Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,569
    The Gohan trailer was pretty boring compared to Gotenks and Kid Buu. Idk what else I should've expected considering everything appealing about him had to with his perceived strength, attitude, and general aura, not his fighting style.

That said, I hope he has some brutal one-liners and savage animations.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,513
    Freeza: "Oh, he didn't transform that time? Whatever, as long as he keeps winning." Seriously, the more this guy doesn't give a fuck about Goku's new broken technique, the more I'm dying to know how he's going to get to get past Goku and to his own goal. Freeza, my body is ready.

Why do I have the feeling that when goku gets the balls he's going to shoot him in the back via death beam, then take them for himself.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,408
    The Gohan trailer was pretty boring compared to Gotenks and Kid Buu. Idk what else I should've expected considering everything appealing about him had to with his perceived strength, attitude, and general aura, not his fighting style.

That said, I hope he has some brutal one-liners and savage animations.

Adult/Mystic Gohan has no real unique style to him.

He's just Goku with short hair in the end. He doesn't have any trademark moves or techniques and really only fought once before Super.

Great Saiyaman on the other hand...
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Like I said. This will be Dragon Ball Super's ending and Toriyama will laugh his ass off!!!!

hqdefault.jpg

But we already have Dragonb... a Deus ex Machina...
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,513
    Azure wrote: »
    Like I said. This will be Dragon Ball Super's ending and Toriyama will laugh his ass off!!!!

hqdefault.jpg

But we already have Dragonb... a Deus ex Machina...

Nothing stopping history from repeating itself!

It won't be goku, it will be beerus who wakes up then tells whis of how he witnessed a SSG, black, top and frieza's resurrection. Then talks to the oracle fish and finds out it was all just superstitious nonsense.

• HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,698
    Wish they wouldve gave Adult Gohan a few of his new attacks from Super to make he stand out a bit more (like that sparkle bomb thing he used on Tien). Oh well

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • CrimsonMoonMistCrimsonMoonMist Joined: Posts: 490
    Wasted wrote: »
    Adult/Mystic Gohan has no real unique style to him.

He's just Goku with short hair in the end. He doesn't have any trademark moves or techniques and really only fought once before Super.

Great Saiyaman on the other hand...

I always remembered his fight in Z fondly because he forevent throwing out Ki blasts in favor of fast and savage physical strikes that actually made his transformation feel like more than just a general power increase.
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,460
    Gohan and Gokus fighting style are very different though their teqniques are similar.
    Gokus go to is the dodge and wait for the opening, Gohan on the other hand is more of a block counter and try to turn defense into offense while (as an adult at least) using less strikes but more powerful strikes to be able to go on the defensive on the fly when the situation calls. Gohan more or less sits in the pocket and plays jab range footsies fishing for counterhits. Goku being a dodge counter guy,
    finds an opening goes on offensive till he gets blown up he's always trying to put someone in the vortex or tod combo them. All in all its a stupid over simplification but.

TLDR;
    Goku is like Ken, Gohan is like Ryu. Similar but not reallt if you know about nuances in fighting.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 454

hqdefault.jpg

And it will be kid Goku from Dragon Ball GT who dream all this. Trolliyama will make GT canon and laugh his ass off.
    Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Mains: Dragunov and Devil Jim Second: Josie
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,867
    Freeza: "Oh, he didn't transform that time? Whatever, as long as he keeps winning." Seriously, the more this guy doesn't give a fuck about Goku's new broken technique, the more I'm dying to know how he's going to get to get past Goku and to his own goal. Freeza, my body is ready.

Why do I have the feeling that when goku gets the balls he's going to shoot him in the back via death beam, then take them for himself.

I don't think Beerus or Whis would let that shit fly. Whis is the one translating the wishes anyway and no one from U7 can bully him AFAIK. I also don't think Frieza has any food to convince them with either.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,698
    Its like Vegeta has progressed so far character development wise, but has almost completely regressed as a fighter. Tired Goku pulling out all kinds of tricks and evolving, Vegeta just as braindead

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,896

I don't think Beerus or Whis would let that shit fly. Whis is the one translating the wishes anyway and no one from U7 can bully him AFAIK. I also don't think Frieza has any food to convince them with either.
    Being as badly written as he always is, and getting all the asspulls he always gets, he's gonna somehow know the language of the Gods or something stupid like that.
  • Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 925
    Isn't it just backwards speak or something similar?
    Time lost can never be retrieved.
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,474
    edited December 6
    Dracula_X wrote: »
    Isn't it just backwards speak or something similar?

