Street fighter EX thread(EX, EX+, Ex+@, EX2, EX2+, EX3)

Comments

• ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Found a world clash SFEX3 match video. Appears to be an exhibition of Korea (Laugh and infiltration) vs France (Frionel / JPK haven't heard of them before, maybe I should check out the europe tournaments more often lol)
    - [2010-07-08][Part1
    - [2010-07-08][Part2
    - [2010-07-08][Part3
    - [2010-07-08][Part4
  • Tech RomancerTech Romancer PSN: Tech_Romancer Joined: Posts: 5,200
    I was watching those last night before I fell asleep after you linked them to me...

Um, I don't understand French so I don't know what was said, but are those serious? Why the hell are they playing in Dramatic battle mode?
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    "Problem with Marvel is when you are not mashing you are losing". - 9thPixel
  • Return of ShikiReturn of Shiki Your favorite game sucks Joined: Posts: 4,408
    Never played Dramatic Battle, so what are those bursts that they are doing?
    If you listen to fools, the mob rules...
    ^ I'm not sure what you mean there, but Dramatic mode is basically one-on-one except, well not. As you can see in the vid, its pretty tough to play that mode seriously and use the EX system to its fullest.

Well...here's a better comparison: Its SFA3 Dramatic battle except with two players on each side. That's how silly it is. I think that mode was more an excuse to use the multi-tap than anything else.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
  • Return of ShikiReturn of Shiki Your favorite game sucks Joined: Posts: 4,408
    I know what Dramatic Battle is, I'm asking what those "bursts" (like GG bursts) they keep doing are.
    If you listen to fools, the mob rules...
    it looks similar to using the Tag command to change characters (also gives you a little bit of invincibility)
    You never played it, so I thought that's what you meant. But yeah, I think those are tag actions, as well. But since there's no actual tagging, I wonder if they still get the invincibility or not.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    I think they do, I thought I saw them going through moves with it. and if it doesn't give you invincibility then why would they keep on using it?
    I guess so, my disbelief is moreso because "why"? Why would they even retain that command since there's no tagging? But that's neither here nor there I guess.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    lol guess it hits the opponent too. I wonder if the tag can beat a lv3 fab from zangief lol
    is this the nanase alt meteor that people were talking about?
    For the sake of getting it out there, heres some team spookie stream of some SFEX+a matches

is this the nanase alt meteor that people were talking about?

Gotta say, Nanase's meteor looks pretty stupid.

Oh well, we now know how many licks it takes to get to the center of the EX tootsie pop.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    I hooked my ex3 emu up since my console is still MIA, and tried out that dramatic battle thing with the tagging.

I believe it only works on the multi tap version of dramatic battle but you can still have player 1 control both characters and have the cpu control both opponents.

Basically it does hit and does grant invincibility. However it does drain you life each time you use it. But during the entire tagging animation your character is invincible from what I can tell. It shielded sagat from a shinku hadouken that was about to hit. As though it hit another projectile or something.

lmao, the shit juggles too. So basically you can tag as an AA with dhalsim and then juggle the opponent with the usual yoga legends/yoga drill kick loop.

You can tag, which hits and launches the opponent, and then your tag partner can tag and it'll juggle them. You can probably do that back and forth til they die (unless you can do it after your health gets too low possibly).
  • danomightydanomighty WTFSRK Joined: Posts: 1,346
    Those burst/combo breakers in EX3 are kinda like Final Fight 1 life attacks(cody/guy hurricane kicks,haggar clothesline). They are only dramatic battle to stop sandwich infs. =x
    I was hung over from both drinking and smoking yesterday so to clam down the smoking and hangover I smoked some more...
    HOLD DAT!
    Marn talking to Mike Ross @ FR14
    ^ I've started mirroring those on my account BTW, Shinji
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    ??? did you DL them first and then uploaded them to your youtube account?
  • gengen EX3 veteran Joined: Posts: 705
    ??????????EX2PLUS a-cho?? 2010/07/14 R1 - ????? ????

ex2p acho videos from this year

??????????EX? - nicozon

click on the video and then click play at the bottom

dude, those ex2 matches got me hype for some competition!
  • digimonemporerdigimonemporer Joined: Posts: 2,612
    keith please up these on srk media. EX2+ can definitely bring sexy back.
    No signature here. Nope...not one.
  • mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,445
    I downloaded forty of those matches, still have ten more to watch. They're all baller but I like the Darun and Dhalsim the most.
    keith please up these on srk media. EX2+ can definitely bring sexy back.

