Rugal stuff

SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,675 admin
Yeah... for some reason I felt inclined to fuck around with him again. I played him in C Groove like when CvS2 first came out... Yeah anyway

Pokes:
stand fierce
crouch fierce
c.forward
c.roundhouse

I separated those because the first two, while good, whiff on tiny chars.

AA:
stand mp
stand rh
Genocide Cutter... ha just kidding

General Combos:
cross up mk -> c.lk x3 -> DP+k
cross up mk -> c.lk -> c.lp -> c.mp (unless you end with a grab super there'll be a hole from pushback)
c.mk -> anything
sweep XX kick super
wall grab, kick super
Air flying down thing, kick super
wall grab super, kick super
second combo + wall grab super

air to air:
jump up fp - like pimp slap.

short jump rh = scary.

good pressure string do second combo into fierce Reppuken, follow it with a stand rh.

Tigerknee max range ADS. Pimp. Tricky though.

Do not RC wall grab all the fucking time. It's like Beyonce's ass. Everyone is looking for it.

yeah i'm too blunted fuck it i'll finish on this crappy character later

Comments

• The Game mario316The Game mario316 Back in The Game Bitch Joined: Posts: 876
    Why does anyone still play with him? Unless hes on K-Groove, he suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    "Originally posted by RandomNigga"
    "I got a grudge match for you: 50$, my dick vs. your mouth, first one to spit loses. Put it on any screen you want."
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,675 admin
    actually i was using him in K
  • MegaZangiefMegaZangief Mr. Endowed Joined: Posts: 298
    we already have a lot of posts on Rugal, and some of your information is incorrect or crappy...
    Magic the Gathering is better than Marvel
    For instance?
  • The Game mario316The Game mario316 Back in The Game Bitch Joined: Posts: 876
    Originally posted by Mummy-B
    Pokes:
    stand fierce
    crouch fierce

c.forward
    c.roundhouse

I separated those because the first two, while good, whiff on tiny chars.

AA:
    stand mp
    stand rh
    Genocide Cutter... ha just kidding

General Combos:
    cross up mk -> c.lk x3 -> DP+k
    cross up mk -> c.lk -> c.lp -> c.mp (unless you end with a grab super there'll be a hole from pushback)
    c.mk -> anything
    sweep XX kick super
    wall grab, kick super
    Air flying down thing, kick super
    wall grab super, kick super
    second combo + wall grab super

Pokes: Standing short., crounching mp.

That combo with his genocide cutter only conects on big ops. anyone else it doesnt work unless its x2 c.lk
    "Originally posted by RandomNigga"
    "I got a grudge match for you: 50$, my dick vs. your mouth, first one to spit loses. Put it on any screen you want."
    Crouch mp has no range. While the priority on it is debatable and I haven't tested it alone, I know that if you are playing against someone who doesn't have a ridiculous hitbox with thier cross up, you can c.mp as a "kind of" anti-air because somehow it lessens the area that Rugal can be hit with the cross up.

cross up mk -> c.lk x3 -> DP+k works on just about everyone that's top tier. If you're unsure about it, you end it with a roundhouse DP and it'll always connect because of the added horizontal range. But if you just really wanted to be safe c.lk x2 -> DP always works, since you have to be right in thier face for three c.lk's to connect into a DP.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, stand fp doesn't whiff. Whoops. Ha that's what I get for posting blunted. I didn't even notice I wrote that.
  • UCRJesseUCRJesse Joined: Posts: 1,109
    Crouch mp has no range. While the priority on it is debatable and I haven't tested it alone, I know that if you are playing against someone who doesn't have a ridiculous hitbox with thier cross up, you can c.mp as a "kind of" anti-air because somehow it lessens the area that Rugal can be hit with the cross up.

cross up mk -> c.lk x3 -> DP+k works on just about everyone that's top tier. If you're unsure about it, you end it with a roundhouse DP and it'll always connect because of the added horizontal range. But if you just really wanted to be safe c.lk x2 -> DP always works, since you have to be right in thier face for three c.lk's to connect into a DP.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, stand fp doesn't whiff. Whoops. Ha that's what I get for posting blunted. I didn't even notice I wrote that.

