Comments

• DarthTreyDarthTrey Sabaku Taiso!!! Joined: Posts: 924
    Greatest line that never made it into the Anime

Griffith - "I want you......Gatts...."
    Gatts - (crazy shocked anime face) "Are you homo?"

I LOVE IT!!!
    Say hello to your mother for me.
  • G.O.TG.O.T #1 Haggar fan Joined: Posts: 2,164
    oh hell no. I'd probably be pushin daisies by then. Thats bullshit. Miura's bs'in with the fans I know he is...:(

DarthTrey: yes. that was funny. For it to be set in medieval times they sure got their slang right don't they? Especially lil dude that chunks stuff. Idro I think.
    Fight Fo' Dah Future.
  • soulbankaisoulbankai I can't combo Joined: Posts: 227
    Not sure if yall have seen this since it's a little old but this is the greatest Berserk AMV EVER! :rock:

Dang man, that shit was dope. I'm about to watch it again.
    If only I knew how to combo, I would probably actually be a decent fighter.
  • The GranbyThe Granby Magnetic Sarah Joined: Posts: 546
    oh hell no. I'd probably be pushin daisies by then. Thats bullshit. Miura's bs'in with the fans I know he is...:(

DarthTrey: yes. that was funny. For it to be set in medieval times they sure got their slang right don't they? Especially lil dude that chunks stuff. Idro I think.

Lol I guess it would suck if you died before the thing finished lol.

Hopefully he doesn't get TOO carried away.
    -Daniel Esquer
    www.virtuafighter.com
  • EndlessEndless Death Before Dishonour Joined: Posts: 2,021
    I'm going to get angry remarks about this :lol:

But I'm a Griffith fanboy.

My favorite characters, in order:

1. Griffith
    2. Zoddo
    3. Berserker Armor Guts

Amid all the violence, BERSERK has some of the most stunning and beautiful scenes that I've read in manga.

My favorite scenes (In no order)

-Bonfire of Dreams. I get emotional every time I read that scene

-Battle at the Hill of Swords. Epic...One of the best battle scenes ever

-Mule meeting Griffith at night, with a sea of stars. Another scene I get emo when I read through. It's a very beautiful scene

-Watching the Emperor's army move and fight (That last army fight was INSANE. It was about 10x bigger than the last fight scene in Return of the King)

-Guts vs Grunbeld. I get chills down my spine reading through this fight.

-Guts beconing the Trolls to come fight after he ran out of arrows....:lol: Rapage.

-Last fight with Guts vs Serpico. Guts using raw power to smash through columns.
    Seriously, BERSERK has the best 2 page spreads, hahahah

I think BERSERK has been around since 1989. I might be off by a year or two. I know that Miura had thought of the manga since college.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    You seem to have missed the whole point of Berserk... As someone mentioned before, the anime leaves you very blueballed. It actually got me reading the manga. Griffith had his reasons for his actions, as is explained in the anime, although manga goes much deeper.

I read all of that shit and I still think Griffith is a douche bag. Anyone who sacrifices all of his friends to hell is a piece of shit in my opinion. XD

I love Berserk and I just got up to manga 18 Is skull knight.com still doing translations ? I haven't checked it out myself, but I heard is was a good site a few years ago.
  • JackTenrac!JackTenrac! Dollar Yen - Level 304 Joined: Posts: 2,808

- The fetus story is pretty nasty, however, it's ironic how it turned out. I mean, seriously, that was so left field. But then, it was probably planned to go out this way. Prophecies and what not. It had to happen. He's pretty vital that guy. Alot more than Puck, even though Puck is just as important. Actually, he isn't, but he's hella funny with the Robin Williams potential.

- Gatts versus the Kushan assassins was awesome for a human to human conflict. Next to the Kelpi vs. Serpico. That was another good monster vs human fight. Wicked swordplay indeed. Ishidoro also. He seems to be a good sport when it comes to being a keen apprentice of Gatts. Almost like a good replacement for Rickert and a small replacement for Colkus. Horny, funny, determined, ignorant and full of win.

- Btw... is Caska... a Kushan? She looks like she is complexion-wise.
    Brett at T7- "Bearrama?!"
    ओये! सौभाग्य!
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    wat

Are we even talking about the same manga here? I can understand if you think the current chapters are slow, but to say that the series isn't going anywhere is kind of silly. It's a little slow now because they are in the process of 'going somewhere' and their current situation doesn't really allow Guts to be slicing a shitload of demons in half. Before this, we had TWO huge battles back-to-back and a major plot revelation, and you can bet a lot of shit is going to happen once they reach their destination. Hell, we don't even have to wait that long; judging by the last page of the latest chapter, some serious poo-poo is about to go down right now.

end of ch.287.

