Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• Shadow Ace 50Shadow Ace 50 Chaos Control A hoe Joined: Posts: 2,377
    because first, he only good a db/dbz, and second i want more DBZ dammit (with more earth characters involve)!

It can be done...but it wont be in his vision and old school dbz veterans will hate it...but a new dbz series can be made though
    Prayer Changes Things-
    "Spades and Yu-Gi-Oh are pretty much the same game" -Big G.
    AE: Vega/Fuerte/DJ SFxT: Vega/King KOFXII: Kensou/King/Terry
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,895
    A new Dragon Ball is possible, but you would have to either start it from the ground up again, a la Gundam different universes, or have it start years in the future after everyone is dead , again a la Gundam.

But I doubt many people are willing to try and top Dragon Ball after the huge failure that was GT. Besides most of the good creators that grew up on DB are making their own series anyway, like Naruto, One Piece or Bleach.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • BBCampbellBBCampbell Busy bein' DELICIOUS Joined: Posts: 514
    because first, he only good a db/dbz, and second i want more DBZ dammit (with more earth characters involve)!

Easy fanboy, calm down...

We all like DBZ, but if you're getting so worked up that you can't make complete, coherent sentences, you need a time out. Go ouside, take a deep breath, go have a taco! :tup:
    Chun-Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his life. You had him shot as you ran away... a hero at a thousand paces.
    Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it. For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.
    For me... It was Tuesday...
  • The EpidemicThe Epidemic Archduke Caramel Adonis Joined: Posts: 9,879
    Easy fanboy, calm down...

We all like DBZ, but if you're getting so worked up that you can't make complete, coherent sentences, you need a time out. Go ouside, take a deep breath, go have a taco! :tup:

:lol:
    God's favorite ©

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin

What??? Did you ever watch/read Dr. Slump??? or any of the others Toriyama works??????? How can you say DB is his only good work...pffffff :xeye::xeye::xeye:
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Watching more of Season Two of DBZ. Zarbon transformed and Vegeta's facial expression that was like "OH SNAPS!!!!!" Man, that beating was BRUTAL!! I actually cringed while it was going on. Zarbon beasted on Vegeta like he owed him money that was way past due.

Guru just unlokced Krillin's hidden power. I always wondered how much of it did he unlock. Couldn't have been all of it since he did train for 3 years for the coming of the Androids.

Season Three of DBZ should come out in the fall of this year or so. I read on wiki that FUNi plans to release all of DBZ in season boxed set form. Good for me since I've yet to collect the Buu Saga.
  • fjf314fjf314 真・瞬獄殺 Joined: Posts: 1,147
    Wow... I hadn't even thought about ever buying DBZ just because it's so long. I didn't realize that the box set for each season was only $45 on AnimeNation. I think I'm going to have to buy these. Especially when reading about Vegeta taking on Zarbon... that fight was epic.
    #1 fan of Guymelef of SRK fame.
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,449 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Guru just unlokced Krillin's hidden power. I always wondered how much of it did he unlock. Couldn't have been all of it since he did train for 3 years for the coming of the Androids.

I'm thinking that he unlocked Kuririn's ability to REACH his hidden power, as well as give him a nudge beyond his current level. Then again, the series was supposed to end with Freeza's death, so *shrug*
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    Wow... I hadn't even thought about ever buying DBZ just because it's so long. I didn't realize that the box set for each season was only $45 on AnimeNation. I think I'm going to have to buy these. Especially when reading about Vegeta taking on Zarbon... that fight was epic.

its 35$ at best buy...
    God's favorite ©

• PhobosPhobos Old Man with a BIG stick Joined: Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Master Roshi was always my fav. Always looking for hot ladies :cool:
    For you the day that M.Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life, but for me it was Tuesday!