haha, i started using rugal last week, then i came here and read your first post.... it looks exactly like what I would have posted had I started a rugal thread... He's pretty damn limited..
    oh yeah, my bnb combo when i have k groove or any groove that stocks level 3 supers is cross up forward, low short x 3, wall grab

easiest way to combo that.....

kinda like with rock... easier to do short short then short forward
    <Viscant> the most shameful feeling in the morning
    <Viscant> waking up with a condom on and realizing...you didn't actually need it
  • Rugal 3:16Rugal 3:16 Weisinger's disciple Joined: Posts: 455
    Gave up on this character a LONG time ago.. as the Japanese and Blacknoah says, he's lower-bottom Tier in any groove.
    Kurt Buseik: I am a Marvelite at heart, and I like Thor. So it did pain me to see Thor go down. However, in the depths of my heart, I knew this was the way it should turn out. Not because Superman is THE icon, but because even a post-Crisis Superman would win. Many will bring up Thor's ability to create vortexes and all of the other neat tricks Mjolnir can do, but Thor's history is to head in fist and hammer first, and unless he is on the ropes, Thor rarely utilizes his other abilities. I did find Superman's recognition of Thor as maybe his single greatest opponent an appeasement in light of Superman having died at the hands of Doomsday.

"As for Superman and Thor, it's like he said -- where he comes from, the dials go up to eleven. Superman is stronger and faster, which is probably more about the scales of power in the universe he comes from, but it was enough to let him win a very tough battle. If they fought again tomorrow, it might go the other way. Since being more powerful doesn't make you a better character, I don't see it as a slight on Thor, just as the way things are..."
  • KataklysmicKataklysmic More Tigers! Joined: Posts: 959
    Why would you start a Rugal thread, then, if he's crappy?
    " Scrubs keep our community alive, not top players, everyone (even myself at times) seem to forget that."
    - Arturo Sanchez, aka Sabin
    Simple, I jut thought he was good bck then, then he became average, now he's so crappy that questionable Tiers like Benimaru and Yuri can easily manhandle him.

CvS1 Rugal was a little better in the end, even if he was drastically limited too..

But in fairness this Rugal isn't as bad as KOF 98' Rugal (now THAT'S bottom-tier)

PS.. Superman Beat Thor

PSS.. 98 Rugal was REALLY crappy

PSSS.. Superman STILL beat Thor!!.
    Kurt Buseik: I am a Marvelite at heart, and I like Thor. So it did pain me to see Thor go down. However, in the depths of my heart, I knew this was the way it should turn out. Not because Superman is THE icon, but because even a post-Crisis Superman would win. Many will bring up Thor's ability to create vortexes and all of the other neat tricks Mjolnir can do, but Thor's history is to head in fist and hammer first, and unless he is on the ropes, Thor rarely utilizes his other abilities. I did find Superman's recognition of Thor as maybe his single greatest opponent an appeasement in light of Superman having died at the hands of Doomsday.

"As for Superman and Thor, it's like he said -- where he comes from, the dials go up to eleven. Superman is stronger and faster, which is probably more about the scales of power in the universe he comes from, but it was enough to let him win a very tough battle. If they fought again tomorrow, it might go the other way. Since being more powerful doesn't make you a better character, I don't see it as a slight on Thor, just as the way things are..."
    That was directed to MB. But although I don't agree he is in the slightest, he does > '98 Rugal.
    " Scrubs keep our community alive, not top players, everyone (even myself at times) seem to forget that."
    I made a King thread too. What's your point? I can't make threads about shitty characters if I don't feel like it?

btw crossup mk -> c.lk -> c.lp -> c.mp XX Level 3 Gigantic Pressure does like 10000 damage in K. l33t
    I dont think Rugal sucks...
  • Hobo-JoeHobo-Joe Qingdao's finest! Joined: Posts: 173
    I think Rugal is a decent character. I still don't understand why people still obsess about tiers....
    "sonic boom, Sonic boom boom, burrreeeeaaaaar"- Arcticninja(nassim) haha jokes.
    Why does he suck? he seems decent..
  • GalzGalz Joined: Posts: 869
    I like him. He doesn't have the super weapons that the top characters have, but he's definitely usable if u play smart!

