Street fighter EX thread(EX, EX+, Ex+@, EX2, EX2+, EX3)

Comments

• TonberryKingTonberryKing Joined: Posts: 714
    Can we please just get a EX collection HD re-release with online play on PS4.
  • marcus32Xmarcus32X twitter @marcus32x Joined: Posts: 55
    Tried some ex2+ mame++ netplay via kalleria the other week, wasn't awful, but we weren't doing any hard links or anything execution heavy.
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://gamehacking.org/?game=105070&hacker=all&format=ar2 more codes with the conversions to other game hacking devices.
  • mesharyHDmesharyHD Joined: Posts: 20
    Enjoy this USF4
    Umm, while I support your right to make combo videos and such. Especially for a game you love. Why did you bother to post it in the SFEX thread? Seriously there should still be a whole subforum just for SF4. Why hijack another thread?
  • MegamanX-8MegamanX-8 Robotic Warrior Joined: Posts: 141
    now I do recall a guide for setting up netplay for psxc2. Has anyone gave that a try with EX3 yet?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/nohonorcrew/

Cant have Honor when we dont have honor

XBL : WalkingDeadGuy9
    KI : Arbiter, Jago
    SFV: Zangief
    Pokken: Sceptile
    ST : Zangief, Ken, Ryu, N Sagat
    Fightcade : MegamanX8
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,747
    edited August 2016
    Re-done EX tier list for funsies.

God Tier: Chun-li
    Top Tier: Zangief, Dhalsim, Allen, Cracker Jack, M.Bison, Doctrine Dark, Gouki, Bloody Hokuto, SnH Ryu
    High Tier: Blair, Sakura, Ryu, Kairi, Darun, Hokuto
    Mid Tier: Guile, Ken, Garuda,
    Low Tier: Pullum, Skullomania

I think this is a bit more in line but honestly the more I play the game the more I realize that alot of chars are strong in this game. Probably why I like it so much. Top tier and high tier are pretty interchangeable imo and they can compete with each other. Gief has confirms into super and can grab you out of block strings and walk people down, but strong zoners can give him a run for his money and of course Sim exist. Chun li has her godly footsies and easy infinite. Honestly I would prolly ban her if the game ever got serious back in the day. Its just too easy and she risks nothing.
    Post edited by EmblemLord on
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
  • iWinWeDateiWinWeDate Whiff punish everything. Joined: Posts: 298
    Chun is definitely broken with her infinite.
    some sfex footage from miharasan channel, higher up of ARIKA.

Feels like this confirms alot of my top tier picks. Man Gouki is just so damn good all around. So is D.Dark. Gief is a moving wall of death. Cracker Jack is solid in terms of his overall movelist, but his conversion and safe on block super upper give him a place as one of the games strongest characters. Chun li can pressure after flip kick and spinning bird kick. Hokuto is really evasive and hard hitting.

But even Ken who isn't that good imo was able to do work because of the game's engine and high damage.

Really love this game.
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
    Tops is SFEXp arcade Beta. Dude has an even easier infinite than chunli (which BTW isn't as easy as ya'll make it sound). c.hp to kienshu, since in the arcade version he can cancel his c.hp into specials, and c.hp into kienshu combos, he can effectively repeat the same thing over and over again.

Similarly in the first SFEX arcade (no plus or anything), Akuma also has an infinite using his huricane kick. Set it up with a lk hurricane kick, then mk, mk, hk, then you can land and hit s.lp, then go into lk, lk, lk, hk hurricane kicks and repeat until death.
    I didn't even think of the cycloids.

Why am I more ok with Gouki having an infinite then Chun?

Prolly cuz I'm a story lore I love My Little Pony so much it hurts and I feel Gouki should be broken all the time.

Fuck it. This series is awesome so I don't even care who has an infinite really lol. All the good chars kill in two combos with meter anyways.
    Well the Gouki infinite as said was only in the first arcade release of SFEX, not the upgrade of SFEX+ or the console ports.
    So most people don't know about it
  • danomightydanomighty WTFSRK Joined: Posts: 1,346
    some sfex footage from miharasan channel, higher up of ARIKA.

Those Akuma hurricane kicks into divekick cancels are arcade only? Can't seem to do them in ps1 ver.?
    I was hung over from both drinking and smoking yesterday so to clam down the smoking and hangover I smoked some more...
    HOLD DAT!
    Marn talking to Mike Ross @ FR14
    edited August 2016
    Nope, it works fine.

also semi infinite. Eventually the opponent gets too far away for it to work, but whatever.
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Going through the Google translate app to try and translate some more of the "All About Street Fighter EX" book. So findings so far,

screen width 2880 pixels, height 704 pixels.

