Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,310
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    Ki Shima wrote: »
    you guys do remember the intro showing goku fighting Jiren equally with no aura right? :confused:

It shows him fighting him in blue/red/normal also. It's an intro, Jesus Christ

you're not getting what I'm saying
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,677
    you guys do remember the intro showing goku fighting Jiren equally with no aura right? :confused:

It shows him fighting him in blue/red/normal also. It's an intro, Jesus Christ

you're not getting what I'm saying

...stop trolling
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,626

Buu was in the intro and he's not in the tournament at all. It's just an intro man.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,310
    If goku later fights Jiren with no aura you can all make a line and apologise :wonder:
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • SagatryuSagatryu Joined: Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    using Youdubber I combine the theme of Last Dragon with a video of Goku vs. Jiren.

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=_fxE1psO3Dk&video_start=6&audio=FpSse2JXmHQ&audio_start=0

"you may have the Ultimate Shield , but I have the Ultimate eye , and my ultimate eye can see your weakness" - King Bradley / Wrath to Greed.
    Major spoiler out of someone big getting eliminated
    CRYING
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,730
    Yeah, I was gonna post the twitter pic spoiled, but then people will click it because spoilers are for clicking. Saying "someone big getting eliminated" doesn't help, but who cares.
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Must be Vegina

Said someone big
    CRYING
  • riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,627
    Must be Vegina

Said someone big

17 probably.
    CFN-Unlimited_RiBu
    Ed_SFV Discord: https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

ribu wrote: »
    Must be Vegina

Said someone big

17 probably.

Probably got disqualified then
    CRYING
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,297
    Must be Vegina

Said someone big

17 probably.

Soooooooooo gone from existence. Sucks to be 17 then
    NNID: a2handedmonk
    Must be Vegina

Said someone big

17 probably.

Soooooooooo gone from existence. Sucks to be 17 then

Worth killing jiren for
    CRYING
    What do yall think Jiren's archetype will be if he's in DBFZ? I'm putting 50 Bison dollars on Big Body
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,342
    What do yall think Jiren's archetype will be if he's in DBFZ? I'm putting 50 Bison dollars on Big Body

For what we have seem so far, he seems like a heavy hitter with good mobility.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »

'Good Mobility'?

For the guy whose entire shtick seems to be standing there and no selling shit?
  • R.P.D rookieR.P.D rookie Totally Destructed Joined: Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Alright, dumbass theory time from me: Someone from Universe 7 is going to declare they forfeit. How that would play out, I'm not sure. Maybe Freeza does it when he realizes they can't win. Grand Priest gets all pissed at them undermining the tourney but Freeza explains to Zeno they only erase universes who have all their players knocked off the ring, but they are still on the ring....so how could he? Such a crafty universe should be spared as it could only find ways to get stronger and put on an even more impressive show next time. Zeno agrees, much to Grand Priest's sneering and the other angels are pissed at a kink in the plan because U7 was supposed to be erased.

It's cheesy but that'd be something I could see Zeno happily going, "OOOOOoOOOooooOH!!!" Plus.....Goku beating Jiren at this point in the tourney is bullshit. I mean he's done so much bullshit ass pull winning since DB but even this is a tall order after seeing Jiren in action.
    "Come up in that fucken cornfield!!" --Rocky L Rose
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,754
    Alright, dumbass theory time from me: Someone from Universe 7 is going to declare they forfeit. How that would play out, I'm not sure. Maybe Freeza does it when he realizes they can't win. Grand Priest gets all pissed at them undermining the tourney but Freeza explains to Zeno they only erase universes who have all their players knocked off the ring, but they are still on the ring....so how could he? Such a crafty universe should be spared as it could only find ways to get stronger and put on an even more impressive show next time. Zeno agrees, much to Grand Priest's sneering and the other angels are pissed at a kink in the plan because U7 was supposed to be erased.