Yea, true.. true, my apologies for the ignorant post sir!
    If any of you guys have a DC, go try to find BERSERK: Gut's Rage

It's quite a good game (hard on some parts) and the it's actually an official chapter in BERSERK that wasn't in the manga. It is endoursed by Miura himself, and sometimes he pays homage to it, like when Puck was looking at a Mandragora root.
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,293
    I read all of that shit and I still think Griffith is a douche bag. Anyone who sacrifices all of his friends to hell is a piece of shit in my opinion. XD

I love Berserk and I just got up to manga 18 Is skull knight.com still doing translations ? I haven't checked it out myself, but I heard is was a good site a few years ago.

Agreed.

Fuck Griffith.Fucking piece of shit
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
    If any of you guys have a DC, go try to find BERSERK: Gut's Rage

It's quite a good game (hard on some parts) and the it's actually an official chapter in BERSERK that wasn't in the manga. It is endoursed by Miura himself, and sometimes he pays homage to it, like when Puck was looking at a Mandragora root.

Your right about it being hard. I almost died on the FIRST part!!!!! And then that first boss fight was fuckin insane!!! I was like, "If this is the first boss then..... HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!"
    Your right about it being hard. I almost died on the FIRST part!!!!! And then that first boss fight was fuckin insane!!! I was like, "If this is the first boss then..... HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!"

Yea, later parts of the game is pretty retarded. I was ranting a bit about it on the "Hardest game" thread, in the part where Guts needs to escape the corridors with roots. I couldn't pass the 2nd corridor.

My bro played that game before I read BERSERK (He played it in 2001, I believe) and he was pretty good. He passed the corridor part, and finished the game on Easy and Normal. He couldn't pass Zoddo on Hard though.
    - ... the last part was difficult, though. Stopped there. Ughhhh.
    ओये! सौभाग्य!
  • SanoSano SRKSANO on PS4 Joined: Posts: 12,972 mod
    Bear Ryoma - Funny AMV! :rofl:

Yeah Guts Rage is a great game. I loved how they got Michael Bell, Duke's voice from G.I. Joe for Guts. That was one of the best video game dubbing choices ever.

Great thing about it too is that is if you have all of the cut scenes save you can watch it all over again without playing the game again. It takes about an hour or so to watch it all.

I beat it on Easy, Normal and Hard back in the day. Zoddo had patterns if you played it long enough. Ditto with those roots. Back in those days everything was patterns, just learn what you have to do in all given situations and wash, rinse repeat, never give up and never surrender and sooner or later you get past everything (even if it might take a while).

With Zoddo you can also practice all you wanted playing the boss mode too where you can fight him on the fly. Though I'm not sure if that was one of the things you unlocked after beating hard mode or not, it's been a while.

I still have my save and have everything unlocked. One of the last things I got was the Puck minigame ha ha that is fun.
    Guts Rage > PS2 Berserk game

PS2 Berserk game was a HUGE LET DOWN. Also the voice actors totally sucked, it made me glad Berserk wasn't getting any more anime time. Not even the best Japanese VA could do this series justice.

Also, I would like to add my membership to the "Griffith is lil fucking bitch" club. I admit if you look it over he had his reasons, but he still deserves a big cold peice of Iron through his chest for doing it anyway.

Bear Ryoma, I don't think Caska is kushan cause she's like working in the fields of some village when that one lord gets her. Well.... maybe she's Kushan blood but not culture.
    -Daniel Esquer
    www.virtuafighter.com
  • BEWDBEWD 鬼の顔 Joined: Posts: 5,194 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'd like to join in with the FUCK Griffith mob. I loved Femto's design in his first appearance, but when he raped a pregnant woman after sending his entire army to Hades in a demon buffet that pissed me off.

Anyways, puck's importance has seriously waned(I hate how he's become primarily comic relief, seeing as how he was Guts' first new friend after the events of the Eclipse). If he wasn't around, Guts would also likely be dead(Having a supply of Elf Powder is indispensable against apostles).