" I perfer touch of women on my member ". ryuBESTman

ST: Ken, Ryu, E.Honda, DJ,Bison,T-hawk.
    Mvc: Strider, Cap Umvc3:Tron,Arthur,Viewtiful Joe Frank West,Firebrand,Iron Fist
    STV: Ken, Ryu
    GG:Baiken
    DS: Felicia, Sas,Q-Bee, DS2:Phobos,Sas

• Hydra632Hydra632 Joined: Posts: 464
    Just out of curiousity, whatever happened to the website planetnamek.com , seemed like it used to be to the place for DBZ info back in the day.
    Real talk no Ssf4 but pizza was good mad hardbody Im getting a little salty pizzas too clutch
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    :lol: you know I read it all and it still doesn't make full sense. I knew about this info before but no matter how hard I try it doesn't make sense. you pretty much have to use the terminator 3 excuse of "it just happens" and leave the explanation and reasoning out the window :lol:

in the final volume of dbz they said that kid buu was the originnal buu and he absorbed the kais and the last kai he absorbed was fat and kind and before that, buu was was a cold blooded killer and bibidi was able to control him

in japan i think there making a dbaf manga
    <---Goku's been through a hell of a lot of voice changes.

vegeta says knock you out lol-

sabat explaining voices-

dbzthe only anime with great english dubbing
  • Autocrat1Autocrat1 BRING ON HALF-LIFE 3 Joined: Posts: 3,408
    Full Metal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop would like a word with you.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So Vegeta vs. Zarbon is on the 2nd DVD set? That will take priority with me then....ah, well the whole Saiyan saga was nice too....I'm not sure which one I want first. I have to get both.

Zarbon = possibly the best "2nd tier" badguy ever.
    Zarbon = possibly the best "2nd tier" badguy ever.
    Captain Ginyu would like a word with you.

Oh yeah I went there.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Full Metal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop would like a word with you.

After hearing both the dub and sub of Full Metal Alchemist I can't imagine Edward any other way other than the dub version.

Same with Spike from Cowboy Bebop.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!

The fuck YOU smoking?? The dubbing in dbz is some of the worst I've ever heard and the fight scenes all sound like angry gay sex. The voices don't fit the characters at all...unlike Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Fullmetal Alchemist, and countless other anime.
  • fjf314fjf314 真・瞬獄殺 Joined: Posts: 1,147
    Just out of curiousity, whatever happened to the website planetnamek.com , seemed like it used to be to the place for DBZ info back in the day.

I was actually just wondering about that, too. I used to love that site, I would always go there to read through the synopsis of the series back in the day when Toonami only played up until before Goku arrived on Namek and I wanted to know what happened in the rest of the series.
    #1 fan of Guymelef of SRK fame.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Oh yeah I went there.

"My name's Recoome it rhymes with doom and you'll be hurtin' all too soon!"

RECOOME KABOOM!!
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    ^ :rofl:
    The fuck YOU smoking?? The dubbing in dbz is some of the worst I've ever heard and the fight scenes all sound like angry gay sex. The voices don't fit the characters at all...unlike Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Fullmetal Alchemist, and countless other anime.
    Best voices in DBZ Funi dub (IMO, compared to O.G. version)
    -Vegeta
    -17/18
    -Perfect Cell (props for changing his voice per form, too)
    -King Cold
    -Super Buu
    -Kid Buu
    -Supreme Kai
    -Trunks
    -Raditz
    -Zarbon
    -Tien
    -Chibi Trunks
    -Broly
    -Bardock
    -Krillin (MONDO COOL!)

Worst voices in DBZ Funi dub
    -King Kai
    -Goku
    -Ox King
    -19 :wasted:
    -Shemale Frieza (no homo)
    -Everyone else
  • goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    in japan i think there making a dbaf manga
    Debunked. Welcome to 1999.
    ...I'm going to go pray now.
  • Spinning BeatSpinning Beat Mr. creampie your girl Joined: Posts: 3,973
    Japanese Frieza>English Frieza

Japanese Frieza was one bad motherfucker. His voice be sendin' chills down my spine. Especially when he beat the shit out of Vegeta.

Is it me, or does Vegeta never participate in an actual fight? Either he outclasses the opponent or the opponent out classes him (exception to his battles with Goku). That's not a fight, thats a beating...lol

I lol'd @ Movie 13 when Vegeta came out flyin and get the shit smacked out of him. He was there for like 10 seconds.
    The most beautiful rose is cultivated in the blood of those who fall before me.
    SFV: Vega.
    3S:Ibuki, Yang, Ryu
    KOF 98:Kyo/Iori/O.Chris
    I play to learn, because you can't win if you don't know shit.
    July, 16 1991: That's when the beat dropped.
    CFN:weedandwater
    R.I.P Bankroll Fresh
  • crazymasterhandcrazymasterhand LAZERS PEW PEW Joined: Posts: 282
    I just watched the first 2 movies last night. Same thing happened to Krillin in World's Strongest (Thanks for the ending theme Rhio2k). At least Vegeta didn't get pissed on.
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,317

Oh yeah I went there.