It's cheesy but that'd be something I could see Zeno happily going, "OOOOOoOOOooooOH!!!" Plus.....Goku beating Jiren at this point in the tourney is bullshit. I mean he's done so much bullshit ass pull winning since DB but even this is a tall order after seeing Jiren in action.

Well zeno bent the rules for master roshi's mafuba technique because it was "cool." Won't be surprised if he pulls something like that again.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,342

'Good Mobility'?

Once he stopped not selling all the attacks thrown at him, everything pointed out that besides hitting like a truck, he is really fast.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited October 13

'Good Mobility'?

Once he stopped not selling all the attacks thrown at him, everything pointed out that besides hitting like a truck, he is really fast.

Well yeah, but that's par for the course in DB. If someone is slower or less mobile, I'd be OK with it being the dude who's talent is tanking.
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,755
    edited October 13

'Good Mobility'?

Abigail style. Enough armor to make an RPG fan blush.

Edit: He can have Azrael's Growler and I'll main him on the spot.

Maybe some dodging counters, but that's more like Dyspo and UI Goku's shtick.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,778
    Well this was a mistake, fuck you guys with the spoilers not in
    this
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,696
    Volt wrote: »

'Good Mobility'?

Abigail style. Enough armor to make an RPG fan blush.

Edit: He can have Azrael's Growler and I'll main him on the spot.

Maybe some dodging counters, but that's more like Dyspo and UI Goku's shtick.

I mean, thinking of his moveset/playstyle would be easier if he had moves. Goku needs to get on his level before he starts doing things
    What is like $2500 a month?
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,626

V-Trigger Necalli with Abigail's Stamina, Zangief's command grab range, Guile's Sonic Boom, and armored crush counters.
    The One Puuuuuuuunch

Needs to be his level 5
    edited October 13
    Come to think of it, we've never actually had a villain in the series who is noted for his tanking abilities.

Sure we always have that moment where 'lol I just came out unharmed from that attack, I'm that powerful', but in general the villains have always found a work around when they DO get damaged. Freeza Transformed, Cell regenerated, Buu literally pulls himself together, Baby would body swap, Zamasu was immortal, and everyone else would eventually be overcome by Goku....usually pulling something from his ass, not having any special defense acclaim. The closest we ever got was Super 17, and even then it was a special ability, rather than Jiren just not giving a shit.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,120 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What does tanking mean to you bro because um.....
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    edited October 14
    What does tanking mean to you bro because um.....

Someone whose entire goal is to take and subsequently shrug off damage. Not to be confused with having a defensive power(Regen, Healing, Immortality, Energy Absorption), but choosing defense as a main combat strategy. Kale, for example, no sells/sold pretty fucking hard in her Berserker state, but it's clear that is just an unintentional enabler to her grappler-esc, highly offensive style. Jiren intentionally stands there, takes everything thrown his way, goes 'Ya done?' and THEN attacks
    edited October 14
    Also Jiren is a hero, he is the most powerful pride trooper and the spirit bomb would not have effected him for being of pure heart

Goku is playing the villain here and the other universes see it no other way
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,793
    dab00g wrote: »
    Also Jiren is a hero, he is the most powerful pride trooper and the spirit bomb would not have effected him for being of pure heart

Do motherfuckers not read shit?

The Genki Dama/Spirit Bomb requires a pure heart to create and deflect it, but ain't nothing keeping a fully formed one from blowing your ass up.

The Spirit Bomb failed for the same reason it always does- Artificial drama and tension.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    But jiren did deflect a fully formed one
    po pimpus wrote: »

Do motherfuckers not read shit?

The Genki Dama/Spirit Bomb requires a pure heart to create and deflect it, but ain't nothing keeping a fully formed one from blowing your ass up.

The Spirit Bomb failed for the same reason it always does- Artificial drama and tension.