I use him in A and N groove.
    Buktooth's Rugal in C or N is still better than most people's Sagat.

Rugal doesn't overly suck... you just have to know his intricacies.
    i usually find myself zoning with him using Dark smash Kaiser wave and the sorry behind genocide cutter
    Go to Japan and find out why (he sucks), or at least play at any tourney where you have RC's and the domintors (Valle, Choi, etc.) in insanely high levels.

At least the Top10 evolution(or correct me if i'm wrong) player(no. 10) still has a Kyosuke in there, Rugal is nowehere to be found (I still think he's slightly better than Kyosuke though).

PS: Oh yeah Superman beat Thor :D

Originally posted by Rugal 3:16
    Go to Japan and find out why (he sucks), or at least play at any tourney where you have RC's and the domintors (Valle, Choi, etc.) in insanely high levels.

I like how you say this, but I doubt you've ever gone to Japan or played with the top players there on a consistent basis. Otherwise you would know that Yuu uses Rugal in C-Groove and that he is a very top player (Buktooth posted some of the tricks he saw in his Random Stuff I Learned in Japan thread).

Also, you would know that BAS was eliminated from SBO by (shock!) a Rugal player, and lost in several SUBSEQUENT tournaments to that Rugal player.

Rugal does NOT suck. You just have to learn how to USE him... something that US players simply HAVE NOT done.
    Originally posted by Gunter

I like how you say this, but I doubt you've ever gone to Japan or played with the top players there on a consistent basis. Otherwise you would know that Yuu uses Rugal in C-Groove and that he is a very top player (Buktooth posted some of the tricks he saw in his Random Stuff I Learned in Japan thread).

Well I confess it's from some hearsay and a friend of mine who's japanese (doesn't visit any forums though).
    Also, you would know that BAS was eliminated from SBO by (shock!) a Rugal player, and lost in several SUBSEQUENT tournaments to that Rugal player.

Two things.

1. So what if he loses to Rugal, it would probably mean he loses to other characters like Sagat that much more.

2. Maybe that Rugal player uses Rugal as the first character and a ratio 1 AND loses badly, while his other remaining characters (Blanka, Sagat, A-sakura) are the ones that polish BAS. that would still prove Rugz to be a liability.
    Rugal does NOT suck. You just have to learn how to USE him... something that US players simply HAVE NOT done.

Well in fairness he's "probably" the strongest of the Tier 4 group (King, Yuri, benimaru, etc.) but that's as far as he goes, and only Tier 4.

BTW Superman > CvS2 Rugal.

Originally posted by Rugal 3:16
    1. So what if he loses to Rugal, it would probably mean he loses to other characters like Sagat that much more.

No one is saying that Sagat is not better. I am saying that Rugal can hang with the top tier and that he does not SUCK.

2. Maybe that Rugal player uses Rugal as the first character and a ratio 1 AND loses badly, while his other remaining characters (Blanka, Sagat, A-sakura) are the ones that polish BAS. that would still prove Rugz to be a liability.

I know BAS. He lived with me when he was here, and I still talk to him a lot online. I was IN ATTENDANCE AT SBO AND SAW HIM GET OWNED UP BY RUGAL. The Rugal is the guy's anchor... and do you know who his R1s are? Iori and Rock. Are they top tier? Of course not. What does that tell you? That the guy took the time to learn his characters so that they can compete at the same level with top tier characters like A-Blanka, Sakura, and Bison (BAS's team).

