Fighter's History Dynamite thread

1151617181921»

Comments

• jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    Mame team finished emulation of the original Fighter's History. In the next update Clown will attack and Karnov won't glitch off the screen.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• hanasuhanasu Joined: Posts: 130
    Are people still playing this in Unsupported? I've always wanted to learn this game.

Twitter | Twitch | Youtube
  • shadowcharlieshadowcharlie ★ஜ۩dip۞set۩ஜ★ Joined: Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    by appointment only =\
    bust my gun at the sun just to sit in the shade~
    ἐξίσταται γὰρ πάντ' ἀπ' ἀλλήλων δίχα
    edited April 2014
    I updated my old hitbox script I never released until now. Cause it has projectile boxes.
    BHuNYcG.png
    hDZLtQT.png

Hitbox Script Download

As for playing on GGPO their is a new chat client that makes playing unsupported a breeze, thanks to papasi and pof.
    Thread
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/188587/cross-platform-ggpo-gui-client-for-windows-mac-osx-and-linux

Github
    https://github.com/doctorguile/pyqtggpo/releases/

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

jed whats up with the ggpo website, i need the client again and the site keeps getting blocked by my browser for infection or someshit =]
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,377
    edited August 2014
    If I'm not mistaken, Karnov can do jump balloon, jab, cancel into balloon, jab etc, until he lands right?

So why isn't this tactic seen often at high level against characters that don't have a good answer to balloon? Usually I just see jump jab, balloon into blockstring pressure.
    The active frames of balloon isn't invincible so any good AA will beat it.

• ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,377
    jedpossum wrote: »
    The active frames of balloon isn't invincible so any good AA will beat it.
    Is there any place I can see the frame data?

When I try beating it with Mizoguchi's close hard kick for example, sometimes it trades and I risk getting dizzied into death.
    I made a hitbox viewer and shown how to access the hitbox and animation editor in this very thread.

• dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You just duck hp it. The problem is you are probably doing it to early when the guy is still invincible. The mix up is if there is little or hard ballon because that changes how long he is puffy. And if you are mid screen the whole him flying over you to cross up sorta deal. Whatever the case its good but in a game where many characters have many good/cheap things its only so abusable.
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,968
    edited August 2014
    so maybe its just me but how good is Fei lin dive kick? where should I use it ( if can use it at all)
    Post edited by keo-bas on
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
    its not that good i would avoid it totally since im pretty sure most can punish her on hit also
    hrmm tried fightcade today.. for what its worth maybe its just me but I had trouble doing mizos infinite. And I can do tha tvs japanese with like 200pings on ggpo and supercade when ive played.. is lag different for fightcade I guess?
    has anyone found out a way to get fightcade to run more like ggpo or supercade? I seriously cant hit any combos on this thing, I dunno wtf is up with this thing. Again ive gone from hitting crazy combos in 200 ping with japanese to now I miss random combos with a fireball against someone with like 50 ping wtf
  • HyperhalHyperhal Ooh take a picture of it Joined: Posts: 1,871
    Fightcade's performance seems to be kinda random, but the guy working on it is always pushing updates out so I'm hoping we'll have a solid platform to work with soon-ish(never messed with the smoothing settings and I really don't want to try lol)

Yall trying to spark some arguments or get some games in to sorta revive this thread for a real reason?

S: Zazie, Ray
    A+: Jean, Karnov, Lee
    A: Mizoguchi/Yungmie, Samchay
    B: Marstorius
    C: Clown, Matlok, Ryoko
    D: Feilin

Thats my current personal tier-list lmao(play me on fightcade @ Halifax)
    The Mike Vick Training Camp
    http://casiocountry.blogspot.com/
  • MizukiMizuki ayy lmao Joined: Posts: 3,200
    I'm kind of feeling this imo,
    S: Zazie, Ray, Jean, Karnov
    A: Lee
    B: Mizoguchi, Yungmie
    C: Marstorious, Samchay, Clown, Matlock, Ryoko, Feilin
    www.twitter.com/thenipahhut
    hmm
    il use ><><><>< to denote the gaps between the chars:

RAY
    >ZAZZIE LEE
    >
    KARNOV JEAN
    >
    MIZO
    >>>>*
    YUNGMIE SAMCHAY
    >
    MATLOCK
    >
    FEILIN CLOWN MARS
    RYOKO

past the miz break, i dont think those chars can win against the top 5 (6). mars has an outside shot at lee and smachay.
    My tiers are the same as usual..

Top tier mix of
    ray, lee, zazzie and karnov, with karnov being weakest...

Then jean in his own tier

then mizoguchi, samchay, yummy tier mix

Then id say its a big step down and the next characters have a harder time being competitive...

Clown and matlock maybe are the best of them. But feilin, ryoko and mars all have weaknesses. hard for me to say one is better than the other.. maybe ryoko is the worst but I mean again. All 3 of those are gonna have serious problems vs some characters. Espeically mars and ryoko. I dont think failin' is as bad as people say she is, I think she can stay in matchs, she just doesnt have anything for her to win a match even if she stays in the match.

