Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh He rains salty tears Joined: Posts: 8,303
    edited April 16
    Dat SSj Goku vs 17... Boy, was not expecting that in Super.

Fixed.

Seriously though, pretty good fight there. I guess they realized it was worth the resolution from the old Android Arc that Cell hijacked.

Interesting to see the Lookout can fly.......because we needed that I guess. I mean, I get that Goku couldn't Instant Transmission to 17, but is the Lookout really that much faster than Goku flying.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    That casual Uub mention... Super is really great with the continuity nods.

I give that nod 6 Power Poles being sucked up into the Lookout out of 10
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 7,930
    That UFO look out :rofl: Makes something that felt mystical into something creepy :confused:

It's good they're making characters stronger, it means the tournament fights won't be a case of "ah shit, X person needs help from vegeta/goku/gohan/buu" I'm guessing with the androids not being able to lose stamina they can train as much as they like. Android can't reform like Buu but they have intelligence that makes up for it. 17 also mentions he knows more than just the sound of his voice so I think he's hinting that he has most of gokus movements downloaded into his mind by dr gero. He might not be as strong as goku but he could but up a very good fight specifically against him

"The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,309
    AnGoat 17 the strongest mothafucka on Earth training on that Hyperbolic Time Island!

You will respect his gangsta!

GOAT
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • RECESSIONTIMERECESSIONTIME Trumpologist Joined: Posts: 1,225
    17 is a literal cuck.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,309
    Love how during the fight 17 has the "I'm bored" face on
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • RECESSIONTIMERECESSIONTIME Trumpologist Joined: Posts: 1,225
    His character is lame now. At least before he was an asshole that entertained
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 826
    The new uniforms looked better, especially Vegeta's. But you know, can't alienate the fan base who are literally bitching like kids cause Gohan doesn't have a hair bang anymore.
    "Exclusive Zappa Player"

Fuck you

Have that sig for 13 years now and the last time I played GG was like... 12 years ago, LoL! But yes, I'm still an exclusive Zappa player (and Robo-Ky).

Bruh... that Uub foreshadowing. I still hope they change the EoZ retarded ending doe.

Also, Goku can't IT to 17 since the androids don't have any KI for Goku to sense.

Watching the episode, I completely forgot that 17 and Goku never met, LoL!
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "your mother".
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,217

It can be said only assholes would glorify and look up to an asshole.

past 17 is a disgrace, modern 17 is actually a dignified man and the only version that would even comfortably sustain a loving family on top of getting SSGSS strong.

splendid fight/sparring match. very artistic!

as for 17 not caring about the universe's destruction. he already died once, and sees further than mortal life. 17 is probably the only one that is religious enough to consider the afterlife in heaven to be better than mortal life anyways, so its not like they lose anything, just their physical bodies.

the one thing Goku can do to convince 17 is show him the hypocrisy and folly of defending the island and delaying the inevitable for an extinct species, if he already knows what could happen to the universe in less than 2 or 3 days (the tournament is about 40 minutes long). If 17 plans to live and protect the island as his current purpose, then the tournament ties into protecting that island.

its crazy there's still over 24 hours before the tournament, and they still got to recruit Roshi and Tien, should only take 1 episode each. but then.....depending on the pacing, there might be training episodes. boriiiing. the tournament at this rate might not start until June.
    FIGHTING VIPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 778
    That glorious uub teaser. Hope they do him justice this time around.
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 2,976
    affinity wrote: »

past 17 is a disgrace, modern 17 is actually a dignified man and the only version that would even comfortably sustain a loving family on top of getting SSGSS strong.

as for 17 not caring about the universe's destruction. he already died once, and sees further than mortal life. 17 is probably the only one that is religious enough to consider the afterlife in heaven to be better than mortal life anyways, so its not like they lose anything, just their physical bodies.

the one thing Goku can do to convince 17 is show him the hypocrisy and folly of defending the island and delaying the inevitable for an extinct species, if he already knows what could happen to the universe in less than 2 or 3 days (the tournament is about 40 minutes long). If 17 plans to live and protect the island as his current purpose, then the tournament ties into protecting that island.

its crazy there's still over 24 hours before the tournament, and they still got to recruit Roshi and Tien, should only take 1 episode each. but then.....depending on the pacing, there might be training episodes. boriiiing. the tournament at this rate might not start until June.