Face it. You are wrong. Rugal does not suck. It is YOU that sucks with Rugal if you can't hang. Instead of saying that a character sucks, maybe you should look into the character's strengths and see how you can use those strengths to their fullest potential.
    Originally posted by Gunter

I know BAS. He lived with me when he was here, and I still talk to him a lot online. I was IN ATTENDANCE AT SBO AND SAW HIM GET OWNED UP BY RUGAL. The Rugal is the guy's anchor... and do you know who his R1s are? Iori and Rock. Are they top tier? Of course not. What does that tell you? That the guy took the time to learn his characters so that they can compete at the same level with top tier characters like A-Blanka, Sakura, and Bison (BAS's team).

Face it. You are wrong. Rugal does not suck. It is YOU that sucks with Rugal if you can't hang. Instead of saying that a character sucks, maybe you should look into the character's strengths and see how you can use those strengths to their fullest potential.

Granted I accept these claims of yours, It would only indicate that the player is good, one player in a haystack of dominators..

how often do we see Rugals as good as that one in Japan, or in the states even.. none.. so it's obvious that one "hit" does not mean the entire performance is not a "miss".

If there were more people in Japan who has the same Rugal level as him, it would be good for Rugal users (I'm one, that's why it pains me to admit that he's really not good, but hey it's a fact)

Besides if the player is really good, then it would also be conceivable that he's wasting his time with Rugal, when he can pick other tons of better characters like Sagat, Ryu, Akuma, Sakura, Cammy and the list goes on. he would be much better with those.

Also if Rugal's decent, why is he only Tier 4? And why do Japanese people consider him lower tier? (well if you have another opinion on his tiering I'll respect that though).

bahahahaha!! :lol:

Gunter just said you suck.
    Yes, we should all pick ONLY the top assholes in the game.. We should all base our character selections on the top tier! screw having fun and variety if you happen to like other characters! :)

C'mon now.. Gunter's just saying that Rugal is good enough to compete. (if you're good enough with him to pull it off)

It seems you think that way just because you read somewhere that he's a "tier 4" character. He's not top, (which is why you don't see EVERYBODY whoring him).... But you act like picking him is an automatic loss. Where can I find this tier list?

kcxj Dude, put the pom-poms down.. :)
    I don't know where you are getting this "Tier 4" crap from, but you're obviously being given false information SOMEWHERE.

No one is saying Rugal is top tier. So stop saying stupid stuff where you compare Rugal to the top tier. The top tier IS better. That is a fact. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE TOP TIER.

The definition of a middle tier character is that they may do well against but cannot beat the top tier (if they do well, they are "upper-middle") and they do well against and/or beat other middle tiers. They beat the lower tier characters. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE MIDDLE TIER.

Lower tier characters have trouble against most of the cast, but they can beat other characters in their lower tier.

And then there's Kyosuke, who is in the bottom tier all by himself.

There are no set limitations for tiers. In A2, it was the Big Four of Ryu, Ken, Chun, and Rose... but in CvS1, it was Nakoruru and Guile dominating the remainder of the cast when teamed with powerful R1s. So there's no set number of how many characters to put in each tier.

There's a consensus within top players in Japan that A-Sakura is the best character in the game. However, based on SBO qualifier results (the only national tournament ANYWHERE with constant team/character record-keeping), she was tied for FIFTH most-used in the game (for the record, it was C-Sagat at 1, A-Bison at 2, A-Blanka at 3, K-Sagat at 4, and K-Cammy also tied for 5th). Nowhere in the top five does C-Chun appear, but anyone can tell you that C-Chun is top tier. C-Guile is 14th on the list (actually tied with K-Blanka for 13th), but we know that he is top tier also.

Taking the data without groove-specifics, Sakura and Guile don't change in the rankings at all (although Chun moves up). However, Geese and Rolento are among the characters that move above Guile.

Vega, a character the US deems top tier, is tied with Guile and Ryu on the non-groove specific rankings (P-Vega tied for 19th on the overall rankings and C and N had one representative each, tieing for 39th).

So the facts don't lie - top/high tier characters are not necessarily the most used in the game. Or in other words, the number of players using a character does not directly coincide to that character's tier. Just because there is that "one 'hit'" doesn't mean that the character is not good. Ease of use does not have any bearing on the character's tier. Tiers are determined by success when used to their fullest potential. That is the true judgment of the CHARACTER, independent of the player's SKILL (or lack thereof in the US, as you state).

