Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,310
    Ki Shima wrote: »
    remember when everyone knew years ago NOBODY in fiction was touching anyone in DBZ? yeah I'm thinking it's more interesting this way actually, if Toriyama nerfed them on purpose I have respect for that, and he probably did

Nigga, they are universe busters now. If the creep continues, EoS Goku will be like this:

4688662-7746391696-45601.jpg

yeah they didn't even mention superman grew bigger than planets as well. amazing art

thats why I could never see superman as legit, his powers are so random. dude is being hurt by cars thrown at him, bleeding from being attacked by magical beings; magical beings basically making him look like a normal man. dude punching and shit like he's in WWE. nah man fuck that guy. make the Z fighters look broken, we watched them actually work hard for it

DB has some of the dumbest power creeps in shonen history. The power levels scaled logically in DB but went to shit in DBZ. At least superman has some effort to scientifically explain his powers, goku and everyone else just develops and a new transformation "just because."

Also why did they say goku turned into a super saiyan when clearly he has electric sparks all around him when he fought that Kai...the animators gotta be more consistent with that shit.

They just mentioned what it is "it's a super saiyan" you're not paying attention to their description.

Superman is a western story so they have western viewpoint of the reality behind his abilities. We all know science changes too so let's see in a few decades how superman's scientific explanations sound. This happened to john carter so expect the same for superman
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    dab00g wrote: »
    The blue sparks signal ssj2. Against zumasu he was at first level. It was pretty telling about the training

Where goop vegetta was a harder fight

He was SSJ2 against Zamasu. You could clearly see the blue sparks around his golden aura when he powered up.

mqdefault.jpg

That is fake, photoshop, you're lying, Santa is real, etc etc
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,532
    remember when everyone knew years ago NOBODY in fiction was touching anyone in DBZ? yeah I'm thinking it's more interesting this way actually, if Toriyama nerfed them on purpose I have respect for that, and he probably did

Nigga, they are universe busters now. If the creep continues, EoS Goku will be like this:

4688662-7746391696-45601.jpg

yeah they didn't even mention superman grew bigger than planets as well. amazing art

thats why I could never see superman as legit, his powers are so random. dude is being hurt by cars thrown at him, bleeding from being attacked by magical beings; magical beings basically making him look like a normal man. dude punching and shit like he's in WWE. nah man fuck that guy. make the Z fighters look broken, we watched them actually work hard for it

DB has some of the dumbest power creeps in shonen history. The power levels scaled logically in DB but went to shit in DBZ. At least superman has some effort to scientifically explain his powers, goku and everyone else just develops and a new transformation "just because."

Also why did they say goku turned into a super saiyan when clearly he has electric sparks all around him when he fought that Kai...the animators gotta be more consistent with that shit.

Science hand wavy bullshit is still bullshit.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • JLALloydJLALloyd Joined: Posts: 743
    Goku vs Zamasu wasn't a special fight but man the music is fucking good and Nozawa still has a lot of energy in her voice. The music that starts when goku blocks Zamasu back hand is great, I think it played already in a Black scene.

I really like they brought the very thick lightning from the manga to the anime with Super. It's a small detail, but it's nice to see those little bits being brought over here and there.

Beerus smirking when his boy surprises Gowasu is great as well.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,874
    edited August 2016
    I found a channel that has a shitload of DB-DBZ moments in Japanese and I know it's run by one of you "TEH DUB IS TEH ONLY WAI!" fegs cause he posts this vid:

" A RARE moment the dub did right" XD
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,782
    The original Funimation dub sucks. It got better with the Uncut and Kai versions, but the original JP score and voices will always be the best.

Don't even start this argument again.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »

Slow your roll nigga. I just thought what he said was funny.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • WolfkillerWolfkiller Equal Opportunity Destroyer Joined: Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That flip kick to the face was fucking awesome. Show needs more fun fight choreography like this and the Return Of F minion battle.
    Shin-Mech-Brian: As I walk through, I look up and see Chun-Li holding my son and she says, "arrest him!" Ronald McDonald pulls up from behind me and put me in handcuffs. I ask why I'm being arrested and he says, "I'm under arrest for killing Santa Clause."
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,196
    s9DjWdp.png
    tk3GFBZ.png
    9c2ED0J.png
    dki1NIA.png
    EiiJACB.png
    cJCX1eg.png
    G6ObnhW.png
    eB6ofL5.png
    jALT1lE.png
    hDmqDcN.png
    Jt0F2V5.png
    nnfhFp1.png
    gL6AcO4.png
    YZkSKXC.png
    SSSZW4x.png
    Aol1h48.png
    1Dwsyox.png
    aqXI1GX.png
    ip1R2WV.png

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    Newsflash! You're not supposed to take anything in DB all that seriously outside the fighting.

Nozawa portrays a far, far greater range of emotion and acting than anything Jewish Superman voice Schemmel's done.

Go back to bitching about Gohan having a happy ending to his character arc because he's a good husband and father and isn't abandoning his family to go around blowing up planets.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Malaysian dub is 3 tiers above japanese

That ain't a fair comparison. Malaysian dub is the ST Akuma of DB dubs, with Japanese being O.Sagat.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,623
    Newsflash! You're not supposed to take anything in DB all that seriously outside the fighting.

Nozawa portrays a far, far greater range of emotion and acting than anything Jewish Superman voice Schemmel's done.

Go back to bitching about Gohan having a happy ending to his character arc because he's a good husband and father and isn't abandoning his family to go around blowing up planets.

I don't know if I'd consider relying on Vegeta and Goku excellent parenting.

• AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,061
    edited August 2016
    I found a channel that has a shitload of DB-DBZ moments in Japanese and I know it's run by one of you "TEH DUB IS TEH ONLY WAI!" fegs cause he posts this vid:

" A RARE moment the dub did right" XD

I'm sorry you can't appreciate greatness. The awesome V.A's along with Falconer's great music? The original funimation dub of DBZ is legendary.

The original Funimation dub sucks. It got better with the Uncut and Kai versions, but the original JP score and voices will always be the best.

Yes. Because there is no argument.

Falconer's SSJ3 theme alone > Japanese DBZ's entire score....

Greatness:
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,034
    MasakoX > Schemmel > Nozawa

But for music, yes JP > US for the most part.

Vegeta's theme is still godlike tho
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,207
    And the dbz thread cycle starts once again....
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

And the dbz thread cycle starts once again....

Po is just easily triggered
    Boobologist Ph.D

You can say what you want about the NA dub but that goku sounds confident, he sounds powerful and like a man you can believe has what it takes to fight the foes he does. He sounds appropriate to his age and his experience. Do you honestly see most 40 something year old men sounding identical to their childhood self...they grow up and I think the NA goku sounds like a grown up legitimate hero. I'm a purist in most cases but in this situation having goku sound like a kid is just dumb. If gohan can sound more his age then why can't goku, plz have a seat.

Congrats, you dumbed down the character in order to fit the bastarderized version of DB that the US got. Bonus for being completely ignorant about what you are talking about because even for Kid Goku, Gohan and Goten, Nozawa does different voices for each. Add in Bardock, Adult Goku, SSJ4 Goku, Teen Goten, Adult Gohan and now Black. Every single one of those has a unique flair to the voice.

Don't project what you want the character to be and complain about what he actually is. That's beyond retarded.
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    Don't mention Faulconer in this thread, the weebs don't like it.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
    CASIO KEYBOARD MAN™

Fixed.
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 972
    Guys I have the following questions:

Was Gohan SSJ or SSJ2 vs Dabura?

Who would win between SSJ3 Goku and Mystic Gohan?

Who is stronger between Super Buu and Kid Buu?

These questions, along with the superior version of DBZ has plagued humanity for years, with many more to come.

Kappa
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "I love My Little Pony so much it hurts".
    Wasted wrote: »

You can say what you want about the NA dub but that goku sounds confident, he sounds powerful and like a man you can believe has what it takes to fight the foes he does. He sounds appropriate to his age and his experience. Do you honestly see most 40 something year old men sounding identical to their childhood self...they grow up and I think the NA goku sounds like a grown up legitimate hero. I'm a purist in most cases but in this situation having goku sound like a kid is just dumb. If gohan can sound more his age then why can't goku, plz have a seat.

Congrats, you dumbed down the character in order to fit the bastarderized version of DB that the US got. Bonus for being completely ignorant about what you are talking about because even for Kid Goku, Gohan and Goten, Nozawa does different voices for each. Add in Bardock, Adult Goku, SSJ4 Goku, Teen Goten, Adult Gohan and now Black. Every single one of those has a unique flair to the voice.

Don't project what you want the character to be and complain about what he actually is. That's beyond retarded.

Schemmel does King Kai in addition to Goku. knows how to play different characters.

Your analysis of Nozawa is irrelevant, Schemmel doesn't play the entire Son Clan.

It's not Schemmel's fault for the characterisation of US Goku. He is an actor, nothing more.

Schemmel's Kaio is god awful though. Like, really, really bad. People mostly talk about Goku, but Kaio and Roshi are truly terrible with no real redeeming qualities.

Why is my quick note on how many character's voice is irrelevant though? THe poster mentioned that Goku sounds exactly the same as a kid and adult and that's just flat out wrong.

The voice, especially tone, is inherently tied in to the characterization. You really can't disasociate one with the other, especially this late in the game. I give him a pass for the OG dub because the scripts Funimation had were beyond salvaging so they had to make up, but next to none of the nuances of Goku are captured in Kai or newer material and that's not on the writing, but on the VA and the voice director. Unless you believe he has no input whatsoever on the character he has been voicing over a decade.
    edited August 2016
    Goku doesn't have nuance. He's a savant.

Whatever sway he may or may not have doesn't matter. He's not the director.

Why is my quick note on how many character's voice is irrelevant though? THe poster mentioned that Goku sounds exactly the same as a kid and adult and that's just flat out wrong.

The difference between Nozawa's Goku, Gohan or Goten is more about actual vocal range. Her adult Goku DOES sound almost as high-pitched as her Kid Goku, Gohan or Goten.

Compare that to say, MasakoX's Goku and Gohan. While his performance isn't official, his is a much more obvious distinction of voices than Nozawa.

Yes, she can differentiate them in the characterisation, but the voice she uses is almost identical between them.

• JLALloydJLALloyd Joined: Posts: 743
    edited August 2016
    Ill never forget the first time I played Budokai on PS2, it was the first time we had to play with the US voices here in France and man that was so bad. I was a kid and thought perfect Cell sounded like a president (
    seriously... "Ok planet give me that stupid energy... This is were it ends. Huuuuuuuuuh" no please...
    ), teen Gohan like an adult... It didn't feel like Dragon Ball at all for me.
    I was used to the JAP voices because in the French dub they left most of the shoutings untouched. But yeah I guess if you grew up to this you can actually like the US dub... For me you missed a lot of DB's charm with the voices and OST.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,778
    Besides we all know spanish goku is best goku
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,459
    Eh Im used to JP Goku. A long time ago that shit threw me off. But it fits for how he is in the JP version. I know its kiddy and blah blah but thats what nigga acts like. Im trying to imagine Goku with a man voice and I can think of is those hella deep JP voices which wouldnt fit

JP Goku and US Goku sound right for their respective portrayals imo.