Berserk Manga

Comments

• RyadRyad Space Cowboy Joined: Posts: 920

where did you get that from?!
    "El Niňo is spanish. It is the spanish word for child. Like all things spanish, it is dangerous" - Jeremy Lavine
  • SousukeSousuke Chinese Electric Batman Joined: Posts: 781
    where did you get that from?!

from skullknight.net

anyway, chapter 303 is now out since days and it is amazing :pray:
    風林火山

"the answer lies in the heart of battle!" ~Ryu
    304 is out!

G..O..D..L..I..K..E
    風林火山

• exarchezekielexarchezekiel G4C|Frankie G Joined: Posts: 1,523
    Wow talk about epic, also the preview for 305 is out....if that really is idea than all I gotta say is wow....Berserk is doing what it does best being Epic and keeping everyone in suspense and begging for more.

-EX :cool:
    LETS DANCE IN YOUR FACE HAHA IN YOUR FACE DON'T BLINK! JACKPOT! GOTCHA NOW IN YOUR FACE GET BACK NOT DONE YET YAHOO IN YOUR FACE LETS GO KEEPING IT STYLISH HERES THE FINALE! I'M GOOD ARENT I?

I <3 MomoChuuu

Follow @FrankieG7Chi
    that picture is fake.
    風林火山

that picture is fake.

XDDD

Yeah I just saw a few posts saying it was, lol effing photoshop.:sweat::lol:

LETS DANCE IN YOUR FACE HAHA IN YOUR FACE DON'T BLINK! JACKPOT! GOTCHA NOW IN YOUR FACE GET BACK NOT DONE YET YAHOO IN YOUR FACE LETS GO KEEPING IT STYLISH HERES THE FINALE! I'M GOOD ARENT I?

I <3 MomoChuuu

Follow @FrankieG7Chi
  • Tech RomancerTech Romancer PSN: Tech_Romancer Joined: Posts: 5,200
    Just wish the chapters were longer - its like five pages and then its over.

Damn.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    "Problem with Marvel is when you are not mashing you are losing". - 9thPixel
  • SanoSano SRKSANO on PS4 Joined: Posts: 13,032 mod
    Dark Horse drops volume 29 next week! :tup:

Due to Memorial Day there will be a one day delay, so comic book shops will get it Thursday. Not too sure how regular bookstores that carry manga work, but chances are they will have it by either Tuesday or Wednesday.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    dope! i don't know anyone other than myself IRL that knows about this series. I actually own the whole DVD set. The story is deep and complex.

Simply put: GUTS FTMFW!!:rock:
  • bbing51bbing51 Joined: Posts: 332
    I am glad I found this thread. I just watched the complete Berserk anime (6disc complete set) so for those of you who know and have seen this......my question is where do I start reading the manga. I cant just stop where the tv series left off....thats where it really starts getting good. Also what manga vols. was the tv series, and why did they stop making the anime series. Thanks
  • Moosh-QMoosh-Q Moosher Hellvig Joined: Posts: 157
    The anime approximately covers volumes 1-13. I wouldn't attempt to start reading where the anime leaves off though considering there are events and characters that the anime excludes. You'll be mighty confused.

As for why they stopped making the anime, I'm not really sure. I'd like to know that myself. I'm still hoping one day they will start making OVA's similar to the Hellsing series. It would be the height of too much-ary.
    5S, 2H, 669 j.S, H, D, 41236S |> 669 j.S, H, D, 41236S |> sj.K, S, H, D, 41236S 6 FRC 6 H, 63214H
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    @bbing- Read the manga from the start.
    As for why the anime stopped at that point it'd be for 2 reasons-
    1- By the time the anime was made it's possible only 13 or so volumes were released at the time
    2- Ratings were low
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    @bbing- Read the manga from the start.
    As for why the anime stopped at that point it'd be for 2 reasons-
    1- By the time the anime was made it's possible only 13 or so volumes were released at the time
    2- Ratings were low
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • bbing51bbing51 Joined: Posts: 332
    Ok I will start from the first Vol. Also does this series ever have a goal to come to a conclusion or is it kind of like Batman/Superman ongoing stories. After watching the dvd....I was pretty po'ed about what Griffith had done so I am wanting to see Gutz get into Griffiths guts.
    the story will definitely have an ulitmate conclusion, just that nobody knows how long it will take till the manga hits the final stage.
    風林火山

Ok I will start from the first Vol. Also does this series ever have a goal to come to a conclusion or is it kind of like Batman/Superman ongoing stories. After watching the dvd....I was pretty po'ed about what Griffith had done so I am wanting to see Gutz get into Griffiths guts.

There's a goal to end it but Miura wants to go on for like 30 more years, he said it's not even half way done a while back.

The anime was only supposed to cover the first arc. Anime tend to have set goals like that when they start out. If it would've been popular in Japan, it would go on. But it wasn't. Mainly because it was given late at nights in Japan due to violence and they changed a lot of things from the manga. Miura did approve the changes, such as Puck's absence. And a lot of things they can't show on TV even in Japan like a lot of the sexual content. They did push the envelope as far as they could like making the blood appear to be red. In a lot of anime at the time, blood was shown to be white. Seems like no one uses white blood anymore.