Jump Delay after pressing up before you jump. 4 frames for all characters except for Zangief and Darun at 6 frames.

Requirements to fight against Akuma
    1. Win Streak of 16 or more (I believe it counts rounds)
    2. Win Streak of 32 against a 2nd player
    3. Proceed to stage 10 after accomplishing either 1 or 2.

There are two win poses for Chunli in SFEX arcade. Basically a 1 in 512 chance for a 2nd win pose where she says something else, and has her eyes closed.

Kens Shinryuken recommended mashing per the book. Basically "roll the P and K button while quickly pressing the level left and right". Theoretically 22-23 hits but 15-18 is possible with human hands.

Throw Ranges
    Chun li and Blair: 224
    Zangief and Darun: 288
    Rest: 256

Air Throws
    Character:__Forward:____Upward____Downard
    Ken_________255________21_________235
    Chunli______384________192________192
    Guile________255________21_________235
    Pullum______320________224________96
    Darun_______255________21_________235
    Garuda______384________192________192

Special throws
    Zangief SPD 480
    Russian Sulpex 336
    Lv1 720 448
    lv3 720 448
    Hokuto Ryusui 256
    Skullomania Skullodream 375
    C.Jack Raging Buffalo 306
    Kairi Kyouja Renbu 336
    Allen Vaulting Kick 272
    Darun Brahma bomb 416
    Indra Bridge 352
    Super Darun Bomb 384
    Akuma Shun Goku Satsu 351

The rule of thumb that I've used in every game (except for cvs2 C-Ken) is to mash shinryuken the same way you break out of mash throws and dizzy. Mash in the order of hk, hp, mp, lp and lk and either wiggle the stick back and forth or diagonal to diagonal. Mashing this way gives you control and consistency, especially when it comes to getting out of a dizzy AND (most importantly) helps to preserve your stick lol.

It works pretty well, especially in A3 where it's hard to get the max number of hits for his lvl 3.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
    I am sure there is an actual way to do it correctly. In the promotional SFEX2 arc video, made by ARIKA employees before emulators and macros became a thing they were able to do it. Similar to how there is a correct way to mash the Fairy Gift with Ace in SFEX3. And likely with Blair in Fighting Layer.
    Tech throws are to be done in 4/60th frames of the throw starting.

motions are to be connected within 9 frames. So
    for a fireball
    d 1/60~9/60 df and then df 1/60~9/60 f and then f+p between 0/60~9/60
    Charges are similar
    hold back 1 second, then after letting go you have 1/60~9/60 to get to forward, and then another 11 frames to hit f+p

For tapping specials, you have between 1 and 7 frames to hit the next move.

exception for chunli lightning kick
    lk is 5 times each within 11/60 frames
    mk is 5 times each within 9/60 frames
    hk is 5 times each with 7/60 frames.

charge times for charge moves
    sonic boom 49 frames
    flash kick 49 frames
    opening gambit 30 frames
    double somersault 50 frames
    dash straight 50 frames
    dash upper 40 frames
    crazy jack 50 frames
    raging buffalo 50 frames
    final punch
    1 40-119 frames
    2 120-239 frames
    3 240-399 frames
    4 400-599 frames
    5 600-839 frames
    6 840-1094 frames
    7 1095-1349 frames
    8 1350-1604 frames
    9 1605-1859 frames
    10 1860+ frames

the length of the super bar gauge is 150 (50 for each level)
    edited September 2016
    http://streetfighterex.info/SFEXarc/datacharts/168.png modified one of the pages.

Also guard breaks last for 126 frames. However that time can be reduced. It can be reduced by either pressing buttons or wiggling the joystick. But the most effective way is to do both.

Also for the first 6 frames of a character getting up they can not be guard broken.

During supermoves the screen dims for 34 frames.
    And inputs are ignored for 10 frames. I can't seem to tell if they are ignored in addition to the 34 or not. May need to test that out with lua.

All characters get up from being knocked down in 64 frames.

You have 7 frames to cancel a special move from a normal once it hits.

Hit freezes depends on types of attacks and location of you and the opponent.

If you are grounded then the hit freeze of moves will be 7 frames.
    If you are aerial and the opponent is aerial the hit freeze is 9 frames
    If you are aerial and the opponent is grounded the hit freeze is 7 frames
    Special and supermoves have no hit freeze.
    Post edited by ShinjiGohan on
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,330 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
    until they are out I'm not hedging my bets on anything.
  • DonkusDonkus Time Marches On Joined: Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Next month the EX series will be 20 years old. Now we're seeing official art of the cast. Are they going to return? If they are going to reappear, I'd rather it be in their own game though.
    GOD BLESS THE RING
    Next month the EX series will be 20 years old. Now we're seeing official art of the cast.
    GOD BLESS THE RING
  • BossBrownBossBrown Joined: Posts: 78
    Nope, it works fine.

also semi infinite. Eventually the opponent gets too far away for it to work, but whatever.