When the erase command gets used, ain't no souls left afterword. Probably the entire other world of U7 will be gone too. Beerus was shown to be able to erase souls, Zeno's probably worse.
    edited April 16
    Uub? Pan and Bulla better also be built up into super warriors like their parent/grandparent. we know Uub is likely to get a push forward. Pan and Bulla were hurting for circumstances to train, power up and surpass their predecessors, just like Goku and Vegeta. Bulla better not grow up to be some sheltered mall rat. I think female Broly, the tournament, the universe power rankings, and U6 sayian race could inspire Vegeta to make sure Bulla doesn't end up being a weakling. and Gohan would know its a waste for Pan to be sheltered instead of trained to surpass the new generation.

as for the erase command, that what really sucks about Dragon Ball lore. No respect for the intangible, I tell ya. oh well if even a gag character can break the rules like Arale, there's always ways to avoid erasure or restore what was erased. I still say even erased souls go to a great beyond beyond the great beyond in Dragon Ball lore that even Zeno and angels are not aware of.

ha, watch Goku go SSGSS against Roshi and Tien

I don't think you understand what happens if you lose this tournament; here's a preview

"The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    I TOLD you fuckers Uub will be back! :encore:

Ray Kurzweil
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,301
    If Black and Gowasu are from universe 10? Who is the new kaioshin from universe 10?
  • DeathologyDeathology Joined: Posts: 475
    Hopefully when Uub becomes old enough to train they make the other kids look older as well.
    edited April 17
    Literally watching DBS, Berserk 2017 and Attack on Titan Season 2, weekly. What a time to be alive.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

They deleted the latest episodes off of YouTube again...
    They don't last long on YouTube. Just find an anime site.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,236 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    fuck yt, plenty of streaming sites have them up
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Brorochi_JBrorochi_J Joined: Posts: 16
    I might be confused but didn't 17 say something along the likes of You can do that too?" When Goku turned SSJ blue?
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Brorochi_J wrote: »
    I might be confused but didn't 17 say something along the likes of You can do that too?" When Goku turned SSJ blue?

In that context, he was acknowledging that Goku has another transformation beyond that he's currently done. Not that 17 can turn SSB.
    edited April 17
    maxx wrote: »
    fuck yt, plenty of streaming sites have them up

those streaming sites are unviewable or slow on some PCs and console internet browsers. anyways, the best time to watch the episodes is the night they are up. youtube is the most accessible and friendly video site, and the greatest video archive systems ever. twitch and other stream sites are just dirty backalleys compared to the pristine and popular and utopian youtube channels.

youtube is capsule corp. any other video/streaming site are just sewers.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 22,751
    Or you could stop being cheap assholes and get a Crunchyroll sub... Or have a friend with one...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Or download the mkv/mp4.
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,357
    So Uub call out the end times of Super or is he going to get justice this time around? Either way 17 gives no fucks of your Blue form Goku.
    Theres a chance ssb is actually just the same or a bit more of the maximum output ssj puts out but for a longer time. Power levels may work in fluctuations now instead of a solid meter

Ray Kurzweil
    Man, Kanzenshuu had to lock the episode thread because of Battle Power discussion and the mods in r/dbz are getting fed up with it in discussion threads as well.

The banhammers will start to fly soon :rofl:

that's lame, unless they were cussing each other out or spamming a carbon copy of their previous comment, they have the right to discuss and even argue about battle power. the series communities are lively due to that, without that what else is there to discuss based on what's known? speculation that the aliens may know Zoonama?

well the episode's subject has run dry and people anticipate the next episode. its a long 5 days.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,981
    If all there is to talk about is something that's not that important to the currently running series then either you're obsessed withing that is irrelevant, or the series has nothing else going for it and from the sound of things it's the former and not the latter. They aren't really discussing the show, they are discussing stuff that's no longer a big part of the show and hyper focusing on it making the "Episode Thread" pointless. They are discussing superfluous aspects of the episode, not the episode itself.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    Well if it was true that all that matters is the plot points of dragon ball super they should just release a plot paragraph every week instead of adding mental stimulation to the plot points through visual and audio information. Or maybe the plot points are actually the lowest form of information on offer

Ray Kurzweil
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,172
    Man, Kanzenshuu had to lock the episode thread because of Battle Power discussion and the mods in r/dbz are getting fed up with it in discussion threads as well.

The banhammers will start to fly soon :rofl:

that's lame, unless they were cussing each other out or spamming a carbon copy of their previous comment, they have the right to discuss and even argue about battle power. the series communities are lively due to that, without that what else is there to discuss based on what's known? speculation that the aliens may know Zoonama?

well the episode's subject has run dry and people anticipate the next episode. its a long 5 days.

That's not the problem. THe issue is topics are getting barraged with BP discussion where actual interesting points are burried and you can barely get a conversation going.

#17 being portrayed as a nihilist is interesting, whether it makes sense with what we were shown even more so, but nope, no one can discuss that shit because 95% of this fandom is more focused on talking about how 17 might be able to match up to SSjB Goku when their match, beyond spectacle, wasn't even important to the episode in itself.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 19,128
    Ki Shima wrote: »
    Theres a chance ssb is actually just the same or a bit more of the maximum output ssj puts out but for a longer time. Power levels may work in fluctuations now instead of a solid meter

Or... Ya know, Goku is holding back to not fucking murder his friends and uses SSjB so he can see how they react and deal with enemies who are god level.

Trunks mentioned the overwhelming pressure that SSJB emits when Vegeta transformed against him and Kuririn later said almost exactly the same thing against Blue Goku.