The anime is way more popular in the US then it is in Japan (like Cowboy Bebop which is why that got a movie, like SF2V which is how the first SFZ/A OVA/Movie came about, like Ninja Scroll which is why the TV series existed) so there has been talk since forever about continuing the series. Just don't hold your breath.
    Volume 29 - I never thought I'd see a stereotypical pirate in Berserk! :lol: The Mule vs. Isidro fight was incredibly funny. Isidro trying to talk with a big fat lip DAMN! :rofl:
    chapter 305 is out!
    風林火山

chapter 305 is out!

and slowly the wheels of fate begin to turn...

I <3 MomoChuuu

Follow @FrankieG7Chi
    風林火山

Wow talk about crazy never thought I'd see some epic shit like that happen.
    :pray::pray::pray:

I <3 MomoChuuu

Follow @FrankieG7Chi
  • EndlessEndless Death Before Dishonour Joined: Posts: 2,021
    I dunno... it seems a bit too crazy for my liking, but that's just me.
  • eltwopeeeltwopee Learn 2 Play Joined: Posts: 1,578
    I just finished watching the anime of berserk. A friend of mine said that I should read the manga. I've gotten to volume 9 now and I must admit the Manga>anime. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite stories. I had no idea that it is still currently being made.
    Ive been following Berserk a looong time and i actually started with the manga, due to my older brother.

But im taking a break from it for a while, it sucks that the-hawks arent doin the fanscans anymore and the evilgenius guy just doesnt have there level of skill quite yet.

But Miura's a freak i mean truly theres some sick god awful disgusting crap in his book even though its so deep and involved its also perverse and filled with pychologically evil crap but i gotta keep reading til Guts destroys griffith's freaky butt lovin zodd screwin homo rapist ass!!!

Also It eats me alive that Griffith's fooled ppl into thinking he's some kinda saviour & Guts is the only one who knows what he truly is or did. He even dishonored the true band of the hawk and filled it with gutless demon queers who r only alive because they were weak and scared to die so they sacrificed what was most dear to them just to save their own freak/demon asses from death.
  • BEWDBEWD 鬼の顔 Joined: Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Stumbled upon this while searching:

http://transgen.890m.com/forums/index.php?topic=194.15

Turns out Transgen(the guys who did that huge namco vs capcom translation) are now doing the berserk ps2 game! Awesome stuff >.<
    世界最強の生物
    FREAKIN SHIT!!! i coulda used that like 2 years ago, when i got that iso it took me like 2 days to translate the menus myself, but i busted that games guts out!!

Ive beaten it like 3 times and my Guts is pimped out sooo hard! hes nuts i easy kill mobs in seconds just like in the books its sweet, i havent played it in forever though been on kofXll too hard to touch anything else, havent even gotten to english dissidia yet oh well such is life.
  • The SwitcherThe Switcher FIGHT THA POWAH! Joined: Posts: 530
    Look a little further, and you'll see those dudes already canceled doing the translation.

Thanks for nothing, guys!
    A MONTAGE OF THE STUPIDEST MOMENTS FROM THE STREET FIGHTER USA CARTOON!!

307 is out. get it yeah!
    風林火山

• BrentoBoxBrentoBox Drip Drip Drip Joined: Posts: 2,926
    Pretty badass. Although reading berserk always leave me feeling a little unfullfilled.

Can't wait to get another 15 pages in another 6 months. Looking forward to it. Maybe they will actually have text.
    "Upback is the new downback." - Airthrow

:dp: We da best.
  • DaBakerMannDaBakerMann SHAKE N BAKE! Joined: Posts: 298
    oh man i just started reading this series a couple days ago. Its becoming one of favorite series but it has some really intense stuff in it to say the least. Once i got to volume 13 it got nuts.
    BACKBREAKER!
  • P_$m0n3$-YP_$m0n3$-Y Puneta Caguena! Joined: Posts: 781
    Gutzs is going to come back in full power maybe something will help casca! I rather him wait and hook up with Schierke further along the story. I still think casca loves griffth?gutzs and she might turn on gutz 2 be with griffth reborn. Just hate getting my berserk fix 20 some pages at a time
    SSF4 AE 2012 - Main (Dictator) Secondary (DeeJay)
    Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/salvaboricua
    Ch 309 now available @ S/N.
    Gutzs is going to come back in full power maybe something will help casca! I rather him wait and hook up with Schierke further along the story. I still think casca loves griffthgutzs and she might turn on gutz 2 be with griffth reborn. Just hate getting my berserk fix 20 some pages at a time
    i think schierke having a crush on guts is just a little fling, but if casca ever regains her memory i doubt shes gonna go back for griffith after what happened. Unless theres certain coniditions for how much she will remember when shes cured. Now that iv caught up finally i feel bummed waiting bi-weekly :crybaby:
    BACKBREAKER!
  • Hazank0Hazank0 Pagua Sonfa Joined: Posts: 1,198
    <3 miura

no breaks in the action, i feel like every other chapter is "out of the frying pan into the fire"
    Online Fighting games...no thanks.
  • RyadRyad Space Cowboy Joined: Posts: 920
    I agree with you Endless. I don't really feel the direction he is taking it. But there is no stopping now...
    "El Niňo is spanish. It is the spanish word for child. Like all things spanish, it is dangerous" - Jeremy Lavine
    I rather wait for a volume than a chapter. 20 pages just a tease like a girl letting you just put in the tip...LOL
    ^^^

THIS!!! LOL

I <3 MomoChuuu

Follow @FrankieG7Chi
    I rather wait for a volume than a chapter. 20 pages just a tease like a girl letting you just put in the tip...LOL

miura should just tell you his plans for the whole series just for writing that. :rofl:
    BACKBREAKER!