Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,309
    I hated it. It was random as fuck and they whored Vegeta out AGAIN.

But if that's what they wanna do, I need Gogeta. I don't wanna hear shit.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • Little_GotenLittle_Goten No seriously, what the heck's a Kakarot? Joined: Posts: 5,604
    Different perspectives I guess. I don't take this show very serious at all and it takes a lot for me to hate something in it unless it's extremely annoying.

Like GT Gogeta. Gotenks in ANY copacity. Bulma in Dragon Ball. Anytime Master Roshi is around women. Any of the Broly movies. Gohan's writing in the Buu saga. The Buu saga in general. The lampshading and lack of acknowledgement of Vegeta's character development on Namek.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Retiring from fighting games, at least temporarily. My execution sucks.
    Different perspectives I guess. I don't take this show very serious at all and it takes a lot for me to hate something in it unless it's extremely annoying.

Like GT Gogeta. Gotenks in ANY copacity. Bulma in Dragon Ball. Anytime Master Roshi is around women. Any of the Broly movies. Gohan's writing in the Buu saga. The Buu saga in general. The lampshading and lack of acknowledgement of Vegeta's character development on Namek.

Why you gotta make it personal..? :chainsaw:

• Little_GotenLittle_Goten No seriously, what the heck's a Kakarot? Joined: Posts: 5,604
    Why do people like those movies though? I can't understand it. I just cannot bring myself to like them no matter how hard I try.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,702
    Why do people like those movies though? I can't understand it. I just cannot bring myself to like them no matter how hard I try.
    You see how broly is fucking them up in this clip? That is why people like him.

People like a stylish ass whooping.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
    edited October 2016
    I can't stand the first movie. It was awful.

The worst part about it, to me, is that Paragus was an amazing amazing villain. Great design, great motivation, great scheme, great planning, great exploitation of Vegeta's ego, and watching him desperately try to hold his plan together as it was falling apart was good writing. Too bad he was casually tossed aside so Broly could yell KAKAROT for the rest of the movie.

The worst part of it was Broly himself. No actual motivation, stock villain dialogue after an entire movie of him being built up as a silent but mysterious character, and awful development. Oh, and he went down in the dumbest way possible.

Also, Vegeta. You're telling me that this fool can stand up to the tyrant who held him hostage since he was five and fights him to the death, but he whimpers and freaks out when Broly shows up because of bedtime stories he heard as a kid? That's really reaching tbh.
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,260
    edited October 2016
    If Goku pressure Vegeta by saying Bulma and Trunks' lives are on the line, he will definitely do the dance.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,206
    To be fair, it was Broly's stupid amount of power that made Vegeta shit himself. With Freeza, at least he had the hopes of a Super Saiyan rising and taking him out. There was no answer for dealing with an actual Legendary Super Saiyan. He only ended up fighting Freeza because he had no choice. His plan was to wish for immortality and leave Namek in hopes of confronting Freeza later.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    I can't stand the first movie. It was awful.

The worst part about it, to me, is that Paragus was an amazing amazing villain. Great design, great motivation, great scheme, great planning, great exploitation of Vegeta's ego, and watching him desperately try to hold his plan together as it was falling apart was good writing. Too bad he was casually tossed aside so Broly could yell KAKAROT for the rest of the movie.

The worst part of it was Broly himself. No actual motivation, stock villain dialogue after an entire movie of him being built up as a silent but mysterious character, and awful development. Oh, and he went down in the dumbest way possible.

Also, Vegeta. You're telling me that this fool can stand up to the tyrant who held him hostage since he was five and fights him to the death, but he whimpers and freaks out when Broly shows up because of bedtime stories he heard as a kid? That's really reaching tbh.

You're right about everything, but I disagree with the part about Vegeta.

As a fan of the character, I disliked how he reacted, but it had to be that way. Vegeta is the LAST person you'd expect to fall to his knees with fear and straight up give up hope, yet he did so when faced with Broly. It was all to emphasize Broly's overwhelming power; one that was only ever heard of in fairy tales before then.

To reiterate: Broly was so terrifying, he made Vegeta, the Prideful Saiyan Prince, shit himself.

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,813
    And yet Vegeta's son Trunks, the low-class idiot Kakarot, little kid Gohan, and Piccolo had enough balls to stand up to Broly.

How you gonna let an eight-year-old have bigger balls than you, and then be shamed and dragged into battle by the green alien man your boy Nappa killed?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    They didn't know what they were dealing with.... Vegeta did.

On the other hand, they had no choice but to fight.

I think it was that royal blood telling him he was gonna get fucked or something.