Ginyu was terrible.

That whole little saga with him switching bodies,I was like DAMN WHEN WILL THIS SHIT BE OVER.

There was little stuff happening during that period,and you were just hoping that it wouldn't take too long for Goku to get his body back.
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
    Ginyu was terrible.

That whole little saga with him switching bodies,I was like DAMN WHEN WILL THIS SHIT BE OVER.

There was little stuff happening during that period,and you were just hoping that it wouldn't take too long for Goku to get his body back.

I agree with this guy. Ginyu was the dumbest member of the entire squad. Guldo was the most pointless. Burter was the ugliest, but ok as a character. Jiece was the homo. Recoome was the win.
    R.I.P Bankroll Fresh
    Million, get both uncut DBZ Season 1-2 DVDs. You can get each at Best Buy for less than $40 I believe. Vegeta Saga is dope. Nappa vs. Everyone was just too good. Namek & Ginyu Sagas are included on Season Two uncut set. Man, Vegeta does a lot of beasting on this set. Kiwi, Dadoria, Zarbon, all killed by the prince of all Saiyans.

Funny you guys started talking about the Ginyu Force. I just got to eps with those guys. Saw the fight between Krillin, Gohan vs. Guldo. Guldo looked like he was gonna pee his uniform. Just when he was about to off Krillin & Gohan, Vegeta kicks off his head.

My fav member of the Ginyu Force was easily Reccome.
  • WolfkillerWolfkiller Equal Opportunity Destroyer Joined: Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ginyu was pimp as shit when he had the old voice. After the change though, he sounded like a tool. Damn, reminds me of my AOL DBZ role playing fighting we used to do. Most of the cool characters were taken so I picked Ginyu. EZW for life, hahaha....
    Shin-Mech-Brian: As I walk through, I look up and see Chun-Li holding my son and she says, "arrest him!" Ronald McDonald pulls up from behind me and put me in handcuffs. I ask why I'm being arrested and he says, "I'm under arrest for killing Santa Clause."
  • goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    Japanese Frieza>English Frieza
    Somebody rep this guy. The Japanese Freeza is a damn good performance. The perfect mix of wit and cruelty, very chilling. Both versions of the American Freeza (pardon, "Frieza") sound like an old woman with emphysema.

Japanese Dragon Ball always had a top tier voice cast. The originally dubbed Z episodes had a few terribly miscast roles, but at least the actors were pro (and sometimes led to unintentional comedy, in the case of Brian "It's over nine THOUSAND" Drummond). When FUNimation started dubbing in-house, the voice actors were almost all shit.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,895
    Ginyu was pimp as shit when he had the old voice. After the change though, he sounded like a tool. Damn, reminds me of my AOL DBZ role playing fighting we used to do. Most of the cool characters were taken so I picked Ginyu. EZW for life, hahaha....

So true.

I was all hyped for Ginyu vs. Goku at first, then the voices changed and I found out he did that lame body swap thing. It only occurred to me, later that the entire thing was just filler.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
    Somebody rep this guy. The Japanese Freeza is a damn good performance. The perfect mix of wit and cruelty, very chilling. Both versions of the American Freeza (pardon, "Frieza") sound like an old woman with emphysema.

English Freiza sounded like he wanted to molest little boys. Thanks to the dub, I thought Frieza was a chick. Thanks a lot funimation!
    R.I.P Bankroll Fresh
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460
    Million, get both uncut DBZ Season 1-2 DVDs. You can get each at Best Buy for less than $40 I believe. Vegeta Saga is dope. Nappa vs. Everyone was just too good. Namek & Ginyu Sagas are included on Season Two uncut set. Man, Vegeta does a lot of beasting on this set. Kiwi, Dadoria, Zarbon, all killed by the prince of all Saiyans.

Funny you guys started talking about the Ginyu Force. I just got to eps with those guys. Saw the fight between Krillin, Gohan vs. Guldo. Guldo looked like he was gonna pee his uniform. Just when he was about to off Krillin & Gohan, Vegeta kicks off his head.

My fav member of the Ginyu Force was easily Reccome.