Id play on fightcade but I gave up, cant get fightcade or GGPO to work well what so ever since I bought this new cpu last year with windows 8. It just lags and drops to much so ive given up on games on the internet lol. Cant even hit mizo loop on people with like 50 ping. But I use to hit it on japanese with 200+ dunno what the deal is.
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Top tier mix of

Then id say its a big step down and the next characters have a harder time being competitive...

Clown and matlock maybe are the best of them. But feilin, ryoko and mars all have weaknesses. hard for me to say one is better than the other.. maybe ryoko is the worst but I mean again. All 3 of those are gonna have serious problems vs some characters. Espeically mars and ryoko. I dont think failin' is as bad as people say she is, I think she can stay in matchs, she just doesnt have anything for her to win a match even if she stays in the match.

Id play on fightcade but I gave up, cant get fightcade or GGPO to work well what so ever since I bought this new cpu last year with windows 8. It just lags and drops to much so ive given up on games on the internet lol. Cant even hit mizo loop on people with like 50 ping. But I use to hit it on japanese with 200+ dunno what the deal is.

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
    man I tried a ton of bullshit. I just ended up giving up. I dunno what the exact deal is, but I know I dont care about games enough to play through it so I gave up lol
  • JedahsMinistryJedahsMinistry BattousaiCV Joined: Posts: 542
    The microstutter ggpofba.exe has on many modern computers is probably throwing off your inputs
    Gettysburg, PA
    Netplay Poverty - http://www.twitch.tv/randomalt
    X-Men COTA and stuff - http://www.youtube.com/user/BattousaiCV
    Blurbs about games - http://twitter.com/BattousaiCV

Top tier mix of

FS, there is no way u can tell me that u think miz and samchay are in the same tier =[
    aka my list is better ^______________^

edited April 2015
    Samchay is a more solid all around character than mizo. Mizo in terms of all around game play I think is weaker than samchay. but mizo has random factor of high dizzy, and potentially big combo. But samchay I think is a more solid all around character I think if that makes sense. If he had a big combo himself I dont think it would even be a debate but thing is think about it this way if move samchay down. Then he is like close to matlock and clown and he is deff better than them so....

Plus samchay has good fireball compared to mizo and in this game having a good fireball allows you to bullshit vs weaker characters I think.

So basically samchay strong overall design of character, but no bull shit really in teh game. You can spam knee to an extent but the risk reward isnt high. Doesnt have a lot of bullshit in a game with a lot of bullshit no big combos.
    Mizoguchi a lot of shitty moves overall compared to many other characters around his level or higher. But high dizzy rate, lots of chipp, and big potential combos.
    edited April 2015
    well i would say that you downplay miz......he has an insane punch dp and has safe chip (multi) with blue kicks. samchay has a good fireball and ok normals. like u said the damage isnt there for him, out of the corner..... and i think his DP is aweful (for the chars above him) and unreliable.
    also i would note that thats why i think the break down is
    miz, THEN under him yummy and sam, THEN under them matlock. after that it doesnt matter really. but comparing how samchay does to matlock and then also putting clown in the same statement is just a joke. clown is aweful, matlock is actually playable (just ask MOV =PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP)
    try i tried to play fight cade for the first time in maybe 6 months recently. Completely unplayable still. has anyone gotten this to work correctly on windows 8 yet? its ridiculous . Guess ill try again at the end of the year or maybe when windows 10 comes out lol
    noc bbh karnov at evo?
  • danomightydanomighty WTFSRK Joined: Posts: 1,346
    Saturn ver. has game mode option. Overseas and Japanese. Any idea?
    I was hung over from both drinking and smoking yesterday so to clam down the smoking and hangover I smoked some more...
    HOLD DAT!
    Marn talking to Mike Ross @ FR14
  • HanzoHimemiyaHanzoHimemiya Joined: Posts: 28
    For this summer I think to made sprite rips :)
    ....so there is a discord group now it seems.
    havnt played really in like a couple years but I DLed fightcade again so im gonna try giving it a go, kinda had the itch to play games again. I signed on today and saw like 10 people in the karnov room, pretty surprising.
    Holy fuck lots of people playing when ever ive checked well.. at least relatively speaking.. Kinda makes me want to go get a controller again to try to play a little more seriously
  • FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    can I get a link to discord group?
    <<>>
    has anyone ever found a way to make fightcade work better on windows 8? Ive tried playing again and i dunno i guess i thought maybe something might change but its the same reason i quit playing years ago. Fightcade just lags and drops a shitload for me all the time. Anyone ever find out some kinda settings to fix this? I never really had that much of a problem wtih GGPO, and on vista before this. Thanks
  • graupelgraupel Joined: Posts: 86
    Went to a friend's house the other weekend, played some fighting games against my friends and I got the itch to play Karnov's again. I'm on Fightcade right now, but there's only one dude from South Korea and the lag is pretty bad against him (he seems to know his Mars, though).