Shinji uploaded the whole litter of 2008 acho tournament matches a few days back and nobody cared, or even rated them...

Not to be negative but what makes you think these will be different. Apparently all SRK sees is SSF4 or funny shit (not really) some random people upload.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    oh damn man. well these matches I've never seen before. very hype matches. quality play too imo.

i'm sure someone will appreciate them. if i could rip these matches onto my computer I would. but i haven't figured it out yet. :confused:
    hmm at the very least I can link them to the UFGT7 tournament thread and maybe catch a few people with a passing interest.
    I'm planning to link a few I liked to SRK anyway, was just making that point I noticed when Shinji did it earlier.

In anycase its fine webster, since over the next few days I'm going to mirror the whole archive on YT, as well the few from 2009. So you don't have to worry about dling. Hopefully, a few online players (nudges Shinji) will be able to learn a few things from them as well.

Also, if I can get in matches over here again, these will push me to step up my game so I don't get one-upped by the very matches I'm upping on my account. lol
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    Good stuff TR. :tup:
  • Kim Sue-ilKim Sue-il Call me JoJo! Joined: Posts: 1,799
    Those ex2p acho videos were intense. Made my day.
    "Opponents are happy when they're winning, when in fact they already lost. That is the Joseph Joestar way."

UMK3/SFEX2+/JJBA: HFTF > other fighters
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,059
    Darun is... beasting !

It only looks like Blanka is giving him some trouble for now . Few match-ups were actually free for Darun :lol: .
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,059
    Behold the glory that is the theory fighter !

Link : WIP Tier List for SFEX2P Arcade Ver.
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    ^ Haha, there's really nothing to say about that from me.

BTW that's a matchup chart not a tier list
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    ^ Haha, there's really nothing to say about that from me.

BTW that's a matchup chart not a tier list

It's a work in progress tier list as the name says, so it will become a tier list once the match-ups are done and filled in . But your right , for now it is a match-up chart .

If anyone has any input on the match-ups for SFEX2 Plus , I'd really appreciate some feedback from match-ups not on the list and/or if you have your own opinions on what's on the list .
    Ok, but you do know that tier lists aren't just based on the number of good matchups alone? Just saying.

I can't deny I'm interested in seeing what you come up with, though.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    Ok, but you do know that tier lists aren't just based on the number of good matchups alone? Just saying.

I know that :P... It's literally looked at by its total amount of points overall . Unless your talking about a weighted tier list .
    The old weighted tier lists were fairly accurate in ST and SSF2 back when those were made.
  • dman1963dman1963 Tiger................................. Joined: Posts: 98
    I just want to say as a daily player of the ex series... I commend you for this thread... Keep the videos coming.... I will start commenting more often on here and the vids...
    (SF2 Series) Claw, Sagat (SFA series)Sagat, Adon,Gouki, Claw (SF3series)- Gouki, Dudley
    (SFIV Series ) Adon, Sagat, Claw, Dudley (SFex series) Gouki,Sagat, Claw, Darun
    Rushdown, Zoning, Grappling, Poking, I can do it all...lol
    The old weighted tier lists were fairly accurate in ST and SSF2 back when those were made.

AceKombat will not fail us Shinji
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
  • factory9factory9 ARCANA HEARTO TWEEEE Joined: Posts: 985
    Is the PS1 port of EX2 Plus any good, or should I just stick to emulating the arcade version for this one?

This game seems like a lot of fun.
    Doesn't matter; PS1 has load times but on the other hand has missions, practice mode and the ability to play as Hayate along with the superior arrange soundtrack
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    I prefer Arcade soundtrack , but it's probably due to hearing that the first time . It loops also :smile: !
  • Kim Sue-ilKim Sue-il Call me JoJo! Joined: Posts: 1,799
    "Opponents are happy when they're winning, when in fact they already lost. That is the Joseph Joestar way."

UMK3/SFEX2+/JJBA: HFTF > other fighters