Yup. Still enough of a barrier to avoid shouting a wish out. It'd be the difference between someone speaking the native language and someone using an English-Language dictionary. And that's with the benefit of knowing that you NEED to use the language
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,254
    Major spoilers are out fam. Be warned.
    Them spoilers.
    j5FugBF.png

f2MHDq6.png

NKQM7fR.png
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,460
    Gohan goku fusion vs jiren calling it now
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
    Go team robo. Rooting for ya.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,406
    S00perCam wrote: »
    Gohan goku fusion vs jiren calling it now

See, first Gokhan convert right here :rofl:
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,849
    edited December 7
    That ep122 title.

Ahh well sweet prince, it was fun while it lasted :(
    He gonna get bodied back into a monkey.

i seem to recall people requesting a return of the ONE PUNCH!!!! turn around, no look bad-assery and seems like vegeta is on the chopping block
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,199
    edited December 7
    affinity wrote: »
    U7 could get more warriors eliminated next episode. there's those stealth people.
    18 and 17 are probably next, and maybe Piccolo since he already had his highlight.
    and they gotta introduce the ultimate U3 and U4 super warriors, take care of that, then U11 to deal with.
    and then they gotta resolve the whole angels thing, Super Dragon Balls.

not sure if they will just leave the angels as is. things gotta change for the better. a reform, new leadership, etc

and with Goku getting so much stronger, Grand Priest isnt gonna leave things as is, and even if the universes are restored,
    a war with the angels gotta happen, which they might save for a new series, or really fast paced progression happens in 5 remaining Super episodes after the tournament.

So whis will be satan here rebelling against god? Or is it grand priest is satan with an angel army?

I also want to say i want hit, jiren, toppo, dyspo, 17, zamasu/black, beerus, and monaka

Even if it's vegetta jobbing. The One PUUUUUUUNCH is the dopest move. Jiren's level 3 better be the one puuuuuuuunch.
    Ratings are already tanking like hell. They won't drop the most popular character without at least giving him the Ultra Instinct. Would have been funny to see Japan's reaction to the massive asspull that was Freezer destroying earth, like, Vegeta could have at least killed the fuck while it was exploding, but he became a brainlet.
  • VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 790
    Sounds like the tournament is nearing it's end.
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,923
    Leon63 wrote: »
    Ratings are already tanking like hell. They won't drop the most popular character without at least giving him the Ultra Instinct. Would have been funny to see Japan's reaction to the massive asspull that was Freezer destroying earth, like, Vegeta could have at least killed the fuck while it was exploding, but he became a brainlet.

Japan fanbase must have really tiny attention spans, cause the arc is getting even more epic and exciting with each episode!!
    this arc makes the Sayian, Frieza, Androids, Cell, and Buu arcs look boring, shallow, and designed by a talentless hack. TOP arc is raising the standards.

I tell you, there's too many deadbeats these days. and I'm not even a huge Dragon Ball fan. I may like some fighting games and Xenoverse games and watched the sagas,
    but it's absurd that fans that been there since day 1 would drop interest and tv ratings dropping when Super is still rising towards its climax.
    like even One Piece can't compare. Big Mom arc has a lot of interesting characters, but barely any of them get any real action.

I mean really, even Disgaea anime would like to be Tournament of Power levels of epic, and Disgaea characters are more powerful than Super characters.
  • Autocrat1Autocrat1 BRING ON HALF-LIFE 3 Joined: Posts: 3,423
    maxx wrote: »
    I saw can't be very
    "Nani? How could a mere ningen master Ultra Bad Grammar Instinct?!"
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Autocrat1 wrote: »
    maxx wrote: »
    I saw can't be very
    "Nani? How could a mere ningen master Ultra Bad Grammar Instinct?!"

the keyboard i use on my phone has a weird predictive text. for some reason it'll try to type out half a sentence instead of maybe one word, and its usually wrong as fuck as to what i was trying to type.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Tyrant Sardines IITyrant Sardines II Tell me a story Joined: Posts: 2,609
    edited December 9
    affinity wrote: »

I mean really, even Disgaea anime would like to be Tournament of Power levels of epic, and Disgaea characters are more powerful than Super characters.

Laharl could body Jiren though..
    He is Shaggy Tier.
    OTT Movie
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Tenacious Disgaea
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file