Guldo damn near shitted himself when Gohan and Krillian powered up. Even with his time powers he almost got peaced out by those two but i like the fact that Vegeta decapitated his ass.
  • hawaiigamer142hawaiigamer142 Joined: Posts: 614
    Man, back in the day...
    I was really into the Frieza saga. I remember it scared the shit out of me when 2nd Form Frieza impaled Krillin with his horn in an instant. I'm pretty sure my heart skipped a beat for the poor bald man.
    Man, back in the day...
    I was really into the Frieza saga. I remember it scared the shit out of me when 2nd Form Frieza impaled Krillin with his horn in an instant. I'm pretty sure my heart skipped a beat for the poor bald man.

If you only saw the TV version, it's way worse in the manga and on the uncut DVD's
    R.I.P Bankroll Fresh
    If you only saw the TV version, it's way worse in the manga and on the uncut DVD's
    I WANNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE
  • WolfkillerWolfkiller Equal Opportunity Destroyer Joined: Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    English Freiza sounded like he wanted to molest little boys. Thanks to the dub, I thought Frieza was a chick. Thanks a lot funimation!

Haha! Me too! There was a part where Krillin and Gohan are peeking over a hill watching Freiza and the crew, and Krillin starts acting all suprised. I thought he was gonna say "Freiza is a woman?!?!" or something. I don't remember what was actually said, but the way it built it up it made it sound like it was going to reveal that, to me anyways.
    Shin-Mech-Brian: As I walk through, I look up and see Chun-Li holding my son and she says, "arrest him!" Ronald McDonald pulls up from behind me and put me in handcuffs. I ask why I'm being arrested and he says, "I'm under arrest for killing Santa Clause."
    I WANNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE

YOU'VE GOT A HEARTACHE
    I've always thought Ginyu was a loser. I've just never liked the guy, regardless of who did his voice. Even though the Body Switch ability was interesting. Still, the way Ginyu was, I've just never liked him.

I'm watching the ep where Vegeta fights Recoome. Man, Recoome is a beast. Dude just makes light of all of Vegeta's attacks. Vegeta launches several attacks on him, finishes off with an energy blast. Smoke clears. Recoome is doing one of those gay poses and says "Hi." Scene cracked me up. It was funny how he fired off his Eraser Gun and Krillin kicked him in the head, forcing him to clamp his mouth shut. When Recoome turns around, he's missing quiet a few teeth.

Man, uncut DBZ is just too good.

Too bad those sucky newer Transformers cartoons will be on this Saturday on Toonami. Means they won't air the fight between Piccolo & 17 til next week. That fight is only 2 eps long, but man it is a dope fight. They should just scrap Crap-Oh-GX! from the lineup and air an our of uncut DBZ. But since I have the DVDs of the Piccolo vs. 17 fight, I can just pop those in and enjoy it all over again.:cool:
  • semijuggalosemijuggalo Joined: Posts: 577
    It was funny how he fired off his Eraser Gun and Krillin kicked him in the head, forcing him to clamp his mouth shut. When Recoome turns around, he's missing quiet a few teeth.

Don't forget that it came out of his freaking nose, too.
    -RIP Mom (1954-2013), you were my greatest inspiration and source of encouragement.
    -Never let the fire of your creativity burn out.

Japanese Dragon Ball always had a top tier voice cast. The originally dubbed Z episodes had a few terribly miscast roles, but at least the actors were pro (and sometimes led to unintentional comedy, in the case of Brian "It's over nine THOUSAND" Drummond). When FUNimation started dubbing in-house, the voice actors were almost all shit.

yea...u only listen to frieza in japanese...and its actually a male voice actor.
    God's favorite ©

I got out my Incomplete Cell Saga DVDs and watched the fight between Piccol & 17. Couldn't wait for it to air on CN any longer. Been a long while since I saw that fight. My word, that fight was full of so much beasting. I saw that fight after only being a fan of DBZ for only about a year and it blew me away. Even today, that fight is DOPE!! The manga version of that fight is good but the anime version totally owns it.

16: That's not Piccolo!
    17: What?!

*Beat down begins!!!*

Anyone remember the technique Goku used to knock Chi-Chi outta bounds in the Tournament in Dragon Ball? He just punched the air and knocked her out of the ring! Man, that was some dope stuff and after Dragon Ball, we never saw it again!!!

Speaking of regular DB, I really liked the fight between Goku & Tien before Goku fought Piccolo. Tien improved a lot but not enough to where he could really match Goku. But still, it was one of my fav fights in OG DB.