I don't see why people make it more complicated then it needs to be.

Trunks was able to destroy and cut nuts up zamasu, who had earlier wrecked ssjb goku and vegeta who were going 100

Trunks has untapped potential that made him stronger than goku and vegetta for that moment. He did not need god ki. Which tells me that the saiyans have yet to really master their saiyan forms and rage boosts

In that context, he was acknowledging that Goku has another transformation beyond that he's currently done. Not that 17 can turn SSB.

Base form Krillin held his own against Super Saiyan Blue Goku with the Kamehameha (pun on Hawaiian royalty by the way) Waves was gdlk.
  • Brorochi_JBrorochi_J Joined: Posts: 16

Didn't think that 17 can turn SSB but rather how calm he was, as if he's seen another transformation like you said. I don't remember 17 seeing any saiyan go beyond SSJ so it was odd for me how he pointed that out, unless he too has a sort of transformation under his sleeve.
    Incoming Super 17.

On the subject, I also don't get why people are so stupid to not understand what "holding back" means.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 6,768
    A new image of "Female Broly" is out.

yeah it kind of did sound like 17 meant he was able to transform. but given the context if he could transform as well why didn't he say that after the first transformation. unless he specifically means use God Ki.

I think it was just worded that way to get this reaction

Ray Kurzweil
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Target confirmed! Joined: Posts: 5,410
    edited April 18
    Scans from the latest chapter:

ETcUFMU.jpg
    Dragon-Ball-Super-Chapitre-23-page-2.jpgNyCJOvc.jpg
    ydjoK1z.jpg
    ubMlIKJ.jpg
    8ZnQI2l.jpg

Translated dialogue from the chapter:
    Zamasu: Now, mortals, I'll have you pay the price for going against the Gods...
    Vegeeta: Th-this is...
    Goku: You know, we turned into that as well!
    Vegeeta: I... I see... It's the same fusion as Veget.

Kaioushin: Ohhh, he did it...!?

Vegeeta: S-shit!
    Trunks: D-did he attack just now? I didn't see a thing!
    Goku: Damn it... when did he...
    Zamasu: So this is the power of the Potara... this is what fusion is like...!

Goku: Vegeeta.
    Vegeeta: What?
    Goku: We can also Potara fuse but... what do you want to do?
    Vegeeta: You're kidding, right? I thought I said I'll never fuse with you again.
    Goku: That's what I thought. I'm sorry, Kaioushin-sama, it is what it is so I'll return them to you. We really want to fight on our own.
    Kaioushin: That's... even in a time like this...
    Vegeeta: Kakarrot, you stay here and watch. I'll be fighting first.

Kaioushin: Oh... Back then with Majin Boo... So the fusion broke because of that... It wasn't because of Majin Boo's influence but because of the time...! I didn't know that...
    Trunks: I don't understand very well but, anyway, it's fine if it holds for one hour, right? If you need someone to stall for time I can do it.
    Vegeeta: What are you saying, Trunks? You stay here!
    Trunks: No, I'll also fight. Even if Mai and I are the only ones, it's still our world. There's no way I'll let Father and Goku sacrifice yourselves in this world. This is for my llate Mother's sake as well.
    Vegeeta: For Bloomer's sake?

Trunks: Yes! Father passed away early and Mother, who had to raise me all by herself, looked very lonely. I'd get asked a lot about Father, after I went to the past with the tima machine and met you. In fact, Mother was supposed to come with me to the past if she hadn't been killed by Black. Mother... I wonder if what she actually wanted was to meet Father of the past instead of running away from Black.
    Vegeeta: Bloomer...
    Trunks: I don't want to keep making Mother feel sad! I won't let Father die here, for the sake of Mother of the past, that is waiting for your return!
    Vegeeta: Say those things when you can fight properly on your own!

Goku: I can't draw out my strength at all... The last senzu... should I eat it?
    Vegeeta: Kakarrot!
    Goku: What is it, Vegeeta?
    Vegeeta: Give it to me!
    Goku: What!? Why! Let's decide first who gets to eat the last bean.

Veget: My name is Veget. I'm a warrior born from the same Potara fusion as you.
    Zamasu: Mortals fusing...?
    Veget: Could it be you didn't know mortals could fuse as well? Hahaha, no wonder you were laughing that much. In that case, I'll tell you another thing you don't know.
    Zamasu: What?
    Veget: It seems your Potara fusion will brake in one hour.
    Zamasu: What did you say?
    Veget: You still haven't become a Kaioushin so you're just like us, mortals.

Veget: Hey hey, you're forgetting your hands, Zamasu!

Zamasu: This can't be happening!

Zamasu: Die and repent your sins, mortal!!!!
    Veget: Ha!!!!

Vegeeta: Th-this is...
    Kaioushin: The fusion broke!!!
    Trunks: Why!!?
    Post edited by Doctrine Dark on
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,044
    Wait so the manga fusion lasted even less than the anime fusion?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    did vegetto even turn ssjb?

Ray Kurzweil