Street fighter EX thread(EX, EX+, Ex+@, EX2, EX2+, EX3)

Comments

• kazkaz 'Dat Kryptonite Joined: Posts: 4,102
    Do you guys have competitive game play vids of Hayate by any chance?
    RockBogart on SRK's NFL Thread: "I just don't spend all season in the thread, saying dumb shit and arguing with monbaby."

Thurst mad about Romo in IRC:
    (4:12:43 PM) thurstOFF left the room (Leaving) HAHAHA
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    no, there really aren't any competive videos out for EX2 which he was in. Nor have I seen any ex2p console matches with him in it :-\
  • digimonemporerdigimonemporer Joined: Posts: 2,612
    Next time me and Shinji play I'll play some Hayate.

GDLK scrub Hayate coming soon. :woot:
    No signature here. Nope...not one.
  • rogueyoshirogueyoshi Nothing Comes Easy Joined: Posts: 1,929
    nignagnog: minority report
    nignagnog: you got punished for your future crimes
    BossG: anybody that's black already suffers under pre-crime laws
  • YunaYuna Politically correct as fuck since 2006 Joined: Posts: 7,492
    I've probably asked this before, but who is the best partner for Chun-Li in Street Fighter EX3?
    "Here's the thing, kids: words mean things, and most of what gets slagged as 'political correctness' is really just being nice, and most of the 'righteous complainers' are simply jerkwads who don't think certain people or groups deserve their niceness. If you're a guy, and you've ever uttered something along the lines of 'dude, sexual harrassment doesn't exist. That's just something chicks make up when they change their minds,' guess what, bro. You're not the lone hero standing up to feminist PC police. You're a pig."
    --Bob Chipman

"It's a male myth about feminists that we hate sex."
    --Maude Lebowski
  • Tech RomancerTech Romancer PSN: Tech_Romancer Joined: Posts: 5,200
    There is no best partner. Practice tag combos and synergy and decide who you think fits best.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    "Problem with Marvel is when you are not mashing you are losing". - 9thPixel
    Do you guys have competitive game play vids of Hayate by any chance?

Yo Kaz, next time I meet up and record (should be next week) I got ya.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    I've probably asked this before, but who is the best partner for Chun-Li in Street Fighter EX3?

chun li is a pretty good character, good combo starter, good combo ender, an infinite but her fireball isn't that good, so you may want a well rounded character with a fireball in ex3 to compilement her.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,377
    Anybody got EX2 plus PCB for sale?
    I might be the only person on this site with a ex2 plus pcb but it isn't for sale :-\.

check out ebay, maybe coinopexpress, or yahoo japan auctions
    ??????????? EX2?????? - Yahoo!??????

you'll probably need to use an ordering service though. like Masato Internet World-Wide Service or something like that.
    - [SFEX2 match
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
  • YunaYuna Politically correct as fuck since 2006 Joined: Posts: 7,492
    chun li is a pretty good character, good combo starter, good combo ender, an infinite but her fireball isn't that good, so you may want a well rounded character with a fireball in ex3 to compilement her.

Sounds good to me. I guess I'll go into training mode to see how I feel.
    ...oh wait, I don't have the game anymore. Fuck my life.
    "Here's the thing, kids: words mean things, and most of what gets slagged as 'political correctness' is really just being nice, and most of the 'righteous complainers' are simply jerkwads who don't think certain people or groups deserve their niceness. If you're a guy, and you've ever uttered something along the lines of 'dude, sexual harrassment doesn't exist. That's just something chicks make up when they change their minds,' guess what, bro. You're not the lone hero standing up to feminist PC police. You're a pig."
    --Bob Chipman

"It's a male myth about feminists that we hate sex."
    --Maude Lebowski
    - [SFEX2 match

Watch the damn vid, everyone.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    Great match. Should definitely SRK Media that shit.

EDIT: Gay Ken is very gay. lol.
    ^ Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. Laming it out is lame. Whatever it take to win I guess.

And on a good note, I guess that's yet again more proof of how playstyles can be so varied in EX.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188
    If you're not playing to win in a tournament, then what are you playing for?
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
    Tried to upload to SRK, but apparently someone already did...maybe Shinji. SRK search is just as flawed as YT though, I try searching for EX and get a bunch of SF4 vids (though I maybe partly to blame for tagging the vids so meticulously).
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    I specifically typed in KCE King of Fighters XIII a couple times before and ended up getting Marvel & SSFIV vids, the search really needs to be fixed.

Also damn, that Ken, reminds me of how I play at times, lame as fuck.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    wasn't me heres my proof
    http://shoryuken.com/members/shinjigohan-16153/

similarly someone else uploaded some evilkairi combo videos on srk but I don't know who.
  • RichardRichard Joined: Posts: 588
    Yo, this is what online EX is all about:

Six minute+ matches, with 3 frame delay (or more) of lag. That's what I'm talking about! :rock:
    I can only presume Ibuki's theme from Third Strike was hacked into the game?

Also, it seems I'm seeing a lot of Sharon lately, and not so much Jack...
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,070
    I can only presume Ibuki's theme from SSFIV was hacked into the game?

Also, it seems I'm seeing a lot of Sharon lately, and not so much Jack...

Fixed ;)

Sounds nice btw !

Anyone with not so over the top PCs tested Mame ++ 139 ( Running SFEX2 Plus ) released a few days ago ?
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
    ^ Yep. Still same, crappy netplay.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
  • Kim Sue-ilKim Sue-il Call me JoJo! Joined: Posts: 1,799
    Is there a list of b&b Excel combos? My friends and I are tired of spamming specials all day.
    "Opponents are happy when they're winning, when in fact they already lost. That is the Joseph Joestar way."

