Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,012
    edited November 13
    "Migatte no Gokui" is hard to translate because it can mean a lot of things in other languages.

It's most commonly used to describe a state of "removing one's ego" or a lack of self-awareness... Much like what Whis was trying to teach Goku and Vegeta in "Resurrection F", it's a state of being in which one's body reacts on its own, allowing a person to focus all their immediate thought on strategy or reading the opponent.

Basically a lot of words to describe being in the zone, or a hot shooting streak in basketball.
    Post edited by po pimpus on
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 521
    edited November 13
    Hecatom wrote: »
    So, who thinks that the SSJ White will be a thing on the next arc?

Nah, Gohan will get it during the latter end of this arc.

Some fighter from another universe will fuck with his emotions, causing Gohan's rage from the end of the Cell saga to surface, ass pulling Super Saiyan Rage (much like Future Trunks), and somehow stacking his Ultimate form on top of that to make Super Saiyan White; a Gohan exclusive transformation.

But only in the dreams of Gohan fanboys though :lol:
    Rip sig.
  • R.P.D rookieR.P.D rookie Totally Destructed Joined: Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 13
    Weird that Kefla didn't go SSJ3 for her "all out". Next ep preview shows her getting wrecked. You'd figure with Kale's bottomless Broly-esque power and Caulifa's genius ability to level up her super saiyan, it would've been easy street blending the two.
    "Come up in that fucken cornfield!!" --Rocky L Rose
  • R.P.D rookieR.P.D rookie Totally Destructed Joined: Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 13
    Weird that Kefla didn't go SSJ3 for her "all out". Next ep preview shows her getting wrecked. You'd figure with Kale's bottomless Broly-esque power and Caulifa's genius ability to level up her super saiyan, it would've been easy street blending the two.

Why on earth would you want to SSJ3? The form is shit.

Besides, channeling Berserker would be more powerful than SSJ3, which is what she did.

Maybe for a U7 Saiyan but who knows for a saiyan from U6? May not be a stamina drain for them. Why even mention it to Caulifa and then have Goku show it if it's not making some kind of comeback.
    "Come up in that fucken cornfield!!" --Rocky L Rose
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,739
    edited November 13

Besides, channeling Berserker would be more powerful than SSJ3, which is what she did.

Is only "shit" because it was never mastered like the other ones, plus they gained new forms that have better power boosts with less stamina issues.
    Goku's problems with the form come from the fact that his experience with it comes from he was dead.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,381
    edited November 13

Maybe for a U7 Saiyan but who knows for a saiyan from U6? May not be a stamina drain for them. Why even mention it to Caulifa and then have Goku show it if it's not making some kind of comeback.

Given that SSJ Grade 3 had the same drawbacks and the forms are following a similar pattern, we can assume forms are 1-1.

As for why it's not making a comeback, same reason as before: Ain't nobody who would willingly want to animate that hair. Especially in high speed battles.

If you want SSJ3 in action, we're gonna be dealing with RoF levels of animation.
    Hecatom wrote: »

Is only "shit" because it was never mastered like the other ones, plus they gained new forms that have better power boosts with less stamina issues.
    Goku's problems with the form come from the fact that his experience with it comes from he was dead.

See above
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,066 mod
    See we're so used to there being an emotional gate being attached to the power levels that we're morally conflicted when we see us undeveloped characters brandishing them with no attachment to the achievement. No one gives a shit that Kefla is as strong as Goku, we're just pissy because she HAD TO BE GIVEN IT ON A SILVER PLATTER BECAUSE THATS HOW SUPER OPERATES.

You're right man, I fucking hate how Super gives away free power ups, with no emotion attached to them!
    EgDGF8b.jpg

For the record I never said DBZ was any better, and the series most certainly started digging itself deeper at that point too.
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,455
    I ain't gonna lie the biggest gripe for me is female legendary ssj fusion named kefla not only sounds like fanfiction but they're drawn like sonic fanfic characters to boot.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,827
    Kefla is ugly
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,148
    Vegeta = Caulifla

Goku = Kale

Basically

Caulifla acts like a female Vegeta...
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,827
    I think Cabba is a mix of saiyans.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,357
    I think Cabba is basically no different to Vegetas little brother whatshisface

Cauli is def Goku and Kale being very close to Caulifla is a funny twist on goku/broli relationship.

What's funny about Cabba is he's exactly like vegetas little brother LOL
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,358
    edited November 13
    Vegetas bro name was Tarble IIRC, and come to think of it Cabba and him look alike and they have the same wimpy personalities.
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,482
    As long as Goku does that hell beast scream when he hits someone i'm okay. I just noticed that Goku kinda got knocked out and went into that Hajime No Ippo zone with green eyes that the boxers slip into to unless i have mistaken that form for something else i do apologize.
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,770
    S00perCam wrote: »
    I loved seeing some of that old ruthless Gohan in this last episode too when he just stomped the namekians arms off reminded me of when he handled the cell jrs back in the cell arc

He can just flick his finger on the namekian and his arm will break. Hell Jiren can probably break it with his glare.
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,006
    Nameks are made of the same things mortal kombat characters are hence easily being pulled apart like string cheese
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,051
    My only "complain" right now is the lack of ring outs when defeating someone. A lot of times we get filler scrubs getting screen time then they get OHKOed into rubble but never ring out. Like when Caulifa saved Goku from the robots, 17 saving 18 from Liveman clone last episode, Vegeta ki blasting that bitch from U2, Kefla just knocking away the Garlic Jr clone who was wearing the Potara, etc
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
    locoghoul wrote: »
    I guess we found another Po family member

Yes, because I haven't been making fun of these kinds of DB "fans" throughout the entirety of my post history.

Please get your shit together... That man is clearly related to affinity.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,051
    po pimpus wrote: »

Yes, because I haven't been making fun of these kinds of DB "fans" throughout the entirety of my post history.

What I meant was swap DBS there with Capcom/Smogon/Smash and those are copy paste your type of posts
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP

What I meant was swap DBS there with Capcom/Smogon/Smash and those are copy paste your type of posts

Still incorrect.

Not verbose enough, and he lacks my fiery passion, not to mention the utter lack of metaphors and hyperbole.

True, unadulterated hate is an artform... and I'm Pablo Motherfucking Picasso.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,144

Still incorrect.

Not verbose enough, and he lacks my fiery passion, not to mention the utter lack of metaphors and hyperbole.

True, unadulterated hate is an artform... and I'm Pablo Motherfucking Picasso.

Do you see this as a problem?
    nykpMf6.gif

Over/under on how long Kefla lasts in Episode 116? Does she get bopped at halftime? Or when Jiren wakes up at the end of the ep?
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,381
    edited November 14
    nykpMf6.gif

Over/under on how long Kefla lasts in Episode 116? Does she get bopped at halftime? Or when Jiren wakes up at the end of the ep?

Ah, an appropriate response.

90% of the episode. But she's gonna be no sold harder than Jeice, Recoome, and Burtur were.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,357
    Would be funny if Goku still gets stamina raising boost while being ultra instinct. Which means he will be dodging everything while resting to raise his energy

"The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil