Fighter's History Dynamite thread

Comments

• LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    Marstorius is pretty bad ass.
    STOMP!
  • shadowcharlieshadowcharlie ★ஜ۩dip۞set۩ஜ★ Joined: Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    oh, i thought that video was going to contain those imaginary sets with MOV from Evo.
    obv the videos are too in demand -_-
    ...bbh your buddies never cease to amaze
    bust my gun at the sun just to sit in the shade~
    ἐξίσταται γὰρ πάντ' ἀπ' ἀλλήλων δίχα
  • deadly_magnetodeadly_magneto Underground King Joined: Posts: 389
    whoops. tripped and fell in the wrong thread.
    A man distracted is a man defeated.
  • CrystalCoreCrystalCore Joined: Posts: 455

new karnov sets

Karnov is badass.
    yall need to motivate zerp man, its been damn near a month...

=\ 8 months later and no vids. Thanks guy =}
  • geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,077
    BALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

How is the Karnov teleport glitch done?
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
    its in the thread earlier up, combination of slide motion and fire
    I honestly think this is better than ST.

Allow me to dodge the rotten tomatoes being thrown my way for a second.

That said; I like Marstorius but god damn does he get lamed out. And that old ass nitpicky charge system does not help him at all. I feel like a lot of his game is needing to use that Lariat to close the distance and not being able to do it as freely as I want to do it is a huge handicap. I like Zazie a lot and will tend to use him against fireball characters despite how cheap that instant hundred hand slap is.
    STOMP!
    Allow me to bump this again:

Had some runs with Marstorius and getting a handle on dealing with fireball spam. I honestly think his worst matchup is Jean the Guile clone. Why does his Flashkick push him back and keep him safe? That is a tough match. Ray is tough but not as annoying. I'm starting to figure out if I'm at fullscreen and getting lamed out to do the Charge Up Kick to close the gap and look for a fireball and do the drop kick. His mixup game after a knock down is really good. Just comboing off of the body splash into his running grab is an easy 50%... Almost 75% if you combo into Body Splash and stC into the running grab. Only thing I've got going right now after a knockdown is walk up, Body Splash (either cross up or fake them out) and if it's blocked I do crB into either B or D Charge Up Kick.
    STOMP!
    doing that up kick in a block string is a good way to get killed clown is just as bad as jean
    worst matchup is yummie for sure tho, its probably totaly impossible
    @Shadowcharlie Okay, then what would you recommend to do after a knockdown with Marstorius?
    STOMP!
    i recommend that you never end a string on block with anything but jab canceled sweep or jab lariat i also recommend that you dont do running throw from standing rh unless it will change the round since the spacing after is not as good as same splash combo ending with german which gives u a ton of options... theres a video of me playing 409 where i do a very small fraction of what imo is good on their wakeup
    search mikeboy karnov on YT
    edited May 2013
    Props to anyone good with Marstorius. Fun to use but absolutely not fun to play the fireball wars. Clown is fucking cheap.

Zazie questions:

Is Hellfire a good wakeup option? Does it work best if they're in the air, trying to cross you up, or just doing crB on your wakeup? Same goes for instant hundred hand slap (ABCD).

Edit: NVM. HOLY FUCKING SHIT IS stC INTO INSTANT HUNDRED HAND SLAPS IS FUCKING BROKEN! My problem is that I used to double tap my ABCD macro and the damage scaling would kick in.

I checked the SRK wiki and not too much info on Zazie. Kinda' shocking because he looks like a top character.
    Post edited by Louiscipher on
    STOMP!
    crouch heavy wont do anything against a real good jumpin, do the jab dp. theres a bunch of videos of 409 that shows most everything u need with him
    theres also a long first to 10 between me and nocturnal mars VS clown to show how much of a joke the matchup is
    edited May 2013
    crouch heavy wont do anything against a real good jumpin, do the jab dp. theres a bunch of videos of 409 that shows most everything u need with him
    theres also a long first to 10 between me and nocturnal mars VS clown to show how much of a joke the matchup is

Why the fuck is his Blanka ball so good?

On the plus side I was able to beat a Japanese Clown player with Zazie.
    Post edited by Louiscipher on
    STOMP!
  • yomipoweryomipower not a legendary game designer Joined: Posts: 1,167
    I was SUPPOSED to write some stuff in the Zazie article, but apparently never got around to do it. In fact the Matlok article I wrote could use some work too. But Zazie in a nutshell: spam ABCD (just don't mash it), spam s.LK, cancel s.LK into ABCD and sometimes into ducking, don't do random duckings and always confirm a normal x ducking into hellfire on hit. BNB combo c.LKxn, s.LK x ducking x hellfire, for punishment cl.HP x ABCD, sometimes you can link shit afterwards in the corner like s.LK x ducking x hellfire. Have fun.
    Yomi, which is the Japanese word for the underworld. Also a brand of vitamins for children.

