Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• DanSCDanSC Joined: Posts: 608
    so is this black goku arc near finish yet, i want to wait till it finish and watch it
  • SupremoSupremo Joined: Posts: 57 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bulma shaking that ass for Zamasu with hearts on the background... LOL
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,239
    For real. It's hilarious when people get mad at gags in anything DB related. It really shows they don't know fuck all about the franchise. Especially when it comes to Toriyama who is very gag heavy in all his work.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• just_primejust_prime Culture Reset Joined: Posts: 1,696
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Piccolo's Youtube tutorial was the best part of the episode next to Zamasu's "fuck bitches, destroy humanity" face.

I was just about to post that. I hope Piccolo vids somehow become a running gag.

• Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,178
    Piccolo might as well get his own YouTube tutorial series, he already knows how to raise someone else's kids and drive a car

He is essentially more mom than bulma, shit like when the last time you seen bulma cook? Bitch either has her shit catered or she throwing pill bottles in the sky
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,972
    just_prime wrote: »
    Piccolo's Youtube tutorial was the best part of the episode next to Zamasu's "fuck bitches, destroy humanity" face.

I was just about to post that. I hope Piccolo vids somehow become a running gag.

I'm expecting TFS to gag the shit out of that very moment if they ever get to abridging DB Super
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,566
    Earlier, I was talkin with my boy about the recent episode. We were thinking of how they could take out Zamasu since the Mafuba won't work without the seal.

And this nigga said that first Goku and Vegeta should fuse into Gogeta, and then Gogeta potara fuse with Trunks, and he said that since the potara fusion has a regular fusion in it, it will negative the permanent effect and still be timed. LIke goddamit, I thought I'd never hear someone I actually know say some dumb shit like LOL fuck
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,311
    Shadow Ace wrote: »
    Piccolo might as well get his own YouTube tutorial series, he already knows how to raise someone else's kids and drive a car

He is essentially more mom than bulma, shit like when the last time you seen bulma cook? Bitch either has her shit catered or she throwing pill bottles in the sky

You know damn well Bulma has an in-house team of chefs cooking for her, especially considering how much food Vegeta and Trunks put away. That bitch ain't got time for cooking.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,178
    DrellyFish wrote: »
    Earlier, I was talkin with my boy about the recent episode. We were thinking of how they could take out Zamasu since the Mafuba won't work without the seal.

And this nigga said that first Goku and Vegeta should fuse into Gogeta, and then Gogeta potara fuse with Trunks, and he said that since the potara fusion has a regular fusion in it, it will negative the permanent effect and still be timed. LIke goddamit, I thought I'd never hear someone I actually know say some dumb shit like LOL fuck

Give him his credit, he probably isn't too far off
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,327
    It's pretty amazing how quickly Trunks was able to learn mafuba through a simple video. He didn't even get to sense the energy type that's required to do mafuba.

So since gowasu still have a time ring, maybe someone will realize they can just ask gowasu to go back in time and bring seals back to Trunk's time and seal the complete Zamasu.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,434
    even when Freeza was committing genocide on Namek.

Just reminded me of this:

VhV0GpU.gif

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,556
    For real. It's hilarious when people get mad at gags in anything DB related. It really shows they don't know fuck all about the franchise. Especially when it comes to Toriyama who is very gag heavy in all his work.

Toriyama never used gags like this though, other then Gotenks, who is an actual gag character. The closest he ever got was Goku and Boo biting each other while Vegeta monolgues, but none of it was directed at Vegeta nor undermined him in any way. Even in his actual pure comedy stuff like Dr. Slump, Dragon Boy or Neko Majin.

When you go all the way back to the first two arcs in the series, when it's more of a comedy then action/adventure, jokes on Goku's character were made due to his naivety, not stupidity. Only character to ever be the butt of jokes to the point where it undermined character was Yamcha and we all know he turned out.

The real problem is way simpler though: the joke wasn't funny, because this is the third time it happened in this arc and made two entire episodes with some cool build up pointless.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,163
    edited October 2016
    This just confirms it that Toriyama wants everyone to follow in Gohan's footsteps. Stay in school and get smart so you won't be dumb like your father (Goku).