My favorite characters are Guts, Zodd(not Zoddo, though that was the name on a lot of earlier Berserk merchandise, just like how Guts used to be spelled like it was pronounced, Gatsu), and the Skull Knight.

@Gabriel: the site's become skullknight.net, and yes they still are doing translations.

Endless: I think Berserk came out in 1988 actually, if not the prototype.

One thing I really want to see in Berserk is the clarification of the King Gaiseric(who's so obviously Skull Knight it stinks like an anime con)story. Knowing the nature of the 4 "Angels"(CoughGodhandCough) who ended Gaiseric's empire, there is no way in hell that the story went down just like Charlotte recalled it.
    世界最強の生物
    Good stuff from everyone.

I never really liked Femto as a character.

To defend Griffith a bit :bgrin: :
    I'm not saying the Eclipse was good in any way; it was evil, terrible, and disturbing. It was one of the only points in the manga where I needed to physically take a break from reading because it was "so much".

However, Griffith's as a character, is amazing. I think he is probably the most charismatic and romantic characters I have read in manga (or any story, for that matter). Not knowing his past, I bet almost everyone here would want to follow Griffith (if we were in BERSERK, of course).
    He's a noble hero, divinity in human form. People are so overwhelmed with emotion when talking to him, they break down and cry. I like Griffith a lot because of his character, not because of his actions.

Also, in the state that he was in, he couldn't do anything at all, and that would of been the end of his dream.

If Guts was in Griffith's shoes....he would choose to die.
    HOWEVER, IIRC, Guts himself did say: (one of the best quotes in BERSERK, I feel)

"You can't walk at all, if you are afraid of crushing the ants"

@BEWD: Thanks for the clarification. Also, I forgot whether Miura or Puck said it, but Miura keeps Puck in to help the manga from being too dark.

@sano: Yea...the roots kept killing me. Either flatout 1-hit death, or it glanced me, taking off 85% health, stunning Guts, and then getting comboed by the next root, killing me :annoy:

yea...I miss the old Band of the Hawk also..
    Especially Pippin. He was awesome. He died a terrible and sad death. :sad:

Out of the new characters, my favorite is Shierke, then Irvine, the demon archer.
  • SmrKSmrK SF4 < 3S Joined: Posts: 251
    To defend Griffith a bit :bgrin: :
    I'm not saying the Eclipse was good in any way; it was evil, terrible, and disturbing. It was one of the only points in the manga where I needed to physically take a break from reading because it was "so much".

OK, you do realize that this makes you a wuss?:wgrin::wgrin: i kid, i kid
    The Eclipse was awesome, the despair so clearly visible you felt it yourself... My favourite part so far (up to vol. 15). I understand Griffith, and would probably do the same in his situation. Before I get flamed with "You'd sacrifice your friends?!", I'd like to point out, that in the event of an Eclipse, me getting shed loads of power for the small price of the people around me, yes, I'd do it. But... since I really don't see that happening in the near future, I wouldn't get to upset about it.

Anyway, played the DC game myself. Never knew other people shared my feelings on those damn roots:arazz::rofl::rofl:
    iHelp ^^

3S - Dudley, Alex
    SSF4 - Balrog, Dudley, DeeJay
    BB:CS - Arakune
  • DanSCDanSC Joined: Posts: 599
    this manga is the only one that i see all kinds of crazy stuffs beside the killing, like gay rape, pedo, demon rape and incest..btw i think its reasonable for Miura for being slow, there are so much stuffs to draw in this manga, all the details of blood and gore, so many horses, monsters and soldiers killing each other on battle field, this manga is always packed with actions..i wouldnt supprise if each chapter come out every 3 month if it was drawn by any other artist..
    My favorite Berserk charactes are:

1. Guts
    2. Guts
    3. Guts
    4. Guts
    5. Guts

:rofl:

Serpico, Farnese, Corkus(whiney characters are a riot lol), Zoddo and the Skull Knight are all very cool don't get me wrong but it's all about Guts. Griffith I dunno, I hate him so much I like him. :tup:

Never played Sammy's Berserk game. I don't really bother importing a game when it follows the same story as a manga or an anime that I already read / watched. Now if it was a brand new story like the Rurouni Kenshin RPG of a few years back I most def would of imported.

I will say that if the game did come out in the US chances are I would of gotten it, I even signed the petition to bring it over but as you know those never work anyway.