Why the fuck is his Blanka ball so good?

On the plus side I was able to beat a Japanese Clown player with Zazie.
    its not good....you can down jab it with eveyone in the game.....zazie can pretty much lock clown down with out clown being able to do any moves...if the zazie can do dashhellfires, if he cant.. and ever does dashing, then the clown player just needs to do slow ball across each time and gets free hits

• keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,933
    since the ggpo room is gone. where are you gusy playing this?
    also is their any suggestion to get fei lin dive kick consistently?
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
    its not good....you can down jab it with eveyone in the game.....zazie can pretty much lock clown down with out clown being able to do any moves...if the zazie can do dashhellfires, if he cant.. and ever does dashing, then the clown player just needs to do slow ball across each time and gets free hits

Interesting... Because I was using Mars's bodysplash to cross Clown up and every single time a wakeup Up Blanka Ball would nail me. Does crouching A beat all wakeup specials? Because I'm trying that and the Chun Li clone and the Guile clone Jean were still able to hit me out of it. It also seems like they can throw me out of it too.

Why isn't Zazie considered top tier?
    STOMP!
    how about you read the rest of the thread. everything u asked is covered sometimes 3-4 times.
    keo, idk where people play unsupported roms room maybe? jed might know
    Well excuse me princess!
    STOMP!
    edited May 2013
    Well, I've browsed through the first 5 pages of this thread and I still haven't found my answer except that I see why Ray is considered better than Zazie.

All I asked was basically what beats what on wakeup (particularly Clown's Blanka Ball and Yungmei's up kick) and some elitist asshole who mains Clown can't be bothered to answer a simple question and directs me to browse a 20 page thread without a faq on the first page and I've mentioned how I have already checked the SRK wiki page.

I'm just amused that for such an obscure game some guy is going to play the elitist card and pretend that everything about this game is common knowledge.
    STOMP!
    stop crying your eyes out ~

'why is clowns blanka ball so good' pretty generic question
    All I asked was basically what beats what on wakeup (particularly Clown's Blanka Ball and Yungmei's up kick)
    not at all what you asked and now you dont want to read a few pages? smh

It's official: Clown players are assholes.
    STOMP!
  • geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,077
    Pick a card
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    edited May 2013

It's been known for awhile that he was good for over a year.

As for GGPO I just rename the original savestate to unsupported. If you don't have it you shouldn't of been playing 3s.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

Playing 3S in the Karnov room is a better use of time than getting pwned by game developers though. ;)
    STOMP!
    Achoo! *sniff*
    pig did u fix your joystick windows problem? u wanna get back at it ?
    i could always play, but the problem is that it don't register hands or fire all the time i want it to. not being able to get it out consistently, even though i'm pushing it really messes up my game. we can try if you want, but it won't be the same.
    nah fuck that then, we tried a similar thing with FS last time we played and it was just fuckin annoying knowing shits not working right. u going to vegas this year?
    idk
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Why isn't Zazie considered top tier?

Zazzie is top tier...

Top is lee, ray, zazzie, then karnov. I think zazzie might actually be the best, but he only abuses the game in the offensive mind set. He doesnt take advatnage of defensive aspect of the game like lee and ray who can just hold down when ever they are being comboed 90% of the time to make everything miss. So he is a little weaker then them beacuse of it. Karnov is worst of top tier beacuse his dizzy spot is very unfriendly. You can jiggy fairly realisticlly to get out of longer combos with him. But in general he still gets dizzy very realisticly from a lot of combos. Then next tier is probably jean is his own tier. Not quite top tier, but better then the rest of the cast.

Then samchay, and mizoguchi. Id be tempted to put yummy in here as in theory I think she is pretty good, adn I know japanese rate her highly(which is iffy beacuse arent really any better then americans at this game), but ive never seen it, nor able to make her that competent.

