The Doctor Who Thread

1333435363739»

Comments

• GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,399
    Moffat the new Whedon. Missy killing fools like a damn crazy woman. Cannon fodder not safe this season with her on the loose. Can't wait for next ep.
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 16,852
    SoVi3t wrote: »
    I need Clara gone. Fuck I hate her. Bring back Karen Gillan.

Clara's leaving this season. Gonna play Queen Victoria in something. Didn't say which episode is her last.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lol davros got serpenator aka emperor palpatine as head of security
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    Damn I almost thought the Doctor had fucked up worse than when Goku let Raditz live.

And what's this about a Dalek-Time Lord hybrid? Moffat, stop it. Just stop it. Bad Moffat.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Yeah i see this hybrid thing coming back to bite him in the ass. Sonic shades is going to be that new meme aka "Deal with it" shade thing.
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 2015
    GreyFoxx wrote: »
    Yeah i see this hybrid thing coming back to bite him in the ass. Sonic shades is going to be that new meme aka "Deal with it" shade thing.
    sorry i couldnt resist...
    rq3zh.jpg
    Welp. They're doing another spinoff.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/01/doctor-who-spinoff-class-announced-by-bbc

In before #12 makes cameo just to say "Class...", *shades*, "... is in session."

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Damn I almost thought the Doctor had fucked up worse than when Goku let Raditz live.

The fuck was I thinking when I said "almost"? I'm watching last week's episode and it just hit me. If Davros was dying, and his life is connected to every Dalek, then the Doctor gave them all regeneration energy for what? So already dying Daleks could do it? He knew what Davros' plan was and he just gave into it instead of just letting him die and take the Daleks with him?

Yeah that might actually be worse than Goku letting Raditz live. Damn you, Moffat.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I don't know anymore. I want to be able to put the obvious inevitable bullshittery aside for the sake of enjoying Capaldi as the Doctor, but Christ. I don't know how much more letdown reveals I can take.

That's why he chose that face? That's it?

That's what the GoT girl cameo was? When they teased it in a way that made it look like something else that ends up being all it was?

Entire episode just seemed like an excuse for all of it. I'm actually mad. I think I might ragequit this season.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

• BigDeweyBigDewey Joined: Posts: 1,966
    So...Clara Who?

Wow, that's actually not a bad way to end her character. She could still show-up for an occasional episode in a guest star capacity. I mean Amy and Rory are never really coming back, but Clara really does have a decent chance.
    BigDewey wrote: »
    So...Clara Who?

Wow, that's actually not a bad way to end her character. She could still show-up for an occasional episode in a guest star capacity. I mean Amy and Rory are never really coming back, but Clara really does have a decent chance.

I like how it was a big step up. Like when she past and then the follow up eps leading to this one was actually pretty cool. New Sonic and new Doctor. Granted i still have a soft spot for Rose and the Ponds.
    I gotta hand it to Moffat in a way. I didn't expect Me to end up being a more involved character than she ended up being. I liked her involvement in the later stories.

I'm actually annoyed by how Clara died. I thought it was bad to have her die as a result of doing something stupid to get herself killed. I mean if you're going to have her die in a manner of her being like the Doctor then have her die doing something with a real purpose instead of dying as a result of a bad decision. At least Moffat had the decency to make it clear that her death is a fixed point in time. I was going to rage hard if he had her come back to life and stay alive despite her death having happened.

That being said, the last two episodes (pre Christmas episode) were boss. Angry, vengeful Capaldi is best Capaldi. Though I mean, 4 billion years of fist-chizzling through a substance that's much harder than diamond? Come on, Moffat. Davies had the Doctor at the end of the universe in the year 100 trillion but your end of the universe is just 4 billion years away? Glad to see Gallifrey back though. Needs more Rassilon.

Figured the Christmas episode would be about the Doctor's last visit with River. Sucks, cause I can imagine how her and #12 could interact during adventures. But alas she's Matt's wife.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Oh shit it's happening.

http://news.yahoo.com/breaking-news-steven-moffat-leaving-doctor-who-222508976.html

But only a Christmas episode this year? We have to wait until 2018 for this? Had to be a catch, didn't there?
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 909
    Apparently dr. Who is being taken off of all streaming services soon. Wtf
    Time lost can never be retrieved.
    Yeah heard that and was wondering when it was going to get announced. Sucks thou no Who for about a year except the Christmas Special.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,817
    That was rather fast.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    New showrunner gets to pick his guy, just like how Davies and Tennant left together. It only seems fast because they delayed this season for half a year. If they kept the same schedule Capaldi could have done two more seasons, then he and Moffat leave.

Don't think I would want two more years of Moffat tho.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Any reason stated why the delay or just because of Moffat leaving?
    edited February 3
    I looked it up in some places because I wasn't sure.

http://sciencefiction.com/2016/01/22/the-doctor-is-not-in-bbc-delays-season-10-of-doctor-who-until-2017/
    Explaining why the delay, BBC1 Controller Charlotte Moore stated:

“I have decided to schedule Steven’s big finale series in Spring 2017 to bring the nation together for what will be a huge event on the channel. 2016 is spoilt with national moments including the Euros and Olympics and I want to hold something big back for 2017 – I promise it will be worth the wait!”

In other words, the BBC feels that the sporting events of Olympics and the UEFA European Championship (which could be akin to the U.S. March Madness and Super Bowl event except it determines the continental soccer champion of Europe) already boggles down the 2016 television schedule and ‘Doctor Who’ would get the best ratings if aired in 2017.

Also found this: http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/doctor-who/253739/peter-capaldi-thinks-doctor-who-is-being-neglected-by-bbc
    "The BBC is an incredible organization, but…sometimes people there think, [Doctor Who is] looking after itself," Capaldi said in the interview. "And it’s not being looked after. I think maybe their eye was taken off the ball, or the show was seen as a thing they could just push around. It’s not. It’s a special thing." When asked if he thought BBC was taking Doctor Who for granted, the actor added, "Undoubtedly."

Start the wondering about if this has anything to do with him leaving.
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 16
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,883
    I wasn't surprised they went with a female... slightly surprised they went with one so attractive looking.

I hope what they say about her acting chops is legit, because there is a certain level of goofy I expect from my Doctor Who. I hope she can that level.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • BR3N7BR3N7 Todays "fake news" is tomorrows "everyone does it" Joined: Posts: 1,906
    Wellman wrote: »
    I wasn't surprised they went with a female... slightly surprised they went with one so attractive looking.

I hope what they say about her acting chops is legit, because there is a certain level of goofy I expect from my Doctor Who. I hope she can that level.

I don't find her attractive and am worried this will flame out but I didn't like Smith when announced and he killed it. Like I see a Sarah Silverman killing this with comedy and sexy.
    lol that chick is def attractive. Lol my mom yelled out holy shit this morning over it haha.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,703
    Pre-emptive Saturday Calfturday

1118full-jodie-whittaker.jpg
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • ManxManx I AM THE ANCIENT. I AM THE LAND. Joined: Posts: 22,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Would sonic screwdriver them toes... :coffee:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,826 mod

She is good in Broadchurch but her character is kind of a fucking idiot. Develops well but holy shit.

I'm eh about the whole thing. Think its silly to introduce gender bending in a weird unnecessary way. Think its more about trying to have some weird argument than trying to write a good show. Hopefully they write a good show. I loved Capaldi but the material he was given did him dirty. He was an S tier doctor with C tier material.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    The Master and The General already set precedent for sex-swapping Time Lords.

Pertho wrote: »

She is good in Broadchurch but her character is kind of a fucking idiot. Develops well but holy shit.

I'm eh about the whole thing. Think its silly to introduce gender bending in a weird unnecessary way. Think its more about trying to have some weird argument than trying to write a good show. Hopefully they write a good show. I loved Capaldi but the material he was given did him dirty. He was an S tier doctor with C tier material.

is she from the american or british version?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    edited July 18
    British. The one with Ten/Tennant.

Wasted wrote: »
    British. The one with Ten/Tennant.

tennants in both lol.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Oh.

• SoftShocksSoftShocks Joined: Posts: 75
    Im just getting back into the show. I need to grind Peter's seasons to get caught up