Black is also stupid because he has Goku's blood and genes. I'm sure the stupid genes will kick in soon for Blackmasu. He'll be the first stupid immortal in Dragon Ball history.
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,526
    I knew they'd forget the seal :rofl:. At least we'll get to see Gogeta again.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,157
    I bet they get the talisman seal from one of the kais

You mean Vegito
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Little_GotenLittle_Goten No seriously, what the heck's a Kakarot? Joined: Posts: 5,608
    Goku being an idiot at the expense of everyone and everything should be expected by now. It's not a bug, it's a feature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Retiring from fighting games, at least temporarily. My execution sucks.
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

You mean Vegito

Nah.

• Little_GotenLittle_Goten No seriously, what the heck's a Kakarot? Joined: Posts: 5,608
    Gogeta = Dance
    Vegito = Earrings

It would explain why Gowasu and Shin are even there (seriously, why are they there? Bless these characters, but they serve no purpose. You know, like Yamcha).
    Vegeta ain't doing no dance. He already said fuck the dance back in the Boo saga. Unless Zamasu sat back and lets Goku teach Vegeta, the Potara is a more surefire thing. It's also the more powerful Fusion.
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Gogeta has yet to appear in anything canon, but I'll agree to that.
    Gogeta is not even hype. You've literally waited for an hour of the movie only to finish the final fight in like 15 seconds
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

edited October 2016
    That's called "getting shit done," my good sir. They've stalled enough in this arc. Why do you want more stalling?

• Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,704
    I want to watch Vegito MSP this nigga, not iron man him.

Resets, taunts, giving hope, styling. Theres a reason why Vegito>Gogeta.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
    The only reason Vegito "played around" was because he wanted to rescue Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Piccolo from Boo.

Given the current situation, Vegito would have no reason to hold-back against Zamasu.
    edited October 2016
    Think about that, though...... NONE of how that whole situation went made sense.

They never have a reason to hold back, but everyone barring Trunks and Piccolo do it anyway. You don't think the cockiest character in the whole series isn't gonna play around with Zamasu? HA!

That brings me back to @PVL_93_RU's point... if Vegito doesn't hold back, the fight ends just as fast as Gogeta vs Janemba. At that point, the fusion doesn't make a difference as far as hype and length of battle is concerned. The only thing that matters here is practicality, and Gogeta makes more sense.

edited October 2016
    Gogeta plays no games.

Except in GT.

Unpopular opinion: I don't like any of the fusions. Except for Zamasu.

It's a weak concept that hasn't served a purpose in the series period. Fusion Reborn being the exception, and they made up for it with that anticlimactic finish. The entire movie felt like the ending to a middle school DBZ what-if discussion, with the quality to match.
    edited October 2016
    I'm personally fine with either Fusion. I never really favored one over the other. Well, except gameplay wise. I often favor Gogeta in that area.

So far, we've only known the idea of Gogeta is canon, so it would be cool seeing him. I just think it seems more likely we'll see Vegito given the fact that both Gowasu and Kaioshin are there. It'd be far more practical for them to give Goku and Vegeta their Potara's over practicing a dance. But if Zamasu is sitting there feeling himself over his new power, I suppose that's enough time for Vegeta to get the dance down.
    edited October 2016
    Debatable.

The whole point I'm trying to make is that Vegeta has been pulled out of character a ton of times since Super began. He doesn't have as much pride as he used to, or he at least doesn't let it get in the way of the shit he HAS to do. If he doesn't want everyone to die, he needs to dance....just like he did to prevent Beerus from deleting the whole planet.

edited October 2016
    Debatable.

The whole point I'm trying to make is that Vegeta has been pulled out of character a ton of times since Super began. He doesn't have as much pride as he used to, or he at least doesn't let it get in the way of the shit he HAS to do. If he doesn't want everyone to die, he needs to dance....just like he did to prevent Beerus from deleting the whole planet.

And shit like Vegeta dancing is stupid. It's not even character development (we saw that near the end of Z. First when Trunks got bodied by Cell, then when Vegeta swallowed his pride at last and worked in team with Goku, then in BoG showing anger when Bulma got fucked up by Beerus, then in Super actually acting like a proper parent)

But the dance sequence? It's random shit thrown in purely for the sake of being random, but I guess they need to somehow lighten up the series in between major fights
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Vegeta being out of character for that scene was hilarious. At least to me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file