The Rugal player in Japan that completely dominated BAS at SBO and in subsequent tournaments lost only to Daigo in his qualifying tournament (I don't have the official SBO brackets on hand), so he had to fight through the top players in the TOKYO area - the home of Amusement Forum More and all the top players that practice there. So his qualifying was NOT a fluke. Rugal, when used to his fullest potential, can COMPETE. He does NOT, in any way you choose to look at the data, SUCK.
  • ThaHungryWolfThaHungryWolf Pizza Dough!!!! Joined: Posts: 243
    yall are too obsessed with tiers just say fuck tiers and play. I use characters i feel comfortable playing with not ones that are
    "top tier"

I use Rugal he always ends up getting the job done for me as my first character R1
    TVC friend Code: 1849-3155-2091 : JCALI
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 11,560 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I used to play C Groove Rugal back in the day and could hold my own as long as I could get spacing. The biggest problem was characters like Sakura, Kim, Cammy etc. It seemed they would get inside the airfireballs and most of the normals either didnt have enough priority to counter the characters. Everytime I had success I was able to keep them away with a few runaway airfireballs, Kaiser Waves and crouching fowards into God Press. A big problem was I could never find a reliable AA as Genocide Cutter has little priority and takes forever to come out and his crouching fierce didnt seem to fair much better. Against guys like Sagat, Blanka, Yama I could beat because of the spacing. So how would you space someone like Kim or Sakura especially with no reliable AA.

IMO it seems Rugal's most reliable groove is K, the rage bar seems to add quite a bit of damage to his moves and supers helping to neutralize some of his other weaknesses, he can be really effective in K if used right.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • BuktoothBuktooth vietnamazing Joined: Posts: 1,713 mod
    Rugal definitely does not suck, and is actually quite the popular character in Japan. Off the top of my head, I can think of 5 really good players that use him.
    -Campbell Tran

as of 12/02/09:

me: did pz john ever give the japanese players their money
    bas: hahah of course no
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 11,560 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ??@?

WTF are you high again? Can anyone even decifer that.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    @?@?@??@B@?@?@K@?@?@?@B@?B@?@?@?@?B
    Originally posted by jae hoon

IMO it seems Rugal's most reliable groove is K, the rage bar seems to add quite a bit of damage to his moves and supers helping to neutralize some of his other weaknesses, he can be really effective in K if used right.

Lack of an anti-air is one of the reasons P and K are so good for Rugal. However, I'd give the edge to P because of the anti-air parry to wall crush to super combo. His wall crush is a very good move because it sets up his super, but in K he only has that super for a limited time. BAS found out the hard way that one foolish jump kick leads to over half your life gone against a charged P-Rugal. Plus, as Buktooth mentions in his thread, Rugal's dash is extremely deceptive. You get dash thrown before you can react to it (unless you're looking for it). Rugal doesn't need run so much when he has parries, so P gives him more of a boost than K, IMO.
    Hmmmm....

Well, lets just say Rugal IS a complex character... if your hand-eye coordinations sucks... he sucks! But mind you ppl who says Rugal can't compete against toppers (ei: Blanka, Sagat, Athena), you're DAMN wrong. Best thing bout Rugal is that he's one of the char. with the highest Hp, best against rush characters. His roll is pretty nice and throws quickly indeed. And in C-Groove, try using this old fashioned Rugal combo:

Cross-up mk, standing mk+god press, do lvl2 genocide heaven then cancel with air smasher light punch, then again do lvl 1 genocide heaven. =)

If Rugal's Ratio 2 and having this combo executed pretty well, i doubt that character would still be breathing... massive damage! But Rugal really have a hard tym on small rush characters... i dunno y?...
    I don't htink having high HP and a nice roll are reasons he can compete against top tiers such as uh.. Athena.
    This thread hit yet another low