At least Vegeta woke his ass up, though. Anyone ever wonder where Vegeta was at in Broly's Second Coming?
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,813
    They could all sense that nigga's ki. Gohan kept getting got and coming back for more. Trunks was doing all he could. Piccolo. Goku was catching the worst of the beatings and still kept getting back up.

It made no sense for Vegeta to piss his pants with fear like that, especially with how prideful he was at that point in the mythos.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    The logic made no sense, but that's what Broly's does to a nigga.

It wouldn't be the first time Vegeta embarrassed himself in the movies. Remember when that nigga cried in front of Goku during Fusion Reborn?

Seeing Piccolo grab him by his hair was strange as fuck, though.
    He cried when Freeza killed him, too.

I could at least understand the reaction to Freeza. This nigga did everything in his power to stop this fucker that ended his race and it still wasn't enough. Vegeta really thought he became a Super Saiyan, only to see Freeza soccer ball his attack into space. It was said that was the first time in his life he ever felt true terror, as well as the first time he ever shed tears. You could see he pretty much gave up after Freeza knocked his blast away.

In Fusion Reborn, he just started bitching because Goku was continuing to get stronger. That's not cool.
    The spoiled brat who thought he was the shit because his daddy was king finally realized that a title ain't everything.

I'm still mad King Vegeta thought he had a chance against Freeza. These dudes had to have known Freeza was a monster, yet he really tried to fight him alone.

• Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,164
    Broly doesnt make sense from an athestic standpoint, why is this nigga the size of the hulk? how does turning ssj make you grow an extra two feet? how come he can't speak more than two sentences?
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    Broly is full retard. Why are you trying to understand retard?
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
    Shadow Ace wrote: »
    Broly doesnt make sense from an athestic standpoint, why is this nigga the size of the hulk? how does turning ssj make you grow an extra two feet? how come he can't speak more than two sentences?

His LSSJ form is basically SSJ Grade 3 without the speed decrease. Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks can all do it. I've never liked that form, though.

He can speak more than two sentences lol. Watch the first movie.

• WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,123
    Thread is back to its normal state :sweat:
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
    Broly also seemed to revert back to his regular self towards the end of Broly's Second Coming. He was saying Kakarotto all throughout the movie, but when Gohan started charging the KMHMH, Broly said it was time to destroy the planet or something along those lines.
    Broly can speak in complete sentences, but those sentences are third-grade attempts to sound savage.

I like Super because it fixes many of the problems I had with the series. I like that Super borrows slightly more from Dragon Ball than Z and I like that they stopped trying to turn Goku into Anime Superman. I hate that Vegeta keeps getting robbed though, but at least he made up for it somewhat against Black.

Goten and Trunks are useless though. As you might have noticed, I like Goten a lot and I kinda want him to grow up strong instead of just becoming Saiyan Yamcha like he did in GT.
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    Majin Buu's "Me mad now", to Vegeta > Anything Broly ever said.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
    edited October 2016
    jebop wrote: »
    Majin Buu's "Me mad now", to Vegeta > Anything Broly ever said.

Nigga, please.
    Vegeta: I am the ruler of all Saiyans! Even you, Broly!
    Broly: Then please, do your best to make me kneel before you!
    Goku: Hey! Why don't you give us a handicap?
    Broly: Is that another word for coffin?
    Gohan: I'VE HAD ENOUGH!
    Broly: Not until you lay dead at my feet.

And let's not forget the GOAT quote:
    Anybody: Anything
    Broly: KAKAROOOOTTTT!!!!!!

• DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,532
    @phantom angel you found this in XV2 yet?

5103906219_31da216d6a_o.jpg
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
    Found what, exactly? That outfit?

• DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,532
    Yes, the outfit is in the game.

Can't seem to find it or the regular Big Bang Kamehameha.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
    I only have the one with the sleeves.... Now I gotta go on a hunt.

• Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,164
    edited November 2016

His LSSJ form is basically SSJ Grade 3 without the speed decrease. Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks can all do it. I've never liked that form, though.

they bulk up, they dont grow into a minature giant, his motivation is wack; how old is this nigga?

ft5 me if you disagree tyrone

Vegeta's Legacy
    lb0CHMT.jpg
    Post edited by Shadow Ace on
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent

they bulk up, they dont grow into a minature giant, his motivation is wack; how old is this nigga?

ft5 me if you disagree tyrone

Come get this work, Low-Class Human scum.

• XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,260
    Xvideos wrote: »
    So, what's the son of Tarble going to look like?

Female Tarble with purple skin?