Very glad to hear the game sucked. :rofl:

Most of the time when I import it's for a fighting game, playing any other kind of game in a language you can't understand comes with it's own set of headaches. Thank goodness for Gamefaqs though when it comes to getting through games like that.

Wow 30 more years of Berserk man when I'm in a retirement home if the orderly accidently gives my subscribed volume of Berserk to Grandma Snooty Snoot I will bop him in the back of his head with my walker. DON'T MESS WITH MY BERSERK! :rock:
  • WasFemtoWasFemto Graphics Whore Joined: Posts: 2,388
    I thought the Pirate arc was going to be long and stupid but it's short and awesome. Me happy.

Griffith > you
    Hyper Chinese Skinheads Force ... ?
    Griffith is the best villain ever. And I hate him for it. Fuck Griffith : (. He makes Dio Brando look like Captain America.
    Fight Fo' Dah Future.
    dammit!!!! I have to play the game again!!!! Its been so long!!!! But yeah, in 30 years, I'll be reading BERSERK, and then showing my grand kids how awesome manga is. And then when I go senile, I'll be screaming quotes from BERSERK swinging a "sword" (my cane) around wacking random people. And then get a heart attack from how gruesome a chapter is while I lay in my death bed.

I can't wait!!!!!!
  • DSDS Hell Revealed Joined: Posts: 4,904
    I actually like the PS2 Berserk game and the voice acting was good.
    <Chibi> ill make sure to have komi invite you when he weds his hug pillow though
    <@bellreisa>; you may now kiss the waifu
    <@bellreisa>; if you're lucky she might even kiss back
    - Berserk's story of the Ugly Duckling will replace the current one. Bet it. Seriously, there are highlights that are worth mentioning here in the series.
    ओये! सौभाग्य!
  • DarthTreyDarthTrey Sabaku Taiso!!! Joined: Posts: 924
    I enjoy Griffith's character a great deal.

Not in the manner that I like what he did, but they way Kentaro Miura presents him is just amazing.

As far as Gatts, well he's just a bad ass......that's all there is to it.....

EDIT:

For an example of what I mean, the last panel of Chapter 28 page 19
    Say hello to your mother for me.
  • Fin.K.MFin.K.M . Joined: Posts: 97
    Yea, true.. true, my apologies for the ignorant post sir!
    Then, it's settled! Berserk is still awesome. :cool:
    Guts Rage > PS2 Berserk game
    I haven't played either of them, but this thread is the only place I've ever seen people say anything good about Guts' Rage. Maybe it has a really deep combat system that only SRKers can appreciate. Or something. :rofl:

Can't say anything about the gameplay, but the PS2 game looks really nice at least. The counter animations during the boss fights look awesome.
    - KM
    #TOSF
  • RyadRyad Space Cowboy Joined: Posts: 920
    I just fear the day kentarou dies and leaves berserk hanging... hope that never happens...
    "El Niňo is spanish. It is the spanish word for child. Like all things spanish, it is dangerous" - Jeremy Lavine
    Then, it's settled! Berserk is still awesome. :cool:

I haven't played either of them, but this thread is the only place I've ever seen people say anything good about Guts' Rage. Maybe it has a really deep combat system that only SRKers can appreciate. Or something. :rofl:

Can't say anything about the gameplay, but the PS2 game looks really nice at least. The counter animations during the boss fights look awesome.

= It really makes you think. However... how the hell can he move his left arm to pull off a right hook?

- ...wait. A Kenshin RPG?
    ओये! सौभाग्य!
    The dreamcast game was ok... completely new story...
    the walls though... my god the walls... reaaaally pissed me off... if it werent for the walls...

PS2 game was toooo sick
    You have to play it... although its japanese, it almost follows the manga 100% so you wont be totally lost... but it really is fun...

Oh not to mention the Game Soundtracks!!!
    Amazing stuff! Keeps true to the berserk atmosphere...

Dont you want to try your hand at fighting these guys gatsu fights in the manga?
    "El Niňo is spanish. It is the spanish word for child. Like all things spanish, it is dangerous" - Jeremy Lavine
    ^Not when it involves this much skill:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (use cannon) XXXXXXXXXXXXX (use puck) XXXXXXXXXXX *keep mashing X and moving toward new enemy*

Worst than dynasty warriors. Also Farnese, Isidro, and Pucks voice actor sucked big time.