Forgive my babbling, I was shrooming and I do strange things when I do that.
  • UCRJesseUCRJesse Joined: Posts: 1,109
    Originally posted by jae hoon
    I used to play C Groove Rugal back in the day and could hold my own as long as I could get spacing. The biggest problem was characters like Sakura, Kim, Cammy etc. It seemed they would get inside the airfireballs and most of the normals either didnt have enough priority to counter the characters. Everytime I had success I was able to keep them away with a few runaway airfireballs, Kaiser Waves and crouching fowards into God Press. A big problem was I could never find a reliable AA as Genocide Cutter has little priority and takes forever to come out and his crouching fierce didnt seem to fair much better. Against guys like Sagat, Blanka, Yama I could beat because of the spacing. So how would you space someone like Kim or Sakura especially with no reliable AA.

standing strong is good anti-air if you're zoning someone, if you're going to get crossed up just roll the fuck out the way or jump back fierce. close standing roundhouse is actually a dope anti-air but it's got really funny properties so you have to experiment with it.... and there's always rc godpress
    <Viscant> the most shameful feeling in the morning
    <Viscant> waking up with a condom on and realizing...you didn't actually need it
    What are you all smoking? You guys have usernames like Rugal 3:16 and KaiserGenocide, but keep going on and on about how Rugal sucks... :lol:
    Lack of an anti-air is one of the reasons P and K are so good for Rugal. However, I'd give the edge to P because of the anti-air parry to wall crush to super combo. His wall crush is a very good move because it sets up his super, but in K he only has that super for a limited time. BAS found out the hard way that one foolish jump kick leads to over half your life gone against a charged P-Rugal. Plus, as Buktooth mentions in his thread, Rugal's dash is extremely deceptive. You get dash thrown before you can react to it (unless you're looking for it). Rugal doesn't need run so much when he has parries, so P gives him more of a boost than K, IMO.

I agree about the dash though, it's quite good but you can't dash over low projectiles like he does in CvS1 because he hops closer to the ground, but maybe that's the trade-off.

Rugal does indeed lose his weaknesses in P and K depending on how good a player can utilize those block neutralizers (Parry and JD) but IMO he also loses his strenghts.

Rugal's best asset is his massive damage capability that can shrug off Ratio 1's easily (assuming they just stand there) and in P-groove you're only forced to use this sparingly because of the one level and the amount of time it takes to build it up.

Of course if your opponent notices a good chunk on super bar on your part, you won't see missed DP's, much poking (for fear of anticipated with a higher level gigatech pressure), guarding high only. you get turtled, and Rugal has to rush down and he CANNOT.

The Irony is Rugal has to zone because well, that's all he can really do.. and the sad fact is, he doesn't even zone well even against most characters (not just the top tiers) that can also have more battle initiatives (can turtle better, can rush better) and still can also zone better.

So true he may not be as bad as complimented by public demand. But when it's tournament time, everyone has to win, so everyone's best bet is to pick the Top Tiers..

I made a King thread too. What's your point? I can't make threads about shitty characters if I don't feel like it?

btw crossup mk -> c.lk -> c.lp -> c.mp XX Level 3 Gigantic Pressure does like 10000 damage in K. l33t

What did you think? If he's truly shitty, why should anyone give a fuck?

No one's saying you can't, bro, but if you don't feel like it,..... well, I'll not write in circles.

(not flaming)
    for the past 3 days i have been laughing at kataklysmic's avatar:lol:
  • RenegadeRenegade Joined: Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rugal's pretty good, but you REALLY have to know your matchups.

-Like who you can use ADS against and who not to. (Not anyone w/ a slide, low anti air, or a weapon)

-For instance, I think Rugal holds his own against Sagat, b/c since Sagat's so tall, moves Like S. RH and C FP come into their own.

-Rugal's Stand RH hits Yama's Stand Rh clean.

-Jump back fierce will smack alot of vega's jump ins. Try to knock his claw off with Reppukens or Kaiser Waves, then you can ADS (I think)

-Low RH actually beats Cammy's Spiral arrow, and if spaced correctly prevents her from getting into stand fierce range.