Speaking of OG DB, did anyone else think General Blue was gay? In the manga, Krillin & Bulma joke about him being gay. Seemed like he was to me.
  • LucretzLucretz Leon Lion would not lie to you .. Joined: Posts: 1,565
    Anyone remember the technique Goku used to knock Chi-Chi outta bounds in the Tournament in Dragon Ball? He just punched the air and knocked her out of the ring! Man, that was some dope stuff and after Dragon Ball, we never saw it again!!!

Was that the same technique he used against the Ogre in Hell during the sumo match-up after falling off Snake Way?

God, I hate Dragonball Z. >.<
    BP 2008 Grand Champion - M. Bison
    BP 2009 Division Finalist - Metapod

4th/40 in the Anime & Manga Lover's Association SSB Brawl Tournament at the East Midler YMCA and Recreational Center.
    My boy Magnetic Itachi thinks that Piccolo should be respected in the series for being intelligent and good fighter. He thinks that if he had vegetas power level, that he would be the better fighter. My boy also thinks that piccolo was as strong as a super sayain level 2 towards the end of dbz (which i think is bull-shit)

We always argue about this because i think Piccolo is garbage. I know for a fact that piccolo's pl couldnt have been as high as a ss2 because he got fuckin spat on by Dabura. I dont get why he even likes piccolo....what has he ever accomplished??

So basically is Piccolo wack? Yes or No (and say why)
    God's favorite ©

• eddymastaeddymasta The Man Without Fear Joined: Posts: 702
    My boy Magnetic Itachi thinks that Piccolo should be respected in the series for being intelligent and good fighter. He thinks that if he had vegetas power level, that he would be the better fighter. My boy also thinks that piccolo was as strong as a super sayain level 2 towards the end of dbz (which i think is bull-shit)

We always argue about this because i think Piccolo is garbage. I know for a fact that piccolo's pl couldnt have been as high as a ss2 because he got fuckin spat on by Dabura. I dont get why he even likes piccolo....what has he ever accomplished??

Piccolo is awesome imo. They really do seem to depict him as one of the smarter fighters in the series.
    GGPO: Angrylobster
  • AlzarathAlzarath Remember, salt is part of a balanced diet. Joined: Posts: 3,536
    Piccolo fucking rapes.
    "For the amount of new players who play FGs, you won’t see nearly enough new talent in top 8s. This is because too many people are bitches." - Aris

PSN: not_alzarath (East Coast) | @AlzarathEX

Piccolo is Akira Toriyama's favorite character, nuff said.

• Clear SkyClear Sky Wolf Shirt Joined: Posts: 3,301
    Haha! Me too! There was a part where Krillin and Gohan are peeking over a hill watching Freiza and the crew, and Krillin starts acting all suprised. I thought he was gonna say "Freiza is a woman?!?!" or something. I don't remember what was actually said, but the way it built it up it made it sound like it was going to reveal that, to me anyways.

That was pretty horrible, when that Namek kid was about to die by Freeza the first time. One of the most annoying grunting scenes I've endured for this show.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQA-KTzaPA
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
    Piccolo fucking rapes.

he had one good fight imo...and that was 17. He got spat on by Dabura....spat on guys.
    God's favorite ©

he had one good fight imo...and that was 17. He got spat on by Dabura....spat on guys.

Piccolo got jobbed like so many other characters in Z. By the Buu Saga, if you weren't a Saiyan or half-Saiyan, you were worthless.

I also loved Piccolo's fight with Goku in OG Dragon Ball. Both fights with Piccolo's father in Piccolo were freaking insane.
  • PsychoSquallPsychoSquall Hard-Boiled Killer Joined: Posts: 1,569
    I liked when he fused with Nails to fight Frieza. But of course he was still no match. And then he fused with Kami to become a Super Namek, lol. He was owning Cell for a while.
    Feel Invisible Matter
  • GC!?GC!? undine Joined: Posts: 408
    Didn't Piccolo have much more worth at the end of DB and beginning of DBZ? His last true triumphant match was with 17, yes, but you should look into his entire history. Gohan respected the hell out of him, probably just as much as his own father.

He probably wasnt ever SSJ2 powerful, but he wasn't THAT weak. I think he was stronger then any human (even Tien), but FAR below the saiyans, like everyone else.