Guts Rage actually required a level of skill and was really freakin hard too. Not to mention it was a new story and the english voice acting didn't suck (I was amazed). In fact the english was actually good (wtf).
    -Daniel Esquer
    www.virtuafighter.com
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    In all honesty, with the way Gatsu plows through the monsters in the manga, the PS2 game was a bit too hard at least compared to the manga.
    hahahah the walls were your worst enemy in the DC game. I remember that :lol:

Also, if you really think about it... Griffith isn't exactly evil.
    He is pursuing his dreams. The decision he made, that was an evil choice, however as a character, he is not evil.
    There's 2 Kenshin RPGs. One that came out last year or so that is based on the Kyoto Arc for Japanese PS2. Never played it but the game featured Saito Hajime's seiyuu's final performance before he passed away (he is also in the director's cut of the Reflection OVA as Saito BTW) so RIP.

The one I'm talking about came out years earlier. It's a new story that can in no way fit into the manga, the cartoon world maybe if it takes place after the series, like where the movie might fit (but you are better off not thinking about that and treating it as its own thing lol). Anyway it takes place after Kyoto.

The game has two protagonists. If you choose the female you will encounter Aoshi during gameplay and get to control him for a bit. If you choose the male you get Saito instead. There are minor differences but the game is more or less the same no matter who you pick.

Kenshin, Sanosuke, Kaoru, Yahiko and your protagonist make up your squad. Combat is kind of like rock, paper scissors only the attacks are high, low and mid. I don't remember them all but I think low beats high, mid beats low and so on. It's turned based so you see some of the attacks your opponent is going to do but not all so you have to plan your attack. In this sense it retains the spirit of Rurouni Kenshin because as you know Kenshin could figure out opponent's moves before they did them, or at least figure out what they were thinking. You get a slew of super moves also, both Kenshin and Sanosuke have about 8 each. Yahiko can copy some of Kenshin's moves too if he sees them enough much like the series.

All of the seiyuus return, anime cut scenes and lots of new villains drawn in the style of the anime for you to fight along with very cool music, they even added lyrics to Kenshin's theme song from the Tokyo arc. There's a few nods to the series complete with dream sequences where you view storylines from the past like Udo Jine's fight with Kenshin and Sagara Sozo's death. Great game. It's only available for Japanese PS1 though. I think it's a lot of fun but it's only for the hardcore Kenshin fans. It's no Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy so don't look for that experience here. It does have a charm of its own for fans of the show though.

Oh yeah Guts always reminds me of Sagara Sanosuke because of his giant sword and attitude but the similarities end there. Wow what an on topic post. :rofl:
    Saito Dies!!!!??? Hes My Favorite Character From Rurouni!!! Bullshit!!!
    Fight Fo' Dah Future.
  • Strider2k2Strider2k2 yezzur Joined: Posts: 304
    Ahhh, Berserk...great anime/manga, indeed.

If you guys haven't seen it already, go check out Claymore. It's just like Berserk in terms of violence in a dark middle age fantasy setting.
    UMvc3: Morrigan/Dormammu/Trish & Nemesis/Dormammu/Vergil
    SSF4: Chun-Li, Rose
    T6: King, Nina, Asuka
    3S: Chun-Li, Dudley, Alex
    - looks like someone's cashing in with Kenshin for the PS2 there. It resembles those Naruto games and looks uninspired gameplay wise. Still, the double-kodachi moves by Aoushi brings back memories.

- Saito...what a character. He left on a good note. Too bad he isn't in the rest of the post-Kyoto eps. I'm tempted to see what happens to him later on.
    hahahah the walls were your worst enemy in the DC game. I remember that :lol:

- Took me 2 hours to realize that I couldn't use my sword there.
    He is pursuing his dreams. The decision he made, that was an evil choice, however as a character, he is not evil.

- Before he took on treason or after he killed all the people Gatts cared about just to feed this ambition of his? When he was weak, he was good. During the battles before and after Zodd on his original squad, he was good. But to sacrifice good, honest (except Colkus), hard-working(except Colkus) soldiers that he treated as family and raped Caska, was nothing good or light. Slaughtering his original squad to recruit demonic forces that would only punish human beings is nothing different from the tactics of Kushan's evil budhist sorcery tricks. More on the vein of Naraku or Wesker if anything. Griffith could have done the same with his own current band at the time, but the question of when would have been on the mind of his.

