Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,796
    IjdtsIr.jpg

Yeah.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,549
    Zamasu looks somewhat more badass in the manga than he did in the anime. He's drawn really well

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,438
    I'm pretty sure there is a plot hole in the manga.

Zamasu was temporarily promoted to Kaioshin back in Chapter 17 by giving the Potara. Gowasu demotes him by taking it back.

Unless there is some mechanism going there that is completely unexplained about how you have to actually be given a Potara by a Kaioshin in order for it to count as a Kaioshin for the fusion, yet it totally doesn't matter for the time travel, Toyotaro dun goofed.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,021
    Who decides if you get to become a Kai or Kaioshin anyway?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,869
    ZA WARULDO
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • CrimsonMoonMistCrimsonMoonMist Joined: Posts: 480
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Or you could stop being cheap assholes and get a Crunchyroll sub... Or have a friend with one...

Chrunchyroll doesn't have the show (or any show, really) in certain countries.
    Luckily for me, Daisuki does have it available in Norway.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,216
    Or just google with hd

Chromecast really has improved how i have viewed cartoons and wrestling
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,081
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,395
    quick! someone remind me why Goku is searching for android 17 again. like why the interest in him again?
    Goku taking after his brilliant scientist of a father in that image.

Goku's trying to recruit #17 for the upcoming Universal Tournament.
    edited April 19
    ok. i just saw the latest episode.
    yes, yes, and yes! 17 has always been my fav character to play in DBZ games (minus tenkaichi games) and i was hyped his special move (energy field) was used to block that kamehameha.
    tho...its a little bullshitty him refusing to participate from the tourny when hes been told everything will be erased along with his fam. lil hard to believe.
    regardless.
    glad he is back and leveled up. still a great character. hope he gets alotta screentime.
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 899
    The reason he doesn't care is because he's nihilistic, thus giving him a unique personality.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "I love My Little Pony so much it hurts".
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 8,889
    edited April 19
    The reason he doesn't care is because he's nihilistic, thus giving him a unique personality.

It's a bit early to say he's nihilistic just because he's saying 'no' to Goku.

Especially since nihilists think life is meaningless and 17's job is to PROTECT LIFE.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
    He didn't just say "no" to Goku, he doesn't care that the universe can get erased.

He will change his mind... but still.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "I love My Little Pony so much it hurts".
    i wonder what would happen if 17 and 18 were to do fusion technique. since they're twins. fusion would be amazingly successful with them.

yea yea i know. tranny.
    but not necessarily look like one. might look 100% female. or just male.
    keep in mind elder kai fused with a witch. he seems male.
    though he could be hermaphrodite.

*shivers.*
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,792
    It's basically Super 17 with 18s head.

SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    edited April 20
    Looking at that preview picture again.....is that Goku wearing a lab coat over his Gi? And how does it look even more farfetched than a toddler doing the same thing
    Looking at that preview picture again.....is that Goku wearing a lab coat over his Gi? And how does it look even more farfetched than a toddler doing the same thing

He's just poking fun at that old dub Vegeta line...

"Your father was a low-class warrior, but he was a BRILLIANT​ scientist!"
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Sacr3DSacr3D Bounce Man Joined: Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What in the actual fuck......

Gotta give props for that body though.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,021
    What in the actual fuck......

Fucking Weebs man
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,206
    what the fuck lmao at least he's happy
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil

Obligatory Toyotaro is a god damn hack that has no ideas of his own comment.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,835

Well there goes my post. Dammit @DatSpardaUser , what am I going to say now :wink:

Well there goes my post. Dammit @DatSpardaUser , what am I going to say now :wink:

You can mock Schemmel's British SSJ Rosé Goku Black. He went from Internet Shitlord to Generic Movie villain #1727312 :lol:
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,666
    I;m in the minority that likes falconer heh?
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
    edited April 22
    I like the Final Flash and Perfect Cell's theme. That's about it. Everything else is white noise, though it's worth noting Final Flash only applies to the TFS version
    I like the Final Flash and Perfect Cell's theme. That's about it. Everything else is white noise, though it's worth noting Final Flash only applies to the TFS version

Those and Hells Bells are the only worthwhile tracks... Guess who didn't compose those?

Those and Hells Bells are the only worthwhile tracks... Guess who didn't compose those?

Hells bells?

Hells bells?

Oh, Vegeta's Theme. Yeah, that's legit too, but loses a lot of impact after 25 seconds or so, so I don't like it as much
    maxx wrote: »
    i never liked any fuckin american dragon ball music. they forever ruined ssj2 gohan transformation scene.

The monologue added was far worse then any music change.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,206
    They would have to make that music worse in the vegeta vs trunks vid by using the music to drown out the rest of the sound at a higher volume and over use it in every scene. But then if you hate that music then its no surprise its edited that way

I didn't mind that music In Z It wasn't on for long but I sure do hate it right now, good job
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 453
    edited April 22

You can mock Schemmel's British SSJ Rosé Goku Black. He went from Internet Shitlord to Generic Movie villain #1727312 :lol:

At first I was going to call bs, but then I found this (@ 5 minutes)...

I honestly don't know how to feel about SSJR Goku Black's voice.
    Rip sig.
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,646
    So I started rewatching dbz, it's enjoyable but damn there's too many episodes lol. I just finished the frieza namek arc and it took like 50 eps lol. Did I make a mistake and should I have just watched Kai instead
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
    You should have watched Kai instead... not to late to start.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

• Hatred EdgeHatred Edge The Age of Murder and Storm Joined: Posts: 16,243
    I honestly don't know how to feel about SSJR Goku Black's voice.
    I'll tell you how to feel. Like shit. Because that's what it sounds like. What's funny is that he sounds more arrogant in Revival of F when it's Base Goku vs Frieza. So it's not like he can't do it but this is not what I was expecting.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    He didn't just say "no" to Goku, he doesn't care that the universe can get erased.

Which is different from nihilism.

A nihilist's response to Goku saying everything will be erased would be something like 'Good', 'About time' or 'Lemme get popcorn'. Nihilists in the context you refer to would strongly welcome the end of all things.

17's response is more 'whatever happens, happens'. A neutral response. Given his attachment to his life earlier, it's more likely that his belief is 'Eh, if Goku can't do it, I'm not gonna be much help. Might as well enjoy the rest of my time doing what I do'

So basically, 17 STILL thinks it's DBZ. I wonder if he hangs out on the Kanzenshuu

Actually, I think he can't see the forest for the trees. He'd rather protect JUST his janky-ass little island, rather than participate to protect the whole damn world. He doesn't seem to understand that if the world goes, so does his corner of it.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    Rhio2k wrote: »

Which is different from nihilism.

A nihilist's response to Goku saying everything will be erased would be something like 'Good', 'About time' or 'Lemme get popcorn'. Nihilists in the context you refer to would strongly welcome the end of all things.

17's response is more 'whatever happens, happens'. A neutral response. Given his attachment to his life earlier, it's more likely that his belief is 'Eh, if Goku can't do it, I'm not gonna be much help. Might as well enjoy the rest of my time doing what I do'

So basically, 17 STILL thinks it's DBZ. I wonder if he hangs out on the Kanzenshuu

Actually, I think he can't see the forest for the trees. He'd rather protect JUST his janky-ass little island, rather than participate to protect the whole damn world. He doesn't seem to understand that if the world goes, so does his corner of it.

Entirely possible. Everything's just speculation until tonight anyways