beerus made fat buu and gohan headbutt eachother (fat buu being ssj2 level)

Broly's Legendary Super Saiyan form is different than the forms Vegeta and Trunks used.

Even if he came back stronger, he would more than likely still be behind SSJB Goku/Vegeta.

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."

Even if he came back stronger, he would more than likely still be behind SSJB Goku/Vegeta.

thanks akira
    CRYING
    The only real answer is he'd be as strong as the plot demanded him to be. They'd probably say Broly was actually a God himself, but he was too stupid to grasp the power.

The last thing we know about Broly is that he was causing havoc in hell and Goku was ready to go handle him after eating. Presumably as a Super Saiyan 2 because Goku told Janemba he's the 2nd guy to see his Super Saiyan 3 besides Majin Boo.

thanks akira

Anytime Jack Frost. We all know you're useless anyway.

thanks akira

Anytime Jack Frost. We all know you're useless anyway.

Emotional
    CRYING
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,346
    "Broccoli, is that something you eat?"
    We need Muten Roshi God, he kicked ass
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,061

Because he is not more powerful than a SSJ2 or SP Cell
    Those 2 while powerful have been left waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind on the power echelons of DB.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Could of sworn krillin, goten and trunks wasted broly while ssj1 :confused: Broly was a problem way back just before they fought cell there's like a 6 year gap, he's old news, the terror of ssj1. But everyone is stronger by the buu saga. By Super dude probably would have a tough time fighting goten, shit actually he already did have a tough fight against trunks BEFORE the buu saga
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    edited July 2016
    dudes you need to see this gohan vs broly fight. gohan is so chill, this fucking pre supreme kai gohan so fucking chill vs broly lmao legendary super saiyan broly vs base pre buu gohan lmfao too fucking funny

Ray Kurzweil
  • Spinning BeatSpinning Beat Mr. creampie your girl Joined: Posts: 3,973
    Broly>every movie villain.

Broly>every DBZ villain except cell and maybe frieza.

I liked Cooler better.

Especially in Japanese. I don't care if his Japanese voice is the same as Frieza, THAT VOICE IS A GIFT OF GOD!!!!
    The most beautiful rose is cultivated in the blood of those who fall before me.
    SFV: Vega.
    3S:Ibuki, Yang, Ryu
    KOF 98:Kyo/Iori/O.Chris
    I play to learn, because you can't win if you don't know shit.
    July, 16 1991: That's when the beat dropped.
    CFN:weedandwater
    R.I.P Bankroll Fresh
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,346
    So much broly all of a sudden......
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    edited July 2016
    As shit as GT is...

Gohan fans:

1. GT is shit, Gohan is a I love My Little Pony so much it hurts that walks around in glasses.
    2. Super is shit, Gohan is a I love My Little Pony so much it hurts that walks around in glasses.

*10 months later*

3. Aww, at least he got a happy ending.

Just as bad as the Brolytards.

Also, I highly doubt Vegeta was stronger than Goku during Android. Probably slightly behind as usual, but we'll never know. They both got overtaken by a child.
    Also, 18 should have rekt Piccolo. Akira himself said 18 > 17 because 17 doesn't know how to bring out his full power... but it's Akira so that would change in about half an episode.

Tien must be the only Z Fighter to get shafted and not look like a bitch... and Majin Buu conveniently sleeps through everything.

Yamcha doesn't even fight.
    Gohan doesn't even need an explanation.
    Krillin is weaker than his wife.
    Yajirobe not even considered a Z Fighter.
    Chiaotzu, I still haven't found him in Pokemon Go.
    Piccolo asking Frost to hold back, and got his arm ripped off in ROF.
    Kid Trunks biggest feat is cheating to beat Goten.
    Goten...

267757-john-cena-2.jpg

There's Master Roshi also but how often do you see him fight? Although the little fights he has are all badass imo.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
    Where was #18>#17 said? The Android chart says her power was suppressed in comparison to #17's and the Daizenshuu also says she's weaker.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,329
    So much hatred...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    I'll have to dig through when I can be bothered, I posted it waaaaaaaaay back.

He said he intended it to be that way in the Manga, but Akira says one thing and does another so bleh.
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 932
    Pretty sure that Vegeta > Goku during Super, when Whis was training Vegeta while Goku was chilling on Earth.

Getting a disagree for that. Really?

7wyMrom.jpg

xiVUF8P.jpg
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "I love My Little Pony so much it hurts".
    Vegeta is stronger but goku can wipe him out with kaioken. I like this balance

Ray Kurzweil
    Thus making it beginning of DBZ, and everyone referring to Goku as the strongest.

Every flashback is Vegeta salty about the beam struggle, like he didn't break both his legs.
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • LilBarlogLilBarlog Joined: Posts: 97
    edited July 2016
    Getting a disagree for that. Really?

I somewhat interpret that as Vegeta already being familiar with the new Ki while Goku was still trying to get up to speed. It would be major salt to go around if Vegeta had the same weight as Goku and still struggled with the training exercise even with a head start on him training.

But you also can't be like OMG this is so eas for me, you suck balls Kakkarot! When Goku still is supposed to be the main guy.
    To be totally fair, Vegeta implies lifting the weights weren't simply a strength thing:
    Vegeta: "You're too soft, Kakarrot. There's a trick to lifting these up. Watch."

Goku said Vegeta was probably stronger than himself, so we know that they're equal at the very least.

odin wrote: »
    Anyone play Dokkan battle?

Japanese or Global version?
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    odin wrote: »
    Anyone play Dokkan battle?

Japanese or Global version?

GBL. I need to be able to read lol