Pursuing his ambitions, by killing those who see his dream and want it realized as badly as he does, doesn't compute into a good thing. That's a wrong that can't be turned into a right.
    ओये! सौभाग्य!
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,213 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ahhh, Berserk...great anime/manga, indeed.

If you guys haven't seen it already, go check out Claymore. It's just like Berserk in terms of violence in a dark middle age fantasy setting.

Except the art is absolute shit and isn't anywhere near as good as Berserk, in any area =/

The dude knew what he was getting into.He's a sick selfish monster is what he is
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
    ^Not when it involves this much skill:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (use cannon) XXXXXXXXXXXXX (use puck) XXXXXXXXXXX *keep mashing X and moving toward new enemy*

Worst than dynasty warriors. Also Farnese, Isidro, and Pucks voice actor sucked big time.

Guts Rage actually required a level of skill and was really freakin hard too. Not to mention it was a new story and the english voice acting didn't suck (I was amazed). In fact the english was actually good (wtf).

It was still a good game. Basic in nature, but name any other anime-based games that aren't as basic. Guts Rage didn't require much skill either. You just had to avoid using your sword in a closed area. Other than that, it was pretty cake from there on out.

I don't think the game was running for Jesus at any point.

And I'll take the Japanese voice acting over the shitty American voice actors. Both anime, and games.
    In all honesty, with the way Gatsu plows through the monsters in the manga, the PS2 game was a bit too hard at least compared to the manga.

The PS2 Berserk game was easy.
    <Chibi> ill make sure to have komi invite you when he weds his hug pillow though
    Umm did you play DC Guts Rage dude? That game was REALLY hard, and it wasn't just the corridors stopping your sword. Alot of parts of the game were rough. And the American voice actors for the game weren't bad at all, hell of a lot better then the voice actors they used for the English anime release (wtf is up with that.)

The animation and the whole swinging your sword for HOURS with little tact was what got to me in the PS2 game, it was swing till you got the brand charge and boom you get to kill one enemy instantly but your still pressing X for an hour till you need to use puck or your cannon recharges and blow fools (cause your bored of pressing X). Not to mention Guts is like a million times slower in that game than the fatest bum from Dynasty Warriors, makes a man lose his mind running through never ending levels of pressing X. Only thing that made it worth it was the end fight.

Anyhow screw anime games anyway, it's still all about the manga. Everyone, share your favorite moment of pwnage in Berserk Manga! Mine is...
    When Guts first gets the berserker armor and chops his way out of an apostles belly only to get chomped on again by another apostle bitch. Which he then CUTS IN HALF while having HALF HIS BODY in his mouth. Guts told that bitch whose boss.
    -Daniel Esquer
    www.virtuafighter.com
    Umm did you play DC Guts Rage dude? That game was REALLY hard, and it wasn't just the corridors stopping your sword.

Ummm....yeah, because unlike most of SRK, I actually play the game before commenting. Good mechanics, but still not that hard. It's still you vs. a wall at the end of the day.
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    Isidro's my fav. character in the series, I mean how can u deny the power of the IsiDropKick?!
    He became my fav. character when he saved Caska from the crazed reliogous group during the eclipse, here I thought he was some dull side character, but damn he can fuck just about ANY main Shonen character there is.
    ....and again, IsiDropKick FTW!
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
    lol come on... at least you could combine x with a directional button to create different "combos"... not a great game on its own, but the nostalgic value, the beautiful music (you really should just dl the soundtracks if you didnt play the game, I listen to it + anime OST when I read the manga), and boss battles (very cinematic) made it worth going through it... and yes, although it was mindless cut and slash in the end but hey, what does gatsu do most of the time...

but yeah, Wall > Gatsu for DC...
    - Before he took on treason or after he killed all the people Gatts cared about just to feed this ambition of his? When he was weak, he was good. During the battles before and after Zodd on his original squad, he was good. But to sacrifice good, honest (except Colkus), hard-working(except Colkus) soldiers that he treated as family and raped Caska, was nothing good or light. Slaughtering his original squad to recruit demonic forces that would only punish human beings is nothing different from the tactics of Kushan's evil budhist sorcery tricks. More on the vein of Naraku or Wesker if anything. Griffith could have done the same with his own current band at the time, but the question of when would have been on the mind of his.

Pursuing his ambitions, by killing those who see his dream and want it realized as badly as he does, doesn't compute into a good thing. That's a wrong that can't be turned into a right.