It has been some time since I really played this properly but I am almost certain that only works on zangeif and darun at least in EX+@ but EX is a different story.
    EmblemLord wrote: »
    Re-done EX tier list for funsies.

God Tier: Chun-li
    Top Tier: Zangief, Dhalsim, Allen, Cracker Jack, M.Bison, Doctrine Dark, Gouki, Bloody Hokuto, SnH Ryu
    High Tier: Blair, Sakura, Ryu, Kairi, Darun, Hokuto
    Mid Tier: Guile, Ken, Garuda,
    Low Tier: Pullum, Skullomania

I think this is a bit more in line but honestly the more I play the game the more I realize that alot of chars are strong in this game. Probably why I like it so much. Top tier and high tier are pretty interchangeable imo and they can compete with each other. Gief has confirms into super and can grab you out of block strings and walk people down, but strong zoners can give him a run for his money and of course Sim exist. Chun li has her godly footsies and easy infinite. Honestly I would prolly ban her if the game ever got serious back in the day. Its just too easy and she risks nothing.

That is pretty cool +@ would have quite a change up though Darun, Hokuto, Garuda and Blair would top. Gief is the godly for many a reason besides what you mentioned you cant jump him, his jump ins super strong mostly due to the how quick he plummets, heavy range guard breaker and any clash of attacks is either a win in his favour or a trade. Pretty much all the infinites without that Chun li aint nowhere near the top. I know D.Dark had way better unblockable mine setups before ex+@ is that the reason why he is so high on your list? Surely Akuma would be god tier with all his infinites and unblockable setups?

Here is a little playthrough I did with chun li a little while back
  • iWinWeDateiWinWeDate Whiff punish everything. Joined: Posts: 298
    Does chun li's infinite work in ex1? It looks like her lighting Legs pushes the opponent too far back. Can someone confirm this?
    yeah, it should work. Just depends on your execution on ending the lightning legs on the right animation so you don't push them back too much. I do recall seeing it in videos in the past.
  • BossBrownBossBrown Joined: Posts: 78
    Yea in ex1 her legs is an infinite
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,873
    What is the easiest top tier character to learn for this game? I won't really have much opportunity to learn this game outside of doing combos in training mode.
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
    Which of the 3/6 games
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,873
    Which of the 3/6 games

Yeah, you'll probably need that info :sweat:

SF EX 2+
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
    Okay I never played much EX2p so I can't really comment.
    If you are on facebook there is an ex2p community that would probably be better equipped to answer that question.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/504108556378654/
    ARIKA facebook released some promotional videos for SFEX1 through ex2p.

Nothing new from what I saw, but some of you might not have seen it, so here ya go.
    surprised the new april fools video released by ARIKA today isn't on the topic... maybe its elsewhere on srk.
  • SuperkingSuperking dat mooney dolemite Joined: Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The game is more FL than EX from what I played.
    DS: she's looking hot in that interview, fuck, keep in mind, i don't have yellow fever, i just know a hot girl when i see one, gonna rape her and call her julia chang
    Superking: lol
    DS: julia chang for life
    edited April 3
    with the easy chain combos and side steps I can definitely see that. Though I wondered if there were any other "hidden" moves besides what was listed in the movelist. From Garuda's Raiga, or Kairi's Maki Transformation.

Or if there were any other hidden mechanics. Momentaries, or momentary type of a cancel into throw or hard blow.

And since none of the Ex games had any real running mechanic, that would help separate it.

Though the running normal attacks seemed reminiscent of CvS2.
  • bashirkashmiribashirkashmiri Joined: Posts: 55
    I'm surprised at the lack of excitement for a new EX aka fighting Layer game. I like what they've done to Kairi, he looks pretty badass although the projectile effects look a little retro/budget.
    I disagree. There were 3 topics on it on SRK alone. But for some reason they're doing the discussion over in those topics than in here.

It's been picked up my most if not all the FG websites.

I've seen lots of channels mirroring the upload from the 2 minute trailer, to still shots and the stream on youtube.

Honestly I'm surprised that it has received as much attention as it has.
    I disagree. There were 3 topics on it on SRK alone. But for some reason they're doing the discussion over in those topics than in here.