Then the rest of the cast in a jumbled mess with I think a lot of arguements for who could be teh worst out of them lol.
    edited June 2013
    cmon FS ryoko is the worst i would say its a toss between feilin mars and clown in one bracket then matlok above them also i think jean and karnov are in the same tier, aka like iv said b4

ray,lee,zazzie
    karnov,
    jean
    mizo

samchay yummy
    matlock

clown feilin mars
    ryoko
    Heres the thing I think ryoko sucks. But she is one of the only characters that can realistically punish hard to punish moves like say mizoz dp etc. A lot of abusable moves in the game you cant scrub it out vs her beacuse she actually punishes it. And of course she has the most powerful throw in the game. I actually think she would be a harder character to tone up if they ever balanced the game becaues if they actually gave her anything worth a damn, say a dash, a fast walkng speed good pokes she could possibly be pretty stupid. Shes terrible but its hard for me to say if she is more terrible then mars. I think mars probably has some legit 8-2 match ups. Theres just some characters that should never lose to him I think unless tehy just get tired of laming him out.

edited June 2013
    10- 0 zazie vs ryoko. 9.8-0.2 zazie(eyes closed) vs ryoko. also, id switch karnov with zazie in that tierlist
  • AVCAVC always learning Joined: Posts: 406
    Balloon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 1,918
    Ryoko probably would be pretty good if she had more range on her command grab and her Ippon Seoi was something like Ibuki's sliding move thinghy. If she could get around projectiles better she would be rather good, I don't think she needs a lot of improvements to be competitive.

As she is right now, I think she's definitely better than Feilin.
    edited June 2013
    i used to think so too crono but, feilin has get off me dps and MUCH better normals imo for keepout. ryoko just gets shut down HARD by fireballs, shit to get through rays bullshit u have to lk roll PERFECTLY not to get counterhit. i agree with SH that she can punish hard and like mars shes scary when shes close due to mixup semi handcuffs (semi due to execution) and throw cancels on her normals but they both get raped by upper to top tier because of fireballs and safe pokes. imo the closest shot they got it lee as a counter match and i think mars is better for that (i actually used mars to beat MOVs lee for that very reason). the reason i think mars is better: better poke normal range and he has the best sweep in the entire game far and away. sole reason he can even try to enter zazie land (pig back me up >_<;;)

i dont think karnov is over zazie because zazie is too safe, also karnov doesnt have safe get off me moves like zazie the bAHloooooon is not that good vs the top chars like, zazie lee and ray in order of how useless it is as a wakeup option. karnov is basically a rushdown go machine to me with mixups. hes like magneto but he has weak dizzy and has to really use the teleport and kick loop to do well, his AA is piss poor and his defense options suffer.

the reason why i would still say ray is the best is because he can do everything imo. if u can electric tackle, he can do the damage, hes quick with good normals a stupid dp a stupid move on block and the best AA maybe ever designed in a fighter . i mean shit there are chars that have 0-10 matches vs ray imo....again like it was said if they dont get bored of laming u out.

japan cant agree on mars, to me its dumb. yeah he has some random counter matchup quality to him but the guy loses to fireballs chars HARD. i personally believe his clown match at best is 9/9.5-1/.5 in clowns favor.

and then u look at clown....the char can not deal with any top or high tier chars AT all.....makes u wonder about mars and where he fits in. feilin might be even better if she wasnt so based on hitting c.HP to slide DP and didnt have shit recovery on air FB
  • Lord BBHLord BBH EASY EASY~ Joined: Posts: 1,136
    Clown vs Marstorius still stands out to me as one of the worst matchups in fighting game history, especially if you're taking into account games with "legal" characters (ie no ST Akuma, no Ivan Ooze from that Power Rangers fighting game... hell even then I think pretty much all of those ST Akuma matchups are more winnable). The only excuses for Clown losing that matchup would be if his buttons broke mid-match, his opponent unplugs his controller, or he suffers a stroke mid-match.

I miss this game.
    DON'T JUMP AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • CrystalCoreCrystalCore Joined: Posts: 455
    Random piece of trivia regarding Karnov:

He is based off of the character "Heart" from the 1984 manga and anime "Fist of the North Star."

If any of you are fighting game fans who have not watched this anime, do so now. You will see where Street Fighter 2 and many early fighting games got their ideas from.
    welp I went and bought a controler so I should be able to play again if anyone wants to try
    im scared, that i dont know how to run it on ggpo now without the room..........jed HELP!
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    edited July 2013
    Just need to extract the folders. And you can play in the unsupported room.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/b75a5kzwa5805ax/FHDunsupported.zip

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

thanks jed, thanks to you, CRACK IS BACK
  • AF THE NAYSAYERAF THE NAYSAYER Joined: Posts: 2
    Shadow Charlie and I were having desync problems after one match. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
  • AF THE NAYSAYERAF THE NAYSAYER Joined: Posts: 2
    Nevermind, I just google'd the problem. "Make sure that in 'Region' your emulator is set to 'MVS' and not 'AES'. Switching to AES is what causes the desync."

Any who, i'm interested in playing. If you see danabarros in the room, that's me.
    how many people usually be in this unsupported FHD room
    i have no clue