To be fair, everytime the Spirit Bomb failed it still did a good chunk of damage to the target. Jiren is the only person to thus far walk away unscathed from a Spirit Bomb.......mostly on account of not being hit by the thing.
    But jiren did deflect a fully formed one

And Kid Buu was almost able to push one back at Goku. Does Kid Buu have a Pure heart?

inb4 'He sure does! Pure Chaos!'
    DBZ has turned Goku into Roman Reigns with Jiren getting that Braun treatment

Watch as Vegetta, Goku, and Hit go shield on jiren
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,218
    After a long hiatus from anime, I've got hooked on this and updated from the Frieza's resurrection arc up to the current episode. Quite fun, good to have this "OMG I should go to sleep but can't wait to watch the next episode" feeling back.

Minor issue: I find Mafuuba to be quite funny: being defeated by it is total humilliation, being gone deprived of the glory of at least succumbing to greater power, it is like training for weeks with your zoning-footsie main only to lose in the first match against gimmicky online tactics. It would have been memorable if Frost had effectively knocked out Vegeta out by tossing the jar out of the battlefield but sadly wasn't meant to be. At least he got mad salty for falling into it.

As of now the arc has reached a climatic point from which what follows could be either extremely good or quite boring:

What I want: Goku gets effectively KO after and admittedly good showing. While Hit, who is no slouch, gets into a stalemate with Jiren, we get to see a bunch of chapters where Vegeta, Frieza and Android 17 show their badassery at taking down the rest of the strong ontenders. Extra points if Frieza gives Caulifla and Kale a good beating.

What we could get: everyone plays the jobber as Jiren anticlimatically takes out the rest of Universe 6 and 7's members without sweating a drop and Goku regains strenght out of nowhere to pull out the new transformation without external help and fights and defeats Jiren after a 1 on 1 battle encompassing like 4 chapters.

It's quite bad that they suggest Jiren and transformed Goku are on the same level as the Hakaishin. One would believe they had learned their lesson about the DBZ syndrome. If so, we would run out of credible villains and the series could be nearing is end. Hope for the best, though.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,754
    edited October 14
    javert wrote: »
    After a long hiatus from anime, I've got hooked on this and updated from the Frieza's resurrection arc up to the current episode. Quite fun, good to have this "OMG I should go to sleep but can't wait to watch the next episode" feeling back.

Minor issue: I find Mafuuba to be quite funny: being defeated by it is total humilliation, being gone deprived of the glory of at least succumbing to greater power, it is like training for weeks with your zoning-footsie main only to lose in the first match against gimmicky online tactics. It would have been memorable if Frost had effectively knocked out Vegeta out by tossing the jar out of the battlefield but sadly wasn't meant to be. At least he got mad salty for falling into it.

As of now the arc has reached a climatic point from which what follows could be either extremely good or quite boring:

What I want: Goku gets effectively KO after and admittedly good showing. While Hit, who is no slouch, gets into a stalemate with Jiren, we get to see a bunch of chapters where Vegeta, Frieza and Android 17 show their badassery at taking down the rest of the strong ontenders. Extra points if Frieza kills caliuflower and kale.

What we could get: everyone plays the jobber as Jiren anticlimatically takes out the rest of Universe 6 and 7's members without sweating a drop and Goku regains strenght out of nowhere to pull out the new transformation without external help and fights and defeats Jiren after a 1 on 1 battle encompassing like 4 chapters.

It's quite bad that they suggest Jiren and transformed Goku are on the same level as the Hakaishin. One would believe they had learned their lesson about the DBZ syndrome. If so, we would run out of credible villains and the series could be nearing is end. Hope for the best, though.

Couple things,

I had the exact feeling when I was watching ZOE dolores the first time through very recently (loved it.) I'm on my second watch through right now.

I wish it would happen because I wanna see the "it's cool because I said it was cool how he killed them. I'll erase your universe otherwise if you disagree with me. :)'

You know it's gonabe a goku vs jiren. That much is certain. But the better question is...what's gona happen to everyone else?