Evil choices does NOT make a character evil.
    The concept of "good" and "evil" is very blurred in BERSERK. Griffith is the antagonist. Not evil. Griffith is not "good" on the same basis that Guts is not "good" nor "evil"
    They are antagonist and protagonist with conflicting dreams.

You're mistaking Griffith's dream with ambition; there is a difference. Ambition is a simple want, while a true dream is on a much grander scale. For Griffith, the pursuit of his dream overrided EVERYTHING, and the SAME thing could be said about Guts.

Guts pursued his dream when he left Griffith. Although there was not direct consequences IMMEDIATELY, Guts ruined Griffith's plan, and in doing so, Guts started the ball rolling of how things became how they are now.
    Guts leaving made Griffith rush into pursuing Charlotte, thus getting captured and tortured.

In addition, the original Band of the Hawk all chose to follow Griffith. Griffith KNEW from the VERY BEGINNING that he was above all other mortals; he did not consider anyone his equal, no one. The only person that spurred Griffith was Guts; Guts was the only person Griffith considered a friend. And with Guts leaving Band of the Hawk, Griffith lost one of his main things in his life, that was the first time another human being was important to him.

By what you said, Guts is guilty of exactly the same sins as Griffith. Guts is pursuing his dream (both before Band of the Hawk, and after) and he is killing people because they stand in his way.

If you talk about innocent characters, check Books 1-3 of BERSERK. In those 3 books alone, Guts ruined many innocent lives:

1. The young girl and her father in the caravan allowed Guts to stay with them. Because Gut's brand attracts demons, skeleton demons killed the father and the daughter. Both were innocent.
    2. The ugly tortured guy with 1 eye. Guts watched him get executed, and didn't do anything about it.
    3. Guts completely ruined the daughter of the Slug-King apostle. He tortured the Slug-King apostle in front of her, and threw her into an emotional hell.

There are more instances of this, but I don't know off the top of my head.

Gut's quote:

"If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk."

People fail to realize that Guts and Griffith are more alike than they want to believe.

The dude knew what he was getting into.He's a sick selfish monster is what he is

Guts is almost as selfish as Griffith, and Guts is also pursuing his dreams. Please see my reply above.
  • Red ExodusRed Exodus Joined: Posts: 255
    Honestly? Griffith strikes me as an antichrist type of character. He has some similarities to
    what an anti-christ usually is like.

Excellent skills in politics (or just very very lucky to get by so many rules and regulations
    like he has been doing), is followed and supported by many, has an unstoppable ability
    to inspire servitude and devotion towards him EVEN when people first meet him...and
    he's quite literally untouchable.

I doubt that's what the writer is going for, but he follows from what I can tell, the
    archetype of an anti-christ character.
    That maybe true about evil choices don't mean it's evil. But I'm pretty sure when Gutts said that he didn't mean destroy the people who meant anything to you, and what he did to Caska was out of line. Regardless of the dreams and all that bullshit every man has their destiny. Gutts was blessed despite all of that bad luck he had his whole life to make a choice, and be out of fate's path. Griffith is a hoe plain and simple. Ants, huh? yeah whatever.
    Fight Fo' Dah Future.
    And what's wrong with Gutts pursuing his OWN dreams and having a mind of his own instead of the rest of the Band of the Hawk who pretty much blindly followed Griffith around,and probably would have sucked him off if he asked them to

Gutts said that he could never be a part of someone else's dream,and the fact that he heard Griffith spouting out that nonsense about a Friend is someone he considers his equal,and that he had none had to cement it for Gutts.

Gutts probably is selfish,but honestly I think Griffith was the one who sparked off the entire thing,and I really can't blame Gutts for wanting to leave him in the dust since he was really not the same person that he initially met and when they fought Zodd
    XI:
    After the nonsense Gutts has had to fight I would be selfish too. It was years before he started thinking for himself anyhow. Always listening to other people and never himself. He had Gambino telling what to do, then Gutts was lost for a lil while just being a mercenary to the highest payer, then Griffith told him what to do, and then Gutts finally realized that he also has a goal. Now it was time to go find what it was.
    Fight Fo' Dah Future.
    Saito Dies!!!!??? Hes My Favorite Character From Rurouni!!! Bullshit!!!

Just to be clear, the actor who provided his voice Hirotaka Suzuoki passed away, not the character. Not saying anyone is mixing that up but just in case. Anyway he died of lung cancer on July 2006. RIP. :sad: