Austin Thread @ Arcade UFO

Comments

• Ajtucker22Ajtucker22 Blue Lantern of Earth. Joined: Posts: 818
    Yo, something was wrong with UFO when ever I left. It felt like the place got dirty or something... some weird dust on the ground. And the air around me tasted kinda tangy. Salty, if you will.
    Move fast and have hope.
  • HadoukenMDHadoukenMD Dokta Joined: Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ryan, John, Hsien,

Thanks for all your hospitality while Gustavo, Renzo, Josh, and I were in Austin. You guys were all super friendly and helpful during our stay.
    Your arcade is amazing Ryan, thank you for keep the arcade scene going. Your game selection and machines are awesome.

Hsien/Ryan, have a great time in Japan.

had
  • poonagepoonage not ryan harvey Joined: Posts: 1,403
    Attention Austinies. My next out-of-state major will be Season's Beatings: Velocity in Ohio (Oct 14-16). I will have a room reserved at the Red Roof Inn right next door, and can take up to 3 additional people. The room will be CHEAP - a paltry $60 per person for the whole weekend if we split it 4 ways.

This will be my 3rd Season's Beatings in a row now, and it is probably the most hype event in the USA right now apart from Evo. There's also a huge 3rd Strike turnout here every year! :) If you missed EVO, or are still just hungry for more action, get at me.
    The background is favored in this matchup.
  • IkaruIkaru Registered Pro Joined: Posts: 1,233
    former austinite count?
    AE2012 - Ken
    KoFXIII - Kyo/Undecided/Undecided(
    MvC3 - Dante/Vergil/Undecided
    AH3 - Clarice
    former austinite count?

Of course, the room will be Thursday thru Monday, as long as you can either fly from Austin or meet me there, we in there.
  • IkaruIkaru Registered Pro Joined: Posts: 1,233
    Count me in! I'll keep you posted if anything changes but I'm putting request for time off in today.
    AE2012 - Ken
    KoFXIII - Kyo/Undecided/Undecided(
    MvC3 - Dante/Vergil/Undecided
    AH3 - Clarice
  • ChoBoChoBo Joined: Posts: 1,001
    Anyone willing to session in SSFIVAE? I really need to get better and it didn't happen in Killeen, so I'm hoping in Austin I'll improve.
  • cephas82cephas82 Joined: Posts: 156
    Anyone willing to session in SSFIVAE? I really need to get better and it didn't happen in Killeen, so I'm hoping in Austin I'll improve.

I'm in south Austin if anyone is up for sessions. Just switched to a night schedule so I'm free after 8pm, M-F.
    xbox gamertag - LeeCephas
    3S - Dudley
    SF4 - Viper
    Let's get a routine meet up at UFO sometime in the week? That would be easiest so I can plan it around my school schedule
  • RoTeNdORoTeNdO The 'Hardcore Gamer' Joined: Posts: 4,516

Because I was hardly around to kick your ass.. let alone to play the damn game, lol. If you hit up UFO every day, Ray, you'll greatly improve! Just watch. They have more players (obviously) and Yuns/Yans/Kens and a few other characters played at the next level.

You guys better watch out for Raygo! Daigo and Ray both made it out of their pools.. Daigo was lucky he didn't get the chance to play Ray... he would have been eliminated sooner.

Just a heads up for all you Austin cats, we are planning our next Regional, scheduled for 2 days in late January. SSFIVAE, UMvC3, MK, and 3SOE. Loading up on sponsors, prizes, and more! Look for the thread and details soon.

- Rotendo
    ===The few, the proud, the Marines!===
    *EVO Judge 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    Central Texas Brawl Tournament Director
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Attention Austinies. My next out-of-state major will be Season's Beatings: Velocity in Ohio (Oct 14-16).
    That doesn't sound like ARK IV.
  • Mr. BucketMr. Bucket I'm Mr. Bucket! Joined: Posts: 23
    Sup again Austin people. Finally actually in Austin, only my third day. Haven't hit up UFO or anything, don't have the cash to toss around/time to waste until I get a job. Won't have internet hooked up at my place until next week either, so it's really damn boring. Good news is I have an interview with Apple tomorrow, so I'll see how that pans out.
    That doesn't sound like ARK IV.
    ARK IV is the same day as SBO dude, I wish I could be in both places at once though :)
    Sup again Austin people. Finally actually in Austin, only my third day. Haven't hit up UFO or anything, don't have the cash to toss around/time to waste until I get a job. Won't have internet hooked up at my place until next week either, so it's really damn boring. Good news is I have an interview with Apple tomorrow, so I'll see how that pans out.
    Congrats on the move and good luck with your interview/job search!
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    ARK IV > SBO. We have killers like TWG Arthur. Does SBO have white people?
  • RoTeNdORoTeNdO The 'Hardcore Gamer' Joined: Posts: 4,516
    You're silly SmokeMaxX :lol:

- Rotendo

Welcome to to Austin, Mr. Bucket!
    ===The few, the proud, the Marines!===
    *EVO Judge 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    Central Texas Brawl Tournament Director
  • Animefreak6969Animefreak6969 Doesn't Understand Joined: Posts: 1,632
    PSN = iw2ma
    Thanks for the welcome Rotendo! Got that interview down, hopefully get called back for the interview with the person in Singapore. That will still be 2 weeks tho, I think, and even longer after the 2nd interview before I know if I got the job... like 3-4 weeks total. Sucks lol. Anyone got any leads on anything else in the meantime? The sooner I can get a job the sooner I'll know if I'll be able to make this Austin bit a little more permanent, and the sooner I can hop on that SF train lol.
  • TostitoSalsaTostitoSalsa Joined: Posts: 148
    I am so down for SF gatherings. Be it at UFO or someone's place. Grinding with Jesse at the moment but it never hurts to have other players around. I plan to show up at UFO after work more often as well.. Just kinda been getting used to the sleep timing change and etc. So yeah, if anyone is up for games, M-F after 5 or anytime on the weekends, hit me up. Wanna be in top shape for Seasons Beatings.
    "JOP: Hey Joe, you're getting better!" ^_^
    "JOP: THANK GOD FOR FEI LONG"
    Awesome, is there a good day of the week we can all continuously meet up for SFIV that's not on the weekend?
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Friday night, sometime around 8:30 is usually the best time to come by UFO for SF comp (or any game for that matter).
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • enmoshinenmoshin Joined: Posts: 5
    I am so down for SF gatherings. Be it at UFO or someone's place. Grinding with Jesse at the moment but it never hurts to have other players around. I plan to show up at UFO after work more often as well.. Just kinda been getting used to the sleep timing change and etc. So yeah, if anyone is up for games, M-F after 5 or anytime on the weekends, hit me up. Wanna be in top shape for Seasons Beatings.
    You promised to train with me but never have. I sad.
    I wouldn't mind some casuals some time. It looks like I might have a job now, so I'll have to see when I can actually go. But shit if I don't need some practice at either SF or Marvel.
    Move fast and have hope.
  • lockd0wnlockd0wn Joined: Posts: 408
    How's the crowd on Sundays? I know school's started up, so it probably won't be pretty. My friend's flying in Sunday afternoon, he wants some UFO action. :o
    Alaskans; we live in igloos and ride polar bears to school! Don't believe any who say otherwise!
    GFWL; AKG lockdown
    SF; Akuma, Rose, Cammy
  • pstolpstol Joined: Posts: 15
    Hey I'm an outta towner who spends quite a bit of time in Austin and was curious if anyone in north/northwest austin (arboretum/gateway area) would be interested in getting together for some MvC3 casuals. I've won MvC2 and SC2 tourneys locally where I live in Temple, but the scene is less than dead here and online is so hard to reliable improve my game. Message me here, aim @ pstol0wnzj00, or txt at
  • pstolpstol Joined: Posts: 15
    Also my xbox live = pstol, but no live on my system in Austin
  • jerrytoobadjerrytoobad Born to Lose Joined: Posts: 71
    Hey ladys,
    My work (sushi zushi) is hiring drivers at the moment. Its the easiest job in the world and best of all they have company cars!
    Message me for more info.

This message is for everyone expect pozer and brian jones sorry dudesss!
    Everybody wants to see Jesus, but nobody wants to die...
    How would one get in contact with them? Cause I wouldn't mind driving. I like driving.
    Move fast and have hope.
    How's the crowd on Sundays? I know school's started up, so it probably won't be pretty. My friend's flying in Sunday afternoon, he wants some UFO action. :eek:

Sundays are a mixed bag, but at the very least I will be working there and can play everything more than competently.

For those who missed 3rd Strike yesterday, we were fortunate enough to have a Japanese 3rd Strike player randomly show up! The player's name is "Gesu Yarou", a top level Danisen player with multiple characters. He's only here for another two weeks, and he's going to try to come play as much as possible before he has to leave.

This Tuesday, to celebrate the release of 3rd Strike: Online Edition, Gesu Yarou will be coming again (coincidentally, it's his next day off work) and we'll be live-streaming offline games with him all day on the brand new PS3 version of the game. Cost will be $5 to free-play all day with a Japanese God!!! Hope anyone that cares about 3rd Strike can make it and see how crazy he is. He had a 40-something win streak on us yesterday with his Ken, and he beat my Chun 8-2 in a 10 game set.
  • TOKiMONSTATOKiMONSTA Girl Gamer! ^_~ Joined: Posts: 352
    I will play MvC3 with anybody. I am at UFO on Wednesdays and Fridays around 10pm. Holla!

I am scrubby and mash a lot though. Just saiyan.
    Girls are just as good as guys at video games! Nyah~! ^_~
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This message is for everyone expect pozer and brian jones sorry dudesss!
    What?! Jerk, help me out :(
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
    TOKi, one day we need to have a scrub-down in Marvel. I am so ass at that game.
  • JDragonXJDragonX Working with Guy Joined: Posts: 48
    Sup everyone. Just moved to Austin this friday from NYC. I'll be here for a year and look forward to coming here often. I was there on Friday, but only for a few.
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Joined: Posts: 80
    I do believe I'll go up there wednesday night for dat mahvel.
    I do believe I'll go up there wednesday night for dat mahvel.
    Freakin awesome. I'll definitely stay and play some games if you come, never got to play against you in a fighting game!
    Is anyone passing by today? I might be heading out soon.
  • AmpAmp Joined: Posts: 533
    So, I just finally got moved into Austin. What are good times to show up to UFO to get matches? I remember when I was down for school orientation, I showed up at like 3 or 4 PM on a Saturday. There was only one dude there, and he was staff, and bodied me with his Abel & Jin. :(
    GFWL/XBL: Amperture
    Yes, I play on keyboard. Get yourself a KBC Poker.
    Looking for a good keyboard -> console converter.
    Hey, I just moved here myself. And I'm a Guy player too. Who's Jin? -_-
    So, I just finally got moved into Austin. What are good times to show up to UFO to get matches? I remember when I was down for school orientation, I showed up at like 3 or 4 PM on a Saturday. There was only one dude there, and he was staff, and bodied me with his Abel & Jin. :(

Nighttime for competition. Friday and Saturday are the busiest nights, but you can generally get good competition on any weeknight if you go late enough.
  • AmpAmp Joined: Posts: 533
    Hey, I just moved here myself. And I'm a Guy player too. Who's Jin? -_-
    Jin Kisaragi in BlazBlue
    Nighttime for competition. Friday and Saturday are the busiest nights, but you can generally get good competition on any weeknight if you go late enough.
    Define "late enough." 8am classes are a bitch
    GFWL/XBL: Amperture
    Yes, I play on keyboard. Get yourself a KBC Poker.
    Looking for a good keyboard -> console converter.
  • CrimsonDisasterCrimsonDisaster team anime Joined: Posts: 1,582
    usually people start showing up around 8-9pm on weeknights
    I only play games with RCs.