-Also, Rugal's stock rises when playing against A,N, or K grooves. You can throw out Wallpresses almost for free after knockdowns, and if they tech roll, it's wallpress->super. Goodbye character.

I played him for a LOOOOONG time on my main team. My main team was Iori, Rugal, Bison.

I figured out I had two characters that got trashed by Blanka... three depending how the bison match went. I replaced Rugal w/ Chun Li, and most of his bad matchups became good ones for her. Not to mention she lands damage often. Iori got booted when I got RC balled to deat w/ no meter.
    http://rvatournaments.com/

Your one stop shop for RVA, Virginia, and East Coast Fighting game news and tournament updates.

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Sagat is one of Rugal's worse nightmare's... No way can Rugal play an effective footsies game with Sagat. Bison is a very matchup for various reasons. Blanka is not as a bad fight as the other two, I say it can go either way.
  • RenegadeRenegade Joined: Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Heh.. honestly... I played RUgal for well near two years. The matches I had the MOST trouble with were in this order
    1.Blanka (slide, turtling, pokes, etc)
    2. Chun Li (SBK, Crossup, Jabs, Pokes)
    3.Bison
    4. then Sagat.

Sagat was doable, in my opinion.
    http://rvatournaments.com/

Your one stop shop for RVA, Virginia, and East Coast Fighting game news and tournament updates.

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Too many people on this topic obsess with the idea of tiers. In all honesty, sometimes using a character very good that is considered crappy works well. Most people usually only whore moves with great damage and priority. As long as someone has enough skill and experience to get beyond that then the opponents entire strategy falls apart. Rugal is a balanced character. He can deal a great deal of damage and yet he can be punished if he screws up. Most people who bring up the topic of tiers right off the back have never even played the high level players of the lower tiers. I personally hate when people hop on one band wagon to the next. Some Jap made the tier system for the comp out there. Next thing we know almost every American sees this and only uses the high level players. They download vids and try to copy the tournament winners strats. They are basically a scrub version of that player. They never truly understand why that player spaces moves well, not so obvious setups. Most of the players also say "I don't know why they consider him good, I can do that" they can do the motions, but don't have the solid gameplay down. You know who you are people !!! It this game would be gay like * cough * Tekken 4 * cough * MVC2 * cough if people just played with 4 characters. If I seen 1 mediocre Jin I have seen them all.
    In this case though, too many people just do random moves and hope they connect. Then they don't like the character since he can be punished. I am not denying that I personally haven't seen a Rugal player win any tournaments out where I am but who cares? It is a game, don't rely on other people's opinions. Just bring a lot of quarters if you get beasted !!!
    he is a bad ass

HEY GOO TO SEE SOME PEOPLE THAT LIKE RUGAL ALSO HE IS MY FAVORITE GUY IN THE GAME BUT IN THE LAST YEAR I FOUND SO MANY DIRTY TRICKS WITH HIM IT'S SICK IF ANYONE IS OUT THERE READIND THIS P.M. ME AND WE CAN SHARE NOTES AND I HOPE I HAVE SOME BEAUTIFUL COMBOS TO SHOW ANY OF MY RUGAL BROTHERS!!!!
    I fuck around with Rugal here and there, mainly in C groove. IMO, landing his dark smash (which is hard to do) can potentially with the round. Because after you hit with the dark smash, it sets up for several different crossups and what not. Like you walk forward a bit for an ambiguous crossup roll. You can walk forward and normal jump crossup for a nice crossup where its really random which side you land from your j MK. You can also go for the empty jump crossup. You can jump and dark smash again (if they do delay getup), you land. Some cool stuff to land Rugal a hit.
  • [K.O]Maeda Tawara[K.O]Maeda Tawara the beat by machine Joined: Posts: 16
    can you show me combos/setup for god/wall/hcb+P press (not the fury) ?
    i can't do it after cr lk-lp
    OYAJIIIIIIIII!!!!!

Gamertag:Tawara 357
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJoeHisashi