Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,529
    locoghoul wrote: »
    Translated version of Toei's time line for this arc:
    Cv7LWLIVUAARaH0.jpg:large

one thing it doesn't explain is how is it that we get real time in the future when they are using a TIME MACHINE. Like, when Trunks is left battling Zamasu and Black they go to the past and it seems like the time Goku and Vegeta spend in the past is the same real time as in the future... Can't they just time travel back into the future right after they left???? Isn't that how you'd use a time machine? (See Back to the Future)

Time travel plots are always stupid. And other then a plothole in the Android arc, no one has ever shown using time travel that way in the series. Add in that doing that, you are splinting the time line again. The nonsense will just keep snowballing.
    Goku's idiocy knows no bounds.

That was really bad. I got no idea why they spent an entire episode making shit personal to Goku + another episode of him practicing the Mafuba just to end in a gag that has no proper setup or payoff. The whole episode was pretty terrible barring the Bulma slutting off with Zamasu.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,926
    edited October 2016
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Goku is single-handedly prolonging this arc with his Peter Griffin-levels of retardation... If it weren't for him, Trunks and Vegeta would have been done handled this shit.

..The complete reverse of the Cell Saga...

I'm not the one to side with YT comments for the most part, BUT goddamn is like Toriyama forgot his character or something. Hadn't seen a Goku so fucking dumb since DB. Plot device galore as well (pink cloud with Black clones that have a ki of its own??? Trunks learning the technique from an Iphone??)

Even if they go Gogeta/Vegetto, how do they win? There is no seal nor recipient for Mafuuba. Would hate if they have to resort to Zen chan

EDIT BULMA LMAO TBH I woulda done her raw and dirty. Bet Trunks unlocked SSGSSJ5 after seeing me doggystyling his mom

EDIT#2 "10... hmm no 15 mins" LOL
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,177
    edited October 2016
    Clearly the God Chi from the ritual has fried this nigga Goku's brain to unimaginable proportions. That's my canon explanation.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    Goku is single-handedly prolonging this arc with his Peter Griffin-levels of retardation... If it weren't for him, Trunks and Vegeta would have been done handled this shit.

Naw, Goku was also a gigantic moron back in the Cell arc. Giving Cell teh Senzu will forever remain the dumbest shit ever done in the series.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,741

Naw, Goku was also a gigantic moron back in the Cell arc. Giving Cell teh Senzu will forever remain the dumbest shit ever done in the series.

Well, that was Goku being his usual overconfident self and having complete faith in Gohan's power.

This shit with him forgetting items vital to the fucking mission is some other shit... Could you imagine if this fucker forgot to bring Senzus with him to Namek?

We'd all be watching the Freeza show...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Well, that was Goku being his usual overconfident self and having complete faith in Gohan's power.

This shit with him forgetting items vital to the fucking mission is some other shit... Could you imagine if this fucker forgot to bring Senzus with him to Namek?

Like when he forgot the senzu's when they faced off against androids 19 and 20.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,719
    It's all gona work out in the end. SSB4. Let's go boys. It's gona happen.

He used all of them while training on his way to Namek. Not a single care in the world about saving them to use against Freeza besides the 2 or 3 he used on Gohan and the rest. What about him deciding to not deal with the Androids ASAP because fighting or not taking the medicine a time traveler that confirmed he was dead from said desease brought from the future.

Post-Saiyan arc Goku has done dumb shit because plot plenty of times. This arc's problem is that it's stockpiling on them really fast on top of each other. This latest one is especially bad because there was no reason to add a unfunny gag in there. Just say that the talisman got burned off inside the time machine.
    I was talking about him using the Senzus to heal from his training. The nigga intuitively figured out how zenkais worked and was abusing them way before Vegeta got the idea. We all know he could give zero fucks about saving them for battle.

Yes, Goku has always done dumb shit because plot, but Super has turned the boy straight retarded.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,177
    If he never used Senzu's during the gravity training, he probably would've gotten bodied by Ginyu. His body also would've been unable to take the higher levels of Kaio-Ken. I don't see an issue with using 4 out of the 7 he had. Most of his time was spent training with next to no sleep. Letting Freeza go on Namek (that last blast was held-back. He admitted it) was pretty dumb considering Freeza said he was going to blow up the Earth when he had a chance.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    Super's treatment of Goku has been bizarre. You get one of the most in-character moments he has ever had in the U6 arc while this arc has been horribly inconsistent. With Vegeta, they aren't even trying anymore, just spewing the same old tired shit of "He is a good guy now! He cares about his family!"

I wonder how Toriyama's draft for this arc was, because these two had very clear direction and progression in the previous one, while they are a complete mess here. I'd guess he only focused on the new ones and slight changes to Trunks.
    edited October 2016
    Remember, Toriyama only gives a rough draft of how the arc will play out- The A to B, if you will... The Super animation team decides how to fill in the blanks, with Toyotaro doing the same for the manga.

I bet the manga version of this arc will be a bit easier to follow though... Apparently Toyotaro will be working more closely with the animators for future arcs, so the plot beats will likely flow better from here on out as well.
    The manga has been a mess in this arc as well. While the anime is stumbling with the main leads, the manga is straight up not bothering with them. It's a story that feels completely disconnected from everyone but Future Trunks. This isn't new or unexpected either, Toyotaro did the same thing in his DBAF doujin back in the day, only replace him with Trunks with Gohan while throwing Vegeta a bone.

That said, this is pretty much only real issue with this arc. You could probably streamline it a bit (them going to the past twice was kinda lame), but Black and Zamasu being so over the top hold this arc together from being a clusterfuck.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,674
    Goku black with the shadow clone jutsu.
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,631
    I fucking told you the Mafuba won't work
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    Of course it wouldn't, they hadn't even fused yet. Mafuba is almost Spirit Bomb tier, the great attack that's actually shit.

Goku has brain damage etc. but these mistakes are just outrageous.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

I mean, Mafuba working would be horribly anti climatic any way, so we knew it would fail. They just did a really bad job at writing that.
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,163
    edited October 2016
    bulma out here playing with nigga's nipples n shit, pure thot behavior

That new zamasu form is to good (no reason to really use it since mafuba failed..lol)
    Post edited by Shadow Ace on
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent

I mean, Mafuba working would be horribly anti climatic any way, so we knew it would fail. They just did a really bad job at writing that.

So there was literally no point in bringing it up other than prolonging the arc for another dozen episodes
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,674

So there was literally no point in bringing it up other than prolonging the arc for another dozen episodes

welcome to anime
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
    I gotta respect Zamasu now. Dude hates humanity so much that free pussy only serves to offend him. Did you see the look of hatred and disgust on his face? Not even Frieza has hatred like that for Goku.

Zamasu is a real bro, he neither respects nor tolerates slutty behaviour
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

The Mafuba didn't fail, Goku did. No, I take that back. Vegeta and Bulma failed for not checking behind his dumbass.

Same thing. Zamasu wasn't sealed in the end, therefore it didn't work
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• DanSCDanSC Joined: Posts: 608
    so is this black goku arc near finish yet, i want to wait till it finish and watch it
  • SupremoSupremo Joined: Posts: 57 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bulma shaking that ass for Zamasu with hearts on the background... LOL
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,207
    For real. It's hilarious when people get mad at gags in anything DB related. It really shows they don't know fuck all about the franchise. Especially when it comes to Toriyama who is very gag heavy in all his work.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• just_primejust_prime Culture Reset Joined: Posts: 1,688
    Piccolo's Youtube tutorial was the best part of the episode next to Zamasu's "fuck bitches, destroy humanity" face.

I was just about to post that. I hope Piccolo vids somehow become a running gag.

• Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,163
    Piccolo might as well get his own YouTube tutorial series, he already knows how to raise someone else's kids and drive a car

He is essentially more mom than bulma, shit like when the last time you seen bulma cook? Bitch either has her shit catered or she throwing pill bottles in the sky
    just_prime wrote: »
    Piccolo's Youtube tutorial was the best part of the episode next to Zamasu's "fuck bitches, destroy humanity" face.

I was just about to post that. I hope Piccolo vids somehow become a running gag.

I'm expecting TFS to gag the shit out of that very moment if they ever get to abridging DB Super
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,448
    Earlier, I was talkin with my boy about the recent episode. We were thinking of how they could take out Zamasu since the Mafuba won't work without the seal.

And this nigga said that first Goku and Vegeta should fuse into Gogeta, and then Gogeta potara fuse with Trunks, and he said that since the potara fusion has a regular fusion in it, it will negative the permanent effect and still be timed. LIke goddamit, I thought I'd never hear someone I actually know say some dumb shit like LOL fuck
    Shadow Ace wrote: »
    Piccolo might as well get his own YouTube tutorial series, he already knows how to raise someone else's kids and drive a car

He is essentially more mom than bulma, shit like when the last time you seen bulma cook? Bitch either has her shit catered or she throwing pill bottles in the sky

You know damn well Bulma has an in-house team of chefs cooking for her, especially considering how much food Vegeta and Trunks put away. That bitch ain't got time for cooking.
    DrellyFish wrote: »
    Earlier, I was talkin with my boy about the recent episode. We were thinking of how they could take out Zamasu since the Mafuba won't work without the seal.

And this nigga said that first Goku and Vegeta should fuse into Gogeta, and then Gogeta potara fuse with Trunks, and he said that since the potara fusion has a regular fusion in it, it will negative the permanent effect and still be timed. LIke goddamit, I thought I'd never hear someone I actually know say some dumb shit like LOL fuck

Give him his credit, he probably isn't too far off
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,254
    It's pretty amazing how quickly Trunks was able to learn mafuba through a simple video. He didn't even get to sense the energy type that's required to do mafuba.

So since gowasu still have a time ring, maybe someone will realize they can just ask gowasu to go back in time and bring seals back to Trunk's time and seal the complete Zamasu.