It's been picked up my most if not all the FG websites.

I've seen lots of channels mirroring the upload from the 2 minute trailer, to still shots and the stream on youtube.

Honestly I'm surprised that it has received as much attention as it has.

EX is the new hipster game that everyone swears they play...just like 3s and Darkstalkers. Now that those are widely available and the hipsters don't actually play it, they've moved onto EX, which is why this Arika tech demo is getting so much press.
    edited April 3
    Sadly you might be right on this. Maybe I should go to a tournament and make a set up and see who actually volunteers to play. Much less be able to identify the game.

haha I should set up an arcade board of fighting layer and tell everyone it is SF EX and see what they say.
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,181
    Someone sell me their EX2 plus arcade board plz.

• JLALloydJLALloyd Joined: Posts: 724
    I'm surprised at the excitement around this demo. I had EX+a back in the days, it was more popular than A3 (in France at least) and I learned about it being hated by most SF players only when I started talking to players outside my country.
    I'm personally really happy, loved EX games and it's characters. This game needs to happen, getting remixes of the old themes would be immense!
    Pablo you need to check ebay. I think that was where i got mine a few years back. Expect to pay between 100 and 200.

Also be careful there are sf ex2 boards out there. None plus. While i may like ex2 over ex2p. Just be aware that there is a difference.
  • JusticeInfernoJusticeInferno Joined: Posts: 7
    I'm personally okay with it if 'hipsters' help get the game actually made. I will buy and play it even if they don't.

With that said, is 3S/Darkstalkers really supposed to be a reasonable comparison? Those were re-releases with some extra bells and whistles. Here we're looking at a completely new and modern title that can perhaps scratch some the itches untouched by SFV (e.g. faster movement and more active use of the 3D environment). So regardless of what people truly think of the EX series and regardless of whether they've actively played it or not, Arika has a chance here to wow everyone with something new. They won't be relying on 'nostalgia' nearly as much as all these re-releases.

I made a poll on twitter for Nishitani and Mihara. Let's see what the community thinks.

DS: she's looking hot in that interview, fuck, keep in mind, i don't have yellow fever, i just know a hot girl when i see one, gonna rape her and call her julia chang
    edited April 4
    Since the press demo was Japanese maybe a different demographic is driving it. I doubt Arika consulted anyone outside Japan before they made this. That's a ton of work to put into something they aren't serious about, so I wouldn't worry about hipsters.
    GOD BLESS THE RING
    Donkus wrote: »
    Since the press demo was Japanese maybe a different demographic is driving it. I doubt Arika consulted anyone outside Japan before they made this. That's a ton of work to put into something they aren't serious about, so I wouldn't worry about hipsters.

Mihara was asking what the hell Max was talking about in his video. Arika definitely wants to know what the whole community thinks.

He also followed up on 2 Old 2 Furious' SFEX2+ event.
    I'm personally okay with it if 'hipsters' help get the game actually made. I will buy and play it even if they don't.

With that said, is 3S/Darkstalkers really supposed to be a reasonable comparison? Those were re-releases with some extra bells and whistles. Here we're looking at a completely new and modern title that can perhaps scratch some the itches untouched by SFV (e.g. faster movement and more active use of the 3D environment). So regardless of what people truly think of the EX series and regardless of whether they've actively played it or not, Arika has a chance here to wow everyone with something new. They won't be relying on 'nostalgia' nearly as much as all these re-releases.

I was just saying that the hipsters drove the popularity of those games, but when it comes down to it, no one plays. This is even more true for DS. No one ever played it back in the day, but all of a sudden it's everyone's favorite game. Where are the legion of players duking it out on xbl or psn? The game is dead on both platforms.

At least here in the states, this EX demo is being hyped up by the same group of players who apparently "play" 3s, DS, and EX2. Where are they when events pop up? I think it's great Arika could be making a new game, but the reality of the situation is this game will not be anymore popular than the 3s/ds re-releases.
    Superking wrote: »
    I made a poll on twitter for Nishitani and Mihara. Let's see what the community thinks.

I really don't know who to go for here. Getting a publisher will force ARIKA to modify their game to fit the publishers will. This happened with the previous SFEX games, happened with Xenogears and again with Xenosaga. Hell even Diablo.

And crowd funding has been hit and miss.

I also remembered that those light to heavy chains in FEXL was present in EX3. But only for Shin Bison should you use a gameshark code to force your character to be him. And only for crouching kicks.
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,326

Because this isn't an EX game. Doesn't make sense to talk about it in the EX thread. It'd be like talking about Street Fighter x Tekken in the SFV forums.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!