UMK3/SFEX2+/JJBA: HFTF > other fighters
    I haven't seen any, but just search for EX2+ combo vids on YT and its easy to gleam from those if you know your characters' normals. BTW not everybody does their best damage from excel combos.

Got my Hokuto ones from that one.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    ok captured the matches with webster but now I'll have to edit it down. Looks like some audio desyncs as well as a few choppy video sections but otherwise it seems to have gone well.
  • C.LIC.LI Joined: Posts: 28
    Is there a list of b&b Excel combos? My friends and I are tired of spamming specials all day.

There was a very extensive list on some jap site years ago... I can't remember where... I'll let you know if I can find it.
    Who do you main anyway? I might be able to give you a couple universal bnbs.
    ok captured the matches with webster but now I'll have to edit it down. Looks like some audio desyncs as well as a few choppy video sections but otherwise it seems to have gone well.

Sounds good. Hopefully they can be up by lunchtime so I can have something to watch while I eat. =]
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    no chance of that, I went to bed right afterwards lol.
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,070
    Safe jumps for SFEX2P updated . Check page 130 for known safe jumps .

-Added-

Cracker Jack :

*Throw ( Punch ) - Dash Upper or Punch ( Jab/Short ) - Feint Dash ( Strong ) - Jumping Roundhouse .*
    *Throw ( Punch ) - Feint Dash ( Fierce ) - Forward Jump - Jumping Roundhouse .*
    *Sweep - Cr.Strong - Jumping Roundhouse .*

Against small characters -
    *Crazy Jack ( 5th/last hit being any Kick ) - Forward Jump - Forward Jump - Jumping Roundhouse .*

Against big characters -
    *Crazy Jack ( 5th/last hit being any Kick ) - Feint Dash ( Fierce ) - Neutral Jumping Roundhouse .*
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
  • Kim Sue-ilKim Sue-il Call me JoJo! Joined: Posts: 1,799
    I haven't seen any, but just search for EX2+ combo vids on YT and its easy to gleam from those if you know your characters' normals. BTW not everybody does their best damage from excel combos.

Got my Hokuto ones from that one.

Much appreciated.
    There was a very extensive list on some jap site years ago... I can't remember where... I'll let you know if I can find it.
    Who do you main anyway? I might be able to give you a couple universal bnbs.

I tend to play alot of Guile, Sagat, Darun, and V.Rosso.
    "Opponents are happy when they're winning, when in fact they already lost. That is the Joseph Joestar way."

UMK3/SFEX2+/JJBA: HFTF > other fighters
    I uploaded my sets against webster from a few weeks ago on youtube

lmfao that is some quality EX2+ play right there. :lol:
    lol looks better than my matches on the 21st. =[

I'm stepping it up this Saturday though, so I'm expecting some solid footage hopefully. Can't wait to show off my Hayate. And my Hokuto, too. Webster, you like fucking excels??? Imma show you fucking excels...
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    Cool looking forward to them.

Keith: next time I KNOW I'm coming down to visit and I KNOW you'll be there, I'll try to practice before hand. I'll definitely be practicing before Frosty Foustings and UFGT though. So we'll have some better matches.

I'M SOOOO RUSTY! :razz:
    you mean fray right? lol
    soooo fraaaaaay. :lol:
  • C.LIC.LI Joined: Posts: 28
    I tend to play alot of Guile, Sagat, Darun, and V.Rosso.

Right, use these:
    Guile: 2LK>2MP>2HK(1)>HP>2HP>MP>6HP>46LP>2LP>(excel ends)>2MP>28HK damage:58, gain half a gauge back
    be very specific with your joystick input, or the 6HP won't come out
    on Chun Li, delay the 6HP a bit, and leave out the last 2MP

Darun: 2LK>2MP>2MK>2HK>2HK>HP>HK>MP>(DELAY)2HK>LP>(excel ends)>2MP>HK>623K(to gain position)
    works on Chun

Rosso: universal
    Standing opponents: LK>HK>236LK>HP>MP>MK>2HP>2MP>2MK>HK>214MP>(excel ends)>HP>2MK>236HP>6HP>6HK
    damage: 101 gain a whole meter back(nearly), its like you didn't use meter at all....

on crouching opponents: LK>HK>236LK>MP>MP>MP>2HP>2MP>2MK>HK>214MP>(excel ends)>2MP*>2MK>236HP>6HP>6HK
    you can, however, switch 2MP* with 2HP for a bit more damage(and class), but I find the timing for the 2HP>2MK link too difficult... so I don't recommend it..

note: you can't cross up with 236p>6p>214hp unless you start the excel from one end of the stage

As for Sagat, I can't give you anything cool or damaging, since he doesn't have any normals that propels himself forward,
    so use this,
    2LK>2MP>2MK>2HP>2HK>MK>236HP>236HK>623HP
    2LK>2HP>2HK>HP>HK>MK>236HP>236HK>623HP if you start excel at close range
    there are a couple good anti air excels for sagat though.. however I can't seem to remember nor figure out how...apart from the very basics..
    More EX2 Plus safe-jumps

-Added-

Pullum Purna :

*Praec Larm - Drill Purrus ( Roundhouse ) - Jumping Roundhouse .*
    *Prim Kick ( Short ) - Jumping Roundhouse .*
    finished uploading all the sfex3 match videos that I have except for some EX3winter stuff since that was more about highlights than actual matches IIRC.

All my SFEX2 videos have been uploaded as well as all my SFEX1 videos have been uploaded. I might need to go back and make sure all the ex3 combo clips are uploaded. But enjoy everyone.
    